T-Pain: Future Doesn't Understand Autotune Technology

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-13-2013, 03:02 PM         #21
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
T-Pain is definitely coming off like someone who's mad his time in the light is over. He also dissed Ron Browz when he had his little moment in the sun. He was popping off when "Pop Champagne" was getting spins, as well, so he has a history of being salty. This was back in 2008.....

5 years ago '04        #22
Skammy Gee 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 108 108
Lets not bring Ron Browz into this mess n*gga was horrible with the autotune.... If u wanna bite at least have the decency to do it right....

justinjones said:
now rappers just rapping on autotune need to stop though
Thank you
 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM         #23
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm just saying, he seems to get mad at anyone else who has success with it that doesn't roll with him. Wayne & Birdman weren't exactly using it properly either, and didn't get a lecture from Mr. Pain. I remember that Foolish (Remix) where Birdman threw AutoTune on his rap and that was straight garbage.
 5 years ago '12        #24
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,460 | Props total: 12977 12977
 Skammy Gee said:
T-Pain knows how to play with autotune... he sings a bit flat and the correction algorithm does the magic.... Future sounds like he just sing his sh*t and they apply the effect randomly afterwards, disregarding the key of the song...

If you listen to Good Kush and Alchohol... U can tell they used melodyne instead of autotune on his voice.... and he sounds wayyyyy better
This I can agree with

Tpain knows how to incorporate that sh*t in a way that sounds more natural and pleasant to the ear. Not only can he rap with the autotune, but he also sings melodies and he actually stays in the right pitch and key. I get what your saying. When future does it, its like he has no regard of the key hes in. Its like hes just yelling sh*t and sometimes the notes sound incomplete.

I can't say that tpain jealous cause I don't know the n*gga personally. But I just think he one of them dudes who just wants sh*t to be done right. Thats one thing that fu*ked up tpains career. He had the autotune hiphop scene on lock and his sh*t actually sounded good. Hooks and everything. Then a bunch of other rappers started doing it AT THAT TIME with no regard of how to do it correctly and people got tired of it.

On the other hand, future doing his thing and cakin regardless. I actually bump his sh*t in the ride. Just wonder how this sh*t gonna play out.
 5 years ago '09        #25
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
roger troutman would probably say the same about t-pain
 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM         #26
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daman729 said:
This I can agree with

Tpain knows how to incorporate that sh*t in a way that sounds more natural and pleasant to the ear. Not only can he rap with the autotune, but he also sings melodies and he actually stays in the right pitch and key. I get what your saying. When future does it, its like he has no regard of the key hes in. Its like hes just yelling sh*t and sometimes the notes sound incomplete.

I can't say that tpain jealous cause I don't know the n*gga personally. But I just think he one of them dudes who just wants sh*t to be done right. Thats one thing that fu*ked up tpains career. He had the autotune hiphop scene on lock and his sh*t actually sounded good. Hooks and everything. Then a bunch of other rappers started doing it AT THAT TIME with no regard of how to do it correctly and people got tired of it.

On the other hand, future doing his thing and cakin regardless. I actually bump his sh*t in the ride. Just wonder how this sh*t gonna play out.

This...the bottom line is,Future pretty much is using it to the bare minimum/default settings or whatever and found something that works for him and is running with it. My thing is, if that's the cause then T-Pain shouldn't even be salty about it because if he knows how to freak Autotune then stop being salty and just freak the software a new way because if Future is indeed a fad like those who have used the VSTi before him-Ron Browz, DJ Webster, etc, if he doesn't switch up or better with it then he will eventually fade out on his own.
 5 years ago '10        #27
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
What's wrong with being salty? Nobody here has ever been upset?
 5 years ago '12        #28
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,460 | Props total: 12977 12977
 Hotboy1982 said:
This...the bottom line is,Future pretty much is using it to the bare minimum/default settings or whatever and found something that works for him and is running with it. My thing is, if that's the cause then T-Pain shouldn't even be salty about it because if he knows how to freak Autotune then stop being salty and just freak the software a new way because if Future is indeed a fad like those who have used the VSTi before him-Ron Browz, DJ Webster, etc, if he doesn't switch up or better with it then he will eventually fade out on his own.

Agreed
 5 years ago '11        #29
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
he's mad because future is getting the jobs he would have gotten. and since future is a newer artist, he comes at a smaller price. T Pain has done so much at this point, no one wants to pay his asking price.
 02-13-2013, 05:32 PM         #30
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when future start doing it it was nowhere near the hot thing do

matter of fact its was fu*king dead

and future is better without auto tune and he also sound way better when he is rapping with it

but t pain can say whatever he wants about auto tune
 5 years ago '07        #31
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
fu*k t-pain bitter old a.ss fu*k n*gga

future got the streets on lock, t pain never did he was a pop hook writer, future got that real sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #32
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,008 | Props total: 17168 17168
My question is.....Howcome T-Pain just didn't embrace dude, invite him to the studio...make a few songs...and they go get some checks together?

Why it always gotta be problems...why mafu*kas can't say yo....we both do some similar sh*t...we both good at gettin on the radio...so fu*k it lets get this publishin bread and combine forces
 02-13-2013, 05:37 PM         #33
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Future doing his thing and is best at what he's doing. He's not trying to be T-Pain so if using the autotune the "incorrect way" is beneficial for him, he should keep doing it that way
 5 years ago '04        #34
Skammy Gee 17 heat pts17
space
space
smh @ some of yall... No wonder why sh*t is goin down the drain yall willing to accept anything they shove down yall throats and the second u criticize they label you a hater...

[video - click to view]

LLoyd's version >>>> Future's
 5 years ago '12        #35
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,008 | Props total: 17168 17168
 Skammy Gee said:
smh @ some of yall... No wonder why sh*t is goin down the drain yall willing to accept anything they shove down yall throats and the second u criticize they label you a hater...

LLoyd's version >>>> Future's
I almost had a seizure watchin some of that sh*t, im gettin old for this sh*t
 5 years ago '06        #36
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
Cant lie future do be soundin horrible at times.... I wanna see tpain come back up tho. My n*gga was a beast with the autotune
 5 years ago '07        #37
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,599 | Props total: 909 909
I got an r&b homie who's signed to Universal/Motown who told me u'd be surprised how much autotune is used in the industry. think about it. future and t-pain don't give a damn who knows, but an artist like beyonce would never admit to that because it would tarnish her image. but they do it on the low. trust
 5 years ago '04        #38
Skammy Gee 17 heat pts17
space
space
 Young_Impetuous said:
I got an r&b homie who's signed to Universal/Motown who told me u'd be surprised how much autotune is used in the industry. think about it. future and t-pain don't give a damn who knows, but an artist like beyonce would never admit to that because it would tarnish her image. but they do it on the low. trust
they have engineers sign confidentiality agreements to conceal the truth... Autotune and Melodyne are used by almost all of em.
 5 years ago '05        #39
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,090 | Props total: 4228 4228
that wasn't a shot.... dude didn't sound salty at all.... future doesn't utilize autotune like t-pain does, he just has fun with it like alot of non-singers do
 5 years ago '10        #40
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13660 13660
this n*gga still around?
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish