Feb 28 - 45 percent of recent college grads are living with their parents

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
189 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
127 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #101
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23784 23784
not this guy
 5 years ago '11        #102
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Menace718 said:
I don't like certain things about it, much rather get in on a regular unionized position in the school district
You say the economy is a big part of why you can't find a job but you're being selective about what opportunities you pursue?
 03-01-2013, 10:22 PM         #103
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
You say the economy is a big part of why you can't find a job but you're being selective about what opportunities you pursue?

5 years ago '04        #104
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,388 | Props total: 592 592
 Play4keepz32 said:
Another reason why people from other country's are so far ahead of us they stay together for years 30,40 etc dont kick you out when your 18
CHURCH! Major props for that.

And thats why other societies cherish their senior citizens and don't put em retirement homes and forget about them.

In other societies parents take care of their kids, so the kids take care of their parents.
 5 years ago '05        #105
dizzle trizzle 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,127 | Props total: 2627 2627
I make 100k a year before taxes

still havent gone to college

im starting this year tho
 03-01-2013, 10:44 PM         #106
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Education period is good.. trade school, IT , Degree if you work your a.ss off even in BA arts you can get places... its what u put in, this a big world nothing can stop u if u got that mindset
 03-01-2013, 10:49 PM         #107
bigsyke19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
go into a field that people will NEED

like the medical field.....you have a better chance of always having a job no matter how bad the economy gets imo.....
 5 years ago '06        #108
KingK 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$15,250 | Props total: 747 747
 bigsyke19 said:

like the medical field.....you have a better chance of always having a job no matter how bad the economy gets imo.....
This is true as well. I just met a guy that does job placements for hospitals out here in the Bay Area. Even though I don't wanna work in a hospital he offered to help with my clinicals and he stressed the importance of education and networking throughout my whole conversation with him. Also the importance of staying away from neck tattoos
 5 years ago '06        #109
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said
get an education they said
you will make good pay they said

fu*k that sh*t, I stuck to my job for 5 years and got 3 raises a company car + a bunch of vacation time. I dont have 60k+ debt, and I dont need to waste another 2-4 years as an intern to one day finally making less then what I am making now. In 2 years I am going to be a manager at a new shop my owner is going to open.
I went to college..had 50k in debt..going to finish paying it off in a couple of month (2 years post graduation) and will be making at least 100k with my pharmacy degree for the next 25+ years

shut the fu*k up........i'll surpass whatever you made during that time in 3 years..
 5 years ago '11        #110
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 bigsyke19 said:

Computer science and IT is a big field right now. You don't even need a 4 year degree. You can make bank in the IT field with an a.ssociate degree and some certifications.
 03-01-2013, 11:48 PM         #111
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pos said:
I know alot of people who graduated college that still work bullsh*t jobs, jobs that they're over qualified for.......and Then I know people who were below average/ average students in high school but they had connections either from family members, friends, who put them in great situations

sometimes if you don't have the right connections, networking is extremely important........you can have a great work ethic and know Everything, but if you don't know the right people to help put you in a situation it's still gonna be a challenge.
I agree but I think it depends on the person's major,how competitive open positions are for those jobs/if those jobs are in demand.
 5 years ago '12        #112
Yano 1 heat pts
space
space
$868 | Props total: 559 559
Since we're on the topic of jobs and everything, anyone have any opinions on law school ? Just recently started thinking about applying after I finish up my degree. I'm in Canada too, if that makes any difference
 5 years ago '04        #113
young_al 
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 88 88
I believe this is true but got damn it must be a slow day for online news because this stat was posted last year. who gives a damn about if a 25+ is living at home going to college. The job market is bad i graduated HS in 2004 nothing i learned prepared me for college. These days minority students take longer to graduate than 4 but seeing all my peers fuk up in the game of life have kids to early, move out to early, lose they jobs made me feel better the days i went to college instead of gangbanging and selling dope. As long as you work goto school you cool fuk society what do the losers that wrote this stat do besides bi*ch about they fuk up life.

these stats sound more geared towards "white students".

some folks luck up on good jobs, with no degree, other people struggle they a.ss off thru college dont break even on they loans. I was reading well the whole college experience is adulthood bullsh*t its about spending all this money on 2/4 of sh*t you will never use, getting along with people you hate, or join some stupid a.ss fraternity with men and women you hate. Seen a gang banger beat the sh*t out of alpha on some hood war sh*t. College is like a adult version of high school. Spirituality wise i have grown alot more cynical towards organized religion. I struggle but i see crooks, murders, and everybody else that dont deserve sh*t have a good life.

Last edited by young_al; 03-02-2013 at 09:25 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #114
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
Man I know n*ggas without high school diplomas that don't even live at home with their parents so Idk what to think about this lol
 5 years ago '12        #115
mushroomman 
space
space
$840 | Props total: 469 469
sh*t I got my 2 science degrees in 2008 and did not land my career job til 2012. Had to live with the parents till I got on my feet. Just times we live in.
 5 years ago '04        #116
young_al 
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 88 88
 DSmith93 said:
i don't knock nobody for this if they actually stacking up and helping they people with bills but if you just lliving there with no plan in sight or a goal to one day leave and take off in life as an individual on your own than i can't respect that... i chose to save up and move out at 18 to chase a dream, with a clear path, already preparing for life and manhood, not being brainwash or keeping up with the joneses. once you get the feeling of being an individual, and the journey of knowing the struggle, the bottom, restless every night to work your a.ss off, knowing you never ran back to momma. the journey is made to make you stronger spiritually, and not so money driven. you learn about happiness, and what life is all about. somehow you cheat yourself out of that by never fully growing up, and never seeing the big picture. instead of just remaining determine from day one, and taking advantage of the opporunity, instead of always waiting for sh*t to be handed to you, without doing too much work. without breaking bad habits. sh*t don't work like that. life is hard but its true when they say you control your own destiny. if not we wouldn't have oprah, jayz, kobe,will smith, lebron and etc for inspiration. that the result of knowing your destiny and max out your full potential, never know till you try. keep ya head up to those still trying get it and find the light at the end of the tunnel. keep pushing my n*ggas. the power of an education and a open mind, hard worker is limitless
Yes those are good examples but you gotta understand their people behind the strings controlling pulling their strings. Check out Dr. Omar Johnson on youtube.
 5 years ago '12        #117
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
stayed wit my bro...rent free saved up 20 racks working... going back to school this summer for 1 year of HVAC classes...
 5 years ago '04        #118
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 741 741
Im recently divorced & recently laid off. I have close to 10 years experience in my field (Human Resources) But I get rejection letters ASAP because I DONT have the formal education. They dont necessarily care about a HR/Business degree just degree period.

SO I said fu*k it. Went back to school (Im a JR.) and moved back in with my parents. Im collecting unemployment and just chilling.

0 fu*ks have been given
 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM         #119
winwin1000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Subs
 5 years ago '04        #120
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,051 | Props total: 9 9
I shouldve went to the Air Force

Fukk college debt!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
13 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy