Emmett Till's Family Pens Open Letter To Lil Wayne

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,267 | Props total: 6368 6368
He was 14.
Beaten to death because of a white woman

In the early morning hours—between 2:00 am and 3:30 am—on Sunday, August 28, 1955, Roy Bryant, Milam, and another man (who may have been black) drove to Mose Wright's house. Milam was armed with a pistol and a flashlight. He asked Wright if he had three boys in the house from Chicago. Till shared a bed with another cousin; there were eight people in the small two-bedroom cabin. Milam asked Wright to take them to "the n**ger who did the talking". When they asked Till if it was him, he replied, "Yeah", for which they threatened to shoot him and told him to get dressed. The men threatened to k!ll Wright if he reported what he had seen. Till's great-aunt offered the men money, but they did not respond. They put Till in the back of a pickup truck and drove to a barn at the Clint Shurden Plantation in Drew. Till was pistol-whipped and placed in the bed of the pickup truck again and covered with a tarpaulin. Throughout the course of the night, Bryant, Milam, and witnesses recall them being in several locations with Till. According to some witnesses, they took Till to a shed behind Milam's home in the nearby town of Glendora where they beat him again and tried to decide what to do. Witnesses recall between two and four white men and two and four black men who were either in or surrounding the pickup truck where Till was seated. Others passed by Milam's shed to the sounds of someone being beaten. Accounts differ as to when Till was shot; either in Milam's shed or by the Tallahatchie River. He was driven to Bryant's store where several people noticed blood pooling in the truck bed. Bryant explained he k!lled a deer, and in one instance showed the body to a black man who questioned him, saying "that's what happens to smart n**gers".

[pic - click to view]

Three days after his abduction, Till's swollen and disfigured body was found by two boys fishing in the Tallahatchie River. His head was very badly damaged. He had been shot above the right ear, an eye was dislodged from the socket, there was evidence that he had been beaten on the back and the hips, and his body weighted to the fan blade, which was fastened around his neck with barbed wire. He was nud3, but wearing a silver ring with the initials "L. T." and "May 25, 1943" carved in it.

[pic - click to view]

Well, what else could we do? He was hopeless. I'm no bully; I never hurt a n**ger in my life. I like n**gers—in their place—I know how to work 'em. But I just decided it was time a few people got put on notice. As long as I live and can do anything about it, n**gers are gonna stay in their place. N**gers ain't gonna vote where I live. If they did, they'd control the government. They ain't gonna go to school with my kids. And when a n**ger gets close to mentioning s3x with a white woman, he's tired o' livin'. I'm likely to k!ll him. Me and my folks fought for this country, and we got some rights. I stood there in that shed and listened to that n**ger throw that poison at me, and I just made up my mind. 'Chicago boy,' I said, 'I'm tired of 'em sending your kind down here to stir up trouble. Goddam you, I'm going to make an example of you—just so everybody can know how me and my folks stand.'

J. W. Milam, Look magazine, 1956

[pic - click to view]

fu*k Lil Wayne.. im sick of this disrespectful mother fu*ker. He dont care about nobody but himself & money. I don't see how you kids idolize this guy. I mean I like some of his sh*t too but hes just getting worse musically and more arrogant personally. I don't mean to sound like a hater but him and dudes like him makes being a rapper not seem like a talent anymore. Word to Shaolin.

U know what.. im with Wade.. fu*k Lil' Wayne

Last edited by HARBINGER; 02-21-2013 at 07:08 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #62
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
@ Wayne stans defending him, talking this Freedom of Speech bullsh*t.

If a white guy/white rapper said that line, would you guys say the same thing?
 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM         #63
PsychoBlack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RIP to Emmit Till and all... and fuk Lil Waynes because he's a f*g hack rapper.... but this is a shakedown from this Mama Till blah blah organization. Sounds like a bunch of people trying to eat off the name of a relative who endured a horrible tragedy.
 5 years ago '04        #64
jbbulldawg2003 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,237 | Props total: 7 7
"How do you console my mom or give her light support
When you telling her your sons' on life support
And just imagine how my girl feel
On the plane scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till"

- From Kanye West's "Through The Wire"

So when Kanye West makes fun of it, its nothing serious, But when Lil Wayne does it the family writes a letter to Vibe?

I'm not a Wayne defender, but this family needs to chill out. If Wayne is guilty of anything, its of biting Kanye. its a stupid a.ss song, and a stupid a.ss line, and an ignorant a.ss rapper that made the song. All this letter does is waste peoples time to draw attention to a magazine no one reads anymore.
 5 years ago '07        #65
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,353 | Props total: 275 275
 RAZAH CUTS said:
why do they give a fu*k abt what Wayne has to say?

Wayne is ignorant... period. They dignify his ignorant a.ss music and thoughts by responding..
they care what he has to say because he's popular and one of the biggest male hip hop artists right now regardless if we like it or not, thats fact homie, by no means does that excuse him from beig ignorant and thoughtless. This genre is starting to become more and more less talented and respected to more about the "ahh fu*k it just do/say some simple sh*t to entertain me" ex: trinidad james/worldstarhiphop

Usually when i see any rapper/artist hate threads i don't even post, why? haters light fuel to the fire (how ironic), and fans f!ghtin for these dudes light fuel to the fire to keep their name buzzin. Don't even get started on the amount of OBVIOUS troll threads that get made that n*ggas fall for. It's a cycle, and the hip hop spot confirms it everyday
 5 years ago '07        #66
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
 jbbulldawg2003 said:
"How do you console my mom or give her light support
When you telling her your sons' on life support
And just imagine how my girl feel
On the plane scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till"

- From Kanye West's "Through The Wire"

So when Kanye West makes fun of it, its nothing serious, But when Lil Wayne does it the family writes a letter to Vibe?

I'm not a Wayne defender, but this family needs to chill out. If Wayne is guilty of anything, its of biting Kanye. its a stupid a.ss song, and a stupid a.ss line, and an ignorant a.ss rapper that made the song. All this letter does is waste peoples time to draw attention to a magazine no one reads anymore.
I highly doubt kanye was tryna make fun of emmitt using that line, i think he was genuinely just using emmitt's disfigured face as a comparison from how he said it from the overall content and theme of "through the wire" Theres a clear difference in wayne and ye's use of emmitt and i believe ye was being more conscious about his comparison. Wayne just babbled out a wack pus*y comparison, dude was better off saying street f!ghter or warriors scene or some sh*t
 5 years ago '09        #67
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
Yeah I get it and Wayne was definitely wrong but at least he got a lot of these ignorant young fu*ks googling and finding out who Till was. Their a.sses wouldn't know otherwise.

He needs to apologize, make a donation, visit a few schools and speak about being careful about what you say.
 02-21-2013, 07:20 PM         #68
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 datnolaboy said:
You're an idiot. You're wishing death on a human being. fu*k whether or not I'm a fan or if I agree or disagree with his lyrics. You're wishing death on a man. What makes you so great you can judge whether someone lives or dies? This is music dog, entertainment, get a fu*kin life. You go on a rant about how the man looks, who he kissed, and what he says then ends it by saying he should be a.ssassinated? How are you supporting hip hop, the Till family, or the human race by wishing death, something irreversible, on that man. You're clearly a fan since you know everything about that man so you don't really mean it. You're just as bad as Wayne. And if you don't like the dude keep him off your mind, it's so simple. fu*kin lame.

real sh*t, did wayne fu*k his wife or his mom???
 5 years ago '07        #69
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Yeah I get it and Wayne was definitely wrong but at least he got a lot of these ignorant young fu*ks googling and finding out who Till was. Their a.sses wouldn't know otherwise.

He needs to apologize, make a donation, visit a few schools and speak about being careful about what you say.
it's fu*ked up that the only way some of these dudes is discovering emmitt till is by a pus*y beatemup line by lil wayne who failed harder, the schools or the parents
 5 years ago '07        #70
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
 ManOnTheMoon said:
fu*king savages man, and SOME white people act like we're the animals. fu*king sickening. foshizzle supports sh*t like this
you should always see things in reverse, before going forward with your thoughts. i know that's what you really meant bruh it's all good
 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM         #71
Old Man Quillis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most people on here don't even know who Emmit Till is without a search engine.
 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM         #72
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ya know honestly i am a former wayne fan....he has been garbage as hell for about the last4 or 5 years tho. he used to tell stories have intricate rhyme patterns and mind blowing punch lines that actually related to and were understood within the concept of the song.

calling him talentless is stupid, thats like calling tim dunkin talentless because you dont like his style of play.

now on this emmitt till stuff he got goin on. the line was disrespectful to all black ppl, but not because he used his name. its becuase he was talking about pus*y!!! thats what makes it disrespectful..

nas drops historical black figures names in just about all of his late work, just in a tactful and respectful way .but i think its a good thing that this happened, because all those white fans that lil wayne has now will go google emmitt till and see the atrocities that there parents and grandparents did to our ppl.

lil wyanes words carry a lot of weight among american youth, remember how much you loved your favorite artist when you were a re teen and teenager???
 02-21-2013, 07:33 PM         #73
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Opinion said:
it's fu*ked up that the only way some of these dudes is discovering emmitt till is by a pus*y beatemup line by lil wayne who failed harder, the schools or the parents
real
 5 years ago '07        #74
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,383 | Props total: 1061 1061
 Deuce Fortitude said:
"On the plane scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till" -Kanye West
That was after his car crash, yea its edgy but not disrespectful
 02-21-2013, 07:36 PM         #75
hollatchadude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Amen7 said:
Nall he didnt but you would probably bend over and bust it open for him,you nut suckin f*g.Yall the ones on here supporting a f*gget. How does that make you look?puzzey
shut yo emotional a.ss up! i would never even talk anyone in the very homos3xual manner that you are right now lol
 5 years ago '09        #76
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
 Opinion said:
You see how the bigger issue is going to be ignored on this one too huh?
 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM         #77
Games Addict  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Faggit deserves to have two bullets lodged in his temple. Never liked this sissified,sellout,skinny jeans wearing,skater wannabe.Oh well maybe he rides it to far in a construction area and flips off a clip. Punks like him deserved to be lynched and set a fire. He is one thee ugliest motherfukkers i have ever seen in my life and any female that sleeps with this chimpanzee lookin a.ss nucca deserves aids.

fu*k him and his f*g supportin azz fans. n*ggaz still support this queer after he french kissed birdman and Stevie J. Now if another rapper did it you'd say hes gay,but since wayne did it you punks say nothing you downlow homos. He direspects big cities like NY and Miami and nothin is said. fu*k NY,theyve always been known to be puxxies you see how Pac punked them and fu*k Miami. Yall n*ggaz lame as hell. d!ck riding azz nuccaz. Wayne would never say fu*k Cali,Atlanta,or the Chi. Punk a.ss motherfu*ker should be a.ssassinated multiple times for ruining hiphop. He got no talent,never been a good rapper.
Oh wow, look at this big bad gangsta!

Damn homie you hard, nukka!

Dissing whole cities and states from the comfort of his mother's basement...

Wayne does suck though... worst rapper ever. Honestly I don't see how he became so popular when his music is so sh*tty, but you're pretty sh*tty too I bet.
 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM         #78
NiteTerroz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FoShizzle8 said:
just another example of society today.cant even have freedom of speech anymore without people cryin about some bullsh*t
I usual don't go after cats on bx because most of ya'll cats ain't worth it. You though are truly a stupid MUTHAfu*kA!!!
 5 years ago '12        #79
Ronfrenchie 73 heat pts73
space
space
$236 | Props total: 23 23
How do you not know who Emmett Till is???

Somebody please que "Eyes on the Prize"
 5 years ago '04        #80
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,106 | Props total: 1359 1359
I can't say what did it for me, but didn't wayne say recently, all my hoes love me like Satan?
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy