Feb 28 - 45 percent of recent college grads are living with their parents

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #81
reppinI85 
space
space
$708 | Props total: 363 363
If more people treated college like a job it would be beneficial. I saw people bullsh*t their way towards a degree. Yeah you have that degree but if college didn't turn you into a a more dilligent and responsible person you'll never succeed.

So yeah its about the journey..
 5 years ago '04        #82
deneye 
space
space
$1,439 | Props total: 17 17
 skillahmang said:
all i am going to say, from my experience and readings and just living life. an article like this a pure journalism fear tactics. are the facts completely bullsh*t, not at all. but an article like this will catch the attention of a current college student or a somebody planning to go to college and in return receive a lot of attention. don't let the world scare you away. don't let that happen. find your vision, educate yourself, and make something out of yourself. don't be afraid to fail or in this case "move back in with your parents" or "accumulate some debt" if this path is going to eventually lead you to your happiness and put you where you want to be in life, then this is what the universe has planned for you. stay positive, set goals, achieve those goals and dont be afraid. FEAR is how you are controlled on this planet. for what it's worth, I believe in you. Anybody who cares to get an education, i believe in.
you're appreciated brotha!
 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM         #83
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You just have to know how to manage your money. Right now I'm living like a peasant because I refuse to get caught up in that college lifestyle and have to move back home.

Most people are trying to buy themselves a brand new car, but I found me a car for 1k and I don't give a fu*k if an 03. I'm slowly getting everything together I doubt I will be returning home.
 5 years ago '12        #84
ScroogeMcDuck 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,937 | Props total: 26 26
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said
get an education they said
you will make good pay they said

fu*k that sh*t, I stuck to my job for 5 years and got 3 raises a company car + a bunch of vacation time. I dont have 60k+ debt, and I dont need to waste another 2-4 years as an intern to one day finally making less then what I am making now. In 2 years I am going to be a manager at a new shop my owner is going to open.
Motherfu*ker works at a "shop" and thinks he's doing big thangs.

His company car:

[pic - click to view]

College is too available to people now so BA's have lost value. If you go to a good school and have talent, you're getting a job though.

High school grads lost

Last edited by ScroogeMcDuck; 03-01-2013 at 05:50 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #85
AweBit 63 heat pts63
space
space
$1,128 | Props total: 1931 1931
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said
get an education they said
you will make good pay they said

fu*k that sh*t, I stuck to my job for 5 years and got 3 raises a company car + a bunch of vacation time. I dont have 60k+ debt, and I dont need to waste another 2-4 years as an intern to one day finally making less then what I am making now. In 2 years I am going to be a manager at a new shop my owner is going to open.

Salute !!!
 5 years ago '05        #86
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
That's what happens when you go to college and bullsh*t....
 5 years ago '05        #87
still tippin' 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,754 | Props total: 308 308
I just graduated and started my career off at $75k.

tell me i could do that coming out of high school.

GO TO COLLEGE.
 5 years ago '05        #88
still tippin' 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,754 | Props total: 308 308
 jasonrcruz said:
All of you guys saying "fu*k education" I see you guys at my work all the time. I always tell them to make sure there's 2 sugars in my coffee next time.
preach.
 03-01-2013, 06:32 PM         #89
varcitykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this why i say That college shyt wack.. They dont give u what u deserve, its all about who n what you know nowadays, college is just guaranteed debt [INLESS YOU ALREADY GOT MONEY].. some people are going to argue w/ me but statistics prove me right
 03-01-2013, 06:36 PM         #90
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Uh Oh! Another one of these threads! Lol
A chance for all the bumbass muthafuhkas to unite and tell us all how college isnt sh*t!
 03-01-2013, 07:01 PM         #91
factorx3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 varcitykid said:
this why i say That college shyt wack.. They dont give u what u deserve, its all about who n what you know nowadays, college is just guaranteed debt [INLESS YOU ALREADY GOT MONEY].. some people are going to argue w/ me but statistics prove me right
And how will you meet most of those people or get those connections to the people you need to know to put you in those positions? SCHOOL. So it has its ups and downs but unless you are actively learning without school you need it.
 5 years ago '12        #92
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7597 7597
Also, in some cultures the families actually WANT their children to live at home until they start their own family. This is particularly true in some Asian cultures where it's not uncommon to see people who are 30 with no kids still living at home, even if they're financially stable and able to afford their own place.
 5 years ago '06        #93
KingK 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$15,250 | Props total: 747 747
Some form of education is necessary in today's society. Whether its traditional schooling or a trade school you'd be much better off 9/10 with some sort of beyond high school education.
 5 years ago '06        #94
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,233 | Props total: 1551 1551
Talked to a student today that graduated last year after 4 years I told em what was he doing he said working.I was like were he said Barista at starbucks
 5 years ago '05        #95
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 still tippin' said:
I just graduated and started my career off at $75k.

tell me i could do that coming out of high school.

GO TO COLLEGE.
Lol n*ggas wanna waltz thru college with a 2.5 GPA and expect a decent job with minimal work...

The number of jobs requiring degrees has not increased with the number of ppl going to college. Knowing that you have to realize you're competing for limited spots with other students...you can't 200k in loans to major in communications then complain about college being a scam
 5 years ago '04        #96
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
I have two degrees, one in Finance and one in Secondary Education and haven't gotten a job in either field. To be fair I probably won't see myself doing the finance thing anymore, more so looking for teaching. I live in this sh*t a.ss state of New York so job openings for teaching are impossible to come by. Looks like I may need to look out of state, hopefully I am about to get a job at the nuclear power plant on Monday so I'll be getting paid comfortably until I settle into a teaching job (if ever).
Basis here is I went to school, got that paper saying I finished twice and still found nothing yet. Economy is a big part in this, NY has cut a lot of those jobs I'm looking for. Before anyone says I bullsh*tted through my degrees, I had above a 3.5 GPA in both degrees and have a sh*t ton of recommendations for teaching by current teachers in 3 schools.
 5 years ago '07        #97
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
I know alot of people who graduated college that still work bullsh*t jobs, jobs that they're over qualified for.......and Then I know people who were below average/ average students in high school but they had connections either from family members, friends, who put them in great situations

sometimes if you don't have the right connections, networking is extremely important........you can have a great work ethic and know Everything, but if you don't know the right people to help put you in a situation it's still gonna be a challenge.
 5 years ago '11        #98
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 Menace718 said:
I have two degrees, one in Finance and one in Secondary Education and haven't gotten a job in either field. To be fair I probably won't see myself doing the finance thing anymore, more so looking for teaching. I live in this sh*t a.ss state of New York so job openings for teaching are impossible to come by. Looks like I may need to look out of state, hopefully I am about to get a job at the nuclear power plant on Monday so I'll be getting paid comfortably until I settle into a teaching job (if ever).
Basis here is I went to school, got that paper saying I finished twice and still found nothing yet. Economy is a big part in this, NY has cut a lot of those jobs I'm looking for. Before anyone says I bullsh*tted through my degrees, I had above a 3.5 GPA in both degrees and have a sh*t ton of recommendations for teaching by current teachers in 3 schools.
If you want to teach, why not do the Teach for America program?
 5 years ago '09        #99
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
 kevkhalee said:
What do you do there?
I am a collision repair estimator. Got experience in body + mechanical with I Car platinum certifications. My shop I work for now is been running for 20 years, and god forbid it goes under, plenty of shops in LA who will hire me in a second because of my I Car certifications. I make around 70k but will be 100K+ once I get my manager position.
 5 years ago '04        #100
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
 Kadillac87 said:
If you want to teach, why not do the Teach for America program?
I don't like certain things about it, much rather get in on a regular unionized position in the school district
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy