(GSW) Klay Thompsonís dad is taking his allowance away for getting in a fight

most viewed right now
 226
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
195 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 187
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 104
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 79
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #61
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$39,260 | Props total: 13635 13635
$300 a week? and how y'all know dude a pothead?
 5 years ago '10        #62
GUNITZCAPO 
space
avatar space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
he may have been a problem child growing up...so this works for him...not like he only get 1000 for his checks...he getting prolly 1hunnid thou a month or so so he good.


real sh*t if had that dough rollin in id consult with my pops about my financials and how much i should spend a month or so
 5 years ago '05        #63
J 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$16,763 | Props total: 3214 3214
I'm not surprised that a good amount of you idiots have a problem with this. Miss me with that "grown man" sh*t.

Stop looking in the short term. Yeah, this might not be the best for him now, but in 5-10 years, he'll be thankful as fu*k that his parents did this.
 5 years ago '08        #64
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 J said:
I'm not surprised that a good amount of you idiots have a problem with this. Miss me with that "grown man" sh*t.

Stop looking in the short term. Yeah, this might not be the best for him now, but in 5-10 years, he'll be thankful as fu*k that his parents did this.
fu*k outta here. unless they're gonna do this forever, he's eventually gonna have to grow a pair and take responsibility. 5-10 years wont mean sh*t if he still doesn't know what's going on
 5 years ago '10        #65
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$21,111 | Props total: 1269 1269
damn collecting NBA checks and pops still putting money in ya pocket
 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM         #66
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SoulOnIce said:
fu*king pothead

Klay has been pissing me off with his terrible play
shutup you fu*kin f*ggot. u aint from the east bay bi*ch
 5 years ago '08        #67
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 Budala said:
So, if Mychal takes care of Klay’s finances, what does his week-by-week financial situation look like?
“Rent is $3K … Walking around money $300 a week…” Mychal explained. “That’s a lot of money to go to the movies and buy pizza…”

But what if Klay wanted to take a girl out on a nice date?
“Go to Langers in Oakland … Go to the grocery store and get a nice [bottle of wine] for $30…”

What about the corkage fee?
“Sit in the car and drink it.”




sh*t, if half these pro n*ggas had parents like his theyd be set for life no matter if their career lasted 3 years or 20. vick would be worth a quarter billion and be able to buy his own island without laws against pitbulls.


Last edited by arthurmack27; 03-01-2013 at 11:26 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #68
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 Dee Grande said:
fu*k outta here. unless they're gonna do this forever, he's eventually gonna have to grow a pair and take responsibility. 5-10 years wont mean sh*t if he still doesn't know what's going on
its usually the n*ggas that dont know sh*t that do the most talking. his daddy been around the block and knows wassup. kt could easily take over his own finances but he dont cus he knows hes in good hands. the smartest pro athletes are those who have financial advisers. his just so happened to be his daddy who been around the block a few times.

game yourself up lil n*gga!
 5 years ago '07        #69
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,951 | Props total: 1144 1144
 Dee Grande said:
this is wack. he's a grown man. i could see teaching him about finance and maybe keeping an eye on his accounts. but having his checks signed over to you and giving him an allowance is over the top. eventually he's gonna have to manage his own money (i hope?), and treating him like a little kid isn't teaching him anything
Couldn't of said it better
 5 years ago '05        #70
classicgstyle 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,029 | Props total: 7 7
that white n*gga got waves
 5 years ago '05        #71
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,887 | Props total: 104 104
23 years old, mommy and daddy control ur money.. fu*k that... if he was smart he'd know how to control it himself.
 5 years ago '05        #72
J 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$16,763 | Props total: 3214 3214
 Dee Grande said:
fu*k outta here. unless they're gonna do this forever, he's eventually gonna have to grow a pair and take responsibility. 5-10 years wont mean sh*t if he still doesn't know what's going on
You literally know nothing about the guy, so stop calling it stupid. For all we know, Klay is a fu*king idiot with his money, and his parents are looking out for him long term.
 5 years ago '05        #73
jbooda03 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$325 | Props total: 438 438
Yeah thats just a little over the top, maybe just some oversight of his accounts would be appropriate but whats stopping him from going out to the clubs 10-15 years from now screaming free bands!!! Just because his father is controlling his money doesn't mean he's learning how to save money and do the things that adults do... That man is doomed if he doesn't learn for himself...
 5 years ago '04        #74
babalou 
space
avatar space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 GucciBoy347 said:
$300 though



thas enough.
 5 years ago '09        #75
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,822 | Props total: 721 721
Pops is looking out for him I don't see the problem?
 5 years ago '12        #76
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,451 | Props total: 3006 3006
Having your paychecks signed over to your parents is definitely an unconventional move, but after watching ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary Broke, I don't know why other players don't consider it. Let's break down Klay Thompson's finances:

He signed a 3-year, $6.6 million contract when he came into the league in 2011.

His salary for this season is $2.2 million.

Most professional athletes only receive pay checks during the season. The NBA season is 6 months long, excluding the pre-season and post-season. So Thompson brings home about $366,000 a month during the season. Uncle Sam probably takes 40 percent of that, so that leaves him with a monthly take home pay of $220,000.

So as you can see, dude brings home more money in a month than the average American family brings home in a year. Hell, that's more than they bring home in four years.

If the typical pro athlete was smart, he would put his salary into an annuity and live off of annuity payments for the rest of his life. Using Klay Thompson's contract, that $6.6 million (after taxes) would equal 40 years of an annual pay out of $100,000. Who wouldn't be satisfied bringing home $100,000 a year? We would leave our current line of work immediately if another job came offering that type of money to us. However, that would require us to put in 60+ hours of work each week for 52 weeks a year and having to do it over the course of a 40-year career. The body wears down over time. Now, imagine only have to work for three years and getting that same pay out for the same 40 years?

That's why I'll never feel pity for any athlete who goes broke.
 5 years ago '11        #77
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
avatar space
space
$19,266 | Props total: 12522 12522
good money management but dude just make sure your pops ain't taken nothing off the top on them other checks i mean its your pops and you trust him but you might never know..but good money management
 03-02-2013, 11:36 AM         #78
QVD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
Having your paychecks signed over to your parents is definitely an unconventional move, but after watching ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary Broke, I don't know why other players don't consider it. Let's break down Klay Thompson's finances:

He signed a 3-year, $6.6 million contract when he came into the league in 2011.

His salary for this season is $2.2 million.

Most professional athletes only receive pay checks during the season. The NBA season is 6 months long, excluding the pre-season and post-season. So Thompson brings home about $366,000 a month during the season. Uncle Sam probably takes 40 percent of that, so that leaves him with a monthly take home pay of $220,000.

So as you can see, dude brings home more money in a month than the average American family brings home in a year. Hell, that's more than they bring home in four years.

If the typical pro athlete was smart, he would put his salary into an annuity and live off of annuity payments for the rest of his life. Using Klay Thompson's contract, that $6.6 million (after taxes) would equal 40 years of an annual pay out of $100,000. Who wouldn't be satisfied bringing home $100,000 a year? We would leave our current line of work immediately if another job came offering that type of money to us. However, that would require us to put in 60+ hours of work each week for 52 weeks a year and having to do it over the course of a 40-year career. The body wears down over time. Now, imagine only have to work for three years and getting that same pay out for the same 40 years?

That's why I'll never feel pity for any athlete who goes broke.
Good post.
 5 years ago '08        #79
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 J said:
You literally know nothing about the guy, so stop calling it stupid. For all we know, Klay is a fu*king idiot with his money, and his parents are looking out for him long term.
this is stupid


i'm pretty sure he's an idiot with his money, or else they wouldn't be doing this. that's not some huge revelation. but again, unless they're going to do this forever, he's gonna stay an idiot until they actually teach him to stay on top of his own stuff




 arthurmack27 said:
its usually the n*ggas that dont know sh*t that do the most talking. his daddy been around the block and knows wassup. kt could easily take over his own finances but he dont cus he knows hes in good hands. the smartest pro athletes are those who have financial advisers. his just so happened to be his daddy who been around the block a few times.

game yourself up lil n*gga!
sit down


this isn't "financial advising". this is a grown man getting an allowance. advisors empower you to make your own decisions. this dude, on the other hand, probably doesn't even know what his take-home pay is


Last edited by Dee Grande; 03-02-2013 at 12:34 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #80
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
Most players have a financial a.ssistant that THEY PAY anyway. His parents are his financial advisors. The end.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 32
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy