Drake: #5 Hottest MC In The Game(This list is officially on that bullish)

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #61
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 HipHopFactz said:
this mtv lists have always been lame

drake been on just about every big rap record for 2 years running, his feature is one of the reasons alot of these dudes have a hit record
Drake is the new Wayne in that sense.All he's missing is the flood of mixtapes.Drake,2Chainz & Kendrick(in any order) should be top 3 I could care less from there out.
 5 years ago '11        #62
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
You equals take this mtv list seriousyell™
 5 years ago '04        #63
bigcabb 
space
space
$445 | Props total: 0 0
n*ggas not even a MC. he's just a n*gga who makes words sound alike. smh.
 5 years ago '04        #64
bigcabb 
space
space
$445 | Props total: 0 0
 BoiiDoIt34 said:
How in the hell can they even consider 4 guys better then drake!?! Drake bodied every verse he had last year and you can argue he made 2 chainz,ASAP rocky, and Kendrick Lamar household names thanks too his verses. I know damn well peopl arent going around quoting French Montanas pop that verse they're too busy saying "I'm about being single, seein double, making triple" MTV need too wake up
u must be 13
 5 years ago '10        #65
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,908 | Props total: 9063 9063
 urbangatsby said:
true but damn they usually fu*k it up at the top 3.....the top 5 has drake?? who will they put before drake future, lil wayne and rick ross? he's hotter than all 3 of those n*ggas combine

lil wayne can't make a hit song without drake.....drake is hotter than lil wayne period....he's responsible for his hits the last 4 years....rick ross aint sh*t without someone from young money rapping on his sh*t and future is a tpain knockoff that only mildly lukewarm in the hood
I have to agree that Drake is "hotter" than Rick Ross right now.

I'm surprised that he's not listed higher, especially with all of the accolades that the crew at the table discussed.

How did Big Sean jump over Kanye as the #6 hottest rapper on the list!

I don't see how Sean is hotter or more relevant (even as strictly a rapper) than Kanye. The people on that MTV panel are giving Sean way too much hype IMO.

Dude's buzz isn't that big IMO. The Detroit mixtape isn't getting as much play as they think, "Clique" would be no where without Kanye and Jay Z, same for the "Dance" remix with Minaj a year or two ago.

Big Sean clearly isn't hotter than Meek Mill right now and they have Meek listed at #10, I think.

Sean might not be hotter than Wiz Khalifa.
 5 years ago '04        #66
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
Are they still doing that dumb sh*t where they put a n*gga on the list in a spot, argue it for 20 minutes, then just change the spot the next day?

And they gonna put Nas on the list. Just saying the name Nas in a rap conversation is a way for dumb a.ss n*ggas with sh*tty opinions to try to sound legit. If you say you fu*k with Future, French Montana, etc.. it sounds like you just ride the wave, and listen to trash rap. If you drop Nas on your list, all of a sudden you're a learned individual, and a discerning listener.
 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM         #67
bigsyke19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what hip hop fan goes by mtv...
 5 years ago '04        #68
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 198 198
Who cares what MTV thinks. Truth is Drake is the hottest act in the game right now. Even when he doesn't have an album out, he's still on hit songs and just always making hits.

People can say he's corny or whatever but dude is on top of the game right now
 5 years ago '10        #69
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
Im my man Kendrick dont win then it's something seriously wrong
 5 years ago '05        #70
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,258 | Props total: 9716 9716
n*ggas need to relax with the negativity. This is a forum where people are allowed to express their opinions on things. Not one person in here is making arguments that MTV should be held to a higher hip-hop standard. We get to laugh and talk about how dumb the list is...
 5 years ago '05        #71
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
the fact its an MTV list packed with wack commerical rappers make it offically bullsh*t
 5 years ago '08        #72
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,052 | Props total: 4896 4896
 the407problem said:
the fact its an MTV list packed with wack commerical rappers make it offically bullsh*t
What non commercial rappers are top 10 in the game? Did you give that questions some thought?
 5 years ago '04        #73
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
The MTV list is about who's "hot", which is to say, "who is the most commercially viable right now".

The list would make absolutely no sense if it wasn't all about commercial rappers.

It's not about who's the most skilled rapper. Unfortunately, n*ggas don't give a fu*k about that anymore.
 5 years ago '05        #74
YoungRockJizzay 
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 78 78
If Wayne win the top spot after that loose leaf bar about Emmett Till, I know what it is! The more **** the better. List holds about as much merit as a bucket with a hole in the bottom holds water.
 5 years ago '10        #75
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,908 | Props total: 9063 9063
 Keno024 said:
What non commercial rappers are top 10 in the game? Did you give that questions some thought?
That's true that the list is about who's most relevant, but I think the list even has buzz confused.

Last year, J Cole was clearly one of the hottest in the game and had more buzz than some people on the list and they left him off for Big Sean and almost put French on the list over him.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I don't see how Big Sean is the #6 hottest rapper.

His "Detroit" mixtape isn't buzzing that much from what I see, dude is fortunate to be on a label and having features with Kanye, Jay Z, and the rest of Good Music. Sean is somewhat corny to a lot of people. lol @ the panel saying he's holding his own on the tracks.

Looks like T.I. isn't making the list, I don't think Big Sean is buzzing more than him, Wale, or Meek Mill right now either.

Even though I'm not a big Drake fan, dude should be higher than #5 IMO. As much d!ckriding as some of the people on the panel do, I'm surprised Drake isn't higher.

Looks like they purposely might leave Minaj off the list.

It's a win for hiphop if Kendrick is #1 IMO. I wonder if Rick Ross is in the top 4 if they'll mention his recent issues and shooting incident.

I think Nas should've made the list off of how well received "Life Is Good" was, but oh well him and Jay Z are vets and probably couldn't care less about lists like these.
 5 years ago '04        #76
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,254 | Props total: 717 717
 Keno024 said:
are you talking top ten mc or just top ten in hip pop? Are YOU giving that some thought? Who puts out the best music, or who has the most fans? End of the day, Drake should make top 5 on a mtv list . he does not have enough work in 12 to be no 1.
 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM         #77
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 notoriousthugzz said:
who cares

f*ggots spend all day on here bickering about where their favorite sh*tty rappers are listed on some stupid fu*kin list

get some pus*y

[pic - click to view]

03-06-2013, 12:57 PM         #78
God Mode 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this list can't be taken seriously at all
 5 years ago '11        #79
Roddy Little 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,054 | Props total: 740 740
Why was Big Sean #6 on the list? For the same reason Kanye picked him over Common, Mos Def, Pusha T to be on the first verse/chorus of Clique
 5 years ago '11        #80
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,068 | Props total: 2553 2553
 WCIB said:
Kendrick and 2 Chainz are the only acceptable answers for me. And ironically both of those benefitted from Drake features. I'm not saying he made their 2012 success either... I can't see Jay being higher on the list than Drake right now or J. Cole so... Wayne or T.I. have to be the other two IMO. I know I'm wrong on T.I. most likely.
K Dot benefitted from Drake???
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy