most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #1841
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,205 | Props total: 19857 19857
As far as brutal, emotionally eviscerating onscreen deaths go, Tara’s meat-fork murder at the hands of Gemma in Tuesday’s Sons of Anarchy finale will be tough to top. But as difficult as it was to watch, imagine how grueling it must’ve been for their respective portrayers, Maggie Siff and Katey Sagal, to execute.

Actually, no need to imagine — read on as both actresses recall what it was like to shoot — and watch! — the grisly sequence. Sons boss Kurt Sutter also reveals when he knew Tara had to die and what’s ahead for Jax and the rest of the Sons in the FX hit’s seventh and final season.

It seemed as though this could have been the end of the series, emotionally…
KURT SUTTER |
Obviously, it’s a major shift in the mythology. I knew, ultimately, where I wanted to take Jax in [the] final season… I wanted to remove his ‘True North,’ because I feel like there needs to be this major psychic and emotional shift that has to happen. What direction it will push him in we will see next season. But what happens to a guy like that now that he’s lost both of the people he loves the most, who were able to be his moral compass, with Opie and now Tara. It really is Jax completely untethered and on his own in the final season.

Kurt, when did you decide that this was the right time for Tara to go? And Maggie, when did you find out?
SUTTER | I knew fairly early on that Tara would die before the final season — probably as early as Season 2. I didn’t quite now exactly how it was going to happen in terms of story, but in terms of a mythology mile-mark, [I knew] that’s when it would happen.

MAGGIE SIFF | We had a conversation about it in the beginning of the season and Kurt told me, so I had some time to wrap my mind around it…

Can you talk about shooting that kitchen scene? And what was it like watching it back?
SIFF:
Watching it was really hard. Shooting it was really hard. Because the character ends, my experience of shooting it was really about feeling everything around me, which was Katey and Charlie — and that was really painfully hard. The sense of loss is really [about] the people you leave behind — and I was so aware of their loss. But it wasn’t about me, it was about them. It was very surreal. And at the same time, digesting that this character I’ve been with so long is going away. Watching it put into story and into the context of the entire series and everything we’ve all been through together, that was hard.

KATEY SAGAL | [Choked up] It was really hard… I was nervous abut it the whole time. I think I was just in denial and that [Kurt would] actually change his mind.[Laughs] The biggest struggle for me was to remain truly with Gemma.. The truth of it is that she’s not aware of the things going on behind the scenes. I think that’s maybe why it was so hard [for me] to watch, because it was so clear. But in the moment for Gemma, all [she] knew was that [Tara] had ratted. She had betrayed my son, she had betrayed my club, she was taking my grandchildren away — all the things that were Gemma’s center. In that moment, there’s a blind rage that goes on. It’s not premeditated act — she didn’t even know she was going to see her… As Kurt’s reminded me all these years, she’s not Katey. This is a violent world; these are violent people… This s–t goes on. First of all, I love Maggie. We’ve been the little female island in this testosterone world. It’s so interesting because as an actor, it was kind of awesome to do things you haven’t done — I’ve never k!lled anyone violently in anything before. It was really hard to watch. Charlie was so devastatingly beautiful at the end, and everybody. Theo [Rossi]! And Tommy crying at the end… Everybody. It’s a great bunch of people and they're all doing great work.

What went into planning that death scene? Why did Tara die in that way?
SUTTER |
I knew I wanted it to be simple and pedestrian and of Gemma’s world, not of the club’s world. I didn’t want it to be a gun or a knife. There’s almost something more horrific in terms of us seeing Gemma in that opening montage washing dishes and you have no idea that something as simple as dirty dish water and a carving fork would be used as implements of death… Gemma is just reacting, as Katey said. Gemma is wired to react — not unlike her son — and then clean up the pieces later… I made the decision to cut after that scene… There was a moment where Katey looks back at that fork, so you don’t see her face and it’s almost a moment of, ‘Oh, where did that come from?’ And then coming back to that scene and it’s like she just lived through a bombing and is completely in shock. Katey and I had discussions about it and the emotionalality that was going on with Katey leading up to those scenes defined where that scene went… Initially, I didn’t have Eli giving her the info about Tara, but then I realized that would be a missed opportunity… It all dovetailed into each other….
Where will next season pick up?
SUTTER | I don’t want to lose the weight of what’s happened [in the finale]. There may be a little bit of time [passed] like we had this season, which will be a few weeks… But there won’t be a vast amount of time.

Will Jimmy Smits be back as Nero?
SUTTER | Yeah, we made a deal with Jimmy. I love him and feel that he brings such gravitas to the show… I want to be able to play that out.
SAGAL: I just want to know if [he and Gemma] break up… [Laughs]

What’s the plan for Peter Weller?
SUTTER
| Even if I wanted Peter to go away, Peter wouldn’t go away. [Laughs] Peter will be back. A lot of that stuff is happening in Stockton. And I’d love to bring back Kim [d!ckens]‘ character as well.

What lies ahead for Juice now that he’s on the outs with Jax and has aided and abetted Gemma?
SUTTER | I’m not quite sure exactly where that’s headed. Knowing that he’s betrayed Jax is not necessarily a place that you want to be in in the outlaw community… I don’t think it was a calculated move on Juice’s part [to save Gemma]; in the moment he did what was expected of him… But now the great thing is that we get this rich dynamic between the two of them. They were tied with the whole Clay of it all and now they’re deeply tied with this secret… Now we have really something fun to play with.

How does Gemma come back from this?
SAGAL |
I truly have no idea. I don’t know. I’ve asked him questions: Is that a secret she holds? She’s a good secret-keeper. Is that something she self-destructs behind? And Kurt will figure that out for sure.

Patterson made it clear that she’d take Jax down if this plan doesn’t pan out — will CCH Pounder be back next season to make good on that?
SUTTER |
I’d love to bring CC back and we’re in the process of trying to bring her back… That relationship between [Jax and Patterson] was way more potent than anything I could have imagined with Donal [Logue]‘s character. She’s got that really strong maternal energy, but it’s a little bit masculine. We got to see [that dynamic] play out in that scene [at the ice cream shop]. I’d love to bring her back and play with what does she do now? Procedurally, what would happen is they would bring Jax in and place him in custody and question him extensively. We’ll see what that all looks like [next year]. I just knew that I didn’t want to end the season on a police beat.

Maggie, talk about the power of that Jax/Tara scene in the park.
SIFF |
I feel like that was the most important scene in the episode. I knew it was the only moment for Jax and Tara to really penetrate each other, in a sense. It was very tricky because coming to the point where I actually believed it was possible that Jax could k!ll [her] was a long, hard and scary place to get to… I also really felt like she had to believe her time was up. It was about saying all the things she had to say to him and reckoning with herself… It was a lot to carry and I don’t know how I feel about it. [Laughs] It was a hard day at work. But whenever I work with Charlie I just feel like we find our way together and I just hoped for the best.

Kurt, when did you decide that Eli had to go?
SUTTER |
When he became a series regular on The Mentalist. [Laughs] That’s only half true. I love Rockmond [Dunbar], he’s a great guy and actor. We had talked about a couple different ways to not necessarily write him out but creating an opportunity to bring someone else in in case he wasn’t available next season. It was in writing that scene that I realized there was an [opportunity] for Juice to cross that line, to have him protect Gemma. It all happened organically…

Maggie, do you think the fact that Jax was about to forigve Tara and understand where she was coming from will help your cause with the Tara haters?
SIFF | I don’t know. I can’t really speak to the Tara haters. [Laughs] The Tara haters love Jax and Jax loves Tara, so therein lies the confusion for me. The people out there who want Tara to die, I find that confusing on a number of levels… If you root for Jax then you sort of root for Tara and Jax because they love each other and she’s a big part of his happiness…. So, I don’t know. I think the Tara haters are kind of irrational. [Laughs] It was important for me that Jax and Tara had love in the end. I really didn’t want the series to end for me with this continued alienation into distrust [and] into hate and into death between Jax and Tara; that felt wrong to me after everything they’ve been through together and f!ghting for all these years. There’s this romantic center to these people and the Jax-Tara love story is a real piece of that. That’s what makes this series work in a way; these people love each other passionately… You really feel that and I felt that was true to the Jax-Tara story.

The “Team Gemma” response online always seems to be overwhelming. Do you think that might shift now, Katey?
SAGAL | I haven’t paid a lot of attention… I know that’s there; I’m not worried about it. [Laughs] I have had a few moments where I knew everyone would hate Gemma now… But, ultimately, in that moment she’s not really thinking anything except her base instinct, which is that she’s a violent woman and that is the way she’s lived her life for many many years. And I think she has enormous remorse when she realizes the truth of the matter.
SUTTER | I think Team Sadness will win. [Laughs]

Any closing remarks?
SUTTER |
Working with these two women — obviously Katey being my wife — I had never intended for the female characters to jump out and become as strong as they have been. It was this organic arc that happened because I had these two actresses who can turn a 5 or 6 on the page into an 8 or 9 or 10 on the screen… I want to thank Maggie. I’ve been a fan of hers since I saw her on Mad Men; she’s a tremendous actress. And I want to thank her for making me a better writer these last six seasons.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 12-11-2013 at 07:09 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #1842
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
I fell asleep last night before the episode

I woke up at six to download and watch the episode today... WTF. Sutter just ruined my fu*king day

Almost as bad as when Opie died.
 4 years ago '07        #1843
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
I still haven't seen the last 15 min I asked my co-worker what happened and damn I'll need to watch the rest today. I thought it would end up being the other way around with Tara and Gemma and I thought it would be next season. To me Eli was almost irrelevant at this point. I hate juice his character jumped the shark.
 4 years ago '11        #1844
Kyeezy 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 516 516
 KnicksLost said:
what would you do for your son??

I know she outta control but fam Tara had to go wish they aint k!ll her tho
tara was going to raise them boys right, jax knew that. the only one who didn't is that bi*ch gemma cuz she selfish. her hoe a.ss can't raise them boys right. look at her, strutting around ands.lutting it up, smoking weed, and she stay packing. that fkn crazy bi*ch is going to have them boys k!lled one way or another.

bi*ch is fkn death and needs to go.

nero good for breaking it off with her a.ss, she probably end up k!lling him too. but it look like alvarez gonna take that job now.

and yea, even tho jax was getting on my nerves last season, i was still rooting for him and tara tho and finally! now....

Last edited by Kyeezy; 12-11-2013 at 08:20 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #1845
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
at all these inconsiderate f*ggots in here dropping major spoilers about other shows that have nothing to do with this show when comparing this to that.

Illogical douche bags

I've seen all the shows that have been spoiled in these past several pages. But not everyone has.
 4 years ago '04        #1846
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
Wtf just happened last night...i don't think it was a dream
 4 years ago '09        #1847
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
 Kyeezy said:
tara was going to raise them boys right, jax knew that. the only one who didn't is that bi*ch gemma cuz she selfish. her hoe a.ss can't raise them boys right. look at her, strutting around ands.lutting it up, smoking weed, and she stay packing. that fkn crazy bi*ch is going to have them boys k!lled one way or another.

bi*ch is fkn death and needs to go.

nero good for breaking it off with her a.ss, she probably end up k!lling him too. but it look like alvarez gonna take that job now.

and yea, even tho jax was getting on my nerves last season, i was still rooting for him and tara tho and finally! now....
Gemma didn't know because she's selfish? That doesn't even make sense lol. The reason she didn't know is because nobody talks to each other in this damn show. If they actually commuinicated with each other none of this sh*t would happen, but then again it wouldn't make for good TV. But Jax is part to blame for that sh*t anyway. Even before Unser came and told Gemma about her lawyer talking to him about the old files and Tara snitching on Jax (even though he was wrong), why didn't Jax call his mom and at least tell her that the boys are safe and back home? Why didn't he tell her he was turning himself in? For all Gemma knew Tara tried to kidnap the kids and she was going to snitch so she had to do what she had to do Not saying that Tara deserved to die like that but still.
 4 years ago '07        #1848
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
Watched it, knew what would happen because I was told and I still didn't think it would be THAT BRUTAL. Someone brought up Opie but his wasn't nearly as bad. He was kind of sacrificed but Tara was basically defenseless and when it went into her skull easily one the best cringeworthy scenes on a show in recent memory. I can only imagine where it goes this last season. Got damn juice is a bi*ch for real.
 4 years ago '07        #1849
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
at all these inconsiderate f*ggots in here dropping major spoilers about other shows that have nothing to do with this show when comparing this to that.

Illogical douche bags

I've seen all the shows that have been spoiled in these past several pages. But not everyone has.
Glad I didn't go back some pages
 4 years ago '11        #1850
Kyeezy 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 516 516
 Ms Ambitious said:
Gemma didn't know because she's selfish? That doesn't even make sense lol. The reason she didn't know is because nobody talks to each other in this damn show. If they actually commuinicated with each other none of this sh*t would happen, but then again it wouldn't make for good TV. But Jax is part to blame for that sh*t anyway. Even before Unser came and told Gemma about her lawyer talking to him about the old files and Tara snitching on Jax (even though he was wrong), why didn't Jax call his mom and at least tell her that the boys are safe and back home? Why didn't he tell her he was turning himself in? For all Gemma knew Tara tried to kidnap the kids and she was going to snitch so she had to do what she had to do Not saying that Tara deserved to die like that but still.
you got what i said twisted. i'm saying she always been a selfish bi*ch. she don't want them boys to leave. she don't want jax to leave. she wants everyone right where she wants them.

also it ain't her fkn kids so she need to chill. if her old a.ss would just chill, they would have had a better relationship. bi*ch act like she can't visit the fkn kids if they move. but it's always what gemma wants and not what tara and jax is trying to do for their kids.
 4 years ago '04        #1851
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 TH35 said:
Watched it, knew what would happen because I was told and I still didn't think it would be THAT BRUTAL. Someone brought up Opie but his wasn't nearly as bad. He was kind of sacrificed but Tara was basically defenseless and when it went into her skull easily one the best cringeworthy scenes on a show in recent memory. I can only imagine where it goes this last season. Got damn juice is a bi*ch for real.
To me this was a little worse than Opie's death scene (the scene itself, not losing Opie). Before Opie sacrificed himself we at least KNEW someone was dead and we didn't see his head bashed in up close. Plus, in prison you kind of expect that level of violence.

Tara walks in the house, seems finally relieved and happy for the first time all season, smiles and enter that c*nt Gemma with the brutality.

Maybe I"m just not as blood thirsty as some but this to me seems unnecessary. Opie died so Jax could get where Sutter wanted him, then the school shooting re-emphasized getting out of guns.

Last edited by JBeezy; 12-11-2013 at 10:13 AM..
 4 years ago '09        #1852
space
space
 Kyeezy said:
you got what i said twisted. i'm saying she always been a selfish bi*ch. she don't want them boys to leave. she don't want jax to leave. she wants everyone right where she wants them.

also it ain't her fkn kids so she need to chill. if her old a.ss would just chill, they would have had a better relationship. bi*ch act like she can't visit the fkn kids if they move. but it's always what gemma wants and not what tara and jax is trying to do for their kids.
True, but at the same time Tara is not innocent. Just like when Jax and her was talking at the park and she was saying that he ruined her life and she sacrificed everything for him. And Jax was like you chose to come back here, I didn't make you come back. She chose to mess with him even though she knew how they were. They grew up together so Tara knew how Gemma and Jax was. She knew it wasn't going to be easy for Jax to just pick up and leave. I'm sorry but I'm tired of everybody acting like Tara is some innocent victim. Not saying you per say but she knew what she was getting herself into. Also she tried to set up Gemma for the murder of her fake baby. She didn't deserve to die like that, I thought it would have been a shot to head and that was it, but she had to go.
 4 years ago '04        #1853
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,923 | Props total: 4282 4282
Most underrated scene last night was jax saying his goodbyes. That sh*t was tough to watch.
 4 years ago '04        #1854
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 5736 5736
i really don't give a sh*t about spoilers here & there. Because I still don't know when its gonna happen. Of-course I knew it was coming when they got to the house. But hearing it isn't the same as seeing it in action. I should have just screamed at the top of her lungs she probably would've made it. I don't understand how people think juice did that to set jax up He had to act fast to get gemma off the radar. When someone gets setup they usually don't get rid of the murder weapons, they plant them. Patterson ain't stupid she knows how close jax & tara was I don't think its even a question in her mind if he did it or not. Since taras dead the deal on Jax going away is done. Nothing was signed or etched in stone yet. He never confessed on record.
 4 years ago '09        #1855
space
space
I don't think Juice did it to set up Jax either. I think he k!lled the cop so Gemma wouldn't go down for it. Don't know how that's going to play out next season, but I don't think the DA believes Jax k!lled her.
 12-11-2013, 10:39 AM         #1856
ts21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
scrolled down to quick reply fast as fu*k so i wouldnt see anything cause i haven't seen the finale yet

anyways last few episodes have been fu*king crazy

my boo tara fu*king up smh...i wonder what this bi*ch gonna do ... jax ready to off her n*gga think she snitched

she put herself in a bad position

lets gooo
 4 years ago '04        #1857
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
amazing finale

if next season is the last season, its gonna be bloody as fukk
 4 years ago '11        #1858
wolfpack32 
space
space
$297 | Props total: 0 0
Holy sh*t.

i dont think i took a breath that whole last 10 min.

Chibbs shedding them tears had me

then Gemma on her bi*chass sh*t again i knew it was gunna happen had me like

then after it happend just sat there like

Really dont know what Jax is gunna do now. i hope he finds out it was
[spoiler - click to view]

sh*t is gunna be crazy next year.

and i was still rooting for juice to somehow make it back, but nah hes done.
 4 years ago '05        #1859
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,782 | Props total: 4886 4886
Day after. Still can't believe that episode. Had me feeling kinda sad for Tara when I got up. She was there when Jax committed his first murder.
 4 years ago '08        #1860
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1219 1219
ya just watched the end again..

i wanted her dead but..now im sad

all i wanted her to do the whole time was ask jax.."WHAT SHOULD I DO"

and she finally did that..so i was at peace with her..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy