RAPPERS you TRIED to get into, but really just CAN'T

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM         #101
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
J Cole. Should I feel bad about not supporting a local emcee? No, because Dude's style ain't sh*t to me. Doesn't stand out at all. Wish Little Brother were still intact.

Jim Jones is another cat I can't get into. I can't help but view those other dipset cats as sidekicks to Cam. They had great moments in the groups songs, but I can't take them seriously when they release solo sh*t.
 5 years ago '10        #102
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
Rick Ross - Grabbed the last album and the prior mixtape. I like a few songs here and there but in general I just can't be a fan.

Lil Wayne - Ran through the Carter's, like Ross I can't say I hate everything he does but the bad outweighs the good for me

Immortal Technique/Papoose - I appreciate intelligent rap but I just cant fux with dude's delivery

Chief Keef - I try to give everything and everyone a chance and sometimes I am pleasantly surprised by the results..........Keef is not one of those artists

Talib Kweli - I honestly know he is a quality rapper who puts effort into his art, but I have never been able to connect. Strange because I like Mos and their work on their collab album.

Tupac - I respect the impact, like some his work but wouldn't consider myself a fan.

CNN - Capone and Noreaga just never impressed me.

And many others....like I said I try to give everyone a chance and will at least listen to someones album 3 times straight through before making final judgment. Sometimes it just doesn't click. Doesn't mean I hate them just means I don't feel their music.
 5 years ago '11        #103
MoneyChasnMason 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,913 | Props total: 41 41
ab soul
 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM         #104
rell24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rick Ross mmg, lil wayne young money ,gucci , waka flocka
 5 years ago '04        #105
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 788 788
 Crookz said:
If we're strictly talkin about rappers that hip-hop fans praise then it be the native tongues movement for me.
I always found them boring
 5 years ago '11        #106
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,249 | Props total: 1281 1281
currency
french montana

a couple underground artists
 5 years ago '04        #107
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 788 788
I hate to be that guy but WTF at someone saying they don't like bone thugs. huh?
 02-27-2013, 10:46 PM         #108
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
besides all the corny n*ggas every1 here loves i'll say...

scarface
ugk
too short
mac miller and those hyphy n*ggas...

i respect these rappers but not in my rotation
 5 years ago '05        #109
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
I'm just gonna preface my picks by saying not everything has to be lyrical to me. But there has to be some aspect that makes their music dope as hell and just different enough to where they draw me in. They have to truly own whatever the fu*k they're doing..no matter how they're actually doing it.

- 50 Cent - Power of the Dollar was his only real above average album to me. GRODT was everywhere and helped kind of start an era so I give it the credit for that(Sort of like Blueprint is for me), but dude has just never been that good at anything except maybe a hook here or there.

- Bun B - Respect what he did for the South, just never saw the pure legendary status other people did with his music.

Big Daddy Kane - Gonna get hate for this from those who grew up in the era..for me this was that one 80's pick I just could never really get into. A lot of the rappers I respect the hell out of say this dude birthed their style which I can see a little, but a lot of dude's battle raps(Which he's praised for), were corny to me even for back in '88. Respect what he brought to the game, just wouldn't really sit there and play his sh*t.

Joe Budden - Good and extremely talented rapper. With that said, I've always wondered what people in here love so much about him. I mean I swear dudes think he gets deeper than other rappers but he really isn't doing anything that others aren't. Guess this is my pick that I like and I do bump some of his music and listen to his releases when they come out, but he's just so praised it makes me wonder why.

Lloyd Banks - Back in 2005, I was checking for this dude's releases like crazy. He was good back then, but a little after Hunger For More I couldn't really listen to any more of him. That album was such a disappointment to me and so was most of what followed.

Dipset(Cam'ron especially) - Their beats to me are what put them up there. You listen to some of their posse cuts and you're like Damn..this sh*t's pretty tough. But that's like two or three joints per album. None of them are anything special as rappers at all, together they make decent music. Diplomatic Immunity to me is nowhere near a classic(Everyone a few weeks ago was saying it was in here), but I respect people saying it is.

There's probably more but I'll stop there.
 5 years ago '11        #110
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Curren$y
Odd Future
Lil Wayne
Meek
 02-28-2013, 01:14 AM         #111
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I
 keejee said:

[pic - click to view]

&
[pic - click to view]

And it's not for lack of trying.

I know they're respected by their peers, but I truly can't connect with them
Ugk
Odd Future (not including frank ocean)
Royce da 5'9
French Montana
Rza
Riff Raff
lil boosie
lil webbie
black hippie (excluding kendrick lamar)
Slaughterhouse (excluding joe budden)
Any post 2010 n*ggas
action bronson
danny brown
rockie fresh
stalley (i really really tried)
Asap rocky
joey badass
"eminem albums" (like some of his stuff but the corniness k!lls it)
Rass kass
method man
redman

Last edited by Brolic757; 02-28-2013 at 01:30 AM..
 02-28-2013, 01:16 AM         #112
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Q
 JRHernandez88 said:
joe budden
currensy (however u spell it)
odd future

No hate or anything but who do u like?
 5 years ago '04        #113
Black-i 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$530 | Props total: 143 143
E-40
killer mike
big boi
 5 years ago '05        #114
bi0 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,595 | Props total: 1153 1153
Anything DTE is trash - Trouble , Alley Cat

Most of MMG catalog is trash - Stalley Meek Gunplay

Any Rappers from the DMV states hot garbage - Fat Trel any other artist with Fat in front of they name

Any artist from texas with that chopped and screwed music

Odd Future minus earl

Riff Raft

Trinidad James

Any gimmick artist

Just about the whole XXL freshman list is trash

All my Top artist are from the Left coast aka West coast
 5 years ago '13        #115
AweBit 63 heat pts63
space
space
$1,128 | Props total: 1933 1933
All YMCMB (Tried more than once)
Lil B and waka - (Didnt give em more than 10 minutes each)
Biggie (respect definitely, Didnt like enough songs to say i got into em)
 5 years ago '07        #116
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,746 | Props total: 1755 1755
Kendrick....dude is so overrated.I just don't see it in him
2 PAC.....he has a few joints but never was an overall fan
Slaughterhouse....Royce and budden are Koo as individual rappers but has a group they suck.Sound like they are battle eachother the whole time and not making an actual songs.
 5 years ago '11        #117
ricengravy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,302 | Props total: 1701 1701
50 cent
rick ross

all rick ross songs sound the same
 5 years ago '13        #118
temp1cascade 7 heat pts
space
space
$558 | Props total: 178 178
2Chainz...but his wack anyways, if we talking real rappers, then I gotta say Ghostface, I've tried...I really have, but dude just won't cut the mustard for me...sorry Ghost lovers, I do respect the dude tho.
 5 years ago '08        #119
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
Eminem-
I can't listen to any of his albums for my life, he's a great artist in terms of expression, it's just that I really don't care about anything he has to say. Listening to his albums is a chore for me; he doesn't really use technique besides emotion so he has a lot of dense wordy verses that are just boring to listen to.

I always felt like one half of rap should be content and the other half should be technique & flow, em is all content.
 5 years ago '10        #120
SteezDoesIt 
space
space
$429 | Props total: 19 19
Kendrick Lamar
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
184 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
75 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
51 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy