10 Things Sneakerheads Don't Do (And Probably Shouldn't)

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
154 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM         #1
5664 pageviews
35 comments

CREAM MOB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
10 Things Sneakerheads Don't Do (And Probably Shouldn't)

Just a lil fun. Don't take it too serious.

[pic - click to view]

10. Wear Hardbottoms
"Man, I'm a sneakerhead. I wear sneakers everywhere. Why shouldn't I?" Damn right, B. Wear sneakers to your prom, wear sneakers to your graduation, wear sneakers to your wedding. Hell, get buried in your sneakers - give "Fresh Out the Box" a whole new meaning. And when you look back at photos of yourself on those special days (OK, well, except the last one), just explain to anyone curious enough to ask that this is your LIFE, man.

[pic - click to view]

9. Wear Sneakers Like a Kid
Not to be all "back in my day," but back in my day hardly anyone doubled up on shoes just because they liked them. Most of the time it was a struggle to just get one pair. (Also, it was an uphill walk to school, both ways, in the snow.) We got one pair of whatever it was, wore them until they could be worn no more, then moved on to the next pair. So live like a kid. When you see a pair you really like, buy a pair, put them on in the store, and wear them until the soles fall off. Or don't. Whatever. Your loss.

[pic - click to view]

8. Use All of Their Sneakers for Their Intended Purposes
Sure you play basketball sometimes. And sure you run - when you hear there's one pair of Dunks in your size left at Supreme. But let's not get all crazy here. Just because you collect athletic shoes doesn't make you an athlete. (And just because you hit GOAL on your Nike Fuelband every day doesn't make you an athlete, either. Give your wrist a break.)

[pic - click to view]

7. Try Sneakers On Before They Buy Them
'What's that? Try these on? There's only 150 pairs in the world, and I don't want to lace them up and take the paper out. Plus, they might crease, and then I'll have to describe them as VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVNDS on eBay when I sell them in six months. Besides, if I do put them on, it's going to be somewhere a lot cooler to Instagram than here. Heck, if I Instagram them at the store, how will anyone know I actually bought them? Just bag them up. You take Discover, right?"

[pic - click to view]

6. Run Their Sneakers Through The Washing Machine
"But it makes the whites whiter!" Maybe so. But it also ruins suede and leather, damages midsoles, and makes one hell of a racket. Please don't.

[pic - click to view]

5. Leave A Pair For Someone Else
So you've been clicking refresh on that new pair for a half-hour now and you finally got through and your size is gone. So is the next size up and the next size down. But they're not completely sold out yet, and while the last size left won't even come close to fitting, at least the resale price will help make up for the time spent. And hell, no one would have left your size for you. Right? Right.

[pic - click to view]

4. Go Outside
Hey, it's a risky world out there, filled as it is with rain, mud, and other things that might mess up your kicks. And seeing that you can just buy whatever you need online and have it shipped straight to your door, there's no need to go out there. Besides, who needs friends when you have the internet? And remember, as long as you don't wear them outside, your sneakers are still deadstock, no matter how many times you try them on.

[pic - click to view]

3. Instagram Anything Other Than Sneakers or Food
If your Instagram is any indication, all you ever do is buy sneakers and eat. OK, and maybe you take care of a cat. And hey, that's fine by us. Because the deep, dark sneakerhead secret is that that IS all you do. Who has time for anything else?

35 comments for "10 Things Sneakerheads Don't Do (And Probably Shouldn't)"

02-27-2013, 11:33 AM         #2
CREAM MOB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

2. Actually Be Different
It's kind of funny how the same people who claim "it's just different" or whatever the latest catchphrase is still line up (or click "refresh" a hundred billion times) to try and buy the same sneakers everyone else is trying to buy. Sure, only a limited number of people actually get them, but everyone tries just the same. Want to actually be different? Go through clearance sections, or try buying sneakers from a sports-specific retailer who carries brands you've never even heard of. Oh, you don't want to be THAT different. Of course you don't.

[pic - click to view]

1. Don't Buy Any Sneakers This Week
We know. It's hard. Especially with whatever and that other thing dropping on Saturday, and who wants to pay reseller prices? No one, that's who. And God forbid you miss out on those, because who knows when they'll ever come out again? The best thing to do is to go buy buy buy, and add them to the stack right on top of that other pair you bought last weekend. The ones you absolutely couldn't live without. What were they again? Oh, it doesn't matter.
 5 years ago '06        #3
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 496 496
This list blows.
 5 years ago '08        #4
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,335 | Props total: 13713 13713
I never try on sneakers im about to buy if theyre around my size i'll just buy them
 5 years ago '11        #5
bridouble 239 heat pts239
space
space
$6,953 | Props total: 2580 2580
you are a liar if you say you dont struggle with number one.
 5 years ago '06        #6
LeMar G 241 heat pts241
space
space
$15,568 | Props total: 35707 35707
 bridouble said:
you are a liar if you say you dont struggle with number one.
Amen. That's the true struggle right there.

Rule number in being a sneaker collector is never hesitate.

If you have the opportunity to buy for retail our less, pull the trigger.
 5 years ago '04        #7
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 376 376
this is actually funny

the ones gettin mad at the list are the ones it applies to

the very first thing the post says it just a lil fun not serious n then u got dudes acting like girls and crying over it ...smh..soft nikkas
 5 years ago '09        #8
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,122 | Props total: 1657 1657
I remember i went to the park and played in my 11s people told me to chill i was like what you think these sneakers are made for walking
 02-27-2013, 05:44 PM         #9
CREAM MOB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pandemon said:
this is actually funny

the ones gettin mad at the list are the ones it applies to

the very first thing the post says it just a lil fun not serious n then u got dudes acting like girls and crying over it ...smh..soft nikkas
That guilt.
 5 years ago '11        #10
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128
#realsh*t
 5 years ago '06        #11
mrep3 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,863 | Props total: 6068 6068
 LeMar G said:
Amen. That's the true struggle right there.

Rule number in being a sneaker collector is never hesitate.

If you have the opportunity to buy for retail our less, pull the trigger.
It never use to be like this

Last edited by mrep3; 02-27-2013 at 09:57 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #12
LeMar G 241 heat pts241
space
space
$15,568 | Props total: 35707 35707
 mrep3 said:
It never use to be like this

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #13
Nothavingit 53 heat pts53
space
space
$5,737 | Props total: 1136 1136
 Toss said:
I remember i went to the park and played in my 11s people told me to chill i was like what you think these sneakers are made for walking
they think them sh*ts are a fashion statement. I hoop in my retros because thats what they are made for
 5 years ago '07        #14
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 Toss said:
Not anymore. Retro is like Nike Sportswear now, made for lifestyle. There's a reason dedicated runners don't wear Air Max1s or 90s around the track anymore. There's a reason Jordan Brand makes the XX8 and the Super.Fly and the M9 and the CP.3 VI. There's a reason no one still plays ball in Stan Smith's or Superstars or Chuck Taylor's. They were once made for basketball, but they're not anymore.

I get the idea of throwing caution to the wind and not being attached to material goods, and I dig it. But don't be silly.
 5 years ago '04        #15
pandemon 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 376 376
 KeithHernandez said:
Not anymore. Retro is like Nike Sportswear now, made for lifestyle. There's a reason dedicated runners don't wear Air Max1s or 90s around the track anymore. There's a reason Jordan Brand makes the XX8 and the Super.Fly and the M9 and the CP.3 VI. There's a reason no one still plays ball in Stan Smith's or Superstars or Chuck Taylor's. They were once made for basketball, but they're not anymore.

I get the idea of throwing caution to the wind and not being attached to material goods, and I dig it. But don't be silly.

u one of the only sensible people that posts in here
 5 years ago '07        #16
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,410 | Props total: 2526 2526
 pandemon said:

u one of the only sensible people that posts in here
He makes a point... But there ARE some shoes that are well made and still work well to this day on the court. Hell I still hoop in my Original Kobes from time to time. I'm 26 I grew up hooping in a certain type of shoe and honestly I prefer to hoop/run/work out in older shoes. (Hoop in O.G. Kobe, Jordan XVIIIs or my Pennys and work out in Huaraches) I don't roll my ankle, my feet don't hurt, and they just feel right on my feet. If my Penny's feel fine.. Why I need to go out and cop some Hyperdunks?
 5 years ago '06        #17
Mike in Tampa 20 heat pts20
space
space
$12,932 | Props total: 2449 2449
 Optimus Crime said:
He makes a point... But there ARE some shoes that are well made and still work well to this day on the court. Hell I still hoop in my Original Kobes from time to time. I'm 26 I grew up hooping in a certain type of shoe and honestly I prefer to hoop/run/work out in older shoes. (Hoop in O.G. Kobe, Jordan XVIIIs or my Pennys and work out in Huaraches) I don't roll my ankle, my feet don't hurt, and they just feel right on my feet. If my Penny's feel fine.. Why I need to go out and cop some Hyperdunks?
That makes sense. You play basketball in basketball shoes. And work out in cross trainers.
 5 years ago '10        #18
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
This list is spot on!
 02-28-2013, 02:58 AM         #19
THEYOUNGMESSIAH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
being a shoehead is so mainstream now. good thing i passed through that faze in '09
 5 years ago '05        #20
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 537 537
My name is Monroe... And this use to be me.. This sh*t is real n*ggas in denial.. The moment I clean my wardrobe up to be suave i have more casual and hard bottoms than I do sneakers now but I got a sh*t tone of shoes that one got one or two wears.. Three pair of ice creams that never saw the sun..
To add to the list a sneaker head will have alot of dope sneakers but wear the same 4 shoes everyday
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy