Feb 11 - Lightning strikes Vatican hours after Pope's shock resignation

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
5889 pageviews
42 comments

SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,232 | Props total: 1251 1251
Feb 11 - Lightning strikes Vatican hours after Pope's shock resignation

[pic - click to view]

This was the moment lightning struck the Vatican today - hours after Pope Benedict XVI's bolt-from-the-blue resignation.

The lightning touched the dome of St. Peter's Basilica, one of the holiest Catholic churches, after the Pope's shock admission he lacks strength to do the job.

The Vatican stressed that no specific medical condition prompted Benedict's decision to quit - the first pontiff to do so in 600 years.

The move surprised even his closest aides, even though Benedict, 85, had made clear in the past he would step down if he became too old or infirm.

In recent years, however, the pope has slowed down significantly, cutting back his foreign travel and limiting his audiences.

He now goes to and from the altar in St Peter's Basilica on a moving platform, to spare him the long walk down the aisle. Occasionally he uses a cane.

His 89-year-old brother, Georg Ratzinger, said doctors had recently advised the pope not to take any more trans-Atlantic trips.

"His age is weighing on him," Mr Ratzinger said. "At this age my brother wants more rest."

Benedict announced his resignation in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals, calling it "a decision of great importance for the life of the church."

He emphasised that carrying out the duties of being pope requires "both strength of mind and body."

He told the cardinals: "I have come to the certainty that my strengths due to an advanced age are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry."
The Vatican will hold a conclave before Easter to elect a new pope, with Benedict holding great sway over who should succeed him to lead the world's one billion Catholics.

Benedict has already hand-picked the bulk of the College of Cardinals - the princes of the church who will elect the next pope - to guarantee his conservative legacy and ensure an orthodox future for the church.

There are no obvious front-runners - the same situation when Benedict was elected in 2005 after the death of Pope John Paul II.

Given half of the world's Catholics live in the global south, there will once again be arguments for a pope to come from the developing world.

When Benedict was elected aged 78, he was the oldest pope chosen in nearly 300 years.

He had raised the possibility of resigning if he were simply too old or sick to continue on, when he was interviewed in 2010 for the book "Light of the World."

"If a pope clearly realises that he is no longer physically, psychologically and spiritually capable of handling the duties of his office, then he has a right, and under some circumstances, also an obligation to resign," Benedict said.

The former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger had an intimate view as Pope John Paul II, with whom he had worked closely for nearly a quarter-century, suffered through the debilitating end of his papacy.

The Vatican said immediately after his resignation, Benedict would go to Castel Gandolfo, a summer retreat south of Rome, and then would live in a cloistered monastery.

Benedict said he would serve the church for the remainder of his days "through a life dedicated to prayer."

[pic - click to view]

Lightning strikes Vatican on the day the Pope resigns: Bolt hits St. Peter's Basilica hours after Benedict XVI's shock news - Mirror Online

42 comments for "Feb 11 - Lightning strikes Vatican hours after Pope's shock resignation"

5 years ago '09        #2
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
this is why that piece of sh*t stepped down

[video - click to view]

lord bout to strike the vatican down
 5 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,203 | Props total: 19845 19845
^^^ saw that movie the other day, fu*ked up sh*t.
 5 years ago '11        #4
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
 ill 800 said:

minimafiaaj said:
^^^ saw that movie the other day, fu*ked up sh*t.
pm me the link
 02-12-2013, 12:58 AM         #5
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 02-12-2013, 01:05 AM         #6
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I ain't Catholic but damn that's a bad sign I wouldn't be surprised if they found him dead soon but of course they gonna blme that on his "age issue" of resigning
 5 years ago '07        #7
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,617 | Props total: 2460 2460
 Chopzilla said:
I ain't Catholic but damn that's a bad sign I wouldn't be surprised if they found him dead soon but of course they gonna blme that on his "age issue" of resigning
n*gga are you 85 years of age or even have the slighest idea of the wear and tear your body has gone through, both physically and mentally, by the time one reaches that age? NO so stfu..he was already old as fu*k and probably wanted to stop putting the strain on himself to contiue to perform his pope duties..it takes a smart man to know when he's had enough and no longer can continue what he's doing..not to mention incredibly humble to step down from such a position of power like that.. @ looking more into it than what it really is
 5 years ago '07        #8
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 5 years ago '07        #9
space
space
 keejee said:
pm me the link
I dvrd it on hbo im sure there is a link for it somewhere tho.
 5 years ago '07        #10
space
space
 Deniro732 said:
n*gga are you 85 years of age or even have the slighest idea of the wear and tear your body has gone through, both physically and mentally, by the time one reaches that age? NO so stfu..he was already old as fu*k and probably wanted to stop putting the strain on himself to contiue to perform his pope duties..it takes a smart man to know when he's had enough and no longer can continue what he's doing..not to mention incredibly humble to step down from such a position of power like that.. @ looking more into it than what it really is
Humble?
 02-12-2013, 02:43 AM         #11
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Noticed that sh*t too

Signalling a new change/era of leadership of the church maybe?

Or a new era of bad moral leadership/the fall of the church?

was pretty coincidental
 5 years ago '10        #12
Jonnyboysoul 76 heat pts76
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 55 55
sh*t is GOING DOWN!
 5 years ago '10        #13
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
@the idiots in this fu*kin thread thinking that this is some kind of sign. first off if there was a god what the fu*k is the point of waiting hours for lightning to strike??? god was late checking twitter???? 2nd this isn't the first time lightning has struck a church. catholic priests have been molesting boys for centuries and all they get is a lightning strike?? religion got the brain wash game on lock.
 02-12-2013, 02:20 PM         #14
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bilderbergs, obama....

they're fu*king the world up....only the poor think otherwise.....(they don't have enough money to see the devaluing of their hard earned (because they ain't work!!!) money....

dumb motherfu*kers....you think when he says the world is the reason, that it's too crazy...the last beacon of true freedom was removed from earth in 2008 when america went to "socialized healthcare" already signed into action military police to patrol us soil for when people grow a brain and realize obama's not black, he's the definition of ****** -- the person in the hood no one likes, unless they can use him, regardless of who it hurts.....

look at your lives now...lets say in 2008 you had 10$, haha, ok blunt rollers and 40 drinkers, that would mean today, by inflation you would need to have 14$...in 4 years it should NEVER go up that fast, if only that dumbfu*k weren't printing money to give it to you....it's ok, you lost....

PS...there's a reason you're still poor :(
 5 years ago '11        #15
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,270 | Props total: 25108 25108
 ill 800 said:

so one priest can just break down everything for you anti-catholics?

so them using the current pope to promote that film helps in what way?

them bombarding him with questions and him not wanting to answer is a normal human characteristic
 5 years ago '09        #16
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
 Dray said:

them bombarding him with questions and him not wanting to answer is a normal human characteristic
Shut the fu*k up. You don't know anything about the story. They've been covering up and protecting pedophiles for hundreds of years. One priest? Lmfao. U are delusional. Watch the documentary or keep ur head in the sand. This isn't a new story.
 5 years ago '04        #17
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
 Dray said:

As a former Catholic for 17 years I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that the organization is corrupt, shady, greedy and extremely cult-like. Catholicism is the reason I began flirting with Atheism. Thankfully I saw the flaws in that line of thinking and have decided to travel down my own path of spirituality and develop my own beliefs and personal relationship with God.

I went to Catholic school for 4 years and it was the worst time of my life. We had one priest arrested for fu*king one of the students. Another was on the run from the police and they eventually discovered he was hiding out at our school. Then there was the priest who was the Athletic Director in which they found him with lewd pictures of girls that played on various sports teams. Then there was the Monsignor who was racists and one of the most greedy men I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Out of the dozen priests at our school, I would say 3 were regular, normal people. All the others had major character flaws, but we able to mask them behind their frocks.
 5 years ago '09        #18
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,398 | Props total: 10498 10498
Buncha conspiracy OMGZERG@!!!!!! in here. Lightning can't strike buildings now or else it means something?
 5 years ago '12        #19
Who cares 
space
space
space
$345 | Props total: 135 135
lightning struck my house once... the fu*k does that mean???
 5 years ago '13        #20
CasualCannabis 
space
space
$243 | Props total: 2 2
Fake as hell.

Let me guess God told someone to stand outside with a camera the instant the pope resigned
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy