Jay-Z Releases Statement Following Concert, Says There Is No "Black Music Or White Music"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,010 | Props total: 11810 11810
young
 03-02-2013, 08:33 AM         #102
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This dude's money has him living in a dream world. No such thing as Black & White music? So I guess Country music is universal? death Metal?

Don't confuse the fact that everything Black people popularize becomes a staple in our popular culture. That doesn't mean White people still don't consider Hip Hop and R&B Black music. This is such a naive and misguided POV by Jay.
 5 years ago '05        #103
Dope Man 730 3 heat pts
space
space
$688 | Props total: 73 73
uncle murda and taylor swift

03-02-2013, 08:46 AM         #104
bbrossy313  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 datVAkid said:
yaw do know when you grow mentally, you change as a person. so what you might believe today is not what you might believe tomorrow. he came from marcy to world tours and chill in with billionaires... his views are going to change

beestie boys
yelawolf
eminem
mac miller
alchemist
mgk

white people rap, we just choose not to listen
Atmosphere n Mr slow Flow Evidence
 5 years ago '06        #105
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
not to mention in his song "my 1st song" he said his friend was the "head of black music"..
 5 years ago '06        #106
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,460 | Props total: 2648 2648
 majestic75 said:
Trap Music isn't hip-hop. Neither is that Chief Keef Lil Reese's Pieces coonery. It's a totally different genre, a subgenre at best. The only similarities between hip-hop and Trap/Drill/Crunk and whatever other trash young dudes listen to now is that occasionally someone will say something that rhymes and that it's popular in black neighborhoods.

It's like saying Gospel and R&B are the same. Apples and oranges.
n*gga be quiet because you dont know what you are talking about... Hip Hop was a culture that was commercialized, rap music came from that culture... hip hop is more then just rap music and trap music and all that sh*t came from rap... they all are subgenres of rap... just because you dont like it or don't listen to it doesnt mean you can pick what it is... just by you saying something foolish like means you dont understand hip hop... and gospel can be R&B, yolanda adams is R&B gospel, how there is also Gospel Rap... Gospel just means it talk about Jesus.
 5 years ago '04        #107
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,608 | Props total: 4058 4058
Im so bored with racism.
 5 years ago '06        #108
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2329 2329
Reason no# 2,984,748,839 why this CULTURE is dying. Every significant cultural contribution created by Black Americans has and will continue to be co-opted by White America, minus Gospel. Black Americans have pushed music & the culture around music further than any other group of people on the planet. Especially popular music. Rock N Roll, Soul/RnB/Blues, Hip Hop, Disco/House/Club, all created by poor Black Americans.(shout to our island bredren for Reggae/Island music) And subsequently adopted by White Americans & spread around the world. It's a shame that the want for popularity and money makes so many Black artists so readily dismiss the culture. We create it, but let others own it. The story remains the same.
 5 years ago '05        #109
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 justinjones said:
people act like the beastie boys never existed

now having a white trap rapper would be...interesting to say the least.
why?...there aren't white boys living the trap life flipping meth and cooking meth in labs? hows that any different than black people cooking rocks in a trap house... Meth is fu*king up white families waaaaaay worse than crack this meth epidemic we living in right now is some unprecedented sh*t
 5 years ago '10        #110
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
Anyone who does that first page sh*t is a certified idiot.
 03-02-2013, 10:09 AM         #111
itsnicyo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krypton said:
Whites are the true minorities you cracker since you only account for 12% of the world population.

As I said:

R.A.P. Music = Rebellious African People's Music.

R.A.P. Music was created to help the struggling black man living in dire poverty after the Vietnam war, not to appease crackers live yourself. So if you have a problem with that then make your own genre of music and stop fu*king with our the integrity of OUR music.
You do realize the term "cracker" is derived from slavery, as in the white man cracking the whip on slaves. Think about that you try to use that as an insult. Now, I'm going to use an example that I don't necessarily agree with but... - You saying white people have no place in hip hop is about as ignorant as a white man saying Obama has no place in office. Think about it.

Now, I'm going to shed some light on something.. you but your narrow, close minded ignorance may not let you see it as I do. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF AMERICA? UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. People came here to UNITE AS ONE and not to be told what they CAN and CANT DO.

And as for your 12% white population statement... what'd you google that? You're taking things out of context here.. we aren't speaking anything on world population. We are talking about MUSIC IN AMERICA. (Can't find a good way to phrase this) But whites are not a minority in America.
 5 years ago '10        #112
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21129 21129
 hustlehard365 said:
why?...there aren't white boys living the trap life flipping meth and cooking meth in labs? hows that any different than black people cooking rocks in a trap house... Meth is fu*king up white families waaaaaay worse than crack this meth epidemic we living in right now is some unprecedented sh*t

If somebody says well trap music/life is basically a definition of being trapped in the hood, you could flip it and say well aren't some hispanics & white people trapped in the hood?

They say no and then they're pretty much a dumbass

But yea this is kind of a tricky subject to me because while I strongly believe in unity (I'm probably one of the very few who think we are extreme towards white people on here) I still would like to hear someone that talks about some black issues.

Doesn't have to be all 300 problems but just touch on it a little bit. Which is why when WTT came out I had high regard for it.
 03-02-2013, 10:14 AM         #113
itsnicyo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeznutz said:
90's hip hop = white music

Current day hip hop = black music

I hope you arent serious..
 5 years ago '05        #114
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
 Amen7 said:
2pac will always be >>> than this fellow or any other east coast artist. I dont hear nobody down south listenin to no Jayz.Which is proof he didnt have an impact on hiphop outside of east coast just like Nas. He's another overrated artist,but he doesnt suck though. If he wouldve never married Beyonce and been all over the media for it,his career wouldve been over. His only fanbase is on the east coast. Just like Biggies was. Its amazing how people try to put fake legend status's on these guys when their only fanbase is in their region. None of the fellas had the impact on the game that pac did. Pac had fans from all regions and countries.
Pac fu*king sucked and wasnt about sh*t until he died...........

He is at BEST a Top 20 All Time MC
 5 years ago '07        #115
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1115 1115
 Krypton said:
R.A.P. Music = Rebellious African People's Music. It's always been OUR music, but Jay won't admit this because he's afraid to lose his white fan-base.
no.. you sir are wrong
 5 years ago '11        #116
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
wrong

eminem makes white music

jay makes black music

5 years ago '04        #117
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 Krypton said:
R.A.P. Music = Rebellious African People's Music. It's always been OUR music, but Jay won't admit this because he's afraid to lose his white fan-base.
Not true....the culture is for everyone....
 5 years ago '04        #118
wh¡teboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,375 | Props total: 15 15
 psylence2k said:
I understand what you're saying but the analogy you used is kinda bad since someone could still justify calling something "Indian" music because it's performed in a different language.

You would have to make up a separate argument for Black/White Music since American Pop and Rap Music is both performed in English for the most part.
i would have to agree with that
 5 years ago '05        #119
JuiceDigaho 
space
space
$982 | Props total: 221 221
 Amen7 said:
2pac will always be >>> than this fellow or any other east coast artist. I dont hear nobody down south listenin to no Jayz.Which is proof he didnt have an impact on hiphop outside of east coast just like Nas. He's another overrated artist,but he doesnt suck though. If he wouldve never married Beyonce and been all over the media for it,his career wouldve been over. His only fanbase is on the east coast. Just like Biggies was. Its amazing how people try to put fake legend status's on these guys when their only fanbase is in their region. None of the fellas had the impact on the game that pac did. Pac had fans from all regions and countries.
West cost lifelong Jay-Z fan checking in
 5 years ago '05        #120
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 Krypton said:
why don't you honkeys just fu*k off and create your own genre?
What you gonna call yourself with your next account?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy