LeBron disagrees with Jordan

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
7609 pageviews
114 comments

Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 2551 2551
LeBron disagrees with Jordan

LeBron say its unfair to be judge by titles
HOUSTON -- LeBron James respects his elders among the NBA's greatest players of all time. Right now, he just doesn't agree with two of them: Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson.

In a week dominated by league-wide debate and comparisons between James and Jordan (who will turn 50 on Sunday), James fired back again regarding Jordan's claim he'd pick Kobe Bryant as the NBA's best player.

Speaking with reporters during Friday's All-Star media day, James said he doesn't believe championships should always be the key factor in deciding comparative greatness.

"(Jordan) said he would take Kobe over me because ... five rings are better than one, and the last time he checked, five is better than one," James said. "At the end of the day, rings don't always define someone's career. If that's the case, then I'd sit up here and say I would take (Bill) Russell over Jordan. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take Russell over Jordan. Russell has 11 rings, Jordan has six. I wouldn't do that."

James won his first championship with the Heat last season while Bryant has won five with the Los Angeles Lakers. Friday's response from James came after Jordan initially said during an interview with NBA TV that he'd have a tough time deciding between Bryant and James.

"Five beats one every time I look at it," Jordan told the league network of how he ultimately broke down the James-Bryant debate. "And not that (James) won't get five. He may get more than that, but five is bigger than one."

Earlier in the week, Johnson issued some statements on his Twitter account in which he sided with Jordan in comparisons with James as the better individual player.

"Easy answer MJ all day, every day!" he tweeted.

In a follow-up post, Johnson tweeted: "If MJ and LeBron played 1-on-1 10 times, MJ would win all 10. MJ is the ultimate 1-on-1 player!"

James has been peppered with questions all week about comments made by two of the players he idolized growing up.

At first, James lightly dismissed the criticism and tried to change the conversation with his play on the court during one of the most productive stretches of his career. James guided the Heat on a seven-game winning streak leading into the All-Star break, which featured an NBA-record six consecutive games when he scored at least 30 points and shot at least 60 percent from the field.

But when he again faced questions about Jordan's comments during Friday's media session in advance of Sunday's All-Star Game, James seemed annoyed at times.

"I don't play the game and try to define who I am over what guys say or how they feel about me," James said. "It doesn't matter to me. I play for my family, for my teammates, for my coaching staff and I play for our fans, and that's it. What do I need bulletin board material for? My inspiration is the game I love. I don't need nobody to pick me or not."

Taking Jordan's notion to task a bit further, James then rattled off a list of mostly role players on championships teams who ended up with more titles than marquee stars who never won at the highest level.

"Jud Buechler has multiple rings. Charles Barkley doesn't have one ring. He's not better than Charles Barkley," James said of Buechler, who won titles alongside Jordan with the Bulls in the late 1990s. "Patrick Ewing is one of the greatest of all time. Reggie Miller is one of the greatest of all time. Sometimes, it's the situation you're in, the team you're (on) and the timing as well."

[pic - click to view]

http://espn.go.com/nba/tr .. sed-titles-won

[pic - click to view]

Jordan) said he would take Kobe over me because ... five rings are better than one, and the last time he checked, five is better than one. At the end of the day, rings don't always define someone's career. If that's the case, then I'd sit up here and say I would take (Bill) Russell over Jordan. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take Russell over Jordan. Russell has 11 rings. Jordan has six. I wouldn't do that.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Da Truth23; 02-15-2013 at 10:09 PM..

114 comments for "LeBron disagrees with Jordan"

5 years ago '05        #2
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,776 | Props total: 3232 3232
James said. "At the end of the day, rings don't always define someone's career. If that's the case, then I'd sit up here and say I would take (Bill) Russell over Jordan.
Ether'd Jordan's entire logic in one sentence.
 5 years ago '04        #3
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
i thought lebron didn't care about what mj said?
 5 years ago '11        #4
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91 OP
space
space
 J said:
Ether'd Jordan's entire logic in one sentence.
sh*t is about to get real..... LJ.... don't do it
 5 years ago '04        #5
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,044 | Props total: 6779 6779
 02-15-2013, 10:07 PM         #6
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
destroy that tom king
 5 years ago '11        #7
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
i'm a bron fan, but he can't pretend like rings don't define a player's career in basketball. in a game like basketball superstars have so much control over outcomes that rings have an effect on their legacy.
 5 years ago '11        #8
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320
I made a Thread about this exact issue. Rings shouldn't define your legacy.

Last edited by Kobane; 02-15-2013 at 10:20 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #9
kriskross00 103 heat pts103
space
space
$18,475 | Props total: 15533 15533
if bron gets more rings than mj will lj fans still say ring count doesnt matter?
 5 years ago '11        #10
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91 OP
space
space
 kriskross00 said:
if bron gets more rings than mj will lj fans still say ring count doesnt matter?
IF MJ never won his rings... He would be a great player... with the rings HE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER..

LeBron with 1 ring... a great player not greater than MJ of course.... LeBron with 7 rings.... The Greatest..... If your individual performance is Great and you use your individual perfomance to win rings.... than you are the greatest because nobody can stop you
 5 years ago '04        #11
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,362 | Props total: 8456 8456
Legacy tarnished when he left the 216
 02-15-2013, 10:23 PM         #12
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1st page of 80

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by the player; 02-15-2013 at 10:25 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #13
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,824 | Props total: 12531 12531
 GollyI'mGully said:
i thought lebron didn't care about what mj said?
He was asked a question fu*ktard
 5 years ago '07        #14
Dat_BK_Nicca 49 heat pts49
space
space
$8,219 | Props total: 794 794
i actually agree with what he said
 5 years ago '11        #15
ZeusSlaps 774 heat pts774
space
space
$27,786 | Props total: 2432 2432
1st page
 02-15-2013, 10:26 PM         #16
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
Legacy tarnished when he left the 216
realest sh*t i never wrote
 5 years ago '11        #17
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
 5 years ago '08        #18
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,074 | Props total: 2280 2280

[pic - click to view]

Also imagine if lebron landed in shaqs lap as a rookie
 5 years ago '12        #19
BrooklynSwag 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,406 | Props total: 3312 3312
It's funny realizing know one has deciphered what LeBron is really trying to say yet

edit: 1 person see's it in this thread.

Based King James

Last edited by BrooklynSwag; 02-15-2013 at 10:36 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #20
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
Its cool to make Lebron argument with average players or good players but when you start comparing the best the game has to offer then championships and accolades are what you have to use to separate them. Kobe is an all time great and so is Lebron in his own right but based on talent there isn't a ton of separation so you have to go there.

Lebron wants to change their minds then top what they did.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
38 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
161 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago