Feb 23 - Chingy: ''Bullet In the Brain of Hip-Hop?''

most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
350 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Mike Tolbert -- Pays Car Shop $3,900 In Coins ... Cops Called In Bill Disp..
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brazilian Girls Make USA Thots Look Like Trash
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Danny Brown Rantng On Twitter About Fake Industry Friends
39 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-23-2005, 11:08 AM         #1
5598 pageviews
39 comments

LiquidSwordz718 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Feb 23 - Chingy: ''Bullet In the Brain of Hip-Hop?''

Walking down the stairs, pushing through all of the young women in their tight tops and even tighter pants and their equally sharp boyfriends at the House of Blues in Anaheim last Friday, one could sense that people were there for a good time. Everybody was flossing their new gear, the drinks were flowing lovely, and people were crowding the bar and the pit was waiting impatiently for Warren G and Chingy to come out and get it crunk. The House of Blues was looking polished as well, with a brilliant sound system and state of the art lighting that set the proper mood.

Warren G opened the show, and rocked the crowd the way a veteran with more than ten years of experience should. There was nothing flashy about The G-Child’s set. He rocked some black Adidas pants and a black shirt, and he didn't need to resort to anything gimmicky - he used his words and his beats to get the crowd on their feet. He was getting love from the house throughout all his set with his G-Funk era joints, but the crowd really came alive when he ripped into "I Want It All", and had the entire crowd singing along to the chorus. Then, after a few more joints, he announced that his set had to be cut short and left the stage, leaving everybody riled up because they did not get to hear Regulators, the classic Warren G cut that launched his career. Soon after, a voice trembled from the stage. "Did I forget something?" Warren asked, before returning to the stage as the introductory synth-whistling from "Regulators", off of his 1994 release "Regulate... G Funk Era", began to play. When the crowd heard that sound, every single hand in the house gravitated upwards. He absolutely k!lled it on that track, and left the stage to a deafening roar of appreciation from the crowd.

After a short intermission, the curtains opened up again to the DJ announcing the arrival of Chingy. Read More...

From the moment Chingy and his entourage came to the stage, it was plainly obvious that this would be a very different performance from the previous set. Clothed in name brand gear and dripping ice all over the place, Chingy and his crew came on to a mixed reaction from the crowd. The ladies, who were definitely out in force, showed him much love as they danced along to his songs. The fellas, on the other hand, seemed to be generally unimpressed. Chingy, along with G.I.B. went through a few tracks from his new album Powerballin, like "Fall'n", "We Clubbin'", and "Wurr Da Git It Gurlz At". At this mention of girls, Chingy brought up a couple of ladies on stage to see if they could "Make That a.ss Talk", which they did remarkably well. However, their fluid and beautiful dancing did not save them from a resounding dismissal from the audience, and another group of girls was brought on stage to see how well they could do. Of the three girls that got onstage, one definitely stole the spotlight, as the skirt she was wearing was... shall we say “quite scandalous.” She did not have the dancing skills of the two other girls, but the sight of her a.ss made her the center of everybody's attention. As my first time witnessing an event like this, I was astounded by it. The sacking of the first group of girls seemed to act like a warning for the second group; they knew they would have to degrade themselves even more for the enjoyment of this group of men or they would face the same banishment suffered by the previous group. Needless to say, I was rather distressed and dismayed by this part of the show.

Following this spectacle, with a short interlude of "26's", in which Chingy showed that he not only had love for scantily clad women but big wheels as well, it seemed somewhat ironic that he went into the song "One Call Away". This was undoubtedly the best song out of his entire set, and even the fellas were nodding their heads to the laidback production and catchy chorus. He finished up with "Right Thurr", but even this, his signature track, didn't arouse much love from the crowd. At the end of the set, a peal of simulated gunshots rang out, signaling the end of the night. The show was definitely on the short side, beginning at around 8:30 and ending two hours later at 10:30. For the price of admission, this seemed rather short, but everyone got to hear the hits they came to hear, so hopefully they left satisfied.

Whether or not this was a good show largely depends on what you came out to see. For the people that came to have a few drinks, get crunk and dance, this was a good night. For the people that came for a long night of music and entertainment, well, hopefully they got their money's worth. For those people whose tastes in hip-hop fall on the side of De La and Zion I, the simulated gunshots ending Chingy's performance rang out like 9mm slugs slamming into the brain of hip-hop there that night; leaving it slumped lifelessly on the stage of the House of Blues. But all hope is not lost: Warren G proved that when he showed us all that real hip-hop still has plenty of breath left.

39 comments for "Feb 23 - Chingy: ''Bullet In the Brain of Hip-Hop?''"

02-23-2005, 12:12 PM         #2
ThaSandman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and this is news how? What a fu*kin waste of a post.
 12 years ago '05        #3
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,214 | Props total: 77 77
chingy sucks
 02-23-2005, 12:20 PM         #4
TRIPLE H 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chingy sucks balls
 12 years ago '04        #5
BackBlock_OG 32 heat pts32
space
space
$6,784 | Props total: 355 355
Gotta be a bi*ch that wrote this sh*t. What the fu*k is so entertaining about Warren G walking back and forth across the stage singing sh*t from the mid 90's. And Chingy is wack as hell. If somebody gave me free tickets to that show, I still would not have went. However, if someone told me Chingy and his n*ggaz was havin a freakoff contest during his set, and knowing the kind of girls that be at the house of blues, I would have reconsidered. Yal gotta understand, Chingy knows his limitations. He knows women like him for his looks, and men are there because women are there. So since the girls are gonna ride with him regardless, he has to entertain the men, and he can't do it through rhymes so.... I don't like Chingy, but I loves.luts.
 02-23-2005, 01:41 PM         #6
Bang 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BackBlock_OG said:
Gotta be a bi*ch that wrote this sh*t. What the fu*k is so entertaining about Warren G walking back and forth across the stage singing sh*t from the mid 90's. And Chingy is wack as hell. If somebody gave me free tickets to that show, I still would not have went. However, if someone told me Chingy and his n*ggaz was havin a freakoff contest during his set, and knowing the kind of girls that be at the house of blues, I would have reconsidered. Yal gotta understand, Chingy knows his limitations. He knows women like him for his looks, and men are there because women are there. So since the girls are gonna ride with him regardless, he has to entertain the men, and he can't do it through rhymes so.... I don't like Chingy, but I loves.luts.
 TheSandman said:
and this is news how? What a fu*kin waste of a post.
You both missed the point of this post, Hip Hop is much more then Big Rims and bi*ches and a guy like Warren G showed that he could keep the crowd entertained by just performing his tracks he didn't need to be iced out or bring the ladies up on stage to show there a.sses. The fact that some artists need to do that is what’s wrong with Hip Hop, its not about the music anymore its about image now. So your wrong if you think this post was a waste, there is WAY more to Hip Hop then the G-Units/Dip Sets/Chingys in the Industry.
 02-23-2005, 02:19 PM         #7
Uptown23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chingy suxx
 02-23-2005, 02:48 PM         #8
khalsa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea tight writeup....94 era was a beautiful thing.
 02-23-2005, 02:54 PM         #9
switch_doctor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This article had no point what so ever
 02-23-2005, 05:40 PM         #10
u_dont_know_me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 khalsa said:
yea tight writeup....94 era was a beautiful thing.
best time period fo rap music, period
 04-17-2005, 08:48 AM         #11
rrdrz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 u_dont_know_me said:
best time period fo rap music, period
that was the rap period, hiphop lives cuz rap died back then.sorry
 11 years ago '05        #12
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,067 | Props total: 86 86
that n*gga got booed i think at summerjam last yr
 11 years ago '04        #13
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,658 | Props total: 646 646
Chingy isnt doing anymore damage then any other rapper out there.............still don't know why cats is hatin on him.........

Half you nuccas was bangin One call away,Right Thurr and Holiday Inn
 04-17-2005, 02:25 PM         #14
Fr3sH G 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's The Point Of This sh*t......Source Please,Biatch
 04-17-2005, 04:17 PM         #15
cinquet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes just not real hip hop its commercial garbage.
 04-17-2005, 04:35 PM         #16
HumanCrakk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bang said:
You both missed the point of this post, Hip Hop is much more then Big Rims and bi*ches and a guy like Warren G showed that he could keep the crowd entertained by just performing his tracks he didn't need to be iced out or bring the ladies up on stage to show there a.sses. The fact that some artists need to do that is what’s wrong with Hip Hop, its not about the music anymore its about image now. So your wrong if you think this post was a waste, there is WAY more to Hip Hop then the G-Units/Dip Sets/Chingys in the Industry.
big up cosign well put props deserved
 04-17-2005, 04:47 PM         #17
youngtreez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop is changing and all the old heads need to learn that......damn its like nobody can make a track anymore without someone saying the famous quote

"thats not real hip hop"
 11 years ago '05        #18
YoungHov 
space
space
$1,293 | Props total: 0 0
ahh someone replys to the thread that i got banned over.
 11 years ago '04        #19
KAL Worth 
space
space
$4,488 | Props total: 0 0
 youngtreez said:
hip hop is changing and all the old heads need to learn that......damn its like nobody can make a track anymore without someone saying the famous quote

"thats not real hip hop"
LOL
Funny Because Im Not Old, Yet I Hate Most Of Whats New.

On another note, most "Real Hip-Hop Heads" forget that Hip-Hop wasn't always about lyrics, rather It was to keep the crowd entertained at parties...

...Which most artist today are doing by making there "Fake Hip-Hop".

Clever Lyrics slowly evolved Hip-Hop To What It Became In The Golden Era ('88 or '94, You Choose), & After That, Rather Then Bragging About Your Skills, You Brag About Your Wheels. Now If You Can Be Clever With Your Lyrics & Still Rap About Your Goods, Fine By Me. Ex. Ludacris

What I Hate Is Wack Rhymes Period...So If You Are Wack Then It Doesnt Matter What You Are Rapping About, At The End Of The Day You Are Still Doo Doo.
Ex. Mike Jones
 11 years ago '05        #20
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,774 | Props total: 12 12
yeah,hip hop videos arent what they used to be simply for the fact that artists arent what they used to be,you got rappers tryin to cake off from one or two garbage tracks and then Mtv keeps em in regular rotation and sppon feeds todays youth trash thus idolizing a bunch of fools who shouldnt have money and wont do anything to benefit the hoods they came from except maybe ride thru em and show all the kids they grew up around what theyll never have
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
174 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
198 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
70 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
73 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - POLL OF POLLS: The people say Trump won it easily
214 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside OFFFICAL: Dom Kennedy "Los Angeles Not For Sale Vol. 1 (Anticipation/Di..
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Xbox fire sales continue, $229 for Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Br..
41 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy