Napster, Kazaa and Morpheus seems like forever ago

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #81
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 2304 2304
 lboog1423 said:
dont forget

[pic - click to view]

this was the golden era of the internet...I use to have over 5,000 songs on my computer. lord knows how many flicks

n*gga had b00ty talk volume 1-120
My favorite one. The bear made it seem less illegal to use.
 5 years ago '10        #82
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
 Julian said:
My favorite one. The bear made it seem less illegal to use.
 5 years ago '12        #83
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,860 | Props total: 22204 22204
imesh, limewire, etc

fu*king a whole day to wait for that cheerokee, naomi, etc to download.

It was worth it
 5 years ago '10        #84
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,294 | Props total: 23803 23803
i loved those programs
 5 years ago '09        #85
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
 blafy said:
Napster - never used it (I think I was 12 when that ended)

Bearshare - it was cool at first but then I got virus like crazy

Morpheous - (not lying at all) I download the dark knight (the first one) what did I get.....HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE (no lie) I wasnt even mad I was just surprised and I re watched the movie again

Kazza - pr0n pr0n pr0n pr0n pr0n pr0n and then viruses

Kazaa and Morpheous I did use for music, more morpheous than anything
 5 years ago '04        #86
NaMeLeSs- 83 heat pts83
space
space
$9,303 | Props total: 3608 3608
pal talk
 5 years ago '11        #87
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 238 238
Momma beat my a.ss with the house slipper for infecting the computer.

5 years ago '13        #88
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 YARKONE said:
viruses off Mirc? u know this site was built off the quality of the sh*t you could get off mirc. Then one day all the good channels went invite only so I hoped on a thing called beat-box.

I never ever fu*ked with things like Kazaa or napster...
I never said mirc but what I said was that at the time so many people was downloading.... well stuff.

That nearly every pc had a virus at that time. Not by mirc but everyone was using lime wire and stuff at that point where no one's pc was safe. n*ggas had to put they pc to the shop and all of that back then. Now with things like windows 7 you can easily restore from previous days and stuff, if you ever get a bad virus. With macs, them sh*ts are virus proof practically.

But the bigger question is do y'all remember how much room y'all pc had back then?

Now a days, n*ggas got 500 gb in a computer but back then my pc had probably only 150 gb and im being generous lol.

I dont even think n*ggas had flashdrives back then. Only floppy disk is what I had.

Last edited by Guvnor; 03-09-2013 at 10:53 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #89
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,909 | Props total: 579 579
soulseek was my favorite
 5 years ago '06        #90
poppapimple 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,846 | Props total: 309 309
 QB Eagles said:
The GOAT

[pic - click to view]

2nd that
 5 years ago '05        #91
xratede 
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 239 239
I used to fu*k with Kazaa and Ares, soo much pr0n and random music. sh*t would blow when u think you downloading a movie overnight, wake up the next day and that sh*t will be a bs movie you didnt want
 5 years ago '06        #92
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18969 18969
Lol, some of y'all are too young, but yo, I remember when cats first started burning CDs and sh*t ...

cats had to cop CD-Rs and learn how to fuggin burn MP3's onto those hoes! sh*t was critical! Lil, and I remember how it used to like, take damn near a fu*kin hour to burn a digging CD mang ...

Yup, these youngins now don't know abt that struggle life ...
 5 years ago '06        #93
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
Good ole days I miss me some Napster/Winmx
 5 years ago '11        #94
CarlozRossi 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,870 | Props total: 3834 3834

[pic - click to view]

i use to fu*k with this before itunes.
 5 years ago '10        #95
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,617 | Props total: 693 693
 JickBangz said:
I never said mirc but what I said was that at the time so many people was downloading.... well stuff.

That nearly every pc had a virus at that time. Not by mirc but everyone was using lime wire and stuff at that point where no one's pc was safe. n*ggas had to put they pc to the shop and all of that back then. Now with things like windows 7 you can easily restore from previous days and stuff, if you ever get a bad virus. With macs, them sh*ts are virus proof practically.

But the bigger question is do y'all remember how much room y'all pc had back then?

Now a days, n*ggas got 500 gb in a computer but back then my pc had probably only 150 gb and im being generous lol.

I dont even think n*ggas had flashdrives back then. Only floppy disk is what I had.

old computer had 32gb hdd and 512mb ram.
 5 years ago '04        #96
supremeskillz 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$393 | Props total: 136 136
whatabout Audiogalaxy?? That was my fave. I remember searching for <artist name> + CDQ to find songs before they had videos for them or got airplay.
 5 years ago '05        #97
mistadontplay 
space
space
$2,779 | Props total: 1 1
 blafy said:
Napster - never used it (I think I was 12 when that ended)

Bearshare - it was cool at first but then I got virus like crazy

Morpheous - (not lying at all) I download the dark knight (the first one) what did I get.....HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE (no lie) I wasnt even mad I was just surprised and I re watched the movie again

Kazza - pr0n pr0n pr0n pr0n pr0n pr0n and then viruses

Kazaa and Morpheous I did use for music, more morpheous than anything
damn you young as sh*t. Napster and kazaa was where it was at though they had the most of everything. Napster had everything If harold and kumar was on there then that sh*t was around way after i started using forums hubs and torrents...no torrents no mo tho but that sh*t ended when i was bout 21 or 22. napster came in handy in college with that good ol T3 connection.
 5 years ago '12        #98
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 13020 13020
Limewire: Pretty good and had the most files in my opinion but too many viruses.

Imesh: This was my sh*t. Used it mostly for songs. Used to leave my computer on and download sh*t overnight.

WinMX: Pretty good as well and lacked viruses but songs were limited.

Back during that era, P2P sites gave you an adrenaline rush or some sh*t. It's like you couldn't stop downloading sh*t cause of the fact you knew you were getting it for free and getting free media back then was a BIG deal.

Interesting enough, I always had like 3 virus/spyware protection programs on deck just in case some sh*t popped off.

Those were the days.
 5 years ago '12        #99
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 13020 13020
 JickBangz said:

That nearly every pc had a virus at that time.
Not by mirc but everyone was using lime wire and stuff at that point where no one's pc was safe. n*ggas had to put they pc to the shop and all of that back then. Now with things like windows 7 you can easily restore from previous days and stuff, if you ever get a bad virus. With macs, them sh*ts are virus proof practically.

Bruh I remember that sh*t. You couldn't even go to your friend's house and use their computer cause their sh*t had infections too. Plus people back then had them slow a.ss xp computers with 512 mb RAM. Time a virus hit that bi*ch, the whole dam computer froze and you couldn't do sh*t cause the RAM space was so small to begin with. Nowdays n*ggas got 7GB RAM and a terabyte of space and like you said, now you can just easily restore the computer back to an earlier date.
 5 years ago '06        #100
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
soulseek had all the rare underground music
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago