Official Sim City 5 Thread (BX Region? Get in here!)

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,747 | Props total: 1187 1187
Sim City and Tomb Raider tonight. Damn.

I'm tentative on this one. Let me know how it is. If i get some positive impressions I might cop
 5 years ago '04        #22
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706

^Live stream right now if people wanna check it out
 5 years ago '04        #23
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,442 | Props total: 6037 6037
nobody answered my question though

so u can connect cities together or how does this work
 5 years ago '04        #24
space
space
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:

Yeah man. You can have up to 16 cities (16 players) in one region, and all these players work together in building their cities and growing their economies...
 5 years ago '04        #25
space
space
 Russ369 said:
Yeah man. You can have up to 16 cities (16 players) in one region, and all these players work together in building their cities and growing their economies...
hmm sign me up i gotta pick this up sometime tomorrow
 5 years ago '04        #26
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:

Yea basically all cities in a region are connected via highway and rail. Each city within the region can share services and resources with each other, and help spur growth.

For instance, if I create an industry-heavy city it would make sense for me to create a big garbage-collection operation and a sewage treatment plant and take all of y'all garbage and sewage. So someone who creates a beautiful tourist city that doesn't want those types of services in their city can just get their coverage from me.

Some of your residents can also come work in my industry if they can't find enough jobs in their own cities, and demand for industry in your city wouldn't be as high because there is more of that in my city. I could buy my water from your city, and you could buy your power from me.

You could provide a big fire department and police department to provide crime and fire protection for me and I wouldn't have to build those things as long as you send enough coverage my way.

Someone else could build a big university and your sims could go to their city to get educated. You could build a bus and train network to make sure those students can get to that dude's cities because the buses will help sims commute between cities.

And all the cities in the region share city hall departments. If I built a department of utilities in my city, you get the benefits of that, and vice versa if you were to build a department of education or department of transportation.

literally everything is intertwined. sh*t will be crazy.
 5 years ago '04        #27
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
But with the positives are also negatives. For instance, if you have a lot of crime in your cities those criminals might start spreading to other cities. Or if the wind is blowing pollution from my city in your direction your sims will be sicker because of it.
 5 years ago '04        #28
space
space
2.5 more hours, I pray to god the servers aren't going to be backed up, I'd like to have this downloaded in less than an hour if possible
 5 years ago '04        #29
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Acid Rap said:
I'm not huge into PC gaming at all, but I'd like to check this out. I'm using a ThinkCentre M Series Intel i3 3.3GHz 4GB Ram with an Intel HD integrated chip. I started to find a decent card for Diablo 3, but it ran the game fine for my taste. Only problem is my case is the slim form factor so I'll have to have one of the smaller cards. I don't need something major, just somebody recommend me some cards that should push this game at a decent clip.
The minimum specs say an integrated Intel HD 4100, GT 7800, and some low-end radeon card or higher so you won't need a crazy expensive graphics card at all to run it. What's your budget?
 5 years ago '04        #30
space
space
We have to build our cities close too so they are all attached via rail/highway for trade
 5 years ago '04        #31
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Yea basically all cities in a region are connected via highway and rail. Each city within the region can share services and resources with each other, and help spur growth.

For instance, if I create an industry-heavy city it would make sense for me to create a big garbage-collection operation and a sewage treatment plant and take all of y'all garbage and sewage. So someone who creates a beautiful tourist city that doesn't want those types of services in their city can just get their coverage from me.

Some of your residents can also come work in my industry if they can't find enough jobs in their own cities, and demand for industry in your city wouldn't be as high because there is more of that in my city. I could buy my water from your city, and you could buy your power from me.

You could provide a big fire department and police department to provide crime and fire protection for me and I wouldn't have to build those things as long as you send enough coverage my way.

Someone else could build a big university and your sims could go to their city to get educated. You could build a bus and train network to make sure those students can get to that dude's cities because the buses will help sims commute between cities.

And all the cities in the region share city hall departments. If I built a department of utilities in my city, you get the benefits of that, and vice versa if you were to build a department of education or department of transportation.

literally everything is intertwined. sh*t will be crazy.
this could be epic, my wife go love this sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #32
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
Have any of y'all been charged by Origin yet? That's if you pre-ordered with Origin.
 5 years ago '05        #33
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,249 | Props total: 2423 2423
Gonna build a city on my own for a lil while since its been along time so I'm gonna played simcity in a few days tho I will open up roads to my sh*t, I'm the kinda person that likes to explore the game on my own for a lil while.
 5 years ago '05        #34
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,430 | Props total: 2902 2902
My life ends in 2 hours.
 5 years ago '04        #35
space
space
Me and philo are prolly gonna create the game, we are gonna make it private ill throw out the details as soon as I can
 5 years ago '05        #36
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,430 | Props total: 2902 2902
 HiRolliN said:
Gonna build a city on my own for a lil while since its been along time so I'm gonna played simcity in a few days tho I will open up roads to my sh*t, I'm the kinda person that likes to explore the game on my own for a lil while.
I will definitely have a region of my own aside from this one for the same reasons. But I'll be more focused on the Bx Region because this version seems to reward co-op play a lot more. It'll take much much longer to do a region dolo.
 5 years ago '04        #37
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
I will definitely have a region of my own aside from this one for the same reasons. But I'll be more focused on the Bx Region because this version seems to reward co-op play a lot more. It'll take much much longer to do a region dolo.
Yea I'm planning the same. Focusing on the BX region and a reddit region I joined but I'll still have another one on the side.
 5 years ago '04        #38
space
space
So I found out private regions are Invite Only, so like I said, i'll make the game and send the invites once everyone is up, check back in this thread later on

Region name will be Boxdenville, so look for it once its up, like I said ill send out invites

Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 03-04-2013 at 09:03 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #39
space
space
wish they had simcity in forum mode where like boxden u can jump from thread to thread with a avatar and talk sh*t like some second life sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #40
KoolBreeze 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,767 | Props total: 5971 5971
Man yall are bout to make me cop. I havent played a game like this in a looooong time but it looks addicting as hell and im off work all week. gonna see if i can get this bootcamp to run windows 8
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy