Feb 28 - 45 percent of recent college grads are living with their parents

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,531 | Props total: 5101 5101
If your going in just for the money than I feel sorry for you and wont make it further in life.
 5 years ago '11        #62
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$686 | Props total: 2 2
 skillahmang said:
all i am going to say, from my experience and readings and just living life. an article like this a pure journalism fear tactics. are the facts completely bullsh*t, not at all. but an article like this will catch the attention of a current college student or a somebody planning to go to college and in return receive a lot of attention. don't let the world scare you away. don't let that happen. find your vision, educate yourself, and make something out of yourself. don't be afraid to fail or in this case "move back in with your parents" or "accumulate some debt" if this path is going to eventually lead you to your happiness and put you where you want to be in life, then this is what the universe has planned for you. stay positive, set goals, achieve those goals and dont be afraid. FEAR is how you are controlled on this planet. for what it's worth, I believe in you. Anybody who cares to get an education, i believe in.

Nice Post.
 5 years ago '06        #63
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,841 | Props total: 1754 1754
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said
get an education they said
you will make good pay they said

fu*k that sh*t, I stuck to my job for 5 years and got 3 raises a company car + a bunch of vacation time. I dont have 60k+ debt, and I dont need to waste another 2-4 years as an intern to one day finally making less then what I am making now. In 2 years I am going to be a manager at a new shop my owner is going to open.

Oh yeah don't forget college doesn't make a name for you, it just gets your foot thru the door

Whoopty- fu*king-do , I will be sure to tell my grand kids about you

I'm tired of these people are here preaching ignorance, like college is that retarded. When I see people with a business degree protesting and bi*ch cuz they can't find work, I just think about how they should of used all that time 4 years before to get a better degree.

If you can be easily replaced, or interviewing against 100 other people with better qualifications, then why use that effort to look into job security??

Everyone wants to put work in after college, when it's the effort of an average major you picked that is keeping you down, put the work in early. High school is free and easy. Carry a 4.0 and get a scholarship. You don't have to go to Harvard, go somewhere that wants you, and look into the field. 4 years sh*t don't change to much. If there's no openings then wtf you going to do

Last edited by vinceisallin; 03-01-2013 at 01:22 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #64
WhosIt 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 1150 1150
 Quddus said:
Yeah but once you leave enterprise rent a car or get fired they taking the car back and you in a worst situation. Where you gone work for next Hertz?
 5 years ago '04        #65
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
College is definitely something that most people should experience, especially those who are very narrow minded and haven't had many life experiences growing up. As far as getting a good job with your degree, it will definitely help you but it is far from a guarantee especially if you didn't choose a good major. I'm not knocking people who picked a major that doesn't pay well because I respect that if that's what you wanted to study but you should of known ahead of time that it was going to be harder to find a good paying job. But not everyone wants to be a math, engineering, or science major.

I haven't even finished my degree yet because the field I work in doesn't require it, it will just bump my pay grade up a couple percent but it will most definitely play a part in promotions down the line which is why I am going to finish it. But there are plenty of careers like mine, that will pay six figures and make more than the average college graduate.

At the same time, I have a few friends out of college who are making bank with their degree. They are a select few but if you have that drive with the right major, your hard work is going to pay off.

If you don't want to go to college, a good alternative is to learn a trade and join the union. Electricians, plumbers, etc, out here in the Bay Area make over 100k a year.
 03-01-2013, 02:42 PM         #66
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both sides of the arguement have valid points. Yes college is really important but its only really important for some people. College was worth it for someone like me who had a clear plan and goal of where I wanted to be when I finished but I'd say at least half the people I have classes with have no such plan; they have no goal, they put in no work and pay no attention during class. They are simply going to college becaue someone told them they had to. My gf is a good example of this. She coats through doing the bare min. required, reads nothing and skips most lectures and is going for a worthless art degree. She is throwing away 50k, will have learned next to nothing and will have no job prospects when she graduates. She is the perfect example of the people discussed in this article. College is the best career path for someone with drive and a clear plan who really wants to learn. To anyone else it is just a tool to seperate a fool from their money.

Last edited by Apostrophe; 03-01-2013 at 02:45 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #67
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 Tony Franks said:
I think a really big issue is the fact that Americans have recently been programmed to believe they should run away from home as fast as possible. Don't save up any money. Nah, as soon as u get a lil $$$, immediately try and find as many ways possible to accumulate debt. Making sure you will forever be our slaves.

Stay home with the folks, u prolly less likely to end up stuck with a spouse and kids with an open mouth.

Not to say that this article's info isn't important, cuz it is. But I think we really need to start thinking about the way we live our lives anyway.
word
 5 years ago '12        #68
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,571 | Props total: 5972 5972
 cuddyduce said:
people need to stop going to college for philosophy and geography and dumb sh*t like that

[pic - click to view]

fu*k you n*gga
 5 years ago '06        #69
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,210 | Props total: 5023 5023
id probably move in with a bi*ch before i went back to my parents now that i think about it

that way i wouldnt get too comfortable and still have a place to stay and move and shake the way i wanted to

some parents act like they want you out but will do your laundry, cook your meals and sh*t.. get you in a comfort zone
 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM         #70
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nothing wrong with staying home....alsong as u do something productive with it....i knew a guy in his mid 40s living at home
 5 years ago '09        #71
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,086 | Props total: 374 374
 illstate11 said:
So what nobody cooks like moms tho
 5 years ago '10        #72
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said

fu*k that sh*t, I stuck to my job for 5 years and got 3 raises a company car + a bunch of vacation time. I dont have 60k+ debt, and I dont need to waste another 2-4 years as an intern to one day finally making less then what I am making now. In 2 years I am going to be a manager at a new shop my owner is going to open.
thats some real sh*t bro. Damn... I wish I would have went that route.. I'm about to get my MBA and dont have sh*t to show for it... Kudos to you fam....
 5 years ago '10        #73
space
space
 pnoi89 said:
What's wrong with that? You save more money, can likely live in a comfortable setting, and most importantly, get to live with family.

Personally, if I ever end up finding a better job in Colorado Springs, I won't hesitate to move back home with the 'rents since I don't own a house yet and for the reasons I states above.
But you gotta figure that everybodies parents not like yours fam.. I am forced to make it cuz my parents would never allow that movin back in sh*t....
 5 years ago '10        #74
space
space
 vinceisallin said:
Oh yeah don't forget college doesn't make a name for you, it just gets your foot thru the door

Whoopty- fu*king-do , I will be sure to tell my grand kids about you

I'm tired of these people are here preaching ignorance, like college is that retarded. When I see people with a business degree protesting and bi*ch cuz they can't find work, I just think about how they should of used all that time 4 years before to get a better degree.

If you can be easily replaced, or interviewing against 100 other people with better qualifications, then why use that effort to look into job security??

Everyone wants to put work in after college, when it's the effort of an average major you picked that is keeping you down, put the work in early. High school is free and easy. Carry a 4.0 and get a scholarship. You don't have to go to Harvard, go somewhere that wants you, and look into the field. 4 years sh*t don't change to much. If there's no openings then wtf you going to do
i cant deny it.. you speakin the truth fam!!!!!
 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM         #75
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said

I wouldn't brag about getting 3 raises in 5 years...
 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM         #76
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pnoi89 said:
What's wrong with that? You save more money, can likely live in a comfortable setting, and most importantly, get to live with family.

Personally, if I ever end up finding a better job in Colorado Springs, I won't hesitate to move back home with the 'rents since I don't own a house yet and for the reasons I states above.
Right!! If i can get a job within a comfortable drive ill move back n save up for a nice home for myself
 5 years ago '08        #77
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said

dat mediocrity
 03-01-2013, 04:26 PM         #78
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for the people saying its not cool to live at home and stay with your parents...im very curious to hear what your opinions would be if you were living in NYC where the rent is $1500 a month for a closet

its easy to say that stuff when you live in the boondocks where a mansion costs like 200k
 5 years ago '04        #79
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
All of you guys saying "fu*k education" I see you guys at my work all the time. I always tell them to make sure there's 2 sugars in my coffee next time.
 5 years ago '12        #80
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
this is true and it's only gonna get worse in the future

but living at home and saving up, you doin it right
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago