Jermaine Dupri Says he put Jay-Z on in the south

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #81
emanuel08 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,147 | Props total: 358 358
 strongthetruth said:
And a lot people keep bringing up the Ha Remix. That wasn't even a big record down here. The original was but I'm not gone sit here and let y'all think n*ggas was ridin' round bumpin' the remix checking for Jay.

i dont remember anymore if the radio played it alot , but it was a big deal hearin the remix
 5 years ago '11        #82
Unknown Dude 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,201 | Props total: 90 90
 emanuel08 said:
i dont remember anymore if the radio played it alot , but it was a big deal hearin the remix
No southern n*gga was bumpin that remix like ppl sayin in here...

I don't know wtf yall talkin bout...that song shouldn't even be in this discussion
 5 years ago '09        #83
emanuel08 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,147 | Props total: 358 358
 Unknown Dude said:

I don't know wtf yall talkin bout...that song shouldn't even be in this discussion

nah i live in the south , all i said was i dont remember if the remix was played alot , i thought the remix was a big deal tho

the only thing i hate is dudes that swear jayz is the reason 400 degreez blew up

Last edited by emanuel08; 02-26-2013 at 12:38 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #84
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 Root Of Evil said:
NY

anyway the question was which jay song got him buzzin in the south

big pimpin > money aint a thing
money aint the thing came out first and was b4 jay-z sold 5 million by the time big pimpin came out he was already a household name...he did ugk more a favor having them on it than they did him...jay-z was trying to get over the hump and JD def helped him with that joint because that dropped the summer of 98 and sh*t kept him bubbling until he dropped hard knock later that summer/fall
 5 years ago '04        #85
TYT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 61 61
i cant believe this many people didn't hear of jay until vol.2 or later... i'm from cali and "ain't no n*gga" was one of the first single i could remember. they don't got cable in the south?

if "can i get a" wasn't a hit, a very good chance "money aint a thang" wouldn't have been put out with a budget like that. jay-z put on jd.
 5 years ago '07        #86
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
 TYT said:
i cant believe this many people didn't hear of jay until vol.2 or later... i'm from cali and "ain't no n*gga" was one of the first single i could remember. they don't got cable in the south?

if "can i get a" wasn't a hit, a very good chance "money aint a thang" wouldn't have been put out with a budget like that. jay-z put on jd.
Apparently he wasn't that interesting to folks down here outside of singles. I do remember my sister having either RD or Vol. 1 in 97 tho.
 5 years ago '07        #87
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,901 | Props total: 1244 1244
Its true he did. That song was everywhere, I think some of y'all just dont know sh*t about JD and just dont want to give that n*gga his props.
 5 years ago '04        #88
Ice Cold 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,727 | Props total: 325 325
 antoniob321 said:
Jay Z was mainstream, if anything he put himself on in the south...

Rocafella was boomin down here to.
 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM         #89
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skillahmang said:

for me it's MTV or hearing him on Life After death.

Jay-Z introduced me to JD. and im from the south.

JD probably the wackest successful CEO if that makes sense.
you gotta be no older than 20 if JAY Z put you onto JD. Kris Kross and Da Brat put JD out there way before Money Aint A Thing
 5 years ago '10        #90
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
he got a strong point...
 5 years ago '05        #91
stillsouf 
space
space
$922 | Props total: 19 19
 Kadillac87 said:
JD needs to go somewhere with this. Back then, NY had the rap scene on lock. If you were big in NY, you were big across the country. Meth & Red didn't have a JD track and they were relevant in the South. So we gonna act Jay Z wasn't on the Ha (Remix) with Juvie

EDIT: On second though, after looking at the timeline, JD may be right. I forgot Money Aint A Thang was released as a single on JD's album a good 3 months before Vol. 2 dropped
Back then NY was gettin NOOOOO airplay down here..NY lost the south when the West took over...(Ruthless Records Era)...I remember niccas given me the about me playing Midnight Marauders..

Last edited by stillsouf; 02-26-2013 at 03:30 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #92
stillsouf 
space
space
$922 | Props total: 19 19
 Unknown Dude said:

These n*ggas is crazy if they think that.....Maybe NY transplants but not southern n*ggas...

Between deathrow,Rapalot,Suave House,So So,Dungeon Fam,Slip N Slide,Cash Money,No Limit and Hypnotized all the states were locked up jammin they own sh*t...there was no room for NY other than the occasional collab or to sneak thru hit like Bad Boy used to do occasionally.
 5 years ago '10        #93
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
I aint watched the vid yet... read some of the comments

For me and my hood it was "Can I get a" when i first heard of Jay-Z I think... it was that, Foxy Brown Ill be or Money aint a thang.... I remember trying to rap the Can i get a 1st the fastest without messing up

But Big Pimping and Hard knock life with out a doubt are his most commercial hits. They had news coverage on that sh*t when he sampled Annie and Pimp C made Big Pimpin in the south. We wouldnt even play Jayz s verse

EDIT: and the "ha" remix was a joke to us pun intended
 5 years ago '04        #94
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 549 549
 skillahmang said:

for me it's MTV or hearing him on Life After death.

Jay-Z introduced me to JD. and im from the south.

JD probably the wackest successful CEO if that makes sense.
he definetly gets a nomination lol.
 5 years ago '05        #95
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #96
GST 
space
space
$14,836 | Props total: 2410 2410
 JickBangz said:
LOL I think Master P has him beat but then again Master P made no names go platinum in New Orleans sales alone, so i take that back.
definitely master p

that n*gga had the store brand version of any and everything that came out
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy