(Official Anticipation/Discussion Thread) Justin Timberlake-The 20/20 Experience NO IT DIDN'T LEAK

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
217 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #461
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Been listenin to this all damn day at work.

And as big of a fan as I am, I'm not afraid to admit vocally justin got lazy. Too much falsetto and light singing on this. He was never a powerhouse vocalist but it wouldve been dope if he actually used more of his vocals.

THIS , is pretty much the same way I'm feeling. The handful of tracks I'm disappointed with are mostly the slow ones over mediocre production. It sounds like Timbo got lazy and made a very uninspired beat and Justin just went in and freestyled over it.

Just light falsettos over decent but "flat" production with no catchy hook or dope drops. Those handful of tracks sound like something I wouldn't mind falling asleep to but they really dont do anything for me outside of that.

Last edited by psylence2k; 03-12-2013 at 02:25 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #462
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
ima disagree with timbo being lazy dnt get how u can even say that

ur just disappointed this doesnt sound like FS part 2 and thats ok
 5 years ago '12        #463
Carib Breeze 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,268 | Props total: 11 11
So JT got the computers puting

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #464
Juelz23 
space
space
$1,189 | Props total: 380 380
so because all the tracks didnt have a catchy hook?
can anyone link me to a JT song they wanted this album to sound like please.
 5 years ago '04        #465
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 JewsusChrist said:
ima disagree with timbo being lazy dnt get how u can even say that

ur just disappointed this doesnt sound like FS part 2 and thats ok
Mirrors doesn't sound like anything on FSLS IMO and it's one of JT's best tracks.
 5 years ago '04        #466
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Juelz23 said:
so because all the tracks didnt have a catchy hook?
can anyone link me to a JT song they wanted this album to sound like please.
a catchy hook is just one of many things that can make a song dope, the songs I'm disappointed with just didn't have any "shining" moments about them.

I really dont want JT or any artist to put an album or songs out that sound the "same" as their last album. If they do make a song that sounds the same but still banging then so be it.

I think well know what the dope songs on Justified and FSLS were tho, I dont think I have to name them. Like I said this album has AMAZING moments, but to me it has ALOT of filler too.

It's the same thing when Suit and Tie came out, people wanted to call you crazy if you didn't like it, now almost everyone is admitting it wasn't all that.
 5 years ago '10        #467
Illswift 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,128 | Props total: 0 0
"Let the Groove Get In" is on some Michael Jackson "Wanna Be Staring Something" sh*t.
 5 years ago '10        #468
Illswift 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,128 | Props total: 0 0
God damn! Production on this album is just
 5 years ago '04        #469
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,897 | Props total: 2564 2564
1st listen through. not bad so far, but good god at the beat on the 2nd half of tunnel vision

timbo the black jesus
 03-12-2013, 02:49 PM         #470
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listen strawberry bubblegum is crack

like i slow stroked the ugliest chic in my hood this am to that sh*t no looking back

even ate that cat after the 3rd time it replayed itself
 5 years ago '05        #471
Juelz23 
space
space
$1,189 | Props total: 380 380
...it was such a mellow mellow mellow day...
 5 years ago '12        #472
King Jaffe Joe 23 heat pts23
space
space
$8,088 | Props total: 4761 4761
someone called timbos beats on here "lazy"
 5 years ago '12        #473
TheThreadLord 1776 heat pts1776
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 3097 3097
 Fly or Die said:
justin isnt on the level of frank ocean

justin songs have good production and melodies but frank ocean has the entire package. frank ocean music has the lyricism and depth that justins music is lacking
 Fresh Whyte said:

..How Does One Artist Have The Entire Package and It Took A "Emotional" Letter To Get People To Notice His Work Fully.

The Entire Package Includes Everything.....So When Is Frank Going Cross Over Into The Clubs? The Hits? I Mean He Is The Package As You Said. He Dropped A Sad Emotional Album That You Attach To But Whats Next In The Chapter of Mr. Ocean Since The Emotional Card Is Played. He Can Write, I'll Give Him That But Whats Next? You Can't Drag Out The "Im Hurt, Im Different Cause Im Gay, Im Confused But I Love Life" Gimmick.

But Hey....Thats "The Entire Package" To Some of You.
 5 years ago '04        #474
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
I can't disagree with this. BUT the fact still remains, that it ALWAYS seems like you're the guy with more negative things to say regarding albums/rappers. You're explanation makes sense, but it still seems like you approach music listening with a hard a.ss, critical mindstate, instead of just enjoying the sh*t. I don't buy the "high standards" jazz either, cause I too have relatively high standards for what I expect out of certain artists, but you don't see me in every thread making sure everyone knows that I did my damnedest to knit pick.
Well I really can't change that because out of all honesty it's my genuine immediate organic opinion, I honestly dont put effort or thought into figuring out my initial impression of something. It's just "feel" , If I like it then like it, If I dont , I dont, I only put effort into finding out WHY I dont like it and then articulating it into words.

So I can honestly say I dont put any conscious effort into what you would call being "critical" , it's all my organic reaction/impression. If I had to break it down I would say 50% of songs I know I like from the first 5 to 30 seconds of listening to them. 25% take a full listen or two and the last 25% can grow on me after time or multiple listens.

I loved Mirrors from the first 30 seconds, Pusher Love after a full listen. So it's not like I'm sitting down and over analyzing these song to figure out if I like them or not. Like I said both are probably my two favorite songs in a long time and I've probably listened to both about 20 times each by now.

At the end of the day I'm not trying to convince YOU to feel the way I feel because I know everyone has different tastes. I can watch someone listen to a soulja boy or Kreayshawn track 50 times over and think it's straight fire. I'll give my honest opinion on it but I'm not gonna k!ll myself if he doesn't agree. To that kid I know I would probably come off as nit picky,critical, or harsh and he would also probably " JUST ENJOY IT". So I understand why I would come off the same way to others when I say I'm not totally crazy over something.

So I get why people would say " Oh you're too over critical of it " but honestly I dont "think" about it , I just "feel" it and determine if I like it or not, then after I " think" why I do or don't. So if' it's my honest opinion and I'm in the minority and hated for it , so be it, I'll take the criticism because otherwise I would have to "pretend" to like it.
 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM         #475
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im high as fu*k blastin this...if u aint listenin to music high, then ur listening all wrong...especially this album.
 5 years ago '11        #476
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320
 nameless1 said:
someone called timbos beats on here "lazy"
 5 years ago '06        #477
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2270 2270
Havent heard the whole album yet but Tunnel Vision and Mirrors are classic Timbo and JT.
 5 years ago '04        #478
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
Respect. "Organically" negative, but I dig the honesty...lol
Just wait til I find some shyt you dont like or dont care for ballergenetics, you aint gonna hear the end of it. lol

5 years ago '04        #479
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
 TheMindOf said:

[pic - click to view]

Somebody gon get pregnant tonight
 5 years ago '04        #480
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
on another note,Let The Groove In is prolly the worst track on the album,sh*t is a compleeeeete filler track,sounds like he just came up wit a chorus and thats it,prolly the only other track besides Suit & Tie that i could careless about..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
61 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy