The Official 2013 NFL Combine Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
250 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,943 | Props total: 8808 8808
I think Keenan Allen can be a great player if he goes somewhere with a reliable qb
 5 years ago '04        #22
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101 OP
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
Updated it with the news that Eddie Lacy will not participate in the workouts.

Will any running backs actually be picked in the first round this year?
 5 years ago '11        #23
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,943 | Props total: 8808 8808
 lilsnatch770 said:

I could see Gio Bernard getting picked late first if he has an exceptional combine
 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM         #24
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:

Indy could draft Gio not a lot of em separating themselves as can't miss but if one of em has a great combine/pro day someone might grab one. Just don't see it with most of those teams late in the 1st.
 5 years ago '05        #25
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
In!

First time in a few years the Raiders have a 1st round pick. I'm going to watch the sh*t out of the combine.
 5 years ago '06        #26
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,547 | Props total: 203 203
 young clyde said:
I think the WRs are a bit overhyped. I'm hoping Vaccaro falls to 16.
all of em are except patterson. Vaccaro, reid, elam etc should all be avail. we could grab one of em in the 2nd. not vaccaro but he could prob be there for our 2nd pick in the first
 5 years ago '06        #27
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:

prob not. lacey or giovanni are the only ones that could. all i know is i want Le'veon Bell in the 3rd. dude will be a star. hes steven jackson without dreads. not a blocker like sjax, but that can come
 02-18-2013, 05:16 PM         #28
Jim Grim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant wait
 5 years ago '12        #29
Cloud 420 85 heat pts85
space
space
$19,772 | Props total: 18383 18383
 s7venwords said:
Posted 2 hours ago
By:Tim Twentyman

Detroitlions.com lead writer Tim Twentyman takes a look at offensive line prospects slated to work out at the NFL Scouting Combine
The Detroit Lionsí offensive line is going to look different in 2013.

Right guard Stephen Peterman is no longer on the team. Center Dominic Raiola recently restructured his contract and will likely have to make the team in the fall to continue his 13th season in Detroit. Left tackle Jeff Backus hasnít decided on his future yet Ė though heís been around the practice facility quite a bit this offseason Ė and right tackle Gosder Cherilus is an unrestricted free agent beginning March 12.

There are young players waiting in the wings for the Lions and it seems their time for the spotlight is fast approaching. Players like Riley Reiff, Bill Nagy and Jason Fox will all challenge for playing time in training camp.

Could there be another name added to this list? Maybe a rookie?

It just so happens that this year's crop of offensive linemen are the first group up at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis starting Thursday.

Thereís top-end talent at both tackle and guard in this draft, and the Lions could find themselves with a decision to make with the No. 5 overall pick in Aprilís NFL Draft.

The team needs playmakers on defense, but they also need to bolster their offensive line to protect franchise quarterback Matthew Stafford and better run the football.

Decisions. Decisions.

Hereís a look at some of the offensive line talent thatíll be on display in Indy this week.

Luke Joeckel, tackle, 6-6, 310, Texas A&M

Best trait: Technique

Concerns: Strength

The skinny: Joeckel is the best tackle prospect in the draft and could go as high as No. 1 overall to the Chiefs. Heís technically sound and played very well against some of the best edge rushers in college. Heís an immediate starter at left tackle and a cornerstone. If he were to fall to No. 5 Ė which isnít likely Ė his selection could allow the Lions to move Reiff to the right side and theyíd have two young bookend tackles for the foreseeable future.

[pic - click to view]

Chance Warmack, guard, 6-3, 320, Alabama

Best trait: Strength at the point of attack

Concern: Speed

The skinny: Some draft analysts have given Warmack the highest grade of any prospect in the draft. Heís a dominating run blocker who helped former Alabama running back Mark Ingram win the Heisman trophy, Trent Richardson be a top 5 pick last year and Eddie Lacy be a likely first-round pick this April. Heís a starting guard in the NFL for the next 10 years. Is No. 5 too high to choose a guard, though? Even one as talented as Warmack?

[pic - click to view]

Eric Fisher, tackle, 6-8, 305, Central Michigan

Best trait: Athleticism

Concern: Needs to add strength and weight to frame

The skinny: The former tight end didnít lose much of his athleticism when he made the switch to tackle. Heís got terrific feet and was by far the top performer at the Senior Bowl last month. Like Joeckel, heís an immediate starter as a rookie. Heís also a local kid from Rochester.

[pic - click to view]

Jonathan Cooper, guard, 6-3, 310, North Carolina

Best trait: Athleticism

Concern: Doesnít have elite size for position

The skinny: Cooper is an athletic guard with quick feet and a powerful lower body. He was good in both run blocking and pass protection at the Senior Bowl and was easily the best interior linemen prospect in Mobile for the week. Moves very well for his size.

[pic - click to view]

Lane Johnson, tackle, 6-7, 303, Oklahoma

Best trait: Foot quickness

Concern: Has to get stronger

The skinny: Like Fisher, Johnson is a converted tight end made tackle. Those kind of players tend to have very good success against speed rushers because of their athleticism, but also tend to be on the lighter side and susceptible to the bull rush against stronger defensive ends until they add sufficient weight and strength to their frame. Johnson was very good at the Senior Bowl, but he hasnít been playing the position very long, so thereís still a learning curve there.

[pic - click to view]

D.J. Fluker, tackle, 6-6, 335, Alabama

Best trait: Elite size and strength

Concern: Not great athlete

The skinny: A mammoth right tackle with elite size and strength. Heís terrific as a run blocker and his shear size makes it hard for rushers to disengage from him. Speed rushers in space appear to have more luck getting past Fluker.

[pic - click to view]

Barrett Jones, center/guard, 6-5, 302, Alabama

Best trait: Versatility

Concern: Durability

The skinny: He played all three positions along the Alabama offensive line, helping the Tide to three National Championships in the last four seasons. Jones is a high-character guy who looks like he can play guard or center for the next 10 years in the NFL. The Lions are looking for Raiolaís eventual replacement and the second round could be an option for Jones -- if he's there.

[pic - click to view]

Larry Warford, guard, 6-3, 333, Kentucky

Best trait: Size

Concern: Reaction time

The skinny: Warford has great size and shows uncharacteristically quick feet for a player his size. He shows good technique, but isnít as dominate a run blocker, as his size would suggest.

[pic - click to view]

Travis Frederick, center, 6-4, 338, Wisconsin

Best trait: Hands

Concern: Quickness

The skinny: Frederick has experience at both center and guard and uses his hands very well to manipulate defenders. He has a terrific combination of elite size and terrific technique. Thatíll make his a solid pro.

[pic - click to view]

If Joeckel doesn't fall to 5 then that means we need to go defense. Hell we just drafted Reif.
 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM         #30
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everybody is sleeping on justin hunter...

I hope he continues to fly under the raider so we can scoop him up.
 02-18-2013, 05:23 PM         #31
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 layzie8171 said:
prob not. lacey or giovanni are the only ones that could. all i know is i want Le'veon Bell in the 3rd. dude will be a star. hes steven jackson without dreads. not a blocker like sjax, but that can come
Only thing that worries me about green is that he has a lot of wear and tear and doesn't look like to have explosiveness.
 5 years ago '06        #32
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,985 | Props total: 10647 10647
Man a few months ago I saw Patterson going 20th or somethin was hoping Wed trade up and get him
I know we ain't going wr but still was wishing
 5 years ago '09        #33
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,654 | Props total: 2764 2764
Damn, beat me to it, I done made this thread the last 2 combines, but I won't be able to catch a lot of it because I work 1st shift, but I do want to see the LBs and DBs, because the Bengals need some help on Defense.
 5 years ago '04        #34
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,411 | Props total: 13071 13071
 ReggieA said:
Damn, beat me to it, I done made this thread the last 2 combines, but I won't be able to catch a lot of it because I work 1st shift, but I do want to see the LBs and DBs, because the Bengals need some help on Defense.
Cincy's D is that bad? (Looking into the future I mean). Hmm... I guess I should watch them more.
 5 years ago '06        #35
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
 Ca$h Out said:
Only thing that worries me about green is that he has a lot of wear and tear and doesn't look like to have explosiveness.
green? u mean bell? but for his size at 240+ dude is as quick as steven coming into the draft. he carries his weight very good. tremendous athleticism for his size. he might even lose some weight and end up running a 4.5 or below, which would be great if he comes in weighing 235+
 5 years ago '09        #36
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
 regularjoe said:
Cincy's D is that bad? (Looking into the future I mean). Hmm... I guess I should watch them more.
D-Line is str8, as long as everyone stays signed, linebackers are mehh, Vontez will turn out to be a good LB, as long as he stays out of trouble, Rey Malaluga, he is not that good of a LB in space, he can stop the run, but other than that, he can't cover or make plays in space, Manny Lawson is good, but for the money he is getting paid, he is like a temporary fix. Secondary is so fu*ked up, Taylor Mayes was a huge mistake, Nate Clements is old, Terrance Newman is just no good, Leon Hall is aite, Reggie Nelson is aite, Dre Kirpatrick, he was hurt majority of his rookie year, so I have yet to see his potential.
 5 years ago '09        #37
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
 ThaReapa420 said:
Sounds like things 49ers fans were all saying during the...2010 season I think it was...may have been 2009 when we had all 3 of them together lol
The only reason the Bengals got Mayes, is because Zimmer the DC used to be a defensive backs coach, and he has an interest to rehab defensive backs, Pacman Jones, Nate Clements, Terrance Newmann, Taylor Mayes.
 5 years ago '12        #38
JBAL NY 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,563 | Props total: 1786 1786
Geno needs to k!ll it so we can have some hope for a QB

Wanna see the WRs too
 5 years ago '06        #39
Clyde 1193 heat pts1193
space
space
$33,877 | Props total: 21156 21156
 layzie8171 said:
all of em are except patterson. Vaccaro, reid, elam etc should all be avail. we could grab one of em in the 2nd. not vaccaro but he could prob be there for our 2nd pick in the first
Hell yeah, if Patterson's there we swoop him up immediately. Not sold on Allen though after last season, or anyone else projected to go mid-late 1st round
 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM         #40
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 young clyde said:
Hell yeah, if Patterson's there we swoop him up immediately. Not sold on Allen though after last season, or anyone else projected to go mid-late 1st round
Allen is gonna be really good imo. He had a sh*tty QB last season but he's a really good route runner with really good hands. His speed isn't gamebreaking but he can create separation.

Patterson has that Julio Jones explosiveness though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago