Mar 1 - McDonald's getting rid of items from menu

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That Heís Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Zís Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
13230 pageviews
92 comments

phantomnation 2095 heat pts2095
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 18869 18869
Mar 1 - McDonald's getting rid of items from menu

[pic - click to view]

NEW YORK (AP) -- McDonald's is getting rid of its Chicken Selects and Fruit & Walnut Salad and is considering the removal of Angus burgers.

The changeup comes as the world's biggest hamburger chain plans to step up the number of limited-time menu items in the year ahead.

Most recently, the chain introduced its Fish McBites. It plans to introduce McWrap chicken sandwiches with lettuce, tomato and cucumber and a choice of three sauces later this year. The McWrap sandwiches will be larger than the chain's Snack Wraps.

The Oak Brook, Ill.-based company said in an emailed statement that it is "evaluating options as it relates to the Angus Third Pounders," which were introduced in 2009. The Selects chicken fingers were introduced in 2004 and the Fruit & Walnut Salad was introduced in 2005.

Earlier this week, the Kentucky New Era quoted a McDonald's franchisee's Facebook post noting the discontinuation of the three items.

"Sorry if one of these were your favorite, they just did not sell well enough nationally," the site quoted McEnaney Enterprises as saying. That post has since been removed.

After years of outperforming rivals, McDonald's has been struggling as competitors including Burger King and Wendy's step up their marketing and menu offerings. Fast-food chains are also f!ghting to attract customers at a time when people are being more careful about where they spend their money.

In a shakeup late last year, McDonald's ousted the head of its U.S. business. The move came after a key sales figure dropped for the first time in nearly a decade. CEO Don Thompson, who took the top spot this summer, has said the company has a strong pipeline of new items for 2013.

In the meantime, some McDonald's operators may welcome the company's plans to stop serving some items.

"The menu at McDonald's has gotten so broad and so jumbled that nothing sells in large numbers," said Richard Adams, a former McDonald's franchisee who now consults for franchisees. "This business was built on simplicity, and that's kind of gone out of the window in the last decade."

[pic - click to view]

McDonald's getting rid of items from menu - Yahoo! News

92 comments for "Mar 1 - McDonald's getting rid of items from menu"

5 years ago '12        #2
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
thank god, chicken selects had nothing on nuggets, fruit and walnut salad is too expensive for what it is and angus burgers from mcdonalds? yuck. they need do what wendys did. get rid of the big mac or atleast just the beef they use which looks disgusting and tastes like paper and use real beef.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

If the big macs meat actually looked this size and not the small paper size you get when u buy it i would consider it a real burger but to even flaunt itself as a real burger is a joke.

Also when are fast food joints gonna figure out people like their food HOT not luke warm.
 5 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,452 | Props total: 16228 16228
Also when are fast food joints gonna figure out people like their food HOT not luke warm.
when it stops people from still eating them anyways
 5 years ago '10        #4
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
That McWrap sounds like a godsend

Crispy chicken McWrap w/ Mac sauce >>>>>>>
 5 years ago '04        #5
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
Get rid of McDonald's period...
 5 years ago '05        #6
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 2725 2725
I just don't understand the removal of chicken selects, when they use the same chicken for their snack wraps.
 5 years ago '09        #7
messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536
space
space
$54,101 | Props total: 67595 67595
the beef and other meat they use in the food is "reconstituted meat product technology" or whatever they call it...basically its just a bunch of fake chemicals packaged up to make it taste like whatever its supposed to be
 5 years ago '04        #8
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
 knowughetto said:
Get rid of McDonald's period...

Next month will mark my 7 year anniversary since I broke up with Mcsh*ttles. That stuff they serve might be defined as food, but I wouldn't feed it to starving stray dogs.
 5 years ago '04        #9
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 matelyan said:

Next month will mark my 7 year anniversary since I broke up with Mcsh*ttles. That stuff they serve might be defined as food, but I wouldn't feed it to starving stray dogs.

Good sh*t..best to stay away from that trash..Last time I ate at McDonalds was when I used to work there....and that was a loooooong time ago. I'm not eating that garbage, and when I have kids I will not be buying them that garbage either..
 5 years ago '07        #10
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,242 | Props total: 20044 20044
i eat mcdonalds breakfast from time to time. usually after a night of drinking lol.
 5 years ago '08        #11
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,881 | Props total: 12577 12577
 matelyan said:

Somebody hand this man a cookie

fu*k outta here

BIG MACS UNTIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fu*k them angus burgers though, only get them when i got a coupon....never tried chicken selects and don't care too....and people actually get salads from mcdonalds?
 5 years ago '04        #12
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Eagles All Day said:
Somebody hand this man a cookie

fu*k outta here

BIG MACS UNTIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fu*k them angus burgers though, only get them when i got a coupon....never tried chicken selects and don't care too....and people actually get salads from mcdonalds?
To each his own my man. If someone likes their Mc Dís, then I say more power to you. I donít eat fast food at all. So Iím not dissing just McDonalds. Every other drive thru has been avoided as well since 2006.

I grew up on Big Macs and Fries, KFC, Wendy's, In-N-Out and Panda. But now that Iím on my own and grown, nothing compares to a fresh, homemade healthy meal.
 5 years ago '05        #13
kriskross00 103 heat pts103
space
space
$18,485 | Props total: 15686 15686
yooo they need to make a Morning Mac!
 5 years ago '08        #14
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,881 | Props total: 12577 12577
 matelyan said:
To each his own my man. If someone likes their Mc Dís, then I say more power to you. I donít eat fast food at all. So Iím not dissing just McDonalds. Every other drive thru has been avoided as well since 2006.

I grew up on Big Macs and Fries, KFC, Wendy's, In-N-Out and Panda. But now that Iím on my own and grown, nothing compares to a fresh, homemade healthy meal.
I was just fu*kin wit u

Moderation is the key
 5 years ago '04        #15
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Eagles All Day said:
I was just fu*kin wit u

Moderation is the key
And that was one of my problems. I would go BIG everytime I ate there. Super size the fries and soda. Grub down on a burger and snack on an apple pie and a McFlurry for dessert.

And don't get me started on the Taco Bell rampages I used to go through.

I will admit that I do miss their fries and McFlurry
 5 years ago '04        #16
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
 minimafiaaj said:
i eat mcdonalds breakfast from time to time. usually after a night of drinking lol.
This, but I haven't had it in a long time, u feel even worse after too
 5 years ago '10        #17
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 J.BEEZY said:
This, but I haven't had it in a long time, u feel even worse after too
Nah fam that McGriddle after a long night drinking is like the angel Gabriel in sandwich form
 5 years ago '07        #18
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
 minimafiaaj said:
Ish be hittin after a night of drinking.
 5 years ago '13        #19
djbern 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$313 | Props total: 173 173
fast food is poison
 5 years ago '07        #20
HeckDaMonsta 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,372 | Props total: 2825 2825
Y'all really don't like thos angus burgers?? I think they're good for a fast food burger especially that bacon one. all my friends are cheap and just get the mcdoubles or mcchickens
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
93 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in Ďgrisly maulingí
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy