Derrick Rose's Brother Criticizes Bulls' Inability To Improve Roster

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #121
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
n*ggas gotta stop believing in fairy tales.
 5 years ago '07        #122
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,978 | Props total: 462 462
 katalist said:
Might be able to beat the knicks I think in 7, but not my pacers
I like the way we matchup against the Pacers....and I think Granger gon mess up chemistry a little when he come back and see this is now Paul George team...I like the Pacers but I think our bench is better and we would pull it out
 5 years ago '04        #123
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,349 | Props total: 8451 8451
 #TheReturn said:
Rose played more than half of the games to produce the leagues best record. And the Bulls win percentage WITH Rose on the court was way higher than with him off of it. The Bulls team was BUILT around Rose. You're trying to convince me they are the same team as 2011, yet this year we have the 5th seed and 3 games out of the 7th.. Oh but we're just as good right? It's like a used car dealer taking a Ferrari and putting a Honda engine in it and tell me it's just as good as the other Ferrari's..
Last year was the the first time that the Bulls had two all stars since 1997

After losing Rose they also lost Noah to a foot injury after he severely rolled his ankle stepping on Andre Iguodala's foot in Game 3

Chicago is still a championship contender, and if the Bulls haven't missed much of a beat without Rose for much of this year, it's worth revisiting whether Rose truly was the most valuable player last year. In other words, if an MVP player is someone a team can't do without, why is Chicago still so darn good?
Obviously, the Bulls would rather have him. But they haven't been hurting the way a team minus the most valuable player in the league for a good chunk of the season should be hurting. In fact, in some ways, they've been thriving while he's been on the bench. The fact that the team is 15-7 without him, including a current 8-3 stretch, can't be ignored. Some of those Rose-less wins are over Miami and a resurgent Boston squad. Chicago's .768 winning percentage this season is actually better than the .756 it posted last season.
when previous MVPs were not playing, their teams suffered. The Bulls have been without Rose for 22 of their 56 games so far and have the best record in the league.
Source:
 5 years ago '09        #124
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,079 | Props total: 8849 8849
 Javon23 said:
The Bulls are 2 games out from being at the top of the division without their MVP Guard.
If Rose is as great as yall claim him to be. Adding him back to the puzzle should be more than enough needed to contend for a title.

The Cavs are not a playoff team without Lebron
The Bulls Are
No Comparison
 5 years ago '05        #125
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
 Tmac225 said:
I like the way we matchup against the Pacers....and I think Granger gon mess up chemistry a little when he come back and see this is now Paul George team...I like the Pacers but I think our bench is better and we would pull it out
I can respect this, it's just going to take some perfect play from our teams for it to work. Luol Deng absolutely can't disappear, Boozer has to show up every game, and others will have to step up(which I'm sure they will).. My biggest concern is the consistency of Boozer and Deng, I'm not worried about Noah, he always brings it. I just have no confidence in Boozer and Deng to stand out in the playoffs, when they've never done it before, and haven't necessarily been world beaters or having career years this year.
 5 years ago '09        #126
space
space
 Javon23 said:
Last year was the the first time that the Bulls had two all stars since 1997

After losing Rose they also lost Noah to a foot injury after he severely rolled his ankle stepping on Andre Iguodala's foot in Game 3

Source:
How can you use that info to knock Rose but at the same time make it like Lebron leaving was the sole reason the Cavs weren't a playoff team the next year. They had a few players leave with him, they traded some guys, they had players get hurt, they got rid of the GM and Head Coach. They were basically starting over so how can you expect a playoffs trip out of that situation.

The Bulls and Cavs situations are very different and honestly can't be compared.
 5 years ago '09        #127
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
I can respect this, it's just going to take some perfect play from our teams for it to work. Luol Deng absolutely can't disappear, Boozer has to show up every game, and others will have to step up(which I'm sure they will).. My biggest concern is the consistency of Boozer and Deng, I'm not worried about Noah, he always brings it. I just have no confidence in Boozer and Deng to stand out in the playoffs, when they've never done it before, and haven't necessarily been world beaters or having career years this year.
The Bulls can make a little noise as long as they stick to the basics. Right now they are a team who can ill afford errors. They have to dive for every loose ball, grab every rebound, execute their offense really good, play great defense and keep turnovers down. I think they can achieve that the question is will they?
 5 years ago '04        #128
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The Bulls can make a little noise as long as they stick to the basics. Right now they are a team who can ill afford errors. They have to dive for every loose ball, grab every rebound, execute their offense really good, play great defense and keep turnovers down. I think they can achieve that the question is will they?
The 2 main keys are executing a consistent offensive game and keeping the turnovers down...because those are the 2 factors that are k!lling us right now...Inability to score and turnovers..

according to that troll Javon they can...and according to him they can just breeze to the ECF without Rose..
 5 years ago '09        #129
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
So are you saying Jo Johnson Deron and Brook Lopez are less talented that Deng Boozer and Noah? Really? Because last time I checked Boozer was Deron's running mate, and Deron has a better playoff performance history than Boozer. THATS for sure. Luol Deng hasn't lead the Bulls in anything in the regular season. None of his numbers have went up with Rose out, you think he's going to magically turn it up on more intensified defense? He has never done it before, I doubt he'll do it this year when he's not even having a great season. Where was he last night? Doing his usual Houdini act.

Lopez and Noah are pretty much a wash. At the end of the day, I'll take Deron and Joe Johnson over any other players on the Bulls not named Rose who are more likely to step up and shine in a playoff series, based upon history alone.
Deng is the reason why we beat Knicks, DO U REMEMBER THAT GAME ?

5 years ago '05        #130
space
space
 ash1990 said:
Deng is the reason why we beat Knicks, DO U REMEMBER ?
You think Deng is going to do that 7 straight times? He might sting the Knicks once or twice but Deng can't create his own shot consistently to be heavily relied upon in a PLAYOFF SERIES.. People aren't fully grasping the difference between catching a team during the course of a reg season vs actually playing a series match against the team where adjustments are made, Deng will face double teams and the ball will be forced out his hands. Has Deng ever showed you that he's a player to rise up above extreme defensive attention and prevail on a consistent basis.
 5 years ago '05        #131
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I agree with this 100%, the only problem is, it's the playoffs. SO the Bulls wont be the only team on the court diving for loose balls(as they might be in a basic reg season game that most teams don't give playoff like effort).. The problem this season has always been if a team matches our effort we lose. See Denver and see Houston. We're not going to beat teams on talent, thats a fact, we beat them on hustle and minimizing our errors as you said. But thats "playoff basketball".. When that advantage of playing playoff style basketball during the reg season is taken away. Because every team in the playoff is going to turn it up and intensify their play. When they do that, and match our intensity or even come close to it, their talent and depth will likely be the deciding factor. In 2011 the only X factor we had was Rose. People tend to forget that the Pacers series was close and the Hawks series was close every game, and it was the former MVP who we relied heavily on to make a spectacular play to win those games. When that was neutrilized in the Miami series, due to Lebron AND the Miami team defense on Rose in the 4th, this team crumbled. Just like they crumbled without Rose aganst a 8th seed, all while with 1-0 series head start, since they actually won the first game with Rose.

Last edited by Hold That; 02-22-2013 at 12:34 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #132
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
You think Deng is going to do that 7 straight times? He might sting the Knicks once or twice but Deng can't create his own shot consistently to be heavily relied upon in a PLAYOFF SERIES.. People aren't fully grasping the difference between catching a team during the course of a reg season vs actually playing a series match against the team where adjustments are made, Deng will face double teams and the ball will be forced out his hands. Has Deng ever showed you that he's a player to rise up above extreme defensive attention and prevail on a consistent basis.
 5 years ago '07        #133
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
This is true i know Boozer is more than likely gone after this season as far as Deng go the playoffs this year will be his last chance to impress me...He suppose to be the second best player on the team im still disappointed he couldnt lead us pass the #8 sixers even without Rose up 1-0 already and I had expectations for Deng this year cause he was k!lling and being aggressive in the Olympics then when the season started he went back to being passive

Deng has reached his Ceiling I wanna see what Jimmy look like as full time starter shoulda traded Deng before the season or at the deadline cause stock wont get any higher

Last edited by Tmac225; 02-22-2013 at 12:34 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #134
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
I agree with this 100%, the only problem is, it's the playoffs. SO the Bulls wont be the only team on the court diving for loose balls(as they might be in a basic reg season game that most teams don't give playoff like effort).. The problem this season has always been if a team matches our effort we lose. See Denver and see Houston. We're not going to beat teams on talent, thats a fact, we beat them on hustle and minimizing our errors as you said. But thats "playoff basketball".. When that advantage of playing playoff style basketball during the reg season is taken away. Because every team in the playoff is going to turn it up and intensify their play. When they do that, and match our intensity or even come close to it, their talent and depth will likely be the deciding factor.
The difference is when in crisis everybody goes back to their base. The Bulls are wired to grind and hustle it out, the other teams have to be forced to do that and when it gets grind time many of those teams won't out hustle the Bulls. The Heat are the only team in the East who can.
 5 years ago '05        #135
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The difference is when in crisis everybody goes back to their base. The Bulls are wired to grind and hustle it out, the other teams have to be forced to do that and when it gets grind time many of those teams won't out hustle the Bulls. The Heat are the only team in the East who can.
It looks that way because we look so great during the regular season. Playoffs are a different animal. Pacers are a hard working team so I'm not sure how people are just blowing that under the water like Frank Vogel isn't going to have his team prepared. The Knicks are talented but stupid, so you mght have a point with them reverting to old ways, as well as the Nets. But we'd be one Melo breakout or Amar'e breakout away from losing, which is more likely to happen then not.. Pacers however, would be one team I wouldn't want to see honestly without Rose.. Even with Rose it would be a tough series that I think we'd prevail in.

Last edited by Hold That; 02-22-2013 at 12:44 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #136
Tmac225 9 heat pts
space
space
I like our team now with Rose better than team that went to the ECF

ECF Team:
Noah
Boozer
Deng
Bogans
Rose

Bench
Watson
Gibson
Brewer
korver
Asik
Thomas

This year team:
Noah
Boozer
Deng
RIP
Rose

Bench
Gibson
Hinrich
Butler
Nate Rob
Belinelli
Nazr

We are a little smaller but still one of the bigger teams in the League

Thing is the bulls have gotten better with the lil money we did have available we can only go up from here and we got some solid options moving forward like

Amnesty or trading Boozer
Trading Deng
Trading hinrich (expiring after next year)
Still have the bobcats pick and trust me they will suck forever
Still have draft rights to Mirotic overseas hooping

We have options and a.ssets the future is bright imo
 5 years ago '05        #137
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1318 1318
 Fly 2ndComing said:
That is crazy talk man, the Pacers hustle as good as anyone in the nba, reason why have been #1-#3 defense all year

Pacers play hard a.ss defense, play as a team and play a rough style. You tlak about no one will out hustle the Bulls but the Heat, but the pacers hustle as well as anyone in L. Why else they got such a good defense and record ? BECAUSE THEY HUSTLE AND PLAY GREAT D!

Last edited by katalist; 02-22-2013 at 12:58 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #138
ttime236 38 heat pts38 OP
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 katalist said:
That is crazy talk man, the Pacers hustle as good as anyone in the nba, reason why have been #1-#3 defense all year

Pacers play hard a.ss defense, play as a team and play a rough style. You tlak about no one will out hustle the Bulls but the Heat, but the pacers hustle as well as anyone in L. Why else they got such a good defense and record without there highest scoring player of hte last 5 years? BECAUSE THEY HUSTLE AND PLAY GREAT D!
I might be reaching, but for some reason, I see yall struggling when Granger comes back

Him and George needa figure out how to divy the ballhandling cus last years playoffs exposed those 2 being on the court together
 5 years ago '04        #139
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 #TheReturn said:
I agree with this 100%, the only problem is, it's the playoffs. SO the Bulls wont be the only team on the court diving for loose balls(as they might be in a basic reg season game that most teams don't give playoff like effort).. The problem this season has always been if a team matches our effort we lose. See Denver and see Houston. We're not going to beat teams on talent, thats a fact, we beat them on hustle and minimizing our errors as you said. But thats "playoff basketball".. When that advantage of playing playoff style basketball during the reg season is taken away. Because every team in the playoff is going to turn it up and intensify their play. When they do that, and match our intensity or even come close to it, their talent and depth will likely be the deciding factor. In 2011 the only X factor we had was Rose. People tend to forget that the Pacers series was close and the Hawks series was close every game, and it was the former MVP who we relied heavily on to make a spectacular play to win those games. When that was neutrilized in the Miami series, due to Lebron AND the Miami team defense on Rose in the 4th, this team crumbled. Just like they crumbled without Rose aganst a 8th seed, all while with 1-0 series head start, since they actually won the first game with Rose.
Not every game with the Hawks were close. When we beat the Hawks, we won by an average of 15 points...The games that we lost were close games...
 5 years ago '04        #140
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,349 | Props total: 8451 8451
 Fly 2ndComing said:
How can you use that info to knock Rose but at the same time make it like Lebron leaving was the sole reason the Cavs weren't a playoff team the next year. They had a few players leave with him, they traded some guys, they had players get hurt, they got rid of the GM and Head Coach. They were basically starting over so how can you expect a playoffs trip out of that situation.

The Bulls and Cavs situations are very different and honestly can't be compared.
Son if you knew me on here then you would know that Lebron Leaving Cleveland was 1 of out of many reasons why the Cavs have been a below .500 team. My Cavs have been in a total rebuild process. You putting words in my mouth.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
42 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now