Mar 1 - McDonald's getting rid of items from menu

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
13831 page views
92 comments

phantomnation 2861 heat pts2861
space
space
$10,298 | Props total: 41670 41670
Mar 1 - McDonald's getting rid of items from menu

[pic - click to view]

NEW YORK (AP) -- McDonald's is getting rid of its Chicken Selects and Fruit & Walnut Salad and is considering the removal of Angus burgers.

The changeup comes as the world's biggest hamburger chain plans to step up the number of limited-time menu items in the year ahead.

Most recently, the chain introduced its Fish McBites. It plans to introduce McWrap chicken sandwiches with lettuce, tomato and cucumber and a choice of three sauces later this year. The McWrap sandwiches will be larger than the chain's Snack Wraps.

The Oak Brook, Ill.-based company said in an emailed statement that it is "evaluating options as it relates to the Angus Third Pounders," which were introduced in 2009. The Selects chicken fingers were introduced in 2004 and the Fruit & Walnut Salad was introduced in 2005.

Earlier this week, the Kentucky New Era quoted a McDonald's franchisee's Facebook post noting the discontinuation of the three items.

"Sorry if one of these were your favorite, they just did not sell well enough nationally," the site quoted McEnaney Enterprises as saying. That post has since been removed.

After years of outperforming rivals, McDonald's has been struggling as competitors including Burger King and Wendy's step up their marketing and menu offerings. Fast-food chains are also f!ghting to attract customers at a time when people are being more careful about where they spend their money.

In a shakeup late last year, McDonald's ousted the head of its U.S. business. The move came after a key sales figure dropped for the first time in nearly a decade. CEO Don Thompson, who took the top spot this summer, has said the company has a strong pipeline of new items for 2013.

In the meantime, some McDonald's operators may welcome the company's plans to stop serving some items.

"The menu at McDonald's has gotten so broad and so jumbled that nothing sells in large numbers," said Richard Adams, a former McDonald's franchisee who now consults for franchisees. "This business was built on simplicity, and that's kind of gone out of the window in the last decade."

[pic - click to view]

McDonald's getting rid of items from menu - Yahoo! News
+2   

92 comments for "Mar 1 - McDonald's getting rid of items from menu"

6 years ago '12        #2
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 778 778
thank god, chicken selects had nothing on nuggets, fruit and walnut salad is too expensive for what it is and angus burgers from mcdonalds? yuck. they need do what wendys did. get rid of the big mac or atleast just the beef they use which looks disgusting and tastes like paper and use real beef.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

If the big macs meat actually looked this size and not the small paper size you get when u buy it i would consider it a real burger but to even flaunt itself as a real burger is a joke.

Also when are fast food joints gonna figure out people like their food HOT not luke warm.

6 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 493 heat pts493
space
space
$38,265 | Props total: 22603 22603
Also when are fast food joints gonna figure out people like their food HOT not luke warm.
when it stops people from still eating them anyways

6 years ago '10        #4
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,403 | Props total: 8730 8730
That McWrap sounds like a godsend

Crispy chicken McWrap w/ Mac sauce >>>>>>>

6 years ago '04        #5
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,431 | Props total: 19 19
Get rid of McDonald's period...

6 years ago '05        #6
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$14,005 | Props total: 3046 3046
I just don't understand the removal of chicken selects, when they use the same chicken for their snack wraps.

6 years ago '09        #7
messy marv stan 4935 heat pts4935
space
space
$66,673 | Props total: 102279 102279
the beef and other meat they use in the food is "reconstituted meat product technology" or whatever they call it...basically its just a bunch of fake chemicals packaged up to make it taste like whatever its supposed to be

6 years ago '04        #8
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,989 | Props total: 2376 2376
 knowughetto said
Get rid of McDonald's period...

Next month will mark my 7 year anniversary since I broke up with Mcsh*ttles. That stuff they serve might be defined as food, but I wouldn't feed it to starving stray dogs.

6 years ago '04        #9
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,431 | Props total: 19 19
 matelyan said

Next month will mark my 7 year anniversary since I broke up with Mcsh*ttles. That stuff they serve might be defined as food, but I wouldn't feed it to starving stray dogs.

Good sh*t..best to stay away from that trash..Last time I ate at McDonalds was when I used to work there....and that was a loooooong time ago. I'm not eating that garbage, and when I have kids I will not be buying them that garbage either..

6 years ago '07        #10
Ham Rove 3531 heat pts3531
space
space
$57,300 | Props total: 29867 29867
i eat mcdonalds breakfast from time to time. usually after a night of drinking lol.

6 years ago '08        #11
Eagles All Day 98 heat pts98
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 15833 15833
 matelyan said

Somebody hand this man a cookie

fu*k outta here

BIG MACS UNTIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fu*k them angus burgers though, only get them when i got a coupon....never tried chicken selects and don't care too....and people actually get salads from mcdonalds?

6 years ago '04        #12
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Eagles All Day said
Somebody hand this man a cookie

fu*k outta here

BIG MACS UNTIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fu*k them angus burgers though, only get them when i got a coupon....never tried chicken selects and don't care too....and people actually get salads from mcdonalds?
To each his own my man. If someone likes their Mc Dís, then I say more power to you. I donít eat fast food at all. So Iím not dissing just McDonalds. Every other drive thru has been avoided as well since 2006.

I grew up on Big Macs and Fries, KFC, Wendy's, In-N-Out and Panda. But now that Iím on my own and grown, nothing compares to a fresh, homemade healthy meal.

6 years ago '05        #13
kriskross00 120 heat pts120
space
space
$20,782 | Props total: 28446 28446
yooo they need to make a Morning Mac!

6 years ago '08        #14
Eagles All Day 98 heat pts98
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 15833 15833
 matelyan said
To each his own my man. If someone likes their Mc Dís, then I say more power to you. I donít eat fast food at all. So Iím not dissing just McDonalds. Every other drive thru has been avoided as well since 2006.

I grew up on Big Macs and Fries, KFC, Wendy's, In-N-Out and Panda. But now that Iím on my own and grown, nothing compares to a fresh, homemade healthy meal.
I was just fu*kin wit u

Moderation is the key

6 years ago '04        #15
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Eagles All Day said
I was just fu*kin wit u

Moderation is the key
And that was one of my problems. I would go BIG everytime I ate there. Super size the fries and soda. Grub down on a burger and snack on an apple pie and a McFlurry for dessert.

And don't get me started on the Taco Bell rampages I used to go through.

I will admit that I do miss their fries and McFlurry

6 years ago '04        #16
J.BEEZY 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,844 | Props total: 3875 3875
 minimafiaaj said
i eat mcdonalds breakfast from time to time. usually after a night of drinking lol.
This, but I haven't had it in a long time, u feel even worse after too

6 years ago '10        #17
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,403 | Props total: 8730 8730
 J.BEEZY said
Nah fam that McGriddle after a long night drinking is like the angel Gabriel in sandwich form

6 years ago '07        #18
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 60 60
 minimafiaaj said
Ish be hittin after a night of drinking.

6 years ago '13        #19
djbern 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$334 | Props total: 206 206
fast food is poison

6 years ago '07        #20
HeckDaMonsta 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,737 | Props total: 3934 3934
Y'all really don't like thos angus burgers?? I think they're good for a fast food burger especially that bacon one. all my friends are cheap and just get the mcdoubles or mcchickens

03-02-2013, 12:49 AM         #21
thelittleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chicken selects were all I used to get. I don't really fu*k with McDs often. Sometimes a grilled chicken salad or a hashbrown. Tryin to cut a lot of that out of my diet.

6 years ago '07        #22
space
space
 J.BEEZY said
idk if there is any science to back up my claim, but if i feel hungover, i feel like greasy food always makes me feel better lol. greasiest thing ever is that mcdonalds steak bagel with cheese and egg

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #23
space
space
 HeckDaMonsta said
Y'all really don't like thos angus burgers?? I think they're good for a fast food burger especially that bacon one. all my friends are cheap and just get the mcdoubles or mcchickens
I tried those once, i was high and it was late, it was alright but pricey as fu*k. And for that price In the midwest, we got culvers and that sh*t>>>> so bad for you tho, im fairly certain they soak their beef in butter or some sh*t.

6 years ago '11        #24
KING JAYY 546 heat pts546
space
space
$54,439 | Props total: 24972 24972
 HeckDaMonsta said
cheap?

it's fast food

6 years ago '11        #25
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,970 | Props total: 1177 1177
 matelyan said

Ive been off micky deez for about a year now... I from the south but live in cali now... and i really miss going to mickey and getting that large sweet tea for a dollar. Now i gotta go into stores and cop gold peak if i want a sweat t... Gold peak is a lot better... But that 99 cent large is just >>>>> I miss it yall but i shall last

fu*k MCDONALDS

Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  59
Video inside Dude Explains How He Stayed With His Unfaithful Woman Only For Her To C..
152 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+72online now  51
Image(s) inside Vegan or are you still eating meat?
32 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+45online now  43
Gawd Damn!! 🤯🤯😵👉👉🍑🍗..
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-38online now  19
So.. Tyler The Creator is Jaden Smith's Boyfriend
167 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Nov 11 - Why Scientists Were Freaking Out Abt 'Object frm Afar' that ..
39 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+51online now  11
Video inside R Kelly doing R Kelly things again
121 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Nov 10 - Black Repub woman warns Trump he better not get into it w/ Mi..
23 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  7
BOX Nicole "hoopz" alexander vs natalie d | full video of celebrity boxing ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy