Jermaine Dupri Says he put Jay-Z on in the south

most viewed right now
NBA Is Kyle Kover better than Melo at this point? (Melo responds)
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside To GILF or Not to GILF
127 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside well damn they giving out barber licenses to anyone now
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Cop Followed Him Into His Drive Way For A Broken Brake Light...
170 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #41
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$12,045 | Props total: 973 973
 Hotboy1982 said:
Me personally, JD opened the door a bit for Hov to get put on the South but to be real, even though if memory serves me correct Hov was on Silk the Shocker's Made Man album before that but real talk though, no one started really fooling with Hov until the "Ha" remix with Juvie and then when Hov did "Big Pimpin" with UGK, like someone else said-it was a wrap after that.
Big Pimpin was the point of no return...HOV was outta here after that bruh..

Last edited by Root Of Evil; 02-24-2013 at 11:01 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #42
OldBusiness 164 heat pts164
space
space
space
$23,394 | Props total: 26500 26500
 Hotboy1982 said:
Me personally, JD opened the door a bit for Hov to get put on the South but to be real, even though if memory serves me correct Hov was on Silk the Shocker's Made Man album before that but real talk though, no one started really fooling with Hov until the "Ha" remix with Juvie and then when Hov did "Big Pimpin" with UGK, like someone else said-it was a wrap after that.
Made Man came out after Ha and Money Aint a Thing though

Yo I never knew what n*ggas down south saw in Silk Da Shocker....All I ever remember about dude was that Mystikal used to k!ll him on all his sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #43
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$12,095 | Props total: 3645 3645
why is it so hard to give someone props .The man is right ,it was around a time when jd wanted to work with everybody

"money ain´t a thing was a jd single but it got really succesful and jay managed to get it on his album as a bonus song

As far as who opened the door for JD...as
-an artist,i guess the money in his pocket
-producer ,he did it himself ...he had several number one hits before he worked with NY artists
 5 years ago '07        #44
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,253 | Props total: 1637 1637
 ALLEEK said:
n*gga are you insane? Do your homework son, everybody in NY was banging those Flex tapes.

You can't be serious? All 4 of Flex albums went gold. Clue name got hot cause he got a platinum plaque, but Flex dropped 4 Gold albums back to back.....

THAT Flex mixtape went gold in less than 2 months

That Flextape went Gold in Spring of 97, DJ Clue first album ain't even hit Shelves until Christmas '98

You dead in the water son, what you talkin bout

This is completely off topic. But Flex 3rd album had some of my fave freestyles of all time...I remember being in Queens and Prodigy told Flex he ain't want rappers going over certain beats(Vol. 3 featured a few "vs. Mobb Deep" tracks)

Prodigy told Flex DMX wouldn't do sh*t with it. DMX premiered this verse in Queens at a party and n*ggas thought he and Prodigy was gone have beef

Besides that gay a.ss openin line, sh*t was classic
wait we talking underground hip hop or radio airlplay??

If we talking underground those flex joints did spark a buzz but Clue had the streets on smash until big mike took the crown and juggled it with with a few other dj's
 5 years ago '12        #45
OldBusiness 164 heat pts164
space
space
space
$23,394 | Props total: 26500 26500
 KnicksLost said:
wait we talking underground hip hop or radio airlplay??

If we talking underground those flex joints did spark a buzz but Clue had the streets on smash until big mike took the crown and juggled it with with a few other dj's
:nasmad:
 5 years ago '05        #46
adh56 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 13 13
In dat deep deep south. Texas to be exact. JD is right Jigga aint get no play down here until Money aint a Thang. JD put that n*gga Hov on
 5 years ago '07        #47
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,853 | Props total: 251 251
 ALLEEK said:
Made Man came out after Ha and Money Aint a Thing though

Yo I never knew what n*ggas down south saw in Silk Da Shocker....All I ever remember about dude was that Mystikal used to k!ll him on all his sh*t.
It was all hype. I remember his giant cardboard ads up in the music stores and everything. P marketed him like he was the next big thing in music too. He put him on songs like Ghetto is Tryna k!ll Me, Playas from the South, Ice Cream Man, etc.

I guess Jay really didn't get play like that other than singles. Nas, Biggie, Busta, and prolly Wu Tang got more play in the South.
 5 years ago '04        #48
LightWeight 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,589 | Props total: 2657 2657
Juvenile with Jigga, HA, the remix......Sleep where da river at
 5 years ago '13        #49
HipHopFactz 452 heat pts452
space
space
$31,893 | Props total: 43150 43150
2pac and BIG put Jayz on in the South and in the world

BIG aided Jayz career by giving him features and video and puttin him on LAD and Pac threw Jay name on the Makaveli album, even if u hadnt heard of Jayz before, by the end of 97 u must have, he was mentioned by two of the greatest rappers of all times

Big Pimpin however sealed the deal that to me is Jayz biggest commercial record cuz it crossed over everywhere.
 5 years ago '07        #50
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,725 | Props total: 4821 4821
 Nyuzi said:
It was all hype. I remember his giant cardboard ads up in the music stores and everything. P marketed him like he was the next big thing in music too. He put him on songs like Ghetto is Tryna k!ll Me, Playas from the South, Ice Cream Man, etc.

I guess Jay really didn't get play like that other than singles. Nas, Biggie, Busta, and prolly Wu Tang got more play in the South.
Biggie and Busta really the only NY dudes that was getting spins down here. Cream is really the only Wu song I ever heard get played and that Meth and Mary J joint. Rule The World got played down here but that was really just because of Lauryn Hill.
 5 years ago '07        #51
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,725 | Props total: 4821 4821
And a lot people keep bringing up the Ha Remix. That wasn't even a big record down here. The original was but I'm not gone sit here and let y'all think n*ggas was ridin' round bumpin' the remix checking for Jay.
 5 years ago '13        #52
HipHopFactz 452 heat pts452
space
space
$31,893 | Props total: 43150 43150
 s34ny said:
i can only speak for the n*ggas i fu*k with down here

but none of em did and still dont fu*k with jay

they might rap big pimpin or somethin if it come on but nahh

never have never will

i aint never heard no n*gga pull up at a corner store down here bumpin jay
true story
 5 years ago '04        #53
marcchrome 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,080 | Props total: 2781 2781
 Root Of Evil said:
that would be ugk

indeed... "big pimpin'" was the joint that gained him a bigger southern crossover appeal.
 5 years ago '06        #54
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$34,099 | Props total: 15971 15971
so did may z put him on in the east?
 02-25-2013, 09:04 AM         #55
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JD...

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #56
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,870 | Props total: 20047 20047
I think Big Pimpin is what did it.

I talk to my fam in Texas and they didn't even know who Jay was until this song dropped.
 5 years ago '06        #57
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
space
$30,094 | Props total: 13828 13828
he's kind of right...i mean i'm not from the south but can imagine he didn't get big until ugk but money ain't a thing is what put him on the map
 5 years ago '06        #58
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,881 | Props total: 16129 16129
Nobody was jammin Jay down here until Big Pimpin so UGK is the one that put him on down here...

I see JD still have a ridiculously high opinion of himself... stay delusional midget.
 5 years ago '05        #59
nupe1911 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,512 | Props total: 757 757
Volume 2 put Jay on the map and Volume 3 made him a legend in the South. Snoopy Track still goes hard
 5 years ago '13        #60
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
$43,259 | Props total: 12345 12345
Yes I got my first featured trending hot topic thingy on here.

But basically moral of the story is JD is tripping.
Home      

most viewed right now
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
140 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Steph unveils the new Curry V Low, Finally a good looking Curry shoe?
38 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Shazam Poster!!?
43 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 22 - Here’s how money is destroying the world and the people livin..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sony CEO: “The PlayStation 4 Is Entering The Final Phase Of Its Life C..
142 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy