Jay-Z Releases Statement Following Concert, Says There Is No "Black Music Or White Music"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
73 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Adewale 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,422 | Props total: 1379 1379
I think there is music that people of certain cultural backgrounds naturally draw to, but if you're an open minded human being there is no such thing as black music or white music

Just like to a person who is really into food, they dont see black people food or white people food. They just see good food and bad food

I think he was speaking from a prospective of people who are really into music vs people who care about making separations to identify themselves with and exclude others from their reality. Which is honestly most people

So I truly understand most people's responses, but music is not racial it just genres period

I will say this tho, I am noticing White America's hostile take over of Hip-hop with this Macklemore & Ryan Lewis bullsh*t. That's that sh*t I dont like, they're not paying any type of respect to our culture and it's orgins. Stop that sh*t
 5 years ago '13        #22
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38467 38467
 Dos-effect said:
I think he means there is no difference between white fans and black fans, its all green for him, as far as music itsself.......that its pretty evident his sediments are incorrect............

he talked about "music" and not fans

there is such thing as black music (african american) same way there is white american music, white british music, black african, black jamaican music (reggae) and so on

Jayz is far removed from the roots of his culture and being overly politically correct.

Yes both white and black cultured music can share one stage, but their differences still exist, the differences are what makes the music special.

Nobody is saying a white rapper cant be a GOAT, or white people are outsiders, rap music is one small "branch" in a huge tree of the african american experience.

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 03-01-2013 at 12:31 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #23
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,264 | Props total: 9751 9751
 justinjones said:
people act like the beastie boys never existed

now having a white trap rapper would be...interesting to say the least.
Agreed. The Beastie Boys were the outlier though. 99.5% of rap wasn't necessarily made for everyone to hear. I'd say 75-80% of it is totally listenable for everyone. Trap music speaks to only a certain group though IMO. Even though my white friends love it.
 5 years ago '04        #24
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,377 | Props total: 8469 8469
You ain't have no muh'fu*kin seat on your, on your bicycle
Now you uhh, the head of black music
That's what I'm talkin bout right there homey - G, whattup G?
Yessir, e'rybody in the Roc - (Jay-z) My 1st Song
 5 years ago '07        #25
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,916 | Props total: 574 574
 Krypton said:
R.A.P. Music = Rebellious African People's Music. It's always been OUR music, but Jay won't admit this because he's afraid to lose his white fan-base.
 03-01-2013, 12:34 PM         #26
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It’s stupid cool to like things that are not like you
That comment had me
 5 years ago '06        #27
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,857 | Props total: 557 557
Fake hood dudes & wanna be BX gangsters will not like this...
 03-01-2013, 12:45 PM         #28
Mwana Ya Lola  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
White liberals and uncle toms will like this.
 5 years ago '09        #29
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 Javon23 said:
You ain't have no muh'fu*kin seat on your, on your bicycle
Now you uhh, the head of black music
That's what I'm talkin bout right there homey - G, whattup G?
Yessir, e'rybody in the Roc - (Jay-z) My 1st Song
 5 years ago '11        #30
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Stupid cool
 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM         #31
3rdcoasta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Amen7 said:
2pac will always be >>> than this fellow or any other east coast artist. I dont hear nobody down south listenin to no Jayz.Which is proof he didnt have an impact on hiphop outside of east coast just like Nas. He's another overrated artist,but he doesnt suck though. If he wouldve never married Beyonce and been all over the media for it,his career wouldve been over. His only fanbase is on the east coast. Just like Biggies was. Its amazing how people try to put fake legend status's on these guys when their only fanbase is in their region. None of the fellas had the impact on the game that pac did. Pac had fans from all regions and countries.
bro!

Texas been fu*kin wit Hova since 88...i know ugk, ro and trae, esg, lil flip, lil keke all put hova in their rhymes...

on topic, i agree with hova; ya gotta start thinking outside the box sooner or later.
 5 years ago '10        #32
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,444 | Props total: 6 6
 Adewale said:
I will say this tho, I am noticing White America's hostile take over of Hip-hop with this Macklemore & Ryan Lewis bullsh*t. That's that sh*t I dont like, they're not paying any type of respect to our culture and it's orgins. Stop that sh*t
If you actually took the time to listen to it he mentions basquiat multiple times. He also mentions being raised on wu tang. You just don't take the time to listen because you separate people by race.
 5 years ago '07        #33
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
"I don't do black music, I don't do white music, I do everyday life music"

- kendrick the goat got it before jay
 5 years ago '08        #34
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,893 | Props total: 12605 12605
HOV breaking down barriers one door at a time

Who else but hov?
 03-01-2013, 01:10 PM         #35
itsnicyo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krypton said:
R.A.P. Music = Rebellious African People's Music. It's always been OUR music, but Jay won't admit this because he's afraid to lose his white fan-base.
How fu*king ignorant is this statement? You're probably one that's always bi*ching about minorities being targeted too aren't you? The longer you try and seclude yourself the longer racism will still exist. But seeing people such as yourself just proves racism will never end.

Back to the subject

This is a very contradicting statement released by Jay. He is one of the rappers to I don't listen to anymore because I feel he preaches on black power too much. Hope this doesn't get taken out of context, but I have no personal relevance for such music.
 5 years ago '11        #36
Gamemusic 
space
space
$2,003 | Props total: 1198 1198
What he's saying is true, I can't lie there. I'm sitting here right now listening to A Perfect Circle and I'm a black man, but him of all people saying it? Dude is a hypocrite.
 5 years ago '09        #37
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 itsnicyo said:
How fu*king ignorant is this statement? You're probably one that's always bi*ching about minorities being targeted too aren't you? The longer you try and seclude yourself the longer racism will still exist. But seeing people such as yourself just proves racism will never end.

Back to the subject

This is a very contradicting statement released by Jay. He is one of the rappers to I don't listen to anymore because I feel he preaches on black power too much. Hope this doesn't get taken out of context, but I have no personal relevance for such music.

Your in denial white boy, just enjoy the music and move on
 5 years ago '11        #38
Gamemusic 
space
space
$2,003 | Props total: 1198 1198
 Matt504 said:
which song by them are you listening to?

[video - click to view]

03-01-2013, 01:25 PM         #39
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
he talked about "music" and not fans

there is such thing as black music (african american) same way there is white american music, white british music, black african, black jamaican music (reggae) and so on

Jayz is far removed from the roots of his culture and being overly politically correct.

Yes both white and black cultured music can share one stage, but their differences still exist, the differences are what makes the music special.

Nobody is saying a white rapper cant be a GOAT, or white people are outsiders, rap music is one small "branch" in a huge tree of the african american experience.
I agree, the music knows no boundries, but its a given that your average white hip hop listener flocks more to popular mainstream hiphop as opposed to the deep rooted underground culture of it.......and vice versa the average mainstream rock listener who is black may like just that mainstream artist, but wont go deep into the genre...because they already know it wont appeal to them........
 5 years ago '12        #40
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
watch the throne =

what jay said goes against everything the fans were defending about WTT
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy