Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #281
Free Trotty 352 heat pts352
space
space
$10,128 | Props total: 4053 4053
Dudes 25+ still dressing for women approval?
 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM         #282
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t i dress to impress myself, looking in the mirror and knowing you look good/respectable n all that sh*t makes you feel like a king

Maybe its just my ego, but if you are confident n know you look good most other ppl are gonna feel the same way because of the vibe u pull off with ur outfit
 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM         #283
Dream914 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Umm ... its more about how you put yourself together ... I mean, I make almost anything look good(cloths don't make the man or whatever) but I would be lying to myself if I said I didnt do it for the females. But yeah doe the OP made some vaild points in here. And the team jordans got me weak .
 5 years ago '05        #284
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
n*ggaS IN HERE GETTIN MAD ABOUT WHAT ANOTHER MAN WEARS THOUGH??

where dey do dat at?
 5 years ago '07        #285
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
word

n*ggas that rock sh*t like this thinking they flea

Adewale said:
All Star

[pic - click to view]

02-26-2013, 02:59 PM         #286
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
Your post reeks of ignorance.

The world is based off of first impressions.

People will judge you before you get a chance to introduce yourself to them.

Men still hold all of the positions of power on this planet.

If you believe power resides in having s3x with women, then you are clearly in a world of denial.

OP will give you the basis for many opportunities.

In other words, fewer people will shut the door in your face.

This is the problem with young people today. You think you know how things work after you've received your first lick.

You don't.

Be receptive. Even if you don't agree.

Time will tell when it's all said and done for.

You're very wrong my friend. Allow me school to you on something...

A few years back, when I first started coming into serious money in my career, I went at a few people in this very forum for buying Nike kicks, while pointing out the negative connotation it carried with rich people.. placing mundane emphasis on overmatching outfits, just like you're doing.

then I slowly started to realize that I was being an idiot.

I realized this when many new coworkers at my company (all professionals making 6 figures annually such as myself) dressed (in their spare time) in the same style that you're criticizing in here.

My opinion is my opinion, yours is yours. Live and let live my n*gga. Wear what you like and let people wear what they want. Opinions aren't facts.... and imposing yours on folks only makes YOU look uncultured.

Last edited by kk504; 02-26-2013 at 03:21 PM..
 02-26-2013, 03:15 PM         #287
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My boss is a rich white man, who wears walmart tees, timex watches, wrangler jeans and brahma boots in his spare time.

But he makes close to a million dollars annually, drives a Maserati and his wife is a certified dime piece.

If anything, worry about your education matching up with the kind of pay you'd like, or at the very least, set attainable GOALS to make money legally and complete them.

THOSE will get you where you wanna go in life. What you wear along the way (excluding work wear) is irrelevant and holds no weight whatsoever in how far you'll make it.
 5 years ago '04        #288
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,974 | Props total: 3471 3471
 kk504 said:

A few years back, when I first started coming into serious money in my career, I went at a few people in this very forum for buying Nike kicks, while pointing out the negative connotation it carried with rich people.. placing mundane emphasis on overmatching outfits, just like you're doing.

I realized this when many new coworkers at my company (all professionals making 6 figures annually such as myself) dressed (in their spare time) in the same style that you're criticizing in here.

My opinion is my opinion, yours is yours. Live and let live my n*gga. Wear what you like and let people wear what they want. Opinions aren't facts.... and imposing yours on folks only makes YOU look uncultured.
 kk504 said:
My boss is a rich white man, who wears walmart tees, timex watches, wrangler jeans and brahma boots in his spare time.

But he makes close to a million dollars annually, drives a Maserati and his wife is a certified dime piece.

If anything, worry about your education matching up with the kind of pay you'd like, or at the very least, set attainable GOALS to make money legally and complete them.

THOSE will get you where you wanna go in life. What you wear along the way (excluding work wear) is irrelevant and holds no weight whatsoever in how far you'll make it.
 5 years ago '10        #289
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676 OP
space
space
$30,734 | Props total: 19632 19632
 kk504 said:

What you said has no relation any of the points I've made. Wow.

Just wow.
 5 years ago '10        #290
space
space
 kk504 said:

There's a key word here.

Boss.

If you're self employed and are living wealthy, then I honestly don't even know why you're on boxden.

In other words, you're probably doing whatever you want to do with your money right now.
 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM         #291
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
What you said has no relation any of the points I've made. Wow.

Just wow.
 Hovi Bryant said:
Your post reeks of ignorance.

The world is based off of first impressions.

People will judge you before you get a chance to introduce yourself to them.

Men still hold all of the positions of power on this planet.

If you believe power resides in having s3x with women, then you are clearly in a world of denial.

OP will give you the basis for many opportunities.

In other words, fewer people will shut the door in your face.

This is the problem with young people today. You think you know how things work after you've received your first lick.

You don't.

Be receptive. Even if you don't agree.

Time will tell when it's all said and done for.
^^Look at what you wrote....

What I did and what you're doing have everything in common...

They evoke this, holier than thou, "IF you dress differently, you will have success" facade that just isn't true.

So if it isn't financial or professional gains that you speak of, then what is it????

Spiritual gains??? you really think clothing speaks to the SPIRIT???

Moral gains?? What gives you the right, as a mere mortal, to choose how people should or shouldn't dress? You aren't god.

Enlightenment??? From matching a tee to some shoes? really??? REALLY???

02-26-2013, 03:45 PM         #292
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
There's a key word here.

Boss.

If you're self employed and are living wealthy, then I honestly don't even know why you're on boxden.

In other words, you're probably doing whatever you want to do with your money right now.
You OBVIOUSLY missed that part where I said we ALL make 6 figures annually and ALL dress how we please.

BIG difference.

The way my coworkers dress hasn't stopped them from getting to where they want.

We have folks in this forum who dress "overly matchy" who ARE their own bosses, making alot of money annually.

But what do I know... I drive a 2012 x5....

whoa is me, what is I gone do?
 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM         #293
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Over here trying to find some correlation between clothes, matching and success...

I guess you've never seen Bill Gates and Steve Jobs (R.I.P) before have you???

Talkin about "if you don't dress well, you won't have success". TF kinda banana nut fru fru biscuits were you fed as a baby???

Last edited by kk504; 02-26-2013 at 04:41 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #294
Wondah_Woman 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,025 | Props total: 6176 6176
 S0ap said:
I like where this thread is going.

I have a few tips I learned that some people may not know:

• Can't tell if your shirt fits you? Here's the trick: that seam where your sleeve starts should be exactly where your should ends. If the seam droops down go a size down, if its before go a size up.

• Sometimes its not just about the color, but the fabric also. Example: denim and chambray button downs are cool and all, but wearing them with jeans sometimes just makes you look like your wearing a Canadian tuxedo. Try some khakis or other slacks to give your outfit some balance.

• Shoes don't always have to be the main attraction. A simple sneaker like chucks/vans or some loafers can do just as much for an outfit as a pair of $200 kicks. If you have to rely on your shoes to get your outfit some attention, why even care what you wear? You probably could of worn anything and still have gotten a compliment on your shoes.

• Labels don't make the outfit. Just because you're wearing an expensive high-fashion brand doesn't make what you're wearing any better than the next man. I'm not against designer brands, good quality costs extra dough I know that. I'm just saying I think brand names on the clothes or logos on the clothes take away from what you're wearing. It no longer is about the look of the clothes, but how trendy the brand is. Other than some of my shoes I don't wear any labels on my clothes. Whenever I get compliments its because I look good, not because what I'm wearing is trendy at the moment.

That's all I got for right now, I might come up with more later.
Denim on denim can be dope if you do it right. You just can't go out looking like you're about to rope a steer. It's a fine line
 5 years ago '10        #295
space
space
 kk504 said:
^^Look at what you wrote....

What I did and what you're doing have everything in common...

They evoke this, holier than thou, "IF you dress differently, you will have success" facade that just isn't true.

So if it isn't financial or professional gains that you speak of, then what is it????

Spiritual gains??? you really think clothing speaks to the SPIRIT???

Moral gains?? What gives you the right, as a mere mortal, to choose how people should or shouldn't dress? You aren't god.

Enlightenment??? From matching a tee to some shoes? really??? REALLY???

Well, it isn't a facade. Do you have any proof of this?

Facts to back up your claims? I can easily edit the OP with info that would k!ll your whole argument.

I swear most of you guys are getting really defensive for some of the most cliche and naive excuses in the world.
 5 years ago '10        #296
space
space
 kk504 said:
You OBVIOUSLY missed that part where I said we ALL make 6 figures annually and ALL dress how we please.

BIG difference.

The way my coworkers dress hasn't stopped them from getting to where they want.

We have folks in this forum who dress "overly matchy" who ARE their own bosses, making alot of money annually.

But what do I know... I drive a 2012 x5....

whoa is me, what is I gone do?
Your sample size is ridiculously small and biased on many fronts.

A couple of questions.

Do you follow any rules when dressing for formal events? Interviews? Places that don't require dress code?

If you do, then you're playing yourself disagreeing with the OP.
 5 years ago '10        #297
space
space
 kk504 said:
Over here trying to find some correlation between clothes, matching and success...

I guess you've never seen Bill Gates and Steve Jobs (R.I.P) before have you???

Talkin about "if you don't dress well, you won't have success". TF kinda banana nut fru fru biscuits were you fed as a baby???
There's a thing called first impression.

And nobody here besides most of the crybabies here want to make a direct co-relation with impressions and success.

Because most people are just eyesores. Period.

I'm tired of being out in public and seeing young and some older people with no sense of coordination.

If you want to wear some stupid trend clothes in public, at least get the colors right.
 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM         #298
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
There's a thing called first impression.

And nobody here besides most of the crybabies here want to make a direct co-relation with impressions and success.

Because most people are just eyesores. Period.

I'm tired of being out in public and seeing young and some older people with no sense of coordination.

If you want to wear some stupid trend clothes in public, at least get the colors right.
Translation: "I wanna play god"

Let people dress however they please... worry about YOU.

It's one thing to be stylish and offer tips to those who want them. It's another to make a thread with a bold title like "Many of us don't know how to dress" while bashing other's personal style and using prejudice terms like "eye soars"... when ultimately, style is subjective, and yours will never be the end all, be all.

Furthermore, success is never judged by what you wear, but rather what you have...

And i'm sure even you know that one should never, EVER judge a book by it's cover.

Because I know alot of stylish people with an excellent eye for coordination who are dead broke.
 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM         #299
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 castro13 said:
thats the thing though. who are you again?

"I'm gon worry bout me, give a fu*k about you"..
 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM         #300
kk504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 specialk103185 said:
one of the realest posts in this thread--which im surprised has gone on this long.
It's gone on this long because Hovi Bryant is superficial as fu*k and doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy