Feb 28 - 45 percent of recent college grads are living with their parents

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '12        #121
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,587 | Props total: 6046 6046
 NO RELIGION said:
this f*ggit most likely majoring in underwater basket weaving. bi*ch a.ss n*gga will be 35
working at burger king.
What did you major in bi*ch n*gga? Oh wait

Ho Religion with another L
 5 years ago '12        #122
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,462 | Props total: 3057 3057
 DSmith93 said:
i don't knock nobody for this if they actually stacking up and helping they people with bills but if you just lliving there with no plan in sight or a goal to one day leave and take off in life as an individual on your own than i can't respect that... i chose to save up and move out at 18 to chase a dream, with a clear path, already preparing for life and manhood, not being brainwash or keeping up with the joneses. once you get the feeling of being an individual, and the journey of knowing the struggle, the bottom, restless every night to work your a.ss off, knowing you never ran back to momma. the journey is made to make you stronger spiritually, and not so money driven. you learn about happiness, and what life is all about. somehow you cheat yourself out of that by never fully growing up, and never seeing the big picture. instead of just remaining determine from day one, and taking advantage of the opporunity, instead of always waiting for sh*t to be handed to you, without doing too much work. without breaking bad habits. sh*t don't work like that. life is hard but its true when they say you control your own destiny. if not we wouldn't have oprah, jayz, kobe,will smith, lebron and etc for inspiration. that the result of knowing your destiny and max out your full potential, never know till you try. keep ya head up to those still trying get it and find the light at the end of the tunnel. keep pushing my n*ggas. the power of an education and a open mind, hard worker is limitless

My mom told me when I was 17 and a senior in high school that she was going to charge me rent once I turned 18. Knowing that, I already had my mind made up that I was going to venture out on my own once I graduated high school. To me, there was no sense in paying to live somewhere and not have my own space, privacy, rules, etc.

My adult life thus far (11+ years since finishing high schools) has been filled with high's and low's economically, but not once have I moved back home with my mom. Even though I know she would welcome me with open arms, my pride won't let me do it. I rather struggle and be independent than live at home with my mother as a grown man. To me, it builds character as well.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 03-02-2013 at 02:16 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #123
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,462 | Props total: 3057 3057
The only way I see college being a waste is if you took out loans to pay for it and didn't find a job related to what you went to school for -- or found a job which didn't require a degree in the first place.
 5 years ago '09        #124
emanuel08 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,147 | Props total: 358 358
 Kadillac87 said:
Computer science and IT is a big field right now. You don't even need a 4 year degree. You can make bank in the IT field with an a.ssociate degree and some certifications.

that was my major in college before i dropped out in 2005, im not gonna lie (community college) lol. I probaly should go back

Last edited by emanuel08; 03-02-2013 at 04:34 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #125
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,914 | Props total: 1669 1669
Information Tech is a big field, but with those small degrees you will end up doing mostly hands on work while those with BA or MBA sit back and watch over you..
 5 years ago '04        #126
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
Unless you know someone though most places arent going to hire you without any experience. Yeah its retarded and a.ss backward but it is what is.
 5 years ago '05        #127
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4740 4740
 YoDoods said:
Unless you know someone though most places arent going to hire you without any experience. Yeah its retarded and a.ss backward but it is what is.
I agree with this, to be honest.

I had to grind my a.ss off for my first relevant position. I was simply lucky to get grabbed by a very reputable consulting company right after I graduated with my bachelor's last year.

Because of them, a lot more doors have opened up internally and to other companies just based on the connections I made at my current company and from the reputation of my company alone.

I'm not gonna say it's impossible to be successful without a good network, but it definitely relieves the pressure a LOT.

Last edited by pnoi89; 03-02-2013 at 08:00 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #128
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
 pnoi89 said:
I agree with this, to be honest.

I had to grind my a.ss off for my first relevant position. I was simply lucky to get grabbed by a very reputable consulting company right after I graduated with my bachelor's last year.

Because of them, a lot more doors have opened up internally and to other companies just based on the connections I made at my current company and from the reputation of my company alone.

I'm not gonna say it's impossible to be successful without a good network, but it definitely relieves the pressure a LOT.
I was super lucky to get to where I am at in my profession. I dont have the formal education etc. Networking def plays a big part in anything you do.

Hell Im collecting unemployment right now while Im going to school but Ive applied for a couple of unpaid internships just so I can stay fresh and up to date with everything going on. plus It will look great on a resume as well.

This doesnt apply for all career fields. Mainly IT/HR and other "professional" type positions.
 5 years ago '06        #129
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 2651 2651
 Niruggg said:
I GOT A GED AND 1 YEAR OF COLLEGE

I MAKE JUST UNDER 100,000 A YEAR
CAR PAID FOR, MY OWN APARTMENT LOOKING AT A CONDO, AND MY OWN BUSINESS
MY DEBT IS SO LOW I COULD PAY IT OFF TOMORROW IF I CHOOSE

MORE DEBTYA'LL n*ggaS HUSTLING BACKWARDS
6 figure salary... benefits... cost money to make money and saying someone who seeks an education working bckwards sounds backwards to me
 5 years ago '09        #130
emanuel08 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,147 | Props total: 358 358
 jasonrcruz said:
All of you guys saying "fu*k education" I see you guys at my work all the time. I always tell them to make sure there's 2 sugars in my coffee next time.

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy