Hip Hop Confessions Pt.1

most viewed right now
Video inside When Meek send you that DC4... Jawn crazy bulls...
most viewed right now
NBA Ben Simmons Bodied NCAA/NBA System & Twitter Troll With One Tweet
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wiz khalifa & new gf wearing matching leggings
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she can hunt my dream

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '08        #221
$275 | Props total: 0 0
 johnnysnow said:
Jay rock is the best in Black Hippy.

Kendrick Lamar is very boring.

Joey Badass is even more boring.

Earl sweatshirt isn't good.

Most of them members in Wu Tang are horrible.

Lupe Fiasco is whack.

Nipsey Hussle's The Marathon was best body of work to come out from the west coast in recent years.
I thought it was common knowledge to everyone that everybody after Rae, Ghost and Meth the rest of the Wu was garbage. Minus Liquid Swords from GZA
 4 years ago '07        #222
Bullseye 57 heat pts57
$8,371 | Props total: 783 783
Q-Tip is a REAL REAL dope rapper and highly underrated as a rapper because his production is so good. He k!lled it on "Sucka n*gga" and many other tracks. If you pay attention to his performance, dude was dope!

Doggystyle is a top 5 rap record of all time. Almost a perfect album from top to bottom.

Lauryn Hill is the best female rapper ever.

Jay-Z says he doesn't sit down and write rhymes and I believe it cause most of the time his verses are trash. When he does sit down and write though, he got that flame. He's a highly talented rapper who should sit down and write more than just tryin to freestyle everything and recording it like that.

Biggie was a highly skilled rapper and I loved listening to him, but I wouldn't say he was "great". Same goes for Big Pun.

Kanye is the most important rap artist of this generation.

Nas is the greatest lyricist of all time. There are so many other great ones so we sometimes forget but when his pen game is on point, nobody stands beside him.

Drake is Lil Wayne with a better voice and better writing.

Freestyle rap battles >>> Written rap battles

Last edited by Bullseye; 02-11-2013 at 09:11 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #223
twebb 16 heat pts16
$923 | Props total: 53 53
My Top 5: wayne, kanye, jay, tip and rick ross

Future is currently my favorite artist

I have never listened to Joe Buddens... he is trash

Why do people think Lupe is good?

Cam'ron is my favorite New York rapper

New York rap is sooo trash now

Trinidad Jame$ is the New Atlanta

I was fu*kin with Tity Boi before 2Chainz... pause

I'm just sayin!
 4 years ago '07        #224
Bullseye 57 heat pts57
$8,371 | Props total: 783 783
 Kingbonafyde said:
I thought it was common knowledge to everyone that everybody after Rae, Ghost and Meth the rest of the Wu was garbage. Minus Liquid Swords from GZA
Common knowledge to teenagers maybe. Only one I could say is even close to wack in the group is U-God.

Meth, Rae, Ghost, INS, ODB, Gza, Masta k!lla and Rza all are dope in their own right. I'm sure you've never even heard 36 Chambers to be making that kind of statement. Do yourself a favor and get that album and bump that sh*t for at least a week and then return to this thread.
 4 years ago '06        #225
$537 | Props total: 70 70
Y'all gone hate me, but Joe Budden is a really good rapper.
 4 years ago '06        #226
$537 | Props total: 70 70
GKMC is the most conceptually sound album I have ever heard. It's destined to be a classic... Also mainstream listeners have no idea how good Section.80 is.
 4 years ago '05        #227
Scorpz 6 heat pts
$2,440 | Props total: 8789 8789
The Game >>>>> ur fav rappers fav rapper..
Jesus Piece was album of the year over GKMC (definitely 2nd best)

And weezys homo raps are the worst thing to ever happen to hip-hop..
even worse then those dress/skirts these suspect n*ggas be wearing
 4 years ago '05        #228
Switchc2390 9 heat pts
$16,907 | Props total: 941 941
- Joe Budden is good but dude is not as great as everyone on this board makes him out to be. I'd take Phonte or Elzhi easily over him.
- There is no such thing as a "conscious" rapper. It's am empty title. The rappers people try to put in those boxes don't even accept it.
- Like said above, people who only rep either the mainstream or underground are equally annoying. Good music is just good music.
- Stillmatic > Blueprint.
- GKMC was an incredible album, but with that said I doubt I'll play it front to back ten times in my lifetime.
- Illmatic is every bit as great as people say it is. The storytelling/lyrics/everything on that album is unparalleled to me.
- Little Brother/Cunninlynguists are both top 10 rap groups.
- Tonedeff has the best flow of all time and is arguably the most talented rapper. If he actually put out more material he would have easily been one of the greatest.
- Phonte puts words together as well as anybody I've ever heard.
- Midnight Marauders is the best produced album I've heard.
- People say 3 stacks is overrated because they see his image or haven't really listened to him. Dude is one of the best.
- GZA will never quite get the acclaim he deserves. One of the best rappers ever.
- Jay-Z is the most well rounded rapper I've heard. But he doesn't do anything excellent to me, so there's others better.
- The Roots put out two of the best back to back albums I've heard in a long time.(HIGO, Undun)
- Resurrection by Common is incredibly underrated. The wordplay on that album may still be unparalleled to this day.
- Blu & Exile's "Give me the Flowers.." wasn't as good as Below the Heavens, but it was still an incredible album.
- Slug/Murs are both incredibly underrated artists.
- Posdnous from De La Soul may be the most underrated rapper ever, and De La Soul may be the most underrated group ever.
 4 years ago '06        #229
3rdcoasta 101 heat pts101
$2,940 | Props total: 0 0
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:

the Geto Boys are better than NWA but just slightly...........

in the mid 90's there wasnt anybody that could fu*k with Kurupt..........

been saying this for years!!!!!
 4 years ago '06        #230
LYTE 96 heat pts96
$12,782 | Props total: 1413 1413
 box5 said:

William Roberts has never spit two quotable bars back to back yet you new fu*ks say he hot, fu*k y'all and y'all future kids for putting extras on that fraudulent equal

I use to think wutang was a fake a.ss juice crew
lol@fake a.ss juice crew. I dont like Ricky but his verse on Free Mason is a very good verse

ballergenetics said:
Kingdom Come is a good album.

Brolic757 said:
dont know who ali vegas action bronson or who the fu*k hopsin
d/l Generation Gap album though I admit his after 2000 work i dont f with. I always thought he had identity crisis problem. sounded like nas than hove@Ali Vegas

Brolic757 said:
joe budden are u in the mood yet the song is some of the deepest sh*t i ever heard a rapper spit
joe budden broken wing freestyle is better than pacs until the end of time
Are You In....? is the song that came on while listening to ipod on random & made me check for MM series. MM2 is king. idk about that second quote though.

SmokeyTheBlunt said:
chronic 2001 is one of the worst albums Ive ever attempted to listen to and Chronic 2000 is alot better.........

AZ has a better discography than NAS...........
No Pun intended but I thought it was just the Chronic & Chronic 2001? .....Ok i just googled & see Suge dropped a comp called the Chronic 2000. Im not a Dre. fan so I was confused.

And cant agree with that AZ comment though. he lacks versatility in the creative dept. & Im a fan of AZ too

Method Man Is Top 10
QUOTE] really? who is your top 10. Just want to know.

SmokeyTheBlunt said:

Im going to go ahead and do one more, had The Firm been NAS, AZ and Mega the album would have turned out classic.........
I want to add on & say if the beats on the Firm were done by more than Dre & TM, it prolly would of been cooler too.

Brolic757 said:
Alot of rappers before they got deals werent getting pus*y even pac.
I dont see why niggss overlike rakim.
lol@1st how do you know? I agree with Rakim though.

S W A N said:
Loved Wu but never really understood what the fuk them n*ggas was rapping about....Especiall Ghostface and thats my favorite member

tonygunz said:
Dr. Dre as a rapper and producer is overrated

Meek Mill stole his style from Peedi Crakk

Thinking of when Freeway begged "put a beat on" when he battled Cassidy, I laugh my a.ss off
Agree@ Dre. Are you saying that because Cass said it or always thought that?@meek hell yea. that "put a beat on" was crazy. No lie Free would of rode the hell out of the beat though. #Fact

Lazy Mikey said:
The only Jay-z album I play is The Blueprint, and thats cause of the raw production.

I don't think any Hip Hop artist released 3 very solid albums in a row except Em.
BP is my fav Jay album. I think Nas 1st 3 were solid releases.

[quote=Donthate707;26153477]if biggie didnt die jay wouldnt be as popular

DoobieSnax213 said:
The first rap song I ever heard was lil Kim's how many licks

I jus lost any and all credibility I had in the hip hop world

Brolic757 said:
Prodigy hnic is a classic
I have never heard qb finest..ever
Az and Nas had a slight beef going on in the early in mid 2000s

I have gotten deep into mos def. Didnt knw dude was playing on black sitcoms in the early 90s around 90-92 and is great friends with bill cosby. He also played on the cosby mysteries. Youtube it u will see mos def in a Short live sitcom with malcolm jamal warner in 1992 and he also played in a sitcom with neil carter in 1990 as her son.
I liked HNIC alot. idk about classic but I wont even debate cause i can see how it can be called 1. P held it down with over 20 tracks. QB Finest was cool. "Find Ya Wealth" by Nas. "self consciencE" by Nas/P.......what was this Nas/Sosa beef about?? are you talking about the show by Malcolm Jamal Warner that had Omar Epps featured as a thug sometimes??

KDash3rdLetter said:
- I believe Mobb Deep is a top 5 of all-time duo
- Queensbridge Projects has put out better rappers than most cities
 jdario said:
-Cormega is the best outta QB- Listen to True Meaning
-Ma$e- Double Up is underrated
-Camron- SDE = Classic
-I thought Postaboy had potential (Jurassic Harlem)
Really good ones...

[quote=ceo-of-hucworld;26155641 Dr. Dre is one of the most over hyped producers in the industry

-50 Cent's best album was the unreleased "Power of The Dollar"

-Cormega and AZ should have released more albums[/QUOTE]
I think Dre is over hyped but I think a lot of that comes cause he signed Em. I should revisit POD. Havent heard it in yearrrs... Maybe Cormega cause AZ has over 7 albums.

kk504 said:
i am is nas' second best album to me. in fact, the production on that has aged far better than illmatic.

ife after death was better than ready to die.

was never a fan of pac's until after he died... and even then, aeom is a terribly overrated album. 7 day theory >>>>> aeom.
I am is my favorite OVERALL nas album.....I agree with LAD...7 day is my fav. Pac album followed by MATW...
 BoxdenSleuth said:
You should have stolen an English textbook.
got me there.

I wish Cormega got more mainstream recognition
Sha Stimuli is creative.
 4 years ago '06        #231
$2,171 | Props total: 45 45
Nelly k!lled hip hop after that video where they where in the road kinda like a country theme

MTV fell off after they got rid of the box

Az always outshines nas on songs they did together
 4 years ago '07        #232
KeepinItTrill 22 heat pts22
$40,885 | Props total: 3209 3209
 Surreality said:
cormega is painfully underrated
the texas hip-hop scene from the mid 90's to the early 2000's was unfu*kwitable
I don't really listen to hip-hop as much as I used to, I listen to more instrumental sh*t
asides from Kanye and/or Common, hip-hop in Chicago is irrelevant to me
I never really cared for Wayne's music after The Carter I...not that it's bad but I never bumped it as much
IMHO if you don't know or haven't listened to Scarface, Ice Cube, Rakim, BDK or Kool G Rap you're not a true fan of this...those are the true first pioneers of lyricism
you aint lyin'

now there's only like 3 dudes from TX really droppin sh*t now
 4 years ago '11        #233
1andonlyKingP 100 heat pts100
$12,651 | Props total: 2648 2648
 illstate11 said:
Az always outshines nas on songs they did together
I don't anybody says otherwise. This is damn near fact
 4 years ago '06        #234
Clyde 1066 heat pts1066
$29,796 | Props total: 9202 9202
-I feel like Battlecat is an underrated producer for the work he's done throughout the years
-I haven't liked any of Kanye's albums since Graduation
-I'm one of few n*ggas I know out here in Cali like feel Biggie more than Tupac
-Can't stand to listen to any of Nas' recent material, though i admit he's a great lyricist
-Never liked Immortal technique
-GRODT movie better than 8 Mile
-First album I purchased with my own money was Bow Wow's first album (I was 8)
-Ja Rule's verse actually outshined Jay on "Can I Get A..."
-Feel indifferent about Wu Tang's material (as a whole)
-Lil Wayne and Cassidy were my favorite rappers when i was in high school
-Never heard that song that goes "Pop a Molly, I'm Sweatin" so I don't get the references nor do I want to hear it
 4 years ago '04        #235
slapaho 2 heat pts
$6,105 | Props total: 1878 1878
ima throw a few out there

proof was better than eminem

tx has some of the best rappers to ever pic up a mic

master p is a legend and inspired a bulk of the rappers that have dropped in the last 10 yrs excluding nobody

if i didnt think port of miami was so trash i might've gave rozay a chance.

even tho lil b is trash..his net hustle is bar none

spice 1 is the best gangsta rapper of all times

oj da juiceman makes the best trap music out of bric squad

project pat is the most underrated MCs from any era

i like cage before he stopped doing drugs

hi-tek is better than 90% of the new producers

shawty redd and beat bangerz are better producers than lex chop southside and mike will

i think eminem will never do a song with tech n9ne for fear tech will take his spot with white kids for good.

kurupt was 15 yrs ahead of most rappers in the 90's

busta rhymes genesis is a near classic

premo is better than dr.dre

and dj quik is the best rapper/producer from compton

i dont think j dilla is the best producer ever

twista sold out for fame that he didnt even get.

jermaine dupri is actually a dope producer
lady of rage would k!ll many of the rappers out right now

i bought jay-z blueprint 2 and was kinda excited about it.

i prefered 2chainz when he was tity boi

ludacris is boring but #1 spot and child of the night are two of the best songs ever made

if lloyd banks came out as a solo artist with no 50 cent he'd be below papoose and be considered one of the greats

no matter how many times ice cubes tries to explain it doing kids movies ruined his cred

when juicy j joined taylor gang i lost respect for the whole HCP

snoop dogg is never going to be the same snoop and will only tarnish his name more if he continues to make music.

scott storch is the most overrated producer ever.

royce da 59 death is certain > any lil wayne retail album
 4 years ago '04        #236
slapaho 2 heat pts
$6,105 | Props total: 1878 1878
and one more..

"swag" is hands down the worst movement/phrase/subculture to ever happen in hiphop
 4 years ago '07        #237
illmatic826 567 heat pts567
$6,235 | Props total: 1478 1478
All jayz albums after

the black album are wack as fu*k

His albums post black album are wack as fu*k when compared to his pre black album days.

thus he has gotten wacker.
 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM         #238
$n/a | Props total:  
 3rdcoasta said:

been saying this for years!!!!!

The show with malcolm jamal warner and mos def in 1992 was called Here and Now. It had about 23 episodes and got canceled real quick. Arrested Developments tenesse is the intro. Mos had to be about 18.
 4 years ago '04        #239
$54 | Props total: 3 3
Anything after Carter II was trash from Wayne
BIG albums bodied anything Pac put out
Pac very talented but very overhyped
Outkast best rap group ever
Pimp C rap skills wasnt that good but his demeanor made him a legend
Snoop most overrated Rapper of all time
LLoyd Banks was the best rapper of GUNIT
Despite all the name droppin The Game is tough
Scarface could go bar for bar with anyone
Joe Budden makes dope mixtapes but will never come out with a good album
Fabolous k!lls on any feature
Dr. Dre should never come out with Detox because it will be a compiliation album
Kendrick Lamar is the leader of new hip hop artist, and as long as he dont flood the game it will stay that way
 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM         #240
$n/a | Props total:  
I found out about the weeknd in march of 2011 on a boxden hip hop thread. I forgot what the dude username was but he put everybody on bx on to his music. This is when weeknd had no fans lol

Alot of people think jay-z is overrated because they dont peep the gems metaphors and double entendre in his verses that he drops. Also they only hear most of his new stuff or radio singles

Watch the throne 2 should be jay and nas album
Both success and black republicans were a bit of a dissapointment wen they first dropped.
Pusha t would of fit mmg better.
Ti has a high vocabulary and is eminems kryptonyte for some reason
j.cole dosent want jay-z name attached to his by any way that y u dont see pics of the two
Trilla is a classic
The colledge droput bear will not be coming back unless its devilish looking
Az and nas have a frenemy type relationship
Malice is a cool dude

most viewed right now
Meet 35 Savage! Come hear this sh-t
24 hours ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Baddest Arab Chick: Miss Nikki vs. Halmo
1 day ago
most viewed right now
Video inside how you gonna stroke this man mid fight?
19 hours ago
most viewed right now
Video inside Dear Drug Dealers - "I'd Prefer To Meet You At Your House"
19 hours ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major Tidday Alert Maria Bartiromo Just Brought The Left & The Right T..
2 days ago
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50Cent U GOT some EXPLAINING 2 do His BBM just posted BOMBSHELL on IG !!
22 hours ago
most viewed right now
Video inside New Pokemon commercial made me shed a tear
18 hours ago
most viewed right now
Official Nintendo Switch anticipation/discussion thread! :rickflairwoo:
1 day ago
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy