Shia LaBeouf To Direct 'Good kid, m.A.A.d city' Short Film?

most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 5605 5605
oh sh*t he came back
 5 years ago '11        #42
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1192 1192
 GameTheory said:
I love how much you all amp up these messages when you don't even realize you're just being played by executives who push this sh*t as "premium entertainment"

Yes. Lets have another story of a young black boy in the hood. Thats the best he can do anyways.

Dudes LOVE this underdog bullsh*t.
Kinda like how you LOVE Drake?

Kendrick>>>>>>>>>>Drake.

Get over it.
 5 years ago '12        #43
CaliSteppin 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,694 | Props total: 3394 3394
 GameTheory said:
I love how much you all amp up these messages when you don't even realize you're just being played by executives who push this sh*t as "premium entertainment"

Yes. Lets have another story of a young black boy in the hood. Thats the best he can do anyways.

You mean the same story Drake wants us to believe so bad? Foh. Take your 1000 related Kendrick loss and carry on
 5 years ago '11        #44
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
 GameTheory said:
I don't "love" drake. I just think hes a better artist than Kendrick.

I just find it funny from the outside how they keep repackaging this same "young black boy in the hood" meme and you all just eat it up.
I find it funny how you run into every Kendrick thread and proceed to sound like a fu*king idiot.
 5 years ago '05        #45
Ari Gold 315 heat pts315
space
space
$15,213 | Props total: 1185 1185
 GameTheory said:
When will this bullsh*t end?

This n*gga Kendrick really must have dropped a B- level product in a field when people are averaging about a C-/D+

I can NOT for the life of me see why people are so captivated by this sh*t.

People must really love that hood/gangster hard-luck-tale bullsh*t. I guess its a movie and "dangerous" entertainment to them. Reminds me of why so many were attracted to 50's GRoDT movie.
You sound like a bi*ch you couldn't listen to it until you got wi fi at your local library..If you mistake this album for dangerous you are as ignorant as the mother who birthed you. Anyone who raised and maintained such a waste of life deserves to be arrested and slaughtered. We all have our opinions when It comes to music. If yours is negative YOUR opinion just that....YOURS. Don't waste your already sorry life,coming into a thread praising a rapper who you have no interest in.It's really kids like you that deaded music. Fake hipster f*ggots who think they're ahead of the curb..when the curb is what you should eat for even fixing your sausage fingers to type this .

Last edited by Ari Gold; 03-07-2013 at 12:44 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #46
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 GameTheory said:

You're actually stupid. The story of the album shows Kendrick's life getting increasingly worse as he increasingly does more "hood sh*t." It's only when he focuses on his music and being a more positive, "real" person that he starts to better his situation. The album is LITERALLY doing the opposite of what you say. You're not gonna see this though, because you're really fu*kin stupid.
 5 years ago '05        #47
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 GameTheory said:
You all know this wasn't even the original view on the album. Its some sh*t he knew people would eat up because everyone can't help but be drawn to that urban novella BS.

I just see through it.
You say you've been following Kendrick for a while before GKMC, but clearly you haven't being paying much attention. GKMC was always his view for his major label release. He's said that many times and you can hear different stories referring to the topic throughout his many previous releases. You're just an idiot. This is the life he lived, what's he supposed to do, tell something different? He's not even claiming to be a gangster, just a good kid from a rough area who got caught up in some sh*t. What's realer than that? Who from a rough area can't relate to that? You're making no sense.
 5 years ago '12        #48
Str8OuttaLoCash 
space
space
$220 | Props total: 19 19
 Stillhyphy said:
you white? you dont have to talk about Aks and cocaine to have that hood vibe to your music
no im not white, why would you ask that?

kendricks whole style is like some introverted, slam poetry type dude who grew up around the hood life but wasn't really involved with it and sort of (but barely) incorporates it into his music.

think nas during illmatic but before it was written

but don't ever try to compare the two albums or rappers
 5 years ago '11        #49
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Str8OuttaLoCash said:
no im not white, why would you ask that?

kendricks whole style is like some introverted, slam poetry type dude who grew up around the hood life but wasn't really involved with it and sort of (but barely) incorporates it into his music.

think nas during illmatic but before it was written

but don't ever try to compare the two albums or rappers
So you're comparing Nas and Kendrick
 5 years ago '12        #50
Vrl87 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,590 | Props total: 375 375
To everyone talking sh*t about Shia... At least watch some of directorial work before giving your thoughts..

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #51
Coke Wave 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,094 | Props total: 178 178
 GameTheory said:

This n*gga Kendrick really must have dropped a B- level product in a field when people are averaging about a C-/D+

People must really love that hood/gangster hard-luck-tale bullsh*t. I guess its a movie and "dangerous" entertainment to them. Reminds me of why so many were attracted to 50's GRoDT movie.
 5 years ago '04        #52
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,329 | Props total: 2733 2733
 GameTheory said:

You are a drake fan. A guy who raps with no substance. You think Take Care is a classic.

So far you still Dont get the whole message.

Its funny you get tired of this so called glorified of hood but yet you support drake acting like a thug, and support the thing that most people need to be tired of is music with 0 substance. You support rick Ross fake gangsta persona.

GKMC theme was pure pressure and how it negatively impacted Kendrick's life.

And the funny thing is that you claim Kendrick is not nice, but fail to realize he basically showcase great story telling ability.

And the sad thing is this album is critically praised and yet you wonder why only you is the only one who comes in every Kendrick Lamar thread.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 03-07-2013 at 06:13 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #53
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Vrl87 said:
To everyone talking sh*t about Shia... At least watch some of directorial work before giving your thoughts..

Wow.. Never saw that before..

Props
 5 years ago '04        #54
Outlawfromabove 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,557 | Props total: 753 753
I fu*k with Kendrick and its a good album for a debut....but there is nothing epic about the album. Good promo so it sold well. It was my number 3 of 2012 only because it was a soft year.
Game = 1
Ross = 2
Kendrick = 3
 5 years ago '10        #55
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Outlawfromabove said:
I fu*k with Kendrick and its a good album for a debut....but there is nothing epic about the album. Good promo so it sold well. It was my number 3 of 2012 only because it was a soft year.
Game = 1
Ross = 2
Kendrick = 3
Good promo?

Where did you see any promotion for this album?

His album sold for a couple of reasons (Promo not being one of them)

- Quality of music
- The strength of Section .80
- Word of mouth
- Being able to make a universal single like "Swimming Pools"

Thats why he hasn't seen the typical week to week 50% drop off that the majority of artist see..

He's selling a consistent 20k albums a week for the above listed reasons.
 5 years ago '05        #56
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,523 | Props total: 1690 1690
 GameTheory said:

It's a big breath of fresh air to be honest. We haven't had a true-to-life story in an album in some time. Not to mention it's backed by a strong lyrical presence. And in a place saturated by dumbed down concepts & trap beats of course it's gonna stand out to those needing something different.

The story in the album was already easy to visualize (especially cuz of the shot of the street and the van in the album cover) but i would love to see a movie producer's concept of this as well.
 5 years ago '12        #57
Thugocracy 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,346 | Props total: 10 10
GKMC is a good album. Just because some HipHopDX/Pitchfork type music nerds overhyped it doesn't mean it's not good. People gravitated toward his album because it feels more honest and relatable than just about anything that's mainstream at the moment.

The mainstream is lacking that sort of creativity right now. It's the closest thing to a real life street story you are gonna find being pushed from a major right now. People can actually relate to stories about getting hit up by gangbangers and riding around in a car with your boys doing dumb a.ss sh*t as opposed to going into fantasy land listening to some n*gga rap about a Maybach and kilos when you're busting a.ss at your 9 to 5 trying to make rent. In the mainstream your other options are basically either "TRAPPIN IN DA TRAP VOL. 4 BY THE TRAP STREET n*ggaZ" or some soft a.ss r&b type n*gga rapping about how he's gonna wash some woman's car for her.
 5 years ago '06        #58
adub123 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,962 | Props total: 11807 11807
 Vrl87 said:

This.

beat me to it bro if Shia does anything even close to this for GKMC we're in for a treat
 5 years ago '07        #59
Barnone254 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,670 | Props total: 1165 1165
 Radio Raheem said:
So the n*gga from even Stevens directing it?he should have got someone like the hughs brothers or john singleton
This right here
 5 years ago '13        #60
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Vrl87 said:

Word I remember seing this.

I know he is gonna do a great job for the homie k-dot. Them hating n*ggas will see it and act like they loved him from the jump.

fu*k out of here!

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop