Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
13 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #161
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474 OP
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
 knowlege bass said:
This time of year always has a bunch of R.I.P's......crazy. People want their rappers to live what they rhyme and if they really do, then the outcome is usually death or prison...it is what it is. I see it as wasted talent and wasted lives. R.I.P Big L, "Ebonics" and "Devils Son" are my joints.
big l was never a street n*gga his brother even said that
 4 years ago '10        #162
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,870 | Props total: 8997 8997
Gerald Woodley left Harlem and was never seen again after that
Damn, not too many times someone can get out scott free and not face street retaliation. I bet he's somewhere down south to this day
 4 years ago '07        #163
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 sOurxd i e s e said:
Never liked how cam, hov, fat joe and others that were fu*kin with L never gave him any shout outs or RIPs when they blew up.... especially joe and cam.
Joey Crack always bigs up Big L

Curtisimo said:
n*gga please Ebonics wasnt that big of a record Big l buzz wasn't even as big as Canibus buzz back then

n*gga put 2 rappers on (Cam and Mase)

And they both got platinum and and gold plaques before his death

Some rappers aren't meant to blow Big l was one of them
With all due respect shut da fu*k up.....It wasn't his time just like stacks or any rapper that passed too early...you do know ye was ghost producing for Ddot back since like 98 and he didnt blow till 04....Look and garbage a.ss 2chainz he eventually blew cus hes dedicated to the music....Big L would of certainly blew especially with the Roc-A-Fella cosign he fu*ked with dame heavy the same way cam does which is why they would of figured something out...Cam had that same ambition and started diplomat records and signed everybody under him

TheMindOf said:

You know how these n*ggas be

If Big L never died he would have been the "GOAT" even though when he was alive his buzz wasn't even crazy like that.

If Tupac never died he would have been Will Smith status even though his best roles came years before he died, and his last films were B movie flops (Bullet, Gridlock'd, Gang Related).

If Biggie never died, he would be Jay-Z and it would have been him and Faith Evans at the Presidential Inauguration

Your a jay-z stan so with all due respect go eat a d!ck..and its factual that Big would of had a strong hold on the game....son was too charismatic and lyrically inclined not to let it go....would he have shared it with someone else hell yeah he did with Pac and pac was a fu*kin force that had hollywood behind him
 4 years ago '11        #164
epik93 
space
space
$463 | Props total: 156 156
He'll be at maybe between nas and papoose status. Maybe at raekwon status
 4 years ago '12        #165
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
 TheMindOf said:
If he was around, he'd be a washed up punchline rapper from the 90's... Be real with yourself
this.
 4 years ago '07        #166
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 epik93 said:
He'll be at maybe between nas and papoose status. Maybe at raekwon status
Raekwon is something I could see cus Rae does not change his format for commercial success or even a ghostface

or he could of went from Murda Mase to Bad Boy Mase to sell its one of those things we would never know but I think he would of figured it out
 4 years ago '05        #167
Clutch City Kid 138 heat pts138
space
space
$28,236 | Props total: 28644 28644
 TheMindOf said:
If he was around, he'd be a washed up punchline rapper from the 90's... Be real with yourself

4 years ago '08        #168
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,745 | Props total: 12170 12170
That n*gga wasn't even that nice to me. ALways felt like he got more shine because he died rather than his music. I know imma catch shade, its cool I'm built for it but that still don't change the fact I thought a lot of his music was buns.
 4 years ago '13        #169
PrincessCadance 
space
space
$2,422 | Props total: 1589 1589
Damn shame man. But then again it seems the n*ggas who'll k!ll you more likely are the n*ggas closest to you.

But on Big L's status & such if he lived, I'm a n*gga with a pink unicorn avatar on a hip hop site, so my opinion may not count for much, but fu*k it, here goes:

Big L, if you ask me, would've been Harlem's answer to Canibus, current day Raekwon, current day Inspectah Deck or Papoose with more respect & somewhat better lines than both these days. Or for better reference, one of the many Dipset artists (can ya name 'em all?) Don't get me wrong, he's dope, but I think in a climate of changing trends & such, Big L would've been one of those underground legends & such you hear about often. Dude would prolly still drop albums & possibly work with Gangstarr, Jedi Mind Tricks, Demigodz, etc & even hook with Dipset & possibly trade bars with G-Unit members. But I'd say his fandom would mostly be to an UG level.

As for skills, not trying to agree here, but TheMindOf does have a point somewhat. Rappers, especially mixtape & underground ones would've picked up the pace on the lyrics portions, finding ways to stand out, whether it's a dope voice (Celph Titled, Apathy), insane lyrical ability on an extreme level (Pharaohe Monch, Esoteric, Inspectah Deck), controversial topics (Immortal Technique, Lost Children of Babylon) or all of the above.

And I think in all this, Big L would've eventually faded into the background as one of those 90s forefathers who gets shouted out in songs but not really remembered all that fondly. Not to intend disrespect, but stating an opinion here. I think after a point, his pen would've dulled somewhat.

For reference, look at AZ. AZ, in most people's eyes, was like Nas Jr. Look at AZ's career vs Nas's: Nas can at least still get in the spotlight & STILL spit it real, but AZ, while still spitting it real, hasn't reached that level of commercial success for the longest. I'm not taking away from his skills, just putting the fact here.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
34 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
20 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
213 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
128 comments
18 hours ago