Michael Jordan's List of 4 Players from NOW that could survive in HIS Era of Basketball

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-16-2013, 10:03 AM         #161
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Demarcus Cousins would fit right in, would he get as criticized and penalized in the 90's nba rather than he does today???

5 years ago '04        #162
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 Travi$ said:
The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"

Umm, this isn't hard. Obviously, Lebron is right handed, and has an inherent right hand bias, like a lot of players. If you are right handed it's easier to dribble, protect the ball, prevent getting blocked, and dunk when moving to the right of a defender.

YAWN
 5 years ago '11        #163
Killa KMS 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,025 | Props total: 932 932
 Magnificent Phoenix said:

Umm, this isn't hard. Obviously, Lebron is right handed, and has an inherent right hand bias, like a lot of players. If you are right handed it's easier to dribble, protect the ball, prevent getting blocked, and dunk when moving to the right of a defender.

YAWN
actually he's a lefty....
 5 years ago '07        #164
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13027 13027
 Magnificent Phoenix said:

YAWN
 Killa KMS said:
actually he's a lefty....
he's ambidextrous. shoots right-handed but finishes with either.
 5 years ago '07        #165
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,068 | Props total: 1840 1840
jordan made some of yall mad lol.
 5 years ago '07        #166
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 906 906
y'all n*ggas need to stfu now cause the god has spoken. of course u won't tho
 5 years ago '04        #167
PradaG 
space
space
$586 | Props total: 5 5
Mike acts as if the guys of today aren't simply playing the game the way the rules have trained or allowed them to i.e. "products of their environment". If they came up from the bottom in his era they'd be just as good because they all have on thing in common...NATURAL TALENT.

If we're using the same magical instantaneous era transport logic as Mike then all the player from his era would foul out in 12 minutes and lack the athleticism to keep up with today's players.
 5 years ago '04        #168
Mac Boss 
space
space
space
$450 | Props total: 0 0
U can't really compare the old era with the new and vice versa because even though u can evaluate a players skill by watchin...u can only a.ssume the way that they wouldve adapted to the way the game was being played bac then...but from an athletic stand point the new era sh*ts on the 80's/90's
 5 years ago '05        #169
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 9 9
 Mac Boss said:
U can't really compare the old era with the new and vice versa because even though u can evaluate a players skill by watchin...u can only a.ssume the way that they wouldve adapted to the way the game was being played bac then...but from an athletic stand point the new era sh*ts on the 80's/90's
Maybe so.....

Just as the 80's and 90's fundementals.....being able to shoot jumpers......playing hard nosed defense, better passing sh*ts one this new era

Case in point.....I give you Westbrick......who has the me first.....let me check my stats.....I want to be a star, but I suck half the times, mentality
 02-16-2013, 01:46 PM         #170
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 capone3pbs said:
This dude should just stop talking... You were a great ball player, but evaluating talent isn't ur strong suit Those wouldn't be the only 4 players to make it in "Your" era But then again, you thought Kwame Brown & Adam Morrison could make it in this era so we know your opinion don't mean sh*t
he is the greatest player of all time. he knows his basketball and he can definitely evaluate talent. Kwame brown would have been a top 3 pick that year no matter what team. 90% of teams would have picked Kwame first. he had unlimited potential and it wasn't jordans fault that Kwame was soft and never reached his potential. adam Morrison was the leading scorer in college ball and a lot of people were thinking he can be like keith van horn who had a solid career. they were both unfortunately busts but im also sure it wasn't jordans sole decision to pick them.

but yea he definitely has the credentials to evaluate talent. he knows basketball more then most of the analysts so im pretty sure his opinion is taken seriously. I think those 4 would be fine in that era. a prime kg would also but hes not even close to his prime right now and I think hes talking about the last 2, 3 years. Durant should have been on there but he would not be as good. it would almost be impossible for him to drive with the hand checks since hes skinny but hes a player that can get his shot over anyone. I would love to see how these players woulda played back then.
 02-16-2013, 01:58 PM         #171
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and hes not talking about which players are more talented. hes saying the defenses were sooooooooooo much tougher back in the day. u were allowed to put a hand on someone and anyone that played ball for a while knows how big of an effect that can do. its hard to drive and then u get a tiny push from the defense so you have to be strong and that's why bron will be able to play and kobe since hes tough. you got to be real strong
 5 years ago '04        #172
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,365 | Props total: 6376 6376
 PradaG said:
Mike acts as if the guys of today aren't simply playing the game the way the rules have trained or allowed them to i.e. "products of their environment". If they came up from the bottom in his era they'd be just as good because they all have on thing in common...NATURAL TALENT.

If we're using the same magical instantaneous era transport logic as Mike then all the player from his era would foul out in 12 minutes and lack the athleticism to keep up with today's players.
that is what i been saying the whole time

y'all mean to tell me if the players now grew up in that environment of basketball by the time they got into the league for a couple of years they wouldn't adapt?
 5 years ago '09        #173
Damien2321 
space
space
$506 | Props total: 95 95
No Melo Rose KD????
 5 years ago '06        #174
therulersback 
space
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 5 5
no rondo?
 5 years ago '04        #175
likwitcrewmembe 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 19 19
Jordan sunk his money in Bobcats Hahhahaha lost any evaluation credentials there
 5 years ago '11        #176
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
Today's fast break game>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Today's athleticism>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Today's big men skills and shooting ability>>>>>>>>>>

Today's players overall skills and craftiness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MJ needs to sit his old, base head a.ss down

Last edited by keejee; 02-16-2013 at 02:50 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #177
th3ptassassin15 
space
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 10 10
Here's the funny thing..... Most of the people on this forum probably never saw Jordan play... This era saw. Jordan as a wizard. The game back then was way more physical, they lets dudes play defense, there's was rarely flagrants.... This is the era where u clowns think d Howard and Bynum are great centers
 5 years ago '04        #178
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,545 | Props total: 2790 2790
 th3ptassassin15 said:
Here's the funny thing..... Most of the people on this forum probably never saw Jordan play... This era saw. Jordan as a wizard. The game back then was way more physical, they lets dudes play defense, there's was rarely flagrants.... This is the era where u clowns think d Howard and Bynum are great centers
athletes are stronger and faster now than they were then

Defense is much better now than when jordn came in the league

Look at the stats from the 80s. . .Suck teams like the clippers used to shoot 51% from the floor and score 100 ppg

And I grew up on Jordan. . .I basically started watching basketball back when MJ was getting swept out the 1st round
 02-16-2013, 04:15 PM         #179
Jsinn23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Dirk was a SURPRISE to me, WOW

5 years ago '05        #180
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,036 | Props total: 1400 1400
 justinjones said:
he does that because the refs are giving it to them. y'all make it sound they was snuffing people like rudy tomjanovich on a nightly basis in the 80s-mid 90s.

cp3 can't survive because he flops but lebron can?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

most of the players that flop wouldn't flop. there would be no reason if the refs are not calling it

that flopping sh*t is disgusting..makes u want to really foul them n*ggas
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy