Don't front when u first saw this nigga on SMACK u thought he would take over

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
250 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
 luvdahaze said:
i got a story about when i met him that will have ya'll n*ggas dyin! and prove that he is definitely wack
were u the one who punched his hat off and then he spun around that light pole?

[video - click to view]

02-16-2013, 01:00 AM         #82
Lot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nacirema Dream pushed back again, instead of the album being released on March 5th, its his next single with Remy.

Who didn't see that coming
 5 years ago '05        #83
luvdahaze 99 heat pts99
space
space
$1,770 | Props total: 597 597
nah this is when he came to my college to perform..
i was good friends with all the cheerleaders and they got invited to his hotel and they wanted me to go with them just in case some sh*t went down but mostly it was cause i wanted to party and smoke..anyways long story short heres the cliff notes..

-pap chose the wrong bi*ch to get with, she was on her period and he wasted all night hollerin at her for nothin lol
-either nobody in his crew knew how to roll or they just didnt want to but the girls gave me the weed and blunts and asked me to roll it for them
-his crew was lame as hell, starin at the girls not trying to touch them or even talk to them, they had no drinks either just one little bottle of some girly sh*t
-pap and his mans come up to me and ask me if im their pimp lmao
-girls get bored and wanna bounce, only after we are halfway down the hall one of the dudes goes 'yo shorty come back lemme holla at u'

my opinion on why he never blew up? straight lack of confidence and swag, hes got the skills and hes not dumb or ignorant like some other rappers from the hood
 5 years ago '04        #84
Zirov 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,463 | Props total: 427 427
i STILL show peeps this video, Papoose could blow up, anything is possible.... his voice is distinctive and so is his flow.
 5 years ago '04        #85
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 545 545
 Sam Rothstein said:
At the end of the day dude ain't broke and got his name all across America. What more can you ask for? I bet that n*gga name ring a bell in every hood.

A lot of dudes didn't get really really famous, but that doesn't mean you should disrespect them and act like you wasn't fans at one point in time. Ain't nobody talking about us at the end of the day.
yeah we only hate because we kinda of wish it was us out there lol. so tru!
but wouldnt trade my life unless i could be the rapper that grew up nice n kushy, hmm maybe drake or tyga... id say drake cause tyga wifed that slore, rather be a simp any day over tht lol.
 02-16-2013, 02:43 AM         #86
varcitykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Flying Jesus said:
I thought papoose , j hood , jr writer , Saigon , Corey guns , Vic damone , jae millz etc were all gonna blow never expected French Montana tho
Basically....

But honestly i never thought pap was nice like i always hated his rap style [not saying he's WACK] and the ONLY song i liked was alphabetical slaughter. When people was so hype and it was soo much buzz round him i didnt like em cuz he aint have appeal and talked about the same sh*t. NOW, he's just trash
 5 years ago '05        #87
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,524 | Props total: 1691 1691
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
His voice is annoying. That's why he flopped.

Plus battle rappers don't know how to made a full album. That sh*t gets old quickly.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #88
Profycy 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,923 | Props total: 1254 1254
Boyz n the hood. Classic tape.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #89
Profycy 3 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #90
Profycy 3 heat pts
space
space
He had his moment. But BX does hate on him for whatever reason.
 5 years ago '05        #91
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
Papoose was always terrible.
 5 years ago '07        #92
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,392 | Props total: 21492 21492
 Root Of Evil said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #93
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
Why call it a freestyle when all the dudes in the back rapping the same sh*t with him, rehearsed sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #94
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
awe the newyork mixtape Era I miss that sh*t....

never liked Pap dude was tone def and mad corny to me....

was real surprised that Grafh and Jae millz didn't blow cause them n*ggas could actually make songs
 02-16-2013, 09:51 AM         #95
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
05 line up

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #96
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 2772 2772
I got that DVD somewhere in my house, but I thought he was going to be something special, him, Jae Hood, Grafh, and Jae Millz, especially when I seen Millz battle Mook, probably one of the more entertaining Smack DVD battles besides Lux vs Mook.
 02-16-2013, 10:34 AM         #97
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Papoose, sorry to say, couldn't ride a beat. Not to mention he had a tendency to shout his raps, and fill them with 10 dollar words to fill the void. If you respect the art of rap, he had songs you could mess with. If you're someone who wants the music to be fun, or knock in the car, like most mainstream fans, he's not for you. I personally thought he crushed the Touch It remix, but signing to Busta was a huge mistake. Busta has no track record as a mogul, and neither does Kay Slay. Not to mention he thought collab'ing with Snoop Dogg was going to get him over. I remember leading up to him releasing that track, he kept saying he had a 16 from a legend. Not to down on Snoop, but to tease people for weeks with that kind of talk, then give them the same Snoop verse he's been spitting since the Eastsidaz era had to let people down. You can't say you're bringing NYC back, then go grab a guy from Long Beach.

J-Hood never had a chance. They even spoon fed him a few decent radio tracks, I remember All Up On Me, with him and Jadakiss, that was a pretty good crossover song, and still no one cared. They also put him on 2 Gunz Up, and that didn't ring bells for him either. I still laugh when I listen to old D-Block tracks, because it seemed like they were saying Tales From The Hood, coming soon, for a good 2-3 years. Then, after all that D-Block did for him, he made that dumb video where he dragged the chain....lights out after that.

JR Writer could have been somebody. He had the lyrical ability and he could even make a decent crossover song. Add him to the list of people who stupidly thought it was a good idea to go at Jay-Z. He was also a victim of Dipset's fade in popularity. People don't even check for Cam, Juelz and Jimmy like they used to, let alone guys like him and Hell Rell.

Cory Gunz, to me, was lazy. I feel like he thought it was his birthright to blow up, because his daddy wrote half of Uptown Baby and Shaq was in his corner. If he would get on a prolific run and drop tape after tape, like Wayne, he'd have blown. Wayne also didn't help him by taking his verse off A Milli. That may have done the trick for him, as far as getting the general public to pay attention. Now, he just sits on YMCMB, doing next to nothing.

Jae Millz had his chance when the infamous "Am I a problem, Big?!" freestyle was circulating, plus Cam'ron & T.I. jumped on the No, No, No remix at the peak of their powers. He didn't follow that up with another hit, and his buzz dried up. Now, he's just like Cory Gunz, sitting on YMCMB, waiting for that to work out for him. At least he regularly drops new tapes, though, but it's all swag/molly rap.

French Montana will not blow up. I actually thought he would when Shot Caller was bubbling, but now he can't seem to find that elusive hit to get his album in stores. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up dropping that Max collab he has in the stash to get his LP to come out. Once you put out a track with Ross, Drake, and Wayne, and that still doesn't have people demanding your album, that's when you have to go back to the drawing board. I doubt that Nicki collab will do the trick either. I also doubt that after MGK flopped so hard, that Puff wants to go through that again, especially since I'm sure French's album had to cost a lot more to produce than MGK's.
 5 years ago '09        #98
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,306 | Props total: 7963 7963
fukk pap, i told all my friends cory gunz and ali vegas were the next jay-z and nas

cory fell off and once lamar odom got signed to the lakers ali vegas went ghost on the rap game
 02-16-2013, 12:23 PM         #99
mightyhealthy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

02-16-2013, 12:26 PM         #100
mightyhealthy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's not forget about this dude from that period too.....PU was a monster.... and Papoose had been around way before that Smack DVD. He was on G Rap tracks in the late 90's.

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy