Don't front when u first saw this nigga on SMACK u thought he would take over

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
197 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #21
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,244 | Props total: 13607 13607
i deadass thought saigon and pap were gonna blow jay millz too on a sidenote shea davis was that n*gga
 5 years ago '06        #22
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
dudes are weird.... when was the last time a punchline cat ever blew up?. Regardless if they have good conept song material. And Papoose had good concept songs BEFORE........ BIg L was never gonna be on the mainstream stage either.... who cares tbh

papoose was nasty for a while... He gave cats a couple years of some solid mix cd material...... He over saturated himself by putting out a sh*tload of material in a short time frame... funny cause nobody was bi*ching at the time... He fell off and lost his motivation, and started getting out of character trying to fit in.... If he was marketed right, he could of did more probably...
 5 years ago '04        #23
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,664 | Props total: 23121 23121
son was ill, his flow just got outdated and saturated as time went on and he didn't even drop his album smh
 5 years ago '10        #24
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 1495 1495
 Chief Dee said:
fu*king with me will get you ate, like 4 times 2

lmfao WTF? If Wayne said that bullshiit you n*ggas would have been laughing at him
 02-15-2013, 05:09 AM         #25
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #26
illMattie 127 heat pts127
space
space
$4,308 | Props total: 2768 2768
 Flying Jesus said:
I thought papoose , j hood , jr writer , Saigon , Corey guns , Vic damone , jae millz etc were all gonna blow never expected French Montana tho
I'm gonna add Bishop Lamont to that list
 5 years ago '07        #27
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56 OP
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 CIDF said:

this takes me back
 5 years ago '04        #28
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,365 | Props total: 6377 6377
a lot of them ny mixtape/battle rappers couldn't write a song for sh!t though. all they had were punchlines
 5 years ago '08        #29
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
I knew he wasn't gonna blow with that name. He had bars tho. His punches are all stretch armstrong status now.

but that new york mixtape era was nuts.

[video - click to view]

the millz fall off is crazy

Last edited by Arson; 02-15-2013 at 08:56 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #30
Carib Breeze 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,268 | Props total: 11 11
when he k!lled the Busta Rhymes Touch it Remix i was like

:hillwhoa:

then he just went
 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM         #31
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At the end of the day dude ain't broke and got his name all across America. What more can you ask for? I bet that n*gga name ring a bell in every hood.

A lot of dudes didn't get really really famous, but that doesn't mean you should disrespect them and act like you wasn't fans at one point in time. Ain't nobody talking about us at the end of the day.
 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM         #32
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But obviously the game ain't the same no more though.
 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM         #33
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pap had bars, but he never could make a good crossover song, so his career died down. He also started to fall off with his punchlines, after awhile, some of them got pretty lame. I was messing with his freestyles, moreso than his original tracks. The "What The F*** Is A Papoose?" freestyle is a personal classic of mine.
 02-15-2013, 09:05 AM         #34
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and Saigon should have blown.....he could straight up rap, plus he had quality crossover songs, with thoughtful subject matter, NY k!lls me, because they'll bump Goldie and Shot Caller, but didn't give C'mon Baby or Pain In My Life a chance.....even when the remix to C'mon Baby dropped with Jay-Z on it, it was regarded with a collective yawn
 5 years ago '12        #35
Carib Breeze 28 heat pts28
space
space
$4,268 | Props total: 11 11
 J-Dogg said:
Pap had bars, but he never could make a good crossover song, so his career died down. He also started to fall off with his punchlines, after awhile, some of them got EXTREMELY lame. I was messing with his freestyles, moreso than his original tracks. The "What The F*** Is A Papoose?" freestyle is a personal classic of mine.
^THIS!

ooooh and *fixed
 5 years ago '10        #36
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
In any other time period he would of blew, he had mixtape tracks that were album worthy smashes...the thing I dont think people understand right now....is the industry has literally only letting sucka sellout clowns blow for quite some time....we in that wack phase an that sh*t peaked and is burning out slowly....
 5 years ago '10        #37
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
 J-Dogg said:
and Saigon should have blown.....he could straight up rap, plus he had quality crossover songs, with thoughtful subject matter, NY k!lls me, because they'll bump Goldie and Shot Caller, but didn't give C'mon Baby or Pain In My Life a chance.....even when the remix to C'mon Baby dropped with Jay-Z on it, it was regarded with a collective yawn
Sai doing decent but thats cuz he grinds HARD and works hard and was willing to dabble everywhere outside NY but he didnt blow to his level for the same reason I stated above.
 02-15-2013, 09:56 AM         #38
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL @ extremely lame.....it actually got to a point where Pap was trending on Twitter, and it was impossible to know if the lines were real or if people were making them up
 5 years ago '04        #39
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 Flying Jesus said:
I thought papoose , j hood , jr writer , Saigon , Corey guns , Vic damone , jae millz etc were all gonna blow never expected French Montana tho
It's crazy that Saigon had a crazy buzz on the strength of Entourage alone and couldn't get that sh*t to pop. Just think about how man new people knew about him from the show
 02-15-2013, 10:14 AM         #40
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Saigon wouldn't sell out, like Papoose did. Bang It Out & Fitted Hat Low were just atrocious, it's good that Saigon didn't try to make that type of music.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
43 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
50 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy