Hip Hop Confessions Pt.1

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
248 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #241
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
Starlito (All-Star) Most def don't get the credit he deserves in the rap game
 5 years ago '08        #242
stead21 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,908 | Props total: 3656 3656
 Switchc2390 said:
- Joe Budden is good but dude is not as great as everyone on this board makes him out to be. I'd take Phonte or Elzhi easily over him.
- There is no such thing as a "conscious" rapper. It's am empty title. The rappers people try to put in those boxes don't even accept it.
- Like said above, people who only rep either the mainstream or underground are equally annoying. Good music is just good music.
- Stillmatic > Blueprint.
- GKMC was an incredible album, but with that said I doubt I'll play it front to back ten times in my lifetime.
- Illmatic is every bit as great as people say it is. The storytelling/lyrics/everything on that album is unparalleled to me.
- Little Brother/Cunninlynguists are both top 10 rap groups.
- Tonedeff has the best flow of all time and is arguably the most talented rapper. If he actually put out more material he would have easily been one of the greatest.
- Phonte puts words together as well as anybody I've ever heard.
- Midnight Marauders is the best produced album I've heard.
- People say 3 stacks is overrated because they see his image or haven't really listened to him. Dude is one of the best.
- GZA will never quite get the acclaim he deserves. One of the best rappers ever.
- Jay-Z is the most well rounded rapper I've heard. But he doesn't do anything excellent to me, so there's others better.
- The Roots put out two of the best back to back albums I've heard in a long time.(HIGO, Undun)
- Resurrection by Common is incredibly underrated. The wordplay on that album may still be unparalleled to this day.
- Blu & Exile's "Give me the Flowers.." wasn't as good as Below the Heavens, but it was still an incredible album.
- Slug/Murs are both incredibly underrated artists.
- Posdnous from De La Soul may be the most underrated rapper ever, and De La Soul may be the most underrated group ever.
You got some sense!

SV>>>>>> Tribe
 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM         #243
sigel84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody out shine sigelsigelyall
 5 years ago '07        #244
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM         #245
Brolic757  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do people say redman was ill? Help me out here
Drake and t-boz would make a perfect album together
Joe and tahiry are milking out their love story for exposure they probably r cool as hell
How and the hell does macklemore sell tons of records on a indie
indie rock has took hip hop place as the peoples music
scarface is the king of the south and is top 10
In order to be a goat your first album has to he a classic if not you are disqualified
I like J. Money shake-n-bake. Please dont judge me
gucci mane lemonade beat slapped in the whip
I like wat OTF initials stand for and i probably would of named my group the same
Every rapper has to have some form of fun record dosent hve to be clubbish but fun.

Dipset dont really like each other no more they are just doing it for money
 5 years ago '07        #246
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Big boi gets slept on cuz he doesnt do unusual stuff like andre but hes just as good
Most Northern hiphop heads dont know much about southern hip hop cuz theyre biased but a lot of southerners respect the north cuz southerners have decency
Most eastcoast beats suck
Trap became boring when errbody jumped on the bandwagon
Joe budden and wale were decent but I cant bump them anymore
 5 years ago '07        #247
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
 Brolic757 said:
Why do people say redman was ill? Help me out here
Drake and t-boz would make a perfect album together
Joe and tahiry are milking out their love story for exposure they probably r cool as hell
How and the hell does macklemore sell tons of records on a indie
indie rock has took hip hop place as the peoples music
scarface is the king of the south and is top 10
In order to be a goat your first album has to he a classic if not you are disqualified
I like J. Money shake-n-bake. Please dont judge me
gucci mane lemonade beat slapped in the whip
I like wat OTF initials stand for and i probably would of named my group the same
Every rapper has to have some form of fun record dosent hve to be clubbish but fun.

Dipset dont really like each other no more they are just doing it for money
Redman is dope bruh
 5 years ago '06        #248
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
DJ Paul & Juicy J=GOAT Producers

Gucci Mane has a better discography than Young Jeezy,Rick Ross and Lil Wayne if you include the mixtapes.

Lil Boosie is one of the best southern rappers ever.

Young Dro has outrapped TI on every song they've ever done together.

Kanye is overrated as fu*k as a rapper.

East 1999>Any Wu Group album.

NY fell off when Dipset broke up.

50 Cent/G-Unit got corny right after GRODT came out.

Kanye West is hella overrated as a rapper and producer.
 5 years ago '12        #249
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,449 | Props total: 12815 12815
I've never listed to an Outkast album, ever...I downloaded ATLiens the other day but still havent heard
I used to hate everyone that Pac had beef with..Nas, Mobb Deep, jay, big etc
I've since grown up and gave them all a chance
Nas is now my 2nd fav ever
Mobb Deep is the best duo ever
jayz sucks to me, I just dont get it
Big isn't horrible but he isn't great to me
Big Pun>Big
Cannot name the name of 1 Busta song
Dont listen to any of the new rappers, none of them
Joe Budden is the best rapper alive excluding Nas and Face
wayne sucks, always has
drake sucks, always has
Ross is average
Game is one of my favs but he gets annoying
Doctors Advocate>The Documentary
Makaveli will always be the greatest of all time
 5 years ago '06        #250
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,127 | Props total: 4717 4717
I wanted Philly to run the game when State Prop was signed to Roc. More so a major figga fan but State Prop had more spotlight.

After philly's run or during Philly's run. I wanted ChiTown to run it to. Lupe Bump J Common Kayne to name a few...this was all back then & before son with the dreads was popping.

I Always preferred Queens' rappers over Brooklyn..even though I've been a brooklyn n*gga 98% of my life.
 5 years ago '11        #251
DboyFlexxxin 
space
space
$333 | Props total: 247 247
- Lil Boosie is one of the best to ever write (IMO) and spits the absolute realest sh*t, almost. (listen to what about me)
-Gucci Mane 05-07 was and forever will be the greatest trap rapper
-biggie outshines tupac on nearly every track
-big L is not recognized enough
- it really pisses me off when people say they like 3 6 mafia and havnt heard riding in da chevy, love to make a stang, mystic styles, or anything pre-2000. also, when 3 6 was on there devil sh*t is fu*kennn crazy

Last edited by DboyFlexxxin; 02-11-2013 at 04:24 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #252
ndesent 
space
space
$1,215 | Props total: 23 23
I dont know what half of these mean
GRODT
GKMC
RTD
LAD

JUST SPELL THE DAMN TITLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 02-11-2013, 04:23 PM         #253
*Missy*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haven't listen to a full album from 2pac or Big
 5 years ago '10        #254
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,784 | Props total: 2884 2884
 Switchc2390 said:
- Joe Budden is good but dude is not as great as everyone on this board makes him out to be. I'd take Phonte or Elzhi easily over him.
- There is no such thing as a "conscious" rapper. It's am empty title. The rappers people try to put in those boxes don't even accept it.
- Like said above, people who only rep either the mainstream or underground are equally annoying. Good music is just good music.
- Stillmatic > Blueprint.
- GKMC was an incredible album, but with that said I doubt I'll play it front to back ten times in my lifetime.
- Illmatic is every bit as great as people say it is. The storytelling/lyrics/everything on that album is unparalleled to me.
- Little Brother/Cunninlynguists are both top 10 rap groups.
- Tonedeff has the best flow of all time and is arguably the most talented rapper. If he actually put out more material he would have easily been one of the greatest.
- Phonte puts words together as well as anybody I've ever heard.
- Midnight Marauders is the best produced album I've heard.
- People say 3 stacks is overrated because they see his image or haven't really listened to him. Dude is one of the best.
- GZA will never quite get the acclaim he deserves. One of the best rappers ever.
- Jay-Z is the most well rounded rapper I've heard. But he doesn't do anything excellent to me, so there's others better.
- The Roots put out two of the best back to back albums I've heard in a long time.(HIGO, Undun)
- Resurrection by Common is incredibly underrated. The wordplay on that album may still be unparalleled to this day.
- Blu & Exile's "Give me the Flowers.." wasn't as good as Below the Heavens, but it was still an incredible album.
- Slug/Murs are both incredibly underrated artists.
- Posdnous from De La Soul may be the most underrated rapper ever, and De La Soul may be the most underrated group ever.
a musically inclined ear for greatness.
 5 years ago '10        #255
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,784 | Props total: 2884 2884
- Kool G Rap is STILL top 5....can STILL write better than most 'lyrical' rappers
- AZ is the best rapper (ever) from BK...arguably best ever in hip hop.
- Bee Why would have been the best rapper to ever come outta Queens...had he ever came out
- Juelz had potential to be better than Camron (Final Destination & From Me to U era in his career).
- Jay Electronica wouldve been ushered in as the modern day Nas...had he dropped his album after Exhibit C, regardless of sales
- REAL 'street report/rapport (pun intended)' is the biggest void missing
- Hip-hop & rap are not the same
 5 years ago '05        #256
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,242 | Props total: 9646 9646
 MagicOnTheTire said:
-Snoop is the most overrated rapper of all time. He has 1 classic album, every album after is trash
-7 Day Theory is Pac's best album
I wouldn't even disagree with you on snoop if Tha Doggfather, Tha Last Meal, Top Dogg, and the Blue Carpet Treatment didn't exist.

His catalogue of his best songs damn near murders any rapper.... Plenty albums of his I don't like and they're mostly after Blue Carpet Treatment.
 5 years ago '04        #257
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
black album is overrated and only sold because it was marketed as Jay last album

After Eminem show all his sh*t is wack to me

Carter 1 is the best carter and yes Mannie has alot to do with

I never heard a Drake album but i fu*k with some of his features

Lil wayne's mixtape discography is better than his album discography imo

Everybody knows Ross is a fraud but he makes good music
 5 years ago '10        #258
nikodarippa 4 heat pts
space
space
$480 | Props total: 123 123
Eminem is the greatest rapper of all time, well most skilled and I;m black

Jay only has 3 great albums the same number as eminem

Jay got destroyed by Eminem on renegade

Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper in this generation

Andre 3k is top 5 dead or alive

Jus Allah had probably one of the illest quotables in rap history on I Against I

Z-ro is the a top 10 rapper of all time and houston rap music in general is very underrated and not that Kirko Bangz bullsh*t

Money Trees hook is one og the greatest hooks of all time and Jay Rock's verse is legendary

All of those forefathers of rap are dusty as fu*k and I can't stand them

It Was Written is nas best album

I hate Tupac, he was a fraud and a peon, n*gga was a backup dancer for Digital Underground and then all of a sudden he became this thug out gangsta or whatever
 5 years ago '04        #259
thechef 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,140 | Props total: 2287 2287
- the roots "game theory" is a classic album to me, and i feel very slept on.

- i wasn't much of a de la soul fan growing up, but i've come around more to a lot of their stuff. 'the grind date' is probably my favorite album. tight, concise, thorough with both beats and lyrics. no filler.

- my top 5 all time producers: dre, rza, premier, kanye, alchemist.

- kingdom come would be okay if it was any one else's album, kinda subpar for jay-z. american gangster absolutely sh*tted on that tho.

- i miss the days of one rapper/group, one producer. does every rap album out now need like 6-7 producers? nobody can hold down an entire album solo?

- ton of features? crappy album.

- rap beefs carried out on twitter/social media - get out of here with that sh*t.

- the 7 day theory has probably the most raw emotion i ever heard before in an album, and since.

- 808's grew on me. hated on it at first (as far as concept albums go, 'the love below' sh*ts all over it) but i came around to it a little bit. my beautiful dark twisted fantasy (and the good music friday releases?) mindblowing. i've listened to that album so many times. excellent, top to bottom.
 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM         #260
Glorydayz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay-Z was already better than Biggie in 96.

I dont really like Illmatic.

I think Pun would sh*t on Big but out of respect I never say it in conversation.

Lupe has never and will never fulfill the hype he had during his Food and Liquor days.

I always thought Big was nice but not top 5 material.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy