Jermaine Dupri Says he put Jay-Z on in the south

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #41
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 Hotboy1982 said:
Me personally, JD opened the door a bit for Hov to get put on the South but to be real, even though if memory serves me correct Hov was on Silk the Shocker's Made Man album before that but real talk though, no one started really fooling with Hov until the "Ha" remix with Juvie and then when Hov did "Big Pimpin" with UGK, like someone else said-it was a wrap after that.
Big Pimpin was the point of no return...HOV was outta here after that bruh..

Last edited by Root Of Evil; 02-25-2013 at 12:01 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #42
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,941 | Props total: 16911 16911
 Hotboy1982 said:
Me personally, JD opened the door a bit for Hov to get put on the South but to be real, even though if memory serves me correct Hov was on Silk the Shocker's Made Man album before that but real talk though, no one started really fooling with Hov until the "Ha" remix with Juvie and then when Hov did "Big Pimpin" with UGK, like someone else said-it was a wrap after that.
Made Man came out after Ha and Money Aint a Thing though

Yo I never knew what n*ggas down south saw in Silk Da Shocker....All I ever remember about dude was that Mystikal used to k!ll him on all his sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #43
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,467 | Props total: 2702 2702
why is it so hard to give someone props .The man is right ,it was around a time when jd wanted to work with everybody

"money ainīt a thing was a jd single but it got really succesful and jay managed to get it on his album as a bonus song

As far as who opened the door for JD...as
-an artist,i guess the money in his pocket
-producer ,he did it himself ...he had several number one hits before he worked with NY artists
 5 years ago '07        #44
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 ALLEEK said:
n*gga are you insane? Do your homework son, everybody in NY was banging those Flex tapes.

You can't be serious? All 4 of Flex albums went gold. Clue name got hot cause he got a platinum plaque, but Flex dropped 4 Gold albums back to back.....

THAT Flex mixtape went gold in less than 2 months

That Flextape went Gold in Spring of 97, DJ Clue first album ain't even hit Shelves until Christmas '98

You dead in the water son, what you talkin bout

This is completely off topic. But Flex 3rd album had some of my fave freestyles of all time...I remember being in Queens and Prodigy told Flex he ain't want rappers going over certain beats(Vol. 3 featured a few "vs. Mobb Deep" tracks)

Prodigy told Flex DMX wouldn't do sh*t with it. DMX premiered this verse in Queens at a party and n*ggas thought he and Prodigy was gone have beef

Besides that gay a.ss openin line, sh*t was classic
wait we talking underground hip hop or radio airlplay??

If we talking underground those flex joints did spark a buzz but Clue had the streets on smash until big mike took the crown and juggled it with with a few other dj's
 5 years ago '12        #45
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,941 | Props total: 16911 16911
 KnicksLost said:
wait we talking underground hip hop or radio airlplay??

If we talking underground those flex joints did spark a buzz but Clue had the streets on smash until big mike took the crown and juggled it with with a few other dj's
 5 years ago '05        #46
adh56 
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 9 9
In dat deep deep south. Texas to be exact. JD is right Jigga aint get no play down here until Money aint a Thang. JD put that n*gga Hov on
 5 years ago '07        #47
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
 ALLEEK said:
Made Man came out after Ha and Money Aint a Thing though

Yo I never knew what n*ggas down south saw in Silk Da Shocker....All I ever remember about dude was that Mystikal used to k!ll him on all his sh*t.
It was all hype. I remember his giant cardboard ads up in the music stores and everything. P marketed him like he was the next big thing in music too. He put him on songs like Ghetto is Tryna k!ll Me, Playas from the South, Ice Cream Man, etc.

I guess Jay really didn't get play like that other than singles. Nas, Biggie, Busta, and prolly Wu Tang got more play in the South.
 5 years ago '04        #48
LightWeight 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,361 | Props total: 1889 1889
Juvenile with Jigga, HA, the remix......Sleep where da river at
 5 years ago '13        #49
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38322 38322
2pac and BIG put Jayz on in the South and in the world

BIG aided Jayz career by giving him features and video and puttin him on LAD and Pac threw Jay name on the Makaveli album, even if u hadnt heard of Jayz before, by the end of 97 u must have, he was mentioned by two of the greatest rappers of all times

Big Pimpin however sealed the deal that to me is Jayz biggest commercial record cuz it crossed over everywhere.
 5 years ago '07        #50
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,192 | Props total: 3243 3243
 Nyuzi said:
It was all hype. I remember his giant cardboard ads up in the music stores and everything. P marketed him like he was the next big thing in music too. He put him on songs like Ghetto is Tryna k!ll Me, Playas from the South, Ice Cream Man, etc.

I guess Jay really didn't get play like that other than singles. Nas, Biggie, Busta, and prolly Wu Tang got more play in the South.
Biggie and Busta really the only NY dudes that was getting spins down here. Cream is really the only Wu song I ever heard get played and that Meth and Mary J joint. Rule The World got played down here but that was really just because of Lauryn Hill.
 5 years ago '07        #51
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,192 | Props total: 3243 3243
And a lot people keep bringing up the Ha Remix. That wasn't even a big record down here. The original was but I'm not gone sit here and let y'all think n*ggas was ridin' round bumpin' the remix checking for Jay.
 5 years ago '13        #52
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38322 38322
 s34ny said:
i can only speak for the n*ggas i fu*k with down here

but none of em did and still dont fu*k with jay

they might rap big pimpin or somethin if it come on but nahh

never have never will

i aint never heard no n*gga pull up at a corner store down here bumpin jay
true story
 5 years ago '04        #53
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,735 | Props total: 2399 2399
 Root Of Evil said:
that would be ugk

indeed... "big pimpin'" was the joint that gained him a bigger southern crossover appeal.
 5 years ago '06        #54
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,946 | Props total: 13567 13567
so did may z put him on in the east?
 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM         #55
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JD...

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #56
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
I think Big Pimpin is what did it.

I talk to my fam in Texas and they didn't even know who Jay was until this song dropped.
 5 years ago '06        #57
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,945 | Props total: 10597 10597
he's kind of right...i mean i'm not from the south but can imagine he didn't get big until ugk but money ain't a thing is what put him on the map
 5 years ago '06        #58
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,461 | Props total: 14697 14697
Nobody was jammin Jay down here until Big Pimpin so UGK is the one that put him on down here...

I see JD still have a ridiculously high opinion of himself... stay delusional midget.
 5 years ago '05        #59
nupe1911 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 593 593
Volume 2 put Jay on the map and Volume 3 made him a legend in the South. Snoopy Track still goes hard
 5 years ago '13        #60
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Yes I got my first featured trending hot topic thingy on here.

But basically moral of the story is JD is tripping.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago