most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
9550 pageviews
136 comments

phantomnation 2090 heat pts2090
space
space
$6,468 | Props total: 18661 18661
Feb 28 - 45 percent of recent college grads are living with their parents

[pic - click to view]

Here's Exactly How Many College Graduates Live Back at Home

The unemployed college graduate moving back in with his parents has been a stock figure of the past few years, helping to cement the Millennials' reputation as the "Boomerang Generation." But how many young grads are returning to live with their mom and dad (or their aunt or uncle)?

The number to remember is 45 percent. What share of recent college graduates were living with family in 2011? It's 45 percent. How much higher was that figure than in 2001? Also 45 percent. That's the conclusion from Census data crunched for The Atlantic by Pew economist Richard Fry, the author of a recent report on young adults and debt. It's bad -- about on par with the unfortunate results Pew found via a poll of young adults in 2012. But it's not as bad as the bogus 85 percent figure CNN, Time and The New York Post breathlessly reported last year.

[pic - click to view]

If you expand the age range a bit, the trend looks even more dramatic. A full 61 percent more college-educated 18-34-year-olds were living with their families in 2011 than in 2001. And as the chart shows, the boomerang effect is strong for young people, whether or not they went to college.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

MSN

136 comments for "Feb 28 - 45 percent of recent college grads are living with their parents"

5 years ago '09        #2
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
go to college they said
get an education they said
you will make good pay they said

fu*k that sh*t, I stuck to my job for 5 years and got 3 raises a company car + a bunch of vacation time. I dont have 60k+ debt, and I dont need to waste another 2-4 years as an intern to one day finally making less then what I am making now. In 2 years I am going to be a manager at a new shop my owner is going to open.
 5 years ago '05        #3
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,294 | Props total: 4711 4711
What's wrong with that? You save more money, can likely live in a comfortable setting, and most importantly, get to live with family.

Personally, if I ever end up finding a better job in Colorado Springs, I won't hesitate to move back home with the 'rents since I don't own a house yet and for the reasons I states above.
 5 years ago '08        #4
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
It's true both it's not long term.
 5 years ago '05        #5
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said

fu*k that sh*t, I stuck to my job for 5 years and got 3 raises a company car + a bunch of vacation time. I dont have 60k+ debt, and I dont need to waste another 2-4 years as an intern to one day finally making less then what I am making now. In 2 years I am going to be a manager at a new shop my owner is going to open.
I guess we don't need doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants etc etc

It's not all about money. And a lot of people that go to college get bumass degrees because they weren't willing to work
 5 years ago '11        #6
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,380 | Props total: 3847 3847
I think a really big issue is the fact that Americans have recently been programmed to believe they should run away from home as fast as possible. Don't save up any money. Nah, as soon as u get a lil $$$, immediately try and find as many ways possible to accumulate debt. Making sure you will forever be our slaves.

Stay home with the folks, u prolly less likely to end up stuck with a spouse and kids with an open mouth.

Not to say that this article's info isn't important, cuz it is. But I think we really need to start thinking about the way we live our lives anyway.
 5 years ago '08        #7
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3445 3445
Whats the percentage of people that didnt graduate college that are living with their parents? Why are those numbers not shown?
 5 years ago '09        #8
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,409 | Props total: 12349 12349
 Bea5T said:
I guess we don't need doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants etc etc

It's not all about money. And a lot of people that go to college get bumass degrees because they weren't willing to work
and they dont want to go where the money is for their degree once they graduate. A bunch of whiny bi*ches that think "oh I got a degree, hand me a job right here right now because of it".

What many people don't understand is the degree just betters your chances for employment, it doesn't guarantee it. That part is on you
 5 years ago '11        #9
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Dat free rent
 5 years ago '09        #10
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,400 | Props total: 10500 10500
Let me guess, It's because they don't WANT to work, right? :)
 5 years ago '11        #11
Brolicballer13 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,499 | Props total: 1123 1123
 Kadillac87 said:
Dat free rent
THIS, these cats don't know how good it is till its gone
 5 years ago '06        #12
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,453 | Props total: 2647 2647
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said

congratufu*kinglations...

you know people like engineers, doctors, chemist actually need to go to college to get what they need to become successful in their trade and most people are not as luck as you and find a job they like off the bat...

now people who go to college and leave with a BA in psychology, sociology, and ect aint going to find sh*t unless they go get their masters
 5 years ago '04        #13
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
@ spend 4 years (and $) in college when you could have that 4 years strong in the work force. might as well spend the time building up your social and networking skills and coerce you way into a job that will advance you for the time youve been putting in
 5 years ago '05        #14
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 Fly 2ndComing said:
and they dont want to go where the money is for their degree once they graduate. A bunch of whiny bi*ches that think "oh I got a degree, hand me a job right here right now because of it".

What many people don't understand is the degree just betters your chances for employment, it doesn't guarantee it. That part is on you
you got your job because you had a highschool degree yet you have a problem with people who want a job because they have a college degree
 5 years ago '11        #15
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
The economy is solely to blame for this but this is what when there is no jobs.
 5 years ago '04        #16
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,670 | Props total: 11326 11326
all i am going to say, from my experience and readings and just living life. an article like this a pure journalism fear tactics. are the facts completely bullsh*t, not at all. but an article like this will catch the attention of a current college student or a somebody planning to go to college and in return receive a lot of attention. don't let the world scare you away. don't let that happen. find your vision, educate yourself, and make something out of yourself. don't be afraid to fail or in this case "move back in with your parents" or "accumulate some debt" if this path is going to eventually lead you to your happiness and put you where you want to be in life, then this is what the universe has planned for you. stay positive, set goals, achieve those goals and dont be afraid. FEAR is how you are controlled on this planet. for what it's worth, I believe in you. Anybody who cares to get an education, i believe in.
 5 years ago '11        #17
terrio1852 
space
space
$1,315 | Props total: 78 78
free rent what the fu*k is that ??!! ma dukes kicked a n*gga out when he turned 18 . joined the army and said fu*k it . im goin to college now tho and uncle sam payin for it . winning .
 5 years ago '06        #18
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
So what nobody cooks like moms tho
 5 years ago '06        #19
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
 Spiffy said:
go to college they said

I'll be 30 years old this month and let me tell you, me and all my n*ggas who went to college damn sure aint waiting on a store manager job that may or may not happen in two years.

Upside and glass ceiling. That's what college gets you. I know n*ggas who walked into managerial positions and didn't have to wait 5 years to do so. There are advantages to having higher education. And them internships you scoff at are damn well worth it. That's academic credits+work force experience AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!

I also know people who worked at a job for years but weren't eligible for promotion because they didn't have a degree and some of them went back and got it. So congratulations on your success, but don't downplay the importance and advantages of education.
 5 years ago '11        #20
Broseph Stalin 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,170 | Props total: 4914 4914
 illstate11 said:
So what nobody cooks like moms tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy