Emmett Till’s Family is Rightfully Angry at Lil Wayne’s Blatant Disrespect

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM         #21
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is dumb, I'm all for respect and sh*t... but when it comes to expressing yourself all bets are off.
 5 years ago '08        #22
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,833 | Props total: 12544 12544
 Martel said:
smh. you can't be that ridiculous.. it's the FAMILY calling it disrespectful. if the family of one of the world trade victims called that line by biggie disrespectful then by all means I have no say about them "taking it wrong". the nerve of you to say it is not that serious. until you lose a son to murderers who walked free due to this fu*ked up system you cannot have an opinion on this matter. whether it's 60 years or 70 those type of wounds never heal.
 5 years ago '04        #23
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
we have disrespectful raps every day.

they might feel some kind of way about it and its just the way they feel but its in lyrics almost all the time.

we even make threads of when somebody dies "who is going to have a _____ reference"
 02-13-2013, 12:00 PM         #24
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When will you cats learn....most of these rich rappers could care less about their people while they embrace the White man's d!ck. Wayne is a fu*king skateboarder at 30. What do you expect from him? Intelligence? Dude is the most ignorant person in the world who tries his hardest to sound complex. His disrespect is awful, especially given the fact that if he lived back in that time he probably would have met the same fate.....

To everyone saying "get over it"....its called history and it should never be forgotten and always respected. We're always reminded of the holocaust, the inquisition, the american revolution, the great famine etc. However, when Black people are conscious of their own history they're told to "get over it"....what are you scared to hear? What are you scared to acknowledge?....Cowards
 5 years ago '12        #25
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,522 | Props total: 3171 3171
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
It's not that serious though.....

That sh*t was 60 years ago an it's simply a reference to a historic event though it may be a death of a single person.

12 years ago 9/11 happened and people are rapping about it all the time. 3000 people died if I remember.

Biggie rapped about "blowing up like the world trade" in which 6 people died a few years after it happened.

Chill out.
Classic case of a smart dumb n*gga.
 5 years ago '08        #26
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
What a bunch of as*holes in this thread defending this

Wow.
 5 years ago '08        #27
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,833 | Props total: 12544 12544
 Dy-nasty said:

Wow.
We all know how ignorant boxden is

HHS is Defintely the worst
 5 years ago '04        #28
space
space
 Dy-nasty said:

Wow.
but seriously we never bring this up until somebody else gets mad/offended

had a 10 page thread about the satan line but we now just talking about this one?

Last edited by justinjones; 02-13-2013 at 12:05 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #29
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 BIGMARS said:
Classic case of a smart dumb n*gga.
Explain

Ain't no one sweating it but the fam. You don't see me crying about my great great grandfather Swizhe who got murked by slaveowners 150 years ago.

You don't see me crying about my other great great grandfather Whistling Wind getting murked 150 years ago cuz whites wanted his land either.

If you don't know the n*gga, then you shouldn't be so uppity about it, fam or not. Classic case of the fam wanting attention

I'm not defending or supporting the lyric, it just is what it is
 5 years ago '08        #30
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Explain

Ain't no one sweating it but the fam. You don't see me crying about my great great grandfather Swizhe who got murked by slaveowners 150 years ago.

You don't see me crying about my other great great grandfather Whistling Wind getting murked 150 years ago cuz whites wanted his land either.

If you don't know the n*gga, then you shouldn't be so uppity about it, fam or not. Classic case of the fam wanting attention

... You're trolling right?
 5 years ago '10        #31
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 Dy-nasty said:
... You're trolling right?
You telling me if your great great uncle got k!lled like Till did and it ended up being referenced in a lyric 60 years later, you would care?

n*ggas never met the dude, never knew the dude. Can't care about someone you never met nor knew. They just making noise to make noise. Making noise purely off the basis that it was a historic event, NOT because they cared for the homie Till.

Keeping it 100.
 5 years ago '10        #32
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,908 | Props total: 9058 9058
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Explain

I bet if someone used your great grandfather as a punchline, you'd be upset.

Pretty stupid line by Weezy IMO
 5 years ago '04        #33
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
You telling me if your great great uncle got k!lled like Till did and it ended up being referenced in a lyric 60 years later, you would care?

n*ggas never met the dude, never knew the dude. Can't care about someone you never met nor knew. They just making noise to make noise. Making noise purely off the basis that it was a historic event, NOT because they cared for the homie Till.

Keeping it 100.
no i can see why they care but i can also see how rappers use it as an after thought because rappers have said everything as an after thought

got joe budden rapping about dude flying into a building
big l straight disrespecting the church
wayne with this line and the rae carruth one.
50 cent using the news report in a song
didn't that one black panther son got mad because jay-z referenced how he was born the same died he died?

these kinds of raps been going on for a long while. lil wayne not the first rapper to do this and he won't be the last
 5 years ago '07        #34
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,969 | Props total: 5895 5895
 justinjones said:
no i can see why they care but i can also see how rappers use it as an after thought because rappers have said everything as an after thought

got joe budden rapping about dude flying into a building
big l straight disrespecting the church
wayne with this line and the rae carruth one.
50 cent using the news report in a song
didn't that one black panther son got mad because jay-z referenced how he was born the same died he died?

these kinds of raps been going on for a long while. lil wayne not the first rapper to do this and he won't be the last
Keep letting them diss you and your ancestors then Tom.
 5 years ago '04        #35
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said:
Keep letting them diss you and your ancestors then Tom.
calling me a tom because rappers been doing this forever and now people want to bring it up

like i said. where was you when people were more concern with the satan line than this one. nobody would of said a word about this if the family didn't and you know it
 5 years ago '07        #36
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,969 | Props total: 5895 5895
 justinjones said:
calling me a tom because rappers been doing this forever and now people want to bring it up

like i said. where was you when people were more concern with the satan line than this one. nobody would of said a word about this if the family didn't and you know it
Check the thread. I posted in it and matter of fact I said something about that line first
 5 years ago '04        #37
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said:
Check the thread. I posted in it and matter of fact I said something about that line first
then you should also know that wayne used him a line 4,5 years ago on one of the drought mixtapes

the family feels that way. fine. you feel the way you feel. fine

doesn't mean that everybody should or are going to feel the same way
 5 years ago '09        #38
akverse47 443 heat pts443
space
space
$5,564 | Props total: 4969 4969
as soon as I hear that line I was like wtf? this n*gga crossed the line
 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM         #39
Jets Fool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just a few years ago Wayne said something about Emmit Till on the drought 3 and no one noticed.
 02-13-2013, 01:09 PM         #40
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I actually supported him when he got booted from those basketball games. I wondered why he constantly recieved so much disrespect being that he's far from an aggressive personality. I guess when you live your life in a fashion that doesn't demand respect, you sure as hell won't get it. Maybe when the money dries up, he'll seek knowledge of self.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago