Emmett Till's Family Pens Open Letter To Lil Wayne

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-20-2013, 09:42 PM         #1
15065 pageviews
221 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Emmett Till's Family Pens Open Letter To Lil Wayne

[pic - click to view]

By Alvin Aqua Blanco (@Aqua174) February 20, 2013, 22:15pm

Lil Wayne is deep in drama and it's only February. While he recently spoke on his issues with the NBA, and his Chris Bosh slander, on Miami radio, Tunechi has yet to comment on the disrespectful use of Emmett Till's name in one of his rhymes. Now, Till's family has penned an open letter to the YMCMB rapper.

As previously reported, the "No Worries" rapper has come under fire for the line, "Beat the pu--y up like Emmett Till," from his verse on Future's "Karate Chop (Remix)." Epic Records, Future's label, apologized and his censored the song. Still now word of the incident from Tunechi's camp, though.

Now Till's family has penned a letter, shared by VIBE, addressed to Dwayne Michael Carter that explains why they feel so disrespected by the rapper's words.

A portion of the missive, drafted on letterhead attributed to Mamie Till Mobley Memorial Foundation, reads, "Drafting this letter is very difficult because Emmett Till was not just a "sacrificial lamb" for the movement, he was our blood. There was a before image of our beloved "BoBo" that represented the fun-loving, bubbly playful child and member of our family before there was the iconic image of his disfigured face symbolizing as described by his mother as the "face of racism". [sic] He was more than a name that went down in history. HE WAS MAMIE TILL MOBLEY'S ONLY CHILD!"

The two-page letter goes on to urge Tunechi to be mindful of the power his words possess and suggest he join the Mamie Till Mobley Memorial Foundation in efforts to "educate and restore" Emmett Till's name.

You can read the full letter on the following pages.
--
Photo: Jet Magazine/Till Family

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Read more at
[pic - click to view]

Emmett Till's Family Pens Open Letter To Lil Wayne [PHOTOS] | Hip-Hop Wired

221 comments for "Emmett Till's Family Pens Open Letter To Lil Wayne"

02-20-2013, 10:08 PM         #2
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FutureSpitt said:
looks typed to me.
It's 2013, many people do not write hand written letters.
 5 years ago '05        #3
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,883 | Props total: 5691 5691
 FutureSpitt said:
looks typed to me.
 02-20-2013, 10:32 PM         #4
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k wayne and the rest of these ignorant a.ss rappers.....these mothafu*kas aint sh*t to my but morons with mics
 5 years ago '07        #5
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,963 | Props total: 5879 5879
RIP Emmett
 02-20-2013, 10:57 PM         #6
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RubbahBandMayn said:
RIP Emmett
Much respect to his mother who forced them to have a open coffin so the ones' who covered it up saw their savagery.
Redrum741 gave props

5 years ago '11        #7
Ralph Nautica 70 heat pts70
space
space
$10,586 | Props total: 6487 6487
 s7venwords said:
Much respect to his mother who forced them to have a open coffin so the ones' who covered it up saw their savagery.
 02-20-2013, 11:38 PM         #8
DJ Kay Slay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Amen7 said:
Faggit deserves to have two bullets lodged in his temple. Never liked this sissified,sellout,skinny jeans wearing,skater wannabe.Oh well maybe he rides it to far in a construction area and flips off a clip. Punks like him deserved to be lynched and set a fire. He is one thee ugliest motherfukkers i have ever seen in my life and any female that sleeps with this chimpanzee lookin a.ss nucca deserves aids.

fu*k him and his f*g supportin azz fans. n*ggaz still support this queer after he french kissed birdman and Stevie J. Now if another rapper did it you'd say hes gay,but since wayne did it you punks say nothing you downlow homos. He direspects big cities like NY and Miami and nothin is said. fu*k NY,theyve always been known to be puxxies you see how Pac punked them and fu*k Miami. Yall n*ggaz lame as hell. d!ck riding azz nuccaz. Wayne would never say fu*k Cali,Atlanta,or the Chi. Punk a.ss motherfu*ker should be a.ssassinated multiple times for ruining hiphop. He got no talent,never been a good rapper.
 02-20-2013, 11:58 PM         #9
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FoShizzle8 said:
just another example of society today.cant even have freedom of speech anymore without people cryin about some bullsh*t
Redrum741 gave props

02-21-2013, 12:01 AM         #10
Phillipmcd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wanye is gonna be like:

[pic - click to view]

02-21-2013, 12:13 AM         #11
DJ Kay Slay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FoShizzle8 said:
just another example of society today.cant even have freedom of speech anymore without people cryin about some bullsh*t
If that's you in that pic, I can already tell that you're a ****.

So good job with putting that grill in your mouth trying to look thuggish in your mom's bathroom.
 02-21-2013, 12:37 AM         #12
k3llz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
freedom of speech??? damn i hate people
 5 years ago '10        #13
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
talk reckless on the mic and be prepared for the consequences

RubbahBandMayn said:
RIP Emmett

peace to his fam

s7venwords said:

She was mos def strong for that.
 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM         #14
taskeen1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The thing is, I swear I've heard Lil Wayne use that Emmet Till or another Emmet Till line before

Last edited by taskeen1; 02-21-2013 at 12:58 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #15
Deuce Fortitude 178 heat pts178
space
space
$5,846 | Props total: 676 676
"On the plane scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till" -Kanye West
 5 years ago '12        #16
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,519 | Props total: 3162 3162
 Amen7 said:
Faggit deserves to have two bullets lodged in his temple. Never liked this sissified,sellout,skinny jeans wearing,skater wannabe.Oh well maybe he rides it to far in a construction area and flips off a clip. Punks like him deserved to be lynched and set a fire. He is one thee ugliest motherfukkers i have ever seen in my life and any female that sleeps with this chimpanzee lookin a.ss nucca deserves aids.

fu*k him and his f*g supportin azz fans. n*ggaz still support this queer after he french kissed birdman and Stevie J. Now if another rapper did it you'd say hes gay,but since wayne did it you punks say nothing you downlow homos. He direspects big cities like NY and Miami and nothin is said. fu*k NY,theyve always been known to be puxxies you see how Pac punked them and fu*k Miami. Yall n*ggaz lame as hell. d!ck riding azz nuccaz. Wayne would never say fu*k Cali,Atlanta,or the Chi. Punk a.ss motherfu*ker should be a.ssassinated multiple times for ruining hiphop. He got no talent,never been a good rapper.
 5 years ago '12        #17
SlimDunkin 1717 heat pts1717
space
space
$10,570 | Props total: 1616 1616
 s7venwords said:
 5 years ago '12        #18
Steelgrip 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,868 | Props total: 6131 6131
this is rap. most rappers are expected to write ignorant disrespectful sh*t

think i was hearing micheal jackson lines same year he passed. and the ray charles punch lines didnt stop when he died either

eminem's whole career consists of disrespectful rap

not to say i support anything wayne says or does.
 5 years ago '12        #19
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,519 | Props total: 3162 3162
 GeorgiaBoyTool said:
Did Wayne fu*k your wife too?
f*g name. Get a different email and start over.
 5 years ago '07        #20
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 FoShizzle8 said:
Lmao you said that like somebody is trying to prosecute him.This sh*t really has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
348 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy