XXL Presents... Hip-Hop's 10 Greatest Ghostwriters

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
171 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
124 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,895 | Props total: 9040 9040
I agree with Skillz as #1, first one that came to mind
 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM         #42
Satire  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cankstoochie said:
doesnt seem credible
okay.
 5 years ago '07        #43
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,622 | Props total: 10639 10639
When n*ggas hear "write" they think that a n*gga jus wrote a whole 16 and handed it to the other person.sometimes its like that but most of the time its jus a n*gga pitchin a line here and there
 5 years ago '07        #44
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
Diddy fu*king sucks to be having all these good a.ss writers..that's what I got out of this article lol

That "Still D.R.E" verse from has Jay all over it

Didn't know Nas wrote "the Watcher" for Dre..it sounds like Eminem imo and I always a.ssumed it was him.Nice.

Eminem belongs on this list though for sure.

Also,I know none of yall care but TI wrote a album for Bow Wow(when he had that song/video w/ Birdman)

TI had Bow Wow spitting some flames(mainly because he sounded just like TI lol)

Not enough to get Tip on the list but worthy of an honorable mention

Last edited by blackjewelz; 02-13-2013 at 06:50 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #45
SmashSS 3 heat pts
space
space
$320 | Props total: 97 97
 N.O.4Life said:
When n*ggas hear "write" they think that a n*gga jus wrote a whole 16 and handed it to the other person.sometimes its like that but most of the time its jus a n*gga pitchin a line here and there
Exactly. Thats how Dre works even when he is producing. He likes to work with ideas, then he develops them.

Last edited by SmashSS; 02-13-2013 at 06:59 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #46
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
Jay-Z wrote I Ain't Heard Of That by Slim Thug?

I'd like to reply with a huge GTFO... Is that real? And who is Pro The Spectacula?
 5 years ago '04        #47
therealness 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,436 | Props total: 1570 1570
 WCIB said:
Jay-Z wrote I Ain't Heard Of That by Slim Thug?

I'd like to reply with a huge GTFO... Is that real? And who is Pro The Spectacula?
This makes me wonder about that list because I Aint Heard of That was supposed to be Jay Zs song (Change Clothes remix I think) but Jay wind up not using it and Slim Thug got on it. So alot of those songs were prob just given to the other artist but idt the orginal artist wrote the verses. They prob just came up with the concept/chorus.
 5 years ago '06        #48
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,524 | Props total: 6751 6751
Those checks are nice
 5 years ago '07        #49
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Satire said:
Why do I find it hard to believe that Ma$e had people ghostwrite for him? I remember a thread a while back showing a TON of songs that he wrote
mase never had a ghostwriter

"I was murdah P diddy made me pretty did it for the money now can u get with me"
 02-13-2013, 09:33 PM         #50
Satire  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
mase never had a ghostwriter

"I was murdah P diddy made me pretty did it for the money now can u get with me"
According to the OP, Skillz wrote for Ma$e but I just don't believe it
 5 years ago '05        #51
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
He only wrote the chorus (he was originally on the chorus as well)

It's like when 50 said he wrote 6 songs for game when he only wrote the choruses for them songs lol

And it's true a person can be credited as a writer and all the got to do is contribute a lyric a word or melody to the record
So you're saying that the people that are saying Kanye had sh*t written for him are blowing things out of proportion compared to someone like Dre having entire VERSES written for him?

I mean, if Kanye had entire verses written for him, I'll shut up, but I'd like to see proof first. Same with that Nas sh*t. No proof = bullsh*t until proven otherwise.
 5 years ago '05        #52
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
The whole second verse of Jesus Walks was by Rhymefest

It's kind of grimy it was his verse and Kanye took him off the record and just spat Rhymefest whole verse lmao

I put it like this Kanye gets credit for producing beats other producers did so if he has producers producing for him he has writers writing for him as well
I don't care as long as its hot but Kanye is a perfectionist so most of he time he edits rhymes (and beats) And I don't know his process but more than likely its very varied

He can write a verse and have big Sean throw him a line here and there or he can have Cons write the whole song for him and he rewrites all of cons verses

Again I don't know how he works except that he will work on a record for more than a few days trying to make it perfect and a lot of times bring people to help make it perfect
That second verse was Rhymefest's??? Wow. Where do people find these things out? I never knew this.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
92 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
185 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy