Tupac's Videographer Says Suge Knight Wasn't Shot As Claimed, Details "7 Dayz" Documentary

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM         #1
9935 pageviews
67 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tupac's Videographer Says Suge Knight Wasn't Shot As Claimed, Details "7 Dayz" Documentary

Exclusive: Gobi M. Rahimi reveals some startling information surrounding the final days of Tupac's life, including Suge's imaginary bullet wound and Las Vegas Police's stunning indifference.

[pic - click to view]

by PAUL W ARNOLD
posted February 18, 2013 at 11:45AM

One of the few witnesses to Tupac Shakur’s struggle to survive for several days following the drive-by shooting that would eventually claim the now iconic actor/rapper’s life at the young age of 25 is contradicting a long-maintained claim by the former head of death Row Records, Marion “Suge” Knight, that the then Row CEO was also struck by a bullet in that attack, which is somehow still lodged in his head.

In the trailer to 7 Dayz, the forthcoming documentary from onetime Tupac videographer, Gobi M. Rahimi, the man ‘Pac agreed to let film what would be the final months of his life recalls in the immediate aftermath of that September 7, 1996 shooting, says he witnessed a nurse at University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nevada inform Suge Knight’s mother that her son “is fine,” as he was just cut by either flying glass or a piece of shrapnel and would require only stitches for his injuries.

“A little quick ultrasound would show whether he’s got a bullet or not in his skull,” Gobi told HipHopDX on Monday (February 11th) in response to Knight’s more dubious recollection of that event. “I just remember what I heard. So, unless they went in afterwards and they found a bullet … I’m just repeating what I heard her say.”

Some have theorized that Knight lied in interviews following the shooting regarding the extent of the injuries he sustained during the attack on Tupac to cover up his involvement in the murder of death Row’s then marquee artist.

[video - click to view]

Speaking to HipHopDX via phone while spending time with family in the South of France, the director of some of Tupac’s final music videos (“2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted,” “Made n*ggaz”) documented in detail the trauma-filled nights he spent alongside Gobi’s then girlfriend/production partner Tracy Robinson, ‘Pac’s aunt and a.ssistant Yaasmyn Fula, mother Afeni Shakur, longtime friend Molly Monjauze and proteges The Outlawz as the small but dedicated collective held vigil over the mortally wounded star in the waiting room of UMC’s emergency room.

“I was there for six of the seven nights, from 12 to 8 in the morning,” recalled Gobi. “Me and Noble [of the Outlawz] did the graveyard shift pretty much every night.”

Tupac’s videographer and one of his teenage pupils found themselves in the ill-equipped position of having to help guard, unarmed, their beloved leader due to death threats coming in to death Row Records warning that the perpetrators of the shooting were planning to come to the hospital to “finish him off,” combined with the apparent ineptitude on the part of death Row’s security arm, WrightWay.

“Frank Alexander... Couldn’t find him for a few days,” revealed Gobi. “Getting Kevin Hackie out there was difficult. He got stopped by Vegas P.D."

“After the first day they had a guy sitting outside [Tupac’s] door,” he added. “But, you know, being from [Suge’s] team – I guess he didn’t trust anyone. So, Yaasmyn Fula, Black Panther, the way she kinda was in the whole situation is that she wanted to make sure he was secure with people she trusted. And I think on the fifth or sixth night, the Fruit of Islam finally showed up and that’s kind of when I left. It was a day and a dollar too late. But, thankfully they got there. And it was almost like they were people she trusted. So, it seemed like it was finally secure, after five or six days of not knowing who we could trust.”

The paramilitary arm of the Nation of Islam previously provided security to Tupac in 1994 following his shooting at the Quad Recording Studios in New York City.

Prior to the F.O.I.’s arrival, Gobi personally phoned the Las Vegas Metro Police Department to attend to the threats still being made on Tupac as he lie unconscious in the hospital, but was met with surprising indifference towards protecting the life of one of the most popular recording artists in the world.

“I think the third or fourth night is when the marketing guy [from death Row] came up to me and was like, ‘They just called, the guys who shot him, they’re loading their guns, they’re gonna come and finish him off,’” recounted Gobi. “And I called Vegas P.D. I’m like, ‘Yo, they’re about to come take him out.’ And they were like, ‘Well, sir, there’s a foot patrolman in the hospital, if something should go down you can just get a hold of him.’”

The only hospital security seen by the man Tupac fondly dubbed “The Crazy Iranian” was one older Caucasian gentleman stationed in the corner of the ER waiting room.

“And when he heard me get off of that call,” remembered Gobi, “he was like, ‘I gotta tell you, that’s crazy. Last year, there was a rodeo star that broke his leg and they gave him four Winnebago’s for his family and he had like five or six policemen around the clock to guard him.’”

Luckily for the defenseless Gobi, the threats made against Tupac while he lay f!ghting for his life were never actually acted on. Unfortunately, the bullet lodged in ‘Pac’s right chest cavity was tragically taking care of the rapper for his then unidentified attackers, causing him to hemorrhage blood and forcing doctors to put him into a medically induced coma to take pressure off of his ravaged body.

Unlike onetime Tupac love interest and fellow artist Yo-Yo, who has previously claimed that she witnessed ‘Pac regain consciousness at one point after being stabilized by life support machines, Gobi revealed to DX that he never personally saw Tupac open his eyes.

“I only saw him on the fifth night, ‘cause I, for whatever reason, didn’t go in to see him,” he explained. “And then the nurse finally on the fifth night she was like, ‘Listen, you’ve been here all these nights, do you wanna go see him?’ And, he was out. He was cold. He was out.”

Gobi also did not personally see the valiant struggle Tupac waged against his own body to survive.

“I never witnessed it; the nurse came out and told me,” he explained. “She came out and she was like, ‘That ‘Pac of yours is a f!ghter, man. We almost lost him. We just got him back. I just gave him 500 cc’s of adrenaline.’”

“I personally didn’t think he would make it after hearing that he’d been shot,” continued Gobi, “only because twice through the same thing just seemed incomprehensible to me, for anyone to survive that. But, having said that, after three, four, five, six days, I was like, ‘Wow, maybe he is gonna survive.’ So I was shocked when I found out he passed.”

Gobi Recalls Tupac Having A Hard Time Getting Money From death Row

Gobi initially arrived in Las Vegas to celebrate Tracy Robinson’s September 7th birthday with Tupac, their partner in the then newly formed 24-7 Productions, and was waiting for ‘Pac to arrive for a post-f!ght performance at Suge Knight’s club, 662, when he got news of the shooting.

But while no footage was filmed by Gobi of Tupac while he was in Vegas, the current head of Static Free Films is in possession of plenty of film, photos and memories of the months leading up to ‘Pac’s passing, including recollections of the long-rumored battles the star waged with his notorious recording home.

“It seemed like [Tupac] always had a tough time getting his money,” recalled Gobi, “on a weekly basis. So, whether it was him or Yaasmyn Fula making the calls, there always seemed to be a struggle getting the loot. … A few times I heard Yaasmyn, a few times I heard him, just asking for his money.”

“They weren’t happy,” replied Gobi when asked if the calls he overheard were confrontational. “I think once even one of his Gridlock’d checks got sent to [the label], or death Row was asking for his acting checks to be sent to [them]. So he was a little [upset] about that as well.”

Battles between death Row and Tupac over ‘Pac’s acting proceeds were likely taking place due to the fact that the star of stage and screen’s income from films was far exceeding any amount of money he had received from his recording home. According to Gobi, 24-7 Productions was working to secure a three-picture deal for the budding actor a week before ‘Pac passed.

“Paramount and New Line at that point were both interested in doing a deal with him,” revealed Gobi. “And he had specific films that he wanted to do.”

One of the co-stars of the classic hood-film Menace II Society, MC Eiht, recently revealed to HipHopDX that New Line Cinema only green-lit the directorial debut of the Hughes brothers with the guarantee that the star of Juice and Poetic Justice would appear in their movie. According to Gobi, the studio that distributed Menace II Society still eagerly sought to work with Tupac even after he was, according to Eiht, essentially setup to fail by the Hughes brothers at portraying a gangbanger-turned-Muslim and subsequently fired from the film.

“He was bondable after Gridlock’d, so it was like everyone was coming after him,” revealed Gobi of the reasoning for the studios’ renewed interest in the often troublesome talent. “‘Pac was supposed to be in Higher Learning as well, but I think he had an issue with [John] Singleton at one point and he got dropped from that. But, ‘Pac was one of the hottest commodities at that point. There wasn’t anyone else that could fill those shoes.”

[pic - click to view]

Tupac's Videographer Says Suge Knight Wasn't Shot As Claimed, Details "7 Dayz" Documentary | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Last edited by s7venwords; 02-18-2013 at 02:18 PM..

67 comments for "Tupac's Videographer Says Suge Knight Wasn't Shot As Claimed, Details "7 Dayz" Documentary"

02-18-2013, 02:17 PM         #2
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Gobi Explains Current Standing With Tupac's Estate

Around the time Tupac was ascending into the actor stratosphere, he was also expanding his musical ambitions by attempting to repair his fractured relationship with East Coast Hip Hop fans by working with an all-star a.ssemblage of New York emcees for an audacious project he billed simply One Nation. And following him every step of the way in that reconciliatory process, cameras in tow, was Gobi.

And with so much valuable footage from the final months in the life of one of the most revered rappers of all time, thankfully for Gobi he doesn’t anticipate any encroachment on his intellectual property by the gatekeepers of Tupac’s legacy.

“Thus far I’ve had a decent relationship with the family and the estate, and hopefully it will remain that way,” he carefully replied when asked about any cease-and-desist concerns he might have.

As for funding concerns, Gobi a.ssured DX that he will utilize private financing to see to it that the documentary is still released if the current Kickstarter campaign for the film doesn’t meet its financing goal. He encourages Tupac supporters to still check out the campaign that is offering exclusive goodies, including never-before-released photos and video clips, in exchange for contributions to the film.

One of the initial respondents to Gobi’s Kickstarter post was none other than the legendary Chuck D. One of Tupac’s personal Hip Hop heroes has since agreed to narrate the documentary. Recently, the Public Enemy front-man took to Twitter to discuss the praise-filled letter sent to him by Tupac (but unfortunately failing to reach Chuck at the time) while the Westside rider was incarcerated in Dannemora, New York on s3xual abuse charges.

The most powerful baritone to ever breathe into a microphone will be heard guiding viewers through the “living documentary” Gobi initially set out to make on Tupac way back in 1996.

“I guess I wasn’t ready to delve into the world of ‘Pac,” replied Gobi when asked about the long delay of the doc. “It’s a sensitive area. And, I guess I just wanted to wait until the right time, and it just seemed like now is the right time to tell that story.

“I think it’s the one area that has not been covered adequately on a human level,” he added about Tupac’s final months, “not a sensationalist level. I wanna share more about who he really was above and beyond the artist, and hopefully show aspects of him that have not been exposed completely or enough in other docs. I just think there was a lot more to him …. I think there are enough stories that have not been told that could conceivably be told in this doc. And I think it’s worth a shot.”

But following in the footsteps of Frank Alexander by releasing a book (Gobi’s 2005 ‘Pac photo journal, Thru My Eyes) and now a film will undoubtedly raise the eyebrows of those who might view the motives of another Tupac a.ssociate as less than genuine.

“My intentions as far as I’m concerned are honorable with this,” Gobi declared to any detractors. “I just wanna, again, try to share some stories that have not been shared.”

“People say feeding off of the dead,” he added in response to the “vulture” label that has been a.ssigned to many of the ‘Pac profiteers of recent years. “They say history is written by great people’s contemporaries. I just happened to be there. And, if I can share stuff with you and with fans, or have other people share stuff who [actually knew Tupac], then we have a hand in adding to the legacy. Why is that a bad thing? He would have wanted that. He absolutely would have wanted that. He left me with a treasure chest of stuff and I guarantee you he would be mad at me if I didn’t tell whatever stories that I had. That’s what I was battling with for so long [that delayed this.] I don’t think he would be mad at it, so I don’t see why anyone else would be mad.”

7 Dayz is tentatively slated for release on what would have been Tupac’s 42nd birthday, June 16, 2013.

02-18-2013, 02:30 PM         #3
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So,will it show those last days that Pac lived?
 5 years ago '06        #4
*MOB*STAR* 44 heat pts44
space
space
$4,460 | Props total: 9 9
A piece of glass cut that n*gga head I thought

P.S. didn't read
 5 years ago '13        #5
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38335 38335
Suge wasnt shot, but a bulleit did graze him or yes it cud have been a piece of glass

He said he had been shot to make himself seem "unbreakable" and to keep his gangsta allure alive, it was a nice markerting ploy by Suge on a street level and also on a mainstream media level

What is crazy is how lucky Suge was to survive that shooting, the odds were stacked against him, the car was riddled with bulliets, even though he was on the passenger side, it wud only take one shot to reach him and end his life

Pac basically saved Suges life by trying to jump in the back seat, he sheilded Suges body, Suge was trying to get Pac to stay down, but made a fatal mistake trying and get away from the shots, instead he shud have put his head onto his knees

This Gobi guy is trying ti imply Suge had Pac k!lled, which i find lame, u dont sit in a car while 13 - 14 shots are fired randomly all over ur ride, try it and see how it works out for u...
 02-18-2013, 02:39 PM         #6
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
I hope so, might shed some light as to what really happened ( meaning who was responsible for the shooting).
 5 years ago '13        #7
space
space
Whats crazy to me is Pac was still alive after that shooting and talking, and i didnt know the coma was medically induced..wonder if the feds came in and off'ed him by overdosing him
 02-18-2013, 03:08 PM         #8
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Whats crazy to me is Pac was still alive after that shooting and talking, and i didnt know the coma was medically induced..wonder if the feds came in and off'ed him by overdosing him
, see people never think that the Government was watching Pac...... they were cause they knew he had political aspirations as he said in his last interview.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #9
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,199 | Props total: 1612 1612
Is this news ? Suge said 14 years ago he got grased by a bullet as he ducked down to shield Pac.
 5 years ago '09        #10
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
Still going with suge Planning this....it was an execution
 5 years ago '04        #11
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,387 | Props total: 29547 29547
^he couldve just wacked him im cali... i still dont understand why people think suge did that...sure he probably owed pac a grip but lets be real...
 5 years ago '12        #12
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,513 | Props total: 3155 3155
 Dos-effect said:
No. Read the shyt.

HipHopFactz said:
This Gobi guy is trying ti imply Suge had Pac k!lled, which i find lame, u dont sit in a car while 13 - 14 shots are fired randomly all over ur ride, try it and see how it works out for u...
No, no he isn't. Fukc is wrong with you n*ggas?
[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #13
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,513 | Props total: 3155 3155
Timing is suspect though. Why now? If you n*ggas have any street smarts, you already know everyone acts in their best interests, no matter how they try and G you.
 5 years ago '10        #14
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,647 | Props total: 4473 4473
to this day I dont understand how suge walked out of this skipping while 2pac entered his final moments on earth
 5 years ago '07        #15
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,462 | Props total: 14908 14908
 HipHopFactz said:
with his moms and people there doubt it
 5 years ago '07        #16
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
to this day I dont understand how suge walked out of this skipping while 2pac entered his final moments on earth
depend on who doing the shooting
 5 years ago '13        #17
space
space
 illmatic826 said:
Even as a child i had always thought.....

Why didnt suge just open his car door so they both could fall out and duck down or run thru the cars that were parked in a red light.

Why did Suge tell all of his body guards to show up in vegas unarmed?

Pac was probably trying to slip out of the driver side back door... then Suge held him there to prevent from getting shot himself.

If pac was alive and talking after being shot up......

how come he wasnt talking to any one before being put into acoma no drs, nurses no request or anything.

No one ever brings up the fact that he wanted to leave DR and that thet were raping him out of cash David Kenner was HIS AND death Rows Lawyer all kinds of BS was going on over there
You cant carry firearma in Vegas, nobody back den wud think u cud wacked on the strip. Even when Pac and Suge went to NY they werent carrying any heat.

When ur gettin shot at all logic goes out of the window, they were caught unexpectedly, you can't predict ur reactions, opening car doors and ducking and all that sh*t might happen in movies, but in reality, everything happened in a split second, u have no time to think, unless ur trained for that type of situation. Pac was a rapper, Suge was a ceo, they werent the Seal Team 6

Nobody know if Pac wanted to leave DR, he however was having issues with his paper, all of which cud easily be worked out

Pac trying to jump into the driver seat is why the bulliets bounched up into his lung, Suge trying to hold him down was the right thing to do, Pac made a fatal mistake trying to get up and move out the way. If i was in a ride and in that same situation and my brother was beside me, i would do my best to try and make him duck low. Trying to jump in the backseat made him a easier target

The people shooting were not trained professionals, they missed 80% of the shots they fired, the fact that Pac survived shows u how terrible they were.
 5 years ago '13        #18
space
space
 timdog said:
with his moms and people there doubt it
i'm sure they cud have some docs and nurses on the payrolla, we dont know what type of medication was being given or what happened on the operating table

all we know he was talking and then the docs decided to put him in a medical induced coma and then he never woke up

but who really knows though,

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 02-18-2013 at 04:49 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #19
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
 Carlton Black said:
question for anyone on here...if you're gonna order a hit on someone...would you have the shooters shoot at the n*gga you want k!lled in YOUR car while YOU'RE present again while being inches away from the intended target?

like Suge has said before,he's crazy but not stupid.
if the person doing the shooting know what they doing
 5 years ago '07        #20
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
i'm sure they cud have some docs and nurses on the payrolla, we dont know what type of medication was being given or what happened on the operating table

all we know he was talking and then the docs decided to put him in a medical induced coma and then he never woke up

not with his people around stop

she dont trust the law as it is

you dont think she wasnt on top of things

and lets say for instance if that might have happened she has never mentioned nothing about that happening and this the same lady who beat a case on her as black panther
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy