Jay-Z Releases Statement Following Concert, Says There Is No "Black Music Or White Music"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 dman 4901 said:
watch the throne =

what jay said goes against everything the fans were defending about WTT
this article was done in 2009, so you and the rest of the fukkboys lost
 5 years ago '10        #42
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,444 | Props total: 6 6
 Krypton said:
Whites are the true minorities you cracker since you only account for 12% of the world population.

As I said:

R.A.P. Music = Rebellious African People's Music.

R.A.P. Music was created to help the struggling black man living in dire poverty after the Vietnam war, not to appease crackers live yourself. So if you have a problem with that then make your own genre of music and stop fu*king with our the integrity of OUR music.

[pic - click to view]

You're one sad excuse for a human being

Last edited by BiZz; 03-01-2013 at 02:11 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #43
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
 Dos-effect said:
I agree, the music knows no boundries, but its a given that your average white hip hop listener flocks more to popular mainstream hiphop as opposed to the deep rooted underground culture of it.......and vice versa the average mainstream rock listener who is black may like just that mainstream artist, but wont go deep into the genre...because they already know it wont appeal to them........
True and false, I've met a lot of white dudes that know more about underground Hip Hop than a lot of my friends. White kids are big part of the reason why labels like Def Jux, Stones Throw, etc can still exist.
 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM         #44
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Not sure about this comment....... I mean there is clearly a difference between white and black music, and does he not know there are more types of music other than white and black. Honestly "white" music has been stealing black work since the jazz era.

This is kinda fitting...psa.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by s7venwords; 03-01-2013 at 02:31 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #45
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,805 | Props total: 12458 12458
f*ggot op posted an article from 2009

k!ll yourself
 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM         #46
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eagles All Day said:
f*ggot op posted an article from 2009

k!ll yourself
Rap Radar received an exclusive statement from Jay-Z following a performance at the University of Arizona that took place on Wednesday.
 5 years ago '07        #47
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
I think hood white ppl understand the culture more since it came from the hood and was used to express just that no matter the race. All these ppl making stupid or corny music whether they be white, black, asian, from the hood, suburbs, etc. can go somewhere. I see outside ppl speak on hiphop all the time trying to bash it entirely and when I ask them what hiphop they know, they say whatever meaningless song is on the radio. They don't even have the patience to look for the depth.
 03-01-2013, 02:41 PM         #48
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k outta here wit dat fu*k sh*t jay

the biggest sell out in hip hop history would say some sh*t like that

ALL american music is black music

white people just appropriate it and water it down till its dog sh*t, and acceptable house n*ggas like jay help

Poor Black man rap MUSIC
 5 years ago '08        #49
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,805 | Props total: 12458 12458
 s7venwords said:
UPDATE: HipHopDX has learned that the statement was made in 2009 and apologizes for any confusion.

Learn to read
 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM         #50
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
I think hood white ppl understand the culture more since it came from the hood and was used to express just that no matter the race. All these ppl making stupid or corny music whether they be white, black, asian, from the hood, suburbs, etc. can go somewhere. I see outside ppl speak on hiphop all the time trying to bash it entirely and when I ask them what hiphop they know, they say whatever meaningless song is on the radio. They don't even have the patience to look for the depth.
 5 years ago '10        #51
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,444 | Props total: 6 6
Jimi Hendrix is black rock, The Beatles are white rock, Em is white rap, Jay is black rap, This bathroom is a black bathroom, This one is white, This is a black school, This is a white school, This is black people food, This is white people food..... You motherfu*kers realize we have to live together on this planet for a long time right? Get the fu*k over it.

You mine as well just not come outside.

Last edited by BiZz; 03-01-2013 at 02:47 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #52
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20863 20863
 clipse_designz said:
"I don't do black music, I don't do white music, I do everyday life music"

- kendrick the goat got it before jay
You mean Eminem one of the goats got it before both:

"I don't do black music, I don't do white music
I make f!ght music, for high school kids"

But that statement is interesting. It came out in 2009 so maybe his views changed from that time period to when WTT dropped. I dunno

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 03-01-2013 at 02:51 PM..
 03-01-2013, 02:52 PM         #53
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
You mean Eminem one of the goats got it before both:

"I don't do black music, I don't do white music
I make f!ght music, for high school kids"

But that statement is interesting. It came out in 2009 so maybe his views changed from that time period to when WTT dropped. I dunno
Haha, was gonna post that Em sh*t but forgot.
 5 years ago '04        #54
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414

the same haters in every thread ( especially dumb a.ss cole)

waiting for this man to slip up

its ridiculous

they'll take anything and run with it
 5 years ago '04        #55
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
Now I disagree with that statement. unless youre from a certain area and you were raised on that kind of music. there is a difference between black, white. latino, asian, etc etc, music

whats crazy is they're comparing what he was talking about on WTT, which was the black struggle coming from nothing to being the successful african americans, and speaking on the luxuries that comes with that hard work and success to saying music has no color boundaries.

why must u haters twist the story?
 03-01-2013, 05:36 PM         #56
TheUzualSuSpect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Amen7 said:
2pac will always be >>> than this fellow or any other east coast artist. I dont hear nobody down south listenin to no Jayz.Which is proof he didnt have an impact on hiphop outside of east coast just like Nas. He's another overrated artist,but he doesnt suck though. If he wouldve never married Beyonce and been all over the media for it,his career wouldve been over. His only fanbase is on the east coast. Just like Biggies was. Its amazing how people try to put fake legend status's on these guys when their only fanbase is in their region. None of the fellas had the impact on the game that pac did. Pac had fans from all regions and countries.
hollup hollup hollup yo....... wtf yall nigguhs rlly just gonna act like this didnt get posted? this by far the fvckin dumbest shyt ive read all week like im rlly laughing rn at how stupid this post is theres not one sentence in this dumb shyt thats even close to accurate (maybe the beyonce part not rlly tho) plz tell me ur not serious bro how the fvck has no1 shyt on this fvckin dumbass yet
im not even a fan of jay like that but yoo im in disbelief at the amount of rachet a.ss dumb shyt u can say in one fvckin post

Last edited by TheUzualSuSpect; 03-01-2013 at 05:43 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #57
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,584 | Props total: 1051 1051
theres only f!ght music for highschool kids, i put lives at risk.....
 03-01-2013, 06:07 PM         #58
Kreemy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
white music >>> black music
 5 years ago '08        #59
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
So Kelly Clarkson is good music?

stop it Jay
 5 years ago '13        #60
puffmypiff2k9 71 heat pts71
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 30 30
You know what's crazy. I heard that rap started from this game that was called the dozens. The dozens is a game that people would diss eachother and make it rhyme.

You can see it in this episode from the 70's, right before or around the time hip-hop was starting.

[video - click to view]

Now i learned that hip-hop music started because people from lower income communities was deprived of being musical. Meaning they took music out of the schools. While the schools in the higher income communities had access to learn about music, and how to play different instruments. They had cut that out of the schools in the lower income communities. So now the people from those communities are left without the opportunity to learn about music, how to play instruments, etc.

Out of nothing these people were able to create something. With No Instruments these people made music.

Now today you have what i will say the most influential music artform. You can hear some hip-hop in all of the music that comes out today.

It has traveled all over the world, and you have hip-hop in almost every country. It's in the Caribbean, places like puerto rico, dominican republic, cuba, jamaica, and all these little islands. Because people can relate to having nothing, being deprived of the same things the creators of hip-hop were. It's in Latin America, in Asia, everywhere.

Hip-Hop is Global and something that everyone contributes to.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy