50 Cent’s 44 Minute Interview With Wall Street Journal

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1794 1794
 44wade said:
Don't know if your the dude who said he worked at violator or not but that wasn't story reported.

Lighty knew the chick from coca Cola who went to work with.Glaceau or some sh*t along them lines.

Light or James Cruz thought it would be better for stock rather than promo money.

I dunno how valid a third party reporting it is but every time 50 has talked about it in a interview he always gives the same story and that's that he discovered the drink by working out in the gym and then took it upon himself to buy stock because that's what he was interested in and told Chris Lighty to take care of the deal.

Of course I dunno if that's 100% true but it seems more valid coming from him than some third party celeb news site unless you have some Chris Lighty interview saying differently.
 5 years ago '12        #62
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
so Let me get this right. According to 50 critics, Chris lighty did all the work and connections and 50 was just the face?

Ya'll do know violator management managed even other artists outside of brand 50 right? If Chris lighty did EVERYTHING, why is Busta under ymcmb? Just perspective!

In business you have a network of people constantly around you. The best business people tend to be the one's who are able to hire those who can get things done and those with skills they lack. Just because Chris lighty closed the deals and made sure the admin is done, doesn't mean he discovered deals for 50. Guys business resume speaks for itself, vitamin water, brand gunit (Steve stout was at reebok at the time, so he is the guy that made reebok invest and target the urban market), cheetah films, sk energy, sms audio, sms promotions. Cheetah films had a $200million investment/advance for 10 Movies deal, did Chris lighty find that deal too? Get ya'll facts right before talking about ish ya'll know jack about. Some talking about being 1st yr college students. Gtfoh thinking that somehow Gives u business insight lil n*gga! You still got 0 experience in Any form of corporate business!
 5 years ago '13        #63
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 majestykagiso said:
so Let me get this right. According to 50 critics, Chris lighty did all the work and connections and 50 was just the face?

Ya'll do know violator management managed even other artists outside of brand 50 right? If Chris lighty did EVERYTHING, why is Busta under ymcmb? Just perspective!

In business you have a network of people constantly around you. The best business people tend to be the one's who are able to hire those who can get things done and those with skills they lack. Just because Chris lighty closed the deals and made sure the admin is done, doesn't mean he discovered deals for 50. Guys business resume speaks for itself, vitamin water, brand gunit (Steve stout was at reebok at the time, so he is the guy that made reebok invest and target the urban market), cheetah films, sk energy, sms audio, sms promotions. Cheetah films had a $200million investment/advance for 10 Movies deal, did Chris lighty find that deal too? Get ya'll facts right before talking about ish ya'll know jack about. Some talking about being 1st yr college students. Gtfoh thinking that somehow Gives u business insight lil n*gga! You still got 0 experience in Any form of corporate business!
So you mean to tell me this chetah films company is successful?

5 years ago '11        #64
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 467 467
 majestykagiso said:

your dumb a.ss obviously doesnt know how to read i never said me being in college gave me business insight if you would have through the posts correctly the n*gga asked me what have i accomplished and i told him im in college.50 cent fans should have to hooked on phonics so you can learn how to read post on boxden correctly and also who the fu*k said i had experience in corporate business?aint like you do
 5 years ago '12        #65
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,510 | Props total: 3149 3149
 majestykagiso said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #66
space
space
 JickBangz said:
So you mean to tell me this chetah films company is successful?

how are u measuring success? Highly subjective. Box office takings? That means 90% of all Indie studios are not successful and run by chumps including lionsgate when it started. He's been to cannes and has Movies under his own studio directed by Mario van peebles (who so happens to have directed new jack city and tons and tons of movies and tv shows, Dude is a legend), starred val kilmer, Bruce willis, Ryan Phillipe... But i guess success to guys on boxden is only measurable by sales. That to me is successful, at an average 20mill per film, dude has made huge inroads very quickly in the cutthroat Hollywood industry that has average blockbusters that spend 70-150million on blockbuster failures. Note before you respond that even scarface by Brian de palmer was a blockbuster flop back in 83, and not the only one. So is cheetah vision a success for an Indie studio? Hell yes. Answer your question?
 5 years ago '12        #67
space
space
 BIGMARS said:

[pic - click to view]

goes into a 50 cent thread, reads posts 5 pages deep, reads this post, responds that he doesn't care. Yeah u clearly don't
 5 years ago '12        #68
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,427 | Props total: 12785 12785
I'm gonna be great
 5 years ago '12        #69
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
 majestykagiso said:
goes into a 50 cent thread, reads posts 5 pages deep, reads this post, responds that he doesn't care. Yeah u clearly don't
I KNEW that was exactly what ya lame a.ss was gonna say

You're arguing 50's business deals with someone, and the funny part is neither one of you n*ggas really know shyt about them.

Talkin bout "well his deal is structured in such a way..he sees residuals from China and it goes into an offshore account.."

Get the entire fukc outta here lame
 5 years ago '11        #70
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 GameTheory said:
What are you talking about?

I didn't know this was a "lemme hear you holla if you looooove 50 cent!" thread.

Plus, 50 sometime has insights, but to say hes somewhat of a genius, is a major oversight.

If he wasn't "50 Cent" he wouldn't be much. Hes a personality. He, himself, doesn't create much value in the world. Hes merely a face and he never admits that.

You see dudes who know how to play the backstage role or who actually create things? THEY are irreplaceable.

50 Cent is replaceable. But since hes got money, people take what he says as complete fact.

50's interview formula is to basically TELL his audience how hes going to r*pe them out of their rent money and then baffle them with the bullsh*t of why they were susceptible to his image.

Its really funny to watch.

The same dudes saying how smart 50 is are lining up to buy his energy drinks, buy his clothes, and cop his electronics...stuff he didn't create. All he did was promote it.

Dude isn't a businessman himself. HE is the brand. Thats why I don't listen to people who are tastemakers. They don't DO anything but try to convince you that they're more than what they are.

Notice, the people who are worth more that are REALLY valuable can never tell you enough.

Dudes like 50 that are merely entertainers can tell you EVERYTHING and you'll think you've heard it all. Because you have.

50 comes just short of saying, if my name is on it, you'll get excited and throw your money at it.

Elon Musk will always hold his real edge back and give you just enough to let you know how to do it yourself.

Theres a difference.

If you want to be like 50...go ahead...but don't think dude is "intelligent" above and beyond someone who creates things of tangible value.
yell™
 5 years ago '12        #71
space
space
 Radio Raheem said:
your dumb a.ss obviously doesnt know how to read i never said me being in college gave me business insight if you would have through the posts correctly the n*gga asked me what have i accomplished and i told him im in college.50 cent fans should have to hooked on phonics so you can learn how to read post on boxden correctly and also who the fu*k said i had experience in corporate business?aint like you do
again I'm not even going to go back and forth with a kid still wet behind the ears about life. You missed the entire crux of my post and chose to direct a defensive approach. Your accomplishments were listed as a way to somehow show u should be given some form of respect as far as your opinion goes. Since we talking about accomplishments, shouldn't you be listing something else that 1million+ ppl are capable of doing every single yr including what i did 9yrs ago? And about the business experience Google my username, you'll see it's linked to my own personal twitter handle Which has links to my company website. Just because i run a business doesn't mean i can't have a personal life interacting with ppl about the music i love. I'm still at an age where i grew up on the music you dumb lot dismiss as irrelevant, yet still relevant in terms of social conversations and social media interaction. Now what i do, that's an ACCOMPLISHMENT.
 5 years ago '12        #72
space
space
 BIGMARS said:
I KNEW that was exactly what ya lame a.ss was gonna say

You're arguing 50's business deals with someone, and the funny part is neither one of you n*ggas really know shyt about them.

Talkin bout "well his deal is structured in such a way..he sees residuals from China and it goes into an offshore account.."

Get the entire fukc outta here lame
Lol you said you didn't care and i agreed with you now u getting emotional? My post is directed at the group (which seems to include yourself) that seemingly think the only reason the guy closing these deals was because lighty or stout found the perfect thoughtless puppet to make money off which is utter garbage. Chris lighty himself then should have got guys like Busta deals for days and he'd be his own boss, seeing he was also a violator artist. Don't like 50, hell don't like me for all i care, but don't distort ish just cos u lack understanding and ignorance, and when corrected going on an emotional tirade like a woman that just got dumped. I asked everyone in here, if lighty or whomever is closing deals for the puppet 50, what about all these other successful business ventures? He struck it lucky each and every time? Ok!
 5 years ago '12        #73
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
Read about half of that shyt that took you 15 minutes to come up with.

No, I never mentioned 50's deals dumbass, nor do I give a fukc. I'm sorry that I don't care...I guess. It seems like you want me too.

I just said what we all know: 50's a lame
 5 years ago '12        #74
space
space
 BIGMARS said:
Read about half of that shyt that took you 15 minutes to come up with.

No, I never mentioned 50's deals dumbass, nor do I give a fukc. I'm sorry that I don't care...I guess. It seems like you want me too.

I just said what we all know: 50's a lame
Lol again you don't care yet are 5 pages deep going back and forth! I wonder how u react when you do care about some!
 5 years ago '12        #75
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
Damn 50 got alot of motivation in this thread... U know u hating when u try to find reasons for not acknowledging someones bussiness mind and moves, u know u hating when n*ggas give all the credit of ur success to sum1 else... So when Floyd was in jail, who was responsible for starting up SMS Boxing Promotions? What some n*ggas dont understand is u learn how to minuver when u in the industry, 50 allign himself with people for a reason, this n*gga capitalize by studying other peoples bussiness ventures and how he could gain from that by using his image to combine the 2 as a marketing tool... Its not rocket science, its SMART BUSSINESS!
 5 years ago '12        #76
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
And another thing thats funny is Dre didnt do sh*t when it comes to Beats By Dre yet he gets all the credit, Jimmy bought the rights, put Dre's name on that sh*t and a Chinese engineer built it, but its Dre's headphones... 50 got an idea for his own headphones, went to a company with the rights to technology that he bought, bought the engineering company, used his image and every media outlet as marketing and it became a success... So how the fucck is that not genius??? This n*gga is the boss of his own headphone, boxing, movie and energy drink company, this mafuccka is smart no matter what these haters say... And calling me a dicckrider wont change any of these facts
 5 years ago '12        #77
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
 majestykagiso said:
Lol again you don't care yet are 5 pages deep going back and forth! I wonder how u react when you do care about some!
No doubt...

Halfway to 10 skillah

Last edited by BIGMARS; 02-24-2013 at 03:48 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #78
space
space
 Pleasure Boy said:
Damn 50 got alot of motivation in this thread... U know u hating when u try to find reasons for not acknowledging someones bussiness mind and moves, u know u hating when n*ggas give all the credit of ur success to sum1 else... So when Floyd was in jail, who was responsible for starting up SMS Boxing Promotions? What some n*ggas dont understand is u learn how to minuver when u in the industry, 50 allign himself with people for a reason, this n*gga capitalize by studying other peoples bussiness ventures and how he could gain from that by using his image to combine the 2 as a marketing tool... Its not rocket science, its SMART BUSSINESS!
Floyd dont fu*k wit 50 tho but i will give him credit that he prolli came up with the sms promotion
 5 years ago '11        #79
space
space
 Pleasure Boy said:
And another thing thats funny is Dre didnt do sh*t when it comes to Beats By Dre yet he gets all the credit, Jimmy bought the rights, put Dre's name on that sh*t and a Chinese engineer built it, but its Dre's headphones... 50 got an idea for his own headphones, went to a company with the rights to technology that he bought, bought the engineering company, used his image and every media outlet as marketing and it became a success... So how the fucck is that not genius??? This n*gga is the boss of his own headphone, boxing, movie and energy drink company, this mafuccka is smart no matter what these haters say... And calling me a dicckrider wont change any of these facts
I understand what your saying ans all that bullsh*t but the only reasom i respond to 50 cent fans is to let yall know yall lame as fu*k for still listening to him im mean not be rude or nothing but since 50 is your favorite artist and you look up to him you gotta be lame aa fu*k in real life.grown men still listening to him and admiring him?this aint 2003
 5 years ago '12        #80
space
space
 Radio Raheem said:
I understand what your saying ans all that bullsh*t but the only reasom i respond to 50 cent fans is to let yall know yall lame as fu*k for still listening to him im mean not be rude or nothing but since 50 is your favorite artist and you look up to him you gotta be lame aa fu*k in real life.grown men still listening to him and admiring him?this aint 2003

I hope with that logic you not looking at a career that needs you to actually think and reason with logic! No wonder your age group look up to guys that shoot themselves in the chest!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy