Sunday Night Game Thread: Atlanta Hawks V.S. LA Lakers @ Staples Center [9pm Tip Off Time]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
7592 pageviews
382 comments

Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,880 | Props total: 30091 30091
Sunday Night Game Thread: Atlanta Hawks V.S. LA Lakers @ Staples Center [9pm Tip Off Time]

ATLANTA HAWKS

VS

LA LAKERS

[pic - click to view]

Another victory won't move the Los Angeles Lakers back into the Western Conference playoff picture, but it will lift them to .500.

T
he Lakers will try to get to the break-even point for the first time in more than two months on Sunday night when they go for a seventh straight home victory over the Atlanta Hawks.

Acquiring Dwight Howard and two-time MVP Steve Nash in the offseason brought championship expectations, but this Lakers team has grossly underachieved.

Los Angeles (29-30), though, is enjoying its best stretch of the season with 12 wins in 17 games. The Lakers are just 2 1/2 games behind eighth-place Houston and eyeing a .500 record for the first time since they were 15-15 on Dec. 28.

"We've had enough time together where we've turned a corner and we're making improvement instead of continually taking steps back," said Nash, who had 10 points and seven a.ssists in Thursday's 116-94 home win over Minnesota.

"I think that improvement has been a long time coming, but it's only the beginning. We really need to continue to improve."

Even in his 17th season, 34-year-old Kobe Bryant has still found a way to improve his game, shooting a career-best 47.2 percent. He's hit 59.6 of his field-goal attempts in the last four contests while averaging 35.0 points. The league's fifth all-time leading scorer has taken 21 or more shots in each of those games after a 13-game run when he took more than 19 just twice.

"I've been in attack mode since the (All-Star) break. It's go time," Bryant said Thursday after hitting four 3-pointers and scoring 33 points. "We're getting a little closer, and we're starting to get in more of a striking distance where you start watching (the playoff race)."

The Hawks (33-24) can forget about catching East-leading Miami (42-14) in the Southeast Division, but they're in a tight battle with Brooklyn for the fourth seed and the first-round home-court advantage that comes with it.

Atlanta was hoping to arrive at Staples Center on a five-game winning streak, but it committed 21 turnovers in Friday's 92-87 loss to Phoenix.

"It's been good for us these first three games of the road trip, and we've been playing very well, (but) maybe we needed a game like this to just snap up back into reality," said coach Larry Drew, a former Laker point guard. "Now we have to go into LA to play against a very tough Laker team and then we go to Denver (on Monday) to finish this road trip out. We let a golden opportunity slip away tonight, but we've got to be ready for the next."

Howard better be ready for Al Horford, who has been on a tear over the last eight games - averaging 24.8 points and 11.8 rebounds.

Atlanta, though, will likely need a better offensive effort from Josh Smith, who had five points on 2-of-11 shooting on Friday, if it's going to post its first road win in this series since Feb. 15, 2006.

Playing without Horford (torn pectoral muscle), the Hawks had one of their worst shooting performances of the season (34.4 percent) in the last matchup between these teams, an 86-78 Lakers home win last Feb. 14.

Bryant finished with a season-low 10 points in that contest, Los Angeles' third straight victory over Atlanta.

Copyright 2012 by STATS LLC and a.ssociated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and a.ssociated Press is strictly prohibited.

image .500 here we come

382 comments for "Sunday Night Game Thread: Atlanta Hawks V.S. LA Lakers @ Staples Center [9pm Tip Off Time]"

5 years ago '11        #2
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Ain't no we n*gga. LakersNation don't eff with you son. Go cheer for the Sixers, Bynum Stan.
 03-03-2013, 03:03 PM         #3
Joehook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Garbage a.ss lakers

Should be an easy win for the hawks..
 5 years ago '05        #4
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970 OP
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Ain't no we n*gga. LakersNation don't eff with you son. Go cheer for the Sixers, Bynum Stan.
when i say we i dont mean we as in lakernation i mean we as in me, kobe bryant and earl clark.

@ we dont fu*k with u. aren't u the same n*gga that got called out for being a laker hawks fan

n*gga is a kobe bryant fan
 5 years ago '11        #5
space
space
 Dun Language said:
when i say we i dont mean we as in lakernation i mean we as in me, kobe bryant and earl clark.

Oh, so you're Devin Ebanks now?

And aren't you the same n*gga who had to change his name because BX kept sh*ttin on him?

Been talking trash about the Lakers and jumping ship and now you want to come back like you were here all along. Nah, playa, nah.
 5 years ago '11        #6
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 Dun Language said:
@ we dont fu*k with u. aren't u the same n*gga that got called out for being a laker hawks fan

n*gga is a kobe bryant fan
 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM         #7
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dun back
 5 years ago '05        #8
space
space
change my name because a bunch of people i don't know was talking sh*t to me ? like all of do on here to one another ? my join date is 04 your join date is 2011 so u probably take this forum sh*t to heart.

i changed my name because i pay my comcast bill and this is my account and i had enough heat points to do so and my hot topic threads follow u to any name change u do so what would i really gain from that ?

and 90% of u n*ggas on here are pus*y and dont go outside...so who would fear any of u ?
 5 years ago '11        #9
space
space
 Dun Language said:
change my name because a bunch of people i don't know was talking sh*t to me ? like all of do on here to one another ? my join date is 04 your join date is 2011 so u probably take this forum sh*t to heart.

i changed my name because i pay my comcast bill and this is my account and i had enough heat points to do so and my hot topic threads follow u to any name change u do so what would i really gain from that ?

and 90% of u n*ggas on here are pus*y and dont go outside...so who would fear any of u ?
Why you getting all emotional?

What was your name before? BXKid or something like that. SunNY or something
 5 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 SeaJaiye said:
dun back
my n*gga seajaiye

n*ggas take a leave from boxden now u got phaggots like kaddilac thinking sh*t changed and they can talk any kind of way to me.
 5 years ago '05        #11
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Kobe the God with the opportunity to have his team at .500 in March

5 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Why you getting all emotional?

What was your name before? BXKid or something like that. SunNY or something
what does me clearing the air have to do with emotions?

if anyone is emotional its u. u came in my thread not the other way around.

i make u n*gga's mad yall don't make me mad.

u probably mad i made the thread before u wit ya sensitive a.ss
 5 years ago '11        #13
space
space
 Dun Language said:
what does me clearing the air have to do with emotions?

if anyone is emotional its u. u came in my thread not the other way around.

i make u n*gga's mad yall don't make me mad.

u probably mad i made the thread before u wit ya sensitive a.ss
I remember now. It's CashNY.

Had to change your name because you were getting e-bullied on BX.
 5 years ago '06        #14
jj01 
space
space
$44,952 | Props total: 4671 4671
atl is one of the sorriest squads in the league, of course the sterns' will win.
 5 years ago '07        #15
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,430 | Props total: 69954 69954
lakers got this.

they lost to the suns on friday, road game for atl, lakers been off since thursday night.

lakers should win this easily, cant let korver or teague out play us
 5 years ago '11        #16
Bullet22 74 heat pts74
space
space
$12,513 | Props total: 6658 6658
 Bkjj11 said:
lakers got this.

they lost to the suns on friday, road game for atl, lakers been off since thursday night.

lakers should win this easily, cant let korver or teague out play us
We gots this
 5 years ago '04        #17
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,458 | Props total: 6044 6044

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #18
space
space
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:

[pic - click to view]

Noooooooooooo

5 years ago '12        #19
Vrl87 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,591 | Props total: 375 375
Let's get this W.

3 hour pre-game sesh first.
 03-03-2013, 05:30 PM         #20
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
must win games in march now

where they do that at
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy