Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-12-2013, 10:20 PM         #41
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Still Wont help Ya'll Win a Superbowl!!!.... no Cleveland Pro team Won a Chip Since the 60's
Yeah I know I been 30 + years for the Knicks
But the Giants-Yankees-
 5 years ago '08        #42
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,768 | Props total: 12267 12267
 critiQue said:
Holy sh*t n*gga photoshopped Romeo Crennell in the photo son
 5 years ago '04        #43
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
 O_nasty said:

[pic - click to view]

this one is hard..

i also like

[pic - click to view]

02-12-2013, 11:29 PM         #44
ubekillinem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bout time
 5 years ago '04        #45
miamishank 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,917 | Props total: 1093 1093
 HotBYoungTurk said:
this one is hard..

i also like

[pic - click to view]

Im fu*kin with either and for the record the browns apparel is official when u can find it
 5 years ago '05        #46
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Can't wait for the Dolphins to get unveiled in April.

Tired of our logo/jerseys. My hope is to go retro. If not, then super modern with a mean looking dolphin instead of that happy come-beat-our-asses-we-soft-my-n*gga sh*t we got now.
 5 years ago '12        #47
sayyam 19 heat pts19
space
space
$953 | Props total: 809 809
Burn all the old jerseys, burn all the new concept jerseys and please for gaww sakes burn that motherfu*kin piece of sh*t town Cleveland to the ground

That being said....I've never been to Cleveland and hear its kind of nice....
 5 years ago '10        #48
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
I for one am happy that NFL teams are going modern now with Nike.

Some NFL uniforms & logos look like pure trash
 5 years ago '10        #49
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
what does orange has to do with the cleveland browns?
 02-13-2013, 05:21 AM         #50
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Inception helmet FTW

5 years ago '05        #51
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448 OP
space
space
$48,304 | Props total: 6429 6429
 Superboy504 said:
what does orange has to do with the cleveland browns?
the Browns used to host their spring and summer training camps at the practice facilities at Bowling Green college, whose colors included orange. The Browns adopted their colors as their own to honor Bowling Green.

They originally wore white helmets for day games and orange for the night games. The NFL restricted the use of light colored helmets to be worn at night.

EDIT:

1946-1951

[pic - click to view]

The Cleveland Browns are established in the new All-America Football Conference (AAFC).They replace the Cleveland Rams (who left for Los Angeles after winning the 1945 NFL Title.) as the Pro Football Team in Cleveland. The Browns go on to dominate the AAFC and win all four of the League's Titles during its run. All in the white leather helmet.

The Browns enter the NFL in 1950. Just before start of season, the League adopts the use of a white football for night games begining in the 1950 Season.Beacause of the white football, the NFL prohibits the use of white helmets for the night gamse so while waiting for the new orange helmets that they ordered, they have to paint their white helmets orange for their first ever NFL Regular Season Game vs the Philadelphia Eagles who were the 1949 NFL Champions.It was scheduled on a Saturday Night before the rest of the NFL starts the next day. The Browns go on to win 35-10. The Browns go on with the two helmet setup for the 1950 and 1951 Seasons.

1952-1959:

[pic - click to view]

During this time, The leather helmet was just about extinct and the Browns as a team went to the new plastic shell helmets. The Browns also went only with the Orange Helmet, saying goodbye to the White Helmets. A White Stripe was added to the top of the helmet. However, these were minor compared to what Paul Brown later came up with in this era. Changes that would eventually change all of football.In 1953, Otto Graham suffered a facial injury to his mouth area. This lead Coach Paul Brown to design the first really effective facemask. The first facemask was made of pexiglass and later, they were made of metal wrapped in rubber.In 1956, Paul Brown experimented with a helmet equipped with a radio reciever. The helmet was made for Quarterback George Ratterman (Otto Graham retired after the 1955 Season.) so that Paul Brown could send in the plays through the reciever in the helmet.

The experiment lasted three games, both preseason games and the first regular season game before the NFL banned its use. This concept (with modifications and technological updates over the years.) was brought back in the early 1990's.For the 1957 Season, Players Numbers were added to the sides of the helmets. (A pretty common practice for Pro Teams in the 1950's & 60's. It's still done by many College & High School Teams.)

1960-Present:

[pic - click to view]

1960 was the first appearence of the now familiar brown-white-brown stripe pattern. The only two changes (Not including overall helmet technology.) in the helmet design since 1960 have been the removal of the side numbers before the 1962 Season and the white facemasks before the 1975 Season. For the 2006 Season, the Browns are going back to the Gray Facemasks.Over the years (Since the Browns went to the Orange Helmet.) The Shade of Orange went from an almost Burnt Orange (Think of the shade used by the University of Texas.) When in the Browns return in '99, a shade that which could be thought of as "Safety Orange". (Think of Barrells & Cones used on Road Construction Sites.) At times under the right conditions, the appearence would border on a reddish-orange, especially in HDTV. (Think of a Red Grapefruit.) Hopefully, (as a traditionalist.) with the return of the "Old School Retro" Uniforms in 2006, the shade of orange used on the helmet shells also returns to the darker, more subdued shade of orange.

THE BROWNS "CB" LOGO HELMET:

[pic - click to view]

There is however one helmet design that has turned into an urban legend among Browns Fans. It's commonly refered to as the "CB" Helmet.There are differing stories of what year it came out, if they were used in a preseason game, whether the logo was removed before any game, etc. One story about this helmet can be found in the*HELMUT HUT*website.According to Dino Lucarelli (The Cleveland Browns Manager of Alumni Relations.), The Browns did wear them for one preseason game vs. The Packers in Cleveland in 1965. I would love to have a picture from this game. In the event that I get one, it will certainly be displayed here.According to the Helmet Hut website, the story behind this is that Art Modell hated the Brownie Elf logo and eventually got rid of it. He had the NFL make up a logo for his team. Dave Boss (an artist for the NFL.) designed the "CB" Logo. It did end up on many NFL Licensed Products. These are collectors items as you can imagine. I myself have a tin coaster that has a single bar mask helmet with the logo. It's certainly a conversation piece.

Last edited by HARBINGER; 02-13-2013 at 06:10 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #52
lethalastro 
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 23 23
wtf! the hemet in a helmet in a helmet. reminds of that south park episode parody of inception. "a taco inside a taco inside a taco bell inside a kfc."
 02-13-2013, 08:31 AM         #53
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 O_nasty said:

[pic - click to view]

oh sh*t these are hot!!

edit: what is the significance of the elf? I thought their mascot was a dog or some sh*t

Last edited by Braz; 02-13-2013 at 08:35 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #54
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,030 | Props total: 5089 5089
Look better, feel better, play better...
 5 years ago '11        #55
WillieMaysHayes 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,820 | Props total: 9 9
 brazidee said:
oh sh*t these are hot!!

edit: what is the significance of the elf? I thought their mascot was a dog or some sh*t
it was the first logo we had.

i dont mean "we"

stupid autocorrect
 5 years ago '12        #56
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 critiQue said:
its being run thru polls right now so its still up in the air about which is the best..

me personally I like the traditional ones.. Id just switch the colors up..

and definitely put an all brown top & bottom in the mix

..all orange is a little loud but the orange bottoms go good with white tops & orange tops go good with white bottoms..

never been a super fan of the white tops tho or at least all white

and then stick with the traditional brown top.. white bottom

id prolly just work the stripes some.. I really like the blocky straight line look.. same with the number.. it just feels grimey to me, ya know.. classic AFC North sh*t

do not change the fu*king helmets tho

were one of the older franchises in the league and the helmet should carry on with that longevity.. especially since we kept it this long anyway..

Lol thought u said LEGACY but had to re read... Lmfao yall kno yall just takin up locker space. Yall better do what bugs bunny did to his squad on space jam with that bottle of "Mike's secret stuff". Cleveland downso syndrome. Sorry but how do yall feel every season knowing yall ain't goin to the bowl? Damn, must suck to b a jaguars, raiders, browns, and chargers fan
 5 years ago '12        #57
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
Clevand think they on some super sayjin sh*t now huh? Yall better grab the jaquars on some FU...SHUN...HAAAAAAAAAA. go gotenks on a bi*ch, yall still gon suck.
 5 years ago '05        #58
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448 OP
space
space
$48,304 | Props total: 6429 6429
 brazidee said:
oh sh*t these are hot!!

[pic - click to view]

The story of Brownie the Elf the logo begins long before the Cleveland Browns adopted the little creature — long before the team even existed, in fact. "Brownies" date back to folklore, where they were elf-like creatures who helped out with household chores as long as you left them little goodies to eat. Palmer Cox was one of the first artists to illustrate Brownie on a consistent basis in his cartoons. He began drawing and using the elves in advertising work that he produced for different companies, including*Kodak.

[pic - click to view]

All of which brings us, finally, to the Cleveland Browns.The a.ssociation of the elf and the gridiron Browns begins in the late 1940s with Arthur McBride, who was the team's owner at the time. During a string of four incredibly successful seasons from 1946-49 (each of which resulted in an All American Football Conference championship), McBride sought to make his team more recognizable and marketable with music, parades, marching bands, and so on. He also asked for submissions for mascot logos, and after careful consideration chose*Brownie*as the new face of the team.Brownie got an update around 1950 and looked like*this*until 1969.

[pic - click to view]

Alternate logos included an*orange elf*from 1950-69, and ahalfback elf*from 1960-69. After the Browns won the NFL title in 1964 (yes, it was that long ago, Cleveland fans), Brownie was often depicted*with a crown*signifying the team's achievement.Even representatives from the Cleveland Browns are befuddled as to the exact origin, date, and key figures in the creation of the logo (which made its first appearance in an ad for tickets to the 1946 opening game against the Miami Seahawks). However, many of the earliest versions of the elf are credited to d!ck Dugan, who became the sports cartoonist for the*Cleveland Plain Dealer*and often depicted Brownie in battle against the team's opponents, like the*Broncos.

[pic - click to view]

Cleveland fans loved the athletically inclined little creature with pointed shoes, whose image could be seen adorning various publications and advertisements (from both the team and the public), such as in this*1949 Media Guide.So, what do you do with a logo that the fans love?Well, if you're Art Modell, you get rid of it. Apparently, Modell, who became the team's owner in 1961, was completely embarrassed by the elf and hated it so much that in the mid-1960s he began to phase it out. Yes, in addition to taking the team from Cleveland, Modell also was responsible for putting the lovable Brownie on the unemployment line.

[pic - click to view]

Thankfully, when the Browns were resurrected in 1999, Brownie got a new lease on life. New owner Randy Lerner has made a big push to use the elf logo more and more for the organization. "I think it's a great anchor for our tradition and for the look and feel of the Browns," he has said. "But I also understand that there is something to freshening up the act, so I think that's a balancing act we're having right now."As you can see from the team's*sideline ponchos, the organization is using Brownie in more ways than just for merchandise sales (although it's clearly evident from the hats and shirts and fleeces that there is a definite push in that direction too). In fact, the Browns have used the elf logo on the*2006 Training Camp Patch*celebrating the franchise's 60th anniversary, and a throwback elf logo appears on the front of their*2006 Media Guide*(here's a*close-up view).

[pic - click to view]

Fans have embraced Brownie, too — one guy has gotten*permanentreminder of his allegiances.While Brownie's revival is welcome news, there's one place that the elf should never appear, on the helmet (and thankfully, Lerner agrees). Paul Brown actually proposed this idea in 1953, but dismissed the idea after seeing mock-ups created by then trainer Leo Murphy. Good thing too, because the only thing that should ever be added to the team's helmets are uniform numbers, like the ones the team wore with for a throwback game against the Bengals.We're generally pleased with Brownie's reappearance.

[pic - click to view]

It adds a great traditional aspect to the team's imagery, which meshes nicely with the more recent addition of the"Dawg" logo*(but please, let's not have them mesh like*this, ideas that belong in the same graveyard as*this*one).Three other Brownie items of note:

• Brownie was also pressed into mascot duty by the St. Louis Browns baseball team just prior to their move to Baltimore (where they became the Orioles). During this brief run, Brownie appeared on the team's jersey sleeve , on the cover of the team's*1952 schedule, and even on the door to owner Bill Veeck'soffice.

• "Elf Brownie" is also the name of a*typeface

Last edited by HARBINGER; 02-13-2013 at 09:43 AM..
 02-13-2013, 09:43 AM         #59
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Misleading title, fan made this, this "mod" should be ashamed of himself.
 02-13-2013, 09:45 AM         #60
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this could either turn out great or horrible because the browns have such an iconic uni

[pic - click to view]

LOL at the inception helmet
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
129 comments
2 days ago