Microsoft chose not to buy Sega because it didn't have the 'muscle'

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #21
Windigo 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,657 | Props total: 1114 1114

these kids have no idea

ya can emulate the game but not emulate the experience of the first time you played these games.

finish him was the dopest thing at the arcade

my fav arcade experience was ki and doin an ultra in front of ya boys against some kid. ultra ultraaa ultraaaa
 5 years ago '05        #22
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,921 | Props total: 21074 21074
 jwindigo2k4 said:

these kids have no idea

ya can emulate the game but not emulate the experience of the first time you played these games.

finish him was the dopest thing at the arcade

my fav arcade experience was ki and doin an ultra in front of ya boys against some kid. ultra ultraaa ultraaaa
We can never get those first experiences back.
 5 years ago '04        #23
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 One-O-One said:
I agree, but only if they actually do something with the franchises instead of what they did with RARE. Sega is gold mine when it comes to viable franchises, they just need the talent to reboot these games. If I was a billionaire and wanted to bury Sony & Nintendo's consoles, I'd buy up Sega game rights.

From 1988 to I'd say 2000 was probably the best time period in videogame history.

If you was too young during that glorious moment in time, then you missed it.

It was more fun, more social, more surprises, more competitive. You was actually putting money on the line @ Arcades, so you were forced to be good at the game. None of that XboxLive/PSN racism trash talk because the possibility of an a.ss kicking was real.

The myth and discovery of Reptile in MK1 and Akuma in SSF2T cannot be duplicated ever again in videogames. Those were true videogame mysteries u couldn't just google the answer to back then.

PS2 is one of the greatest systems ever, but that system also marks when arcades died & when the gaming community changed for the better and for the worse.
!!!! all truth! I remember playing art of f!ghting at the arcade,spending like 4 dollars on the last f!ght and beating him to find out he's Ryo's father!!!

me and my cousins were in that bi*ch like

Samurai showdown 2!!! n*gga what?!? me and my bro used to go at it in that joint x men vs street f!ghter, Mortal kombat 2, KI 2, tekken 3!!!!! these lil n*ggas dont know sh*t about gaming I swear......

Krazie said:
We can never get those first experiences back.
yeah it gone we and my bro was just talking about this not 30 minutes ago, we'll never get that back I'm glad I grew up in the 90's though I had some of my best times in the arcade.
 5 years ago '11        #24
Xyrax 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 2458 2458
 Krazie said:
Probably never even played any of the old Rare games.
 Ra-da-god said:
STFU! Danai when rare was poppin you were like 5, you dont even know what you are talkin about.....smh
 ALLEEK said:
This guy couldnt even spell his own name around the time Rare was popping and he wants to tell us about it?

That troll. Should be shot in his forehead

I don't know whats going on between yall and that n*gga. But stop acting like he lying....
  • Slalom
  • R.C. Pro Am
  • WWF Wrestlemania
  • John Elways Quarterback
  • California Games
  • Arch Rivals
  • Marble Madness
  • Battletoads
  • Battletoads & Double Dragon
  • Killer Instinct
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Perfect Dark
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Golden Eye

Rare was fu*king BEAST their entire lifetime before Microsoft bought them out and fu*ked them up. And I was around and owned and played ALL of those games listed, so don't try and tell me otherwise.

That studio had incredible history dating back through the NES, then they started pumping out sh*t once Microsoft bought them out. I don't know if Microsoft is responsible for their slide in quality, all I know is that they were good, and now they haven't had a classic since Perfect Dark.

Last edited by Xyrax; 02-09-2013 at 08:42 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #25
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 5 years ago '04        #26
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Xyrax said:
I don't know whats going on between yall and that n*gga. But stop acting like he lying....

Rare was fu*king BEAST their entire lifetime before Microsoft bought them out and fu*ked them up. And I was around and owned and played ALL of those games listed, so don't try and tell me otherwise.

That studio had incredible history dating back through the NES, then they started pumping out sh*t once Microsoft bought them out. I don't know if Microsoft is responsible for their slide in quality, all I know is that they were good, and now they haven't had a classic since Perfect Dark.
Dude just gets on my fu*king nerves he always trolling on anything that involves M$ the topic can havenothing to do with xbox and he'll find a way to fanboy some sh*t in their its so bad he doesn't even keep it in this section n*gga be in the cell phone section trolling every M$ thread thats posted sh*t is lame......

far as Rare you're right they never re-captured that brilliance they had with nintendo but I wouldn't say they went to sh*t until they became the kinect brigade and yeah I'd put that on M$ but not their entire fall tho

I just thought they never rally fit with M$ especially on the first xbox but they didn't make terrible games the first couple years of the purchase.....

I didn't hate.....

Grabbed by the ghoulies
Konker's quest reloaded
Kameo
Perfect dark zero

I think these were all pretty good games I rather enjoyed kameo and konker for xbox

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 02-09-2013 at 09:01 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #27
space
space
space
Wait, so I say RARE was run into the ground and that's trolling?
 5 years ago '04        #28
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Wait, so I say RARE was run into the ground and that's trolling?
yes its trolling because its just you taking a dig @ M$ as usual you're not even objective about the sh*t. you know what you be doing n*gga quit playing dumb

plus you dont know sh*t about rare pass what you can wiki, you're not old enough, half of those games he named you werent even old enough to understand what you were playing so how can you even speak on it?

basically rare being sh*t after going to M$ is and opinion what that would have to be formed from experience in order to compare so STFU
 5 years ago '11        #29
space
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
yes its trolling because its just you taking a dig @ M$ as usual you're not even objective about the sh*t. you know what you be doing n*gga quit playing dumb

plus you dont know sh*t about rare pass what you can wiki, you're not old enough, half of those games he named you werent even old enough to understand what you were playing so how can you even speak on it?

basically rare being sh*t after going to M$ is and opinion what that would have to be formed from experience in order to compare so STFU
It sounds like my comment just got to you so you decided to derail the thread, bro.
 5 years ago '05        #30
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 Xyrax said:
  • Slalom
  • R.C. Pro Am
  • WWF Wrestlemania
  • John Elways Quarterback
  • California Games
  • Arch Rivals
  • Marble Madness
  • Battletoads
  • Battletoads & Double Dragon
  • Killer Instinct
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Perfect Dark
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Golden Eye

Nothing you said has anything to do with what I posted.
 5 years ago '11        #31
space
space
space
 Krazie said:
Nothing you said has anything to do with what I posted.
You said I haven't played any rare games. I've played a good amount of those that he listed.
 5 years ago '08        #32
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$15,999 | Props total: 9807 9807
 Jesszman said:
And they bought Rare so they could run it into the ground.
RARE ran themselves into the ground when they didn't re-up on Goldeneye because they wanted to do their own thing (Perfect Dark). That sole decision had them taking chances on a bunch of games. I did like Rare and I think Diddy Kong Racing was an amazing game.

Also I HIGHLY doubt a Japanese company would let an American company buy them. The Japanese would rather burn the sh*t to the ground.
 5 years ago '11        #33
space
space
space
Didn't they not re-up Goldeneye because MS and Nintendo couldn't get to an agreement?
 5 years ago '08        #34
space
space
space
isn't the REAL Rare basically Free Radical which is a dead company now anyway?
 5 years ago '08        #35
space
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Didn't they not re-up Goldeneye because MS and Nintendo couldn't get to an agreement?
I'm talking about n64 days, not when MS bought Rare.

Golden Eye would have been back then what COD is today. Oh well... Perfect Dark was a better game, but it wasn't James Bond so no one cared.
 5 years ago '11        #36
space
space
space
 Kewop Decam said:
I'm talking about n64 days, not when MS bought Rare.

Golden Eye would have been back then what COD is today. Oh well... Perfect Dark was a better game, but it wasn't James Bond so no one cared.
Oh, my bad.
 5 years ago '13        #37
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Honestly I don't know too much about Rare but I like the Donky Kong franchise, other that that their like to me since i was too young.

I do like Sega though and dreamcast was a beast, if microsoft fu*ked with them. Sega could still be relevant today. Unlike them stupid a.ss yucky sonic games they make.

Last edited by Guvnor; 02-10-2013 at 11:39 AM..
 02-09-2013, 09:45 PM         #38
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
loved the dreamcast, imho it was the last true gaming console...prob my fav console next to snes and n64

jet grind radio
ikaruga
samba de amigo
power stone
house of the dead
crazy taxi
soul caliber
the f!ghting games stf, mvc, snk
skies of arcadia
grandia ii
ooga booga
fur f!ghters
mdk 2
rayman 2
sonic 1 and 2
phantasy star online
nfl 2k and nba
hydro thunder

long live 9.9.99...saturns rep left a bad taste and ppl didn't trust sega...ea games didn't back up dreamcast either fu*kem ...ps2 outlasted the dreamcast cuz of its previous success of the ps1 and saturns lack of success even tho it was a great f!ghting console

[video - click to view]

I liked some of the rare games that were made after nintendo...keep in mind some of the people that made rare what it was left...

Last edited by Shakezula714; 02-09-2013 at 09:49 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #39
space
space
space
they left to Free Radical. That's why TimeSplitters was so much like Goldeneye but on crack and sped up.
 5 years ago '05        #40
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
 Jesszman said:
You said I haven't played any rare games. I've played a good amount of those that he listed.
Riiiiiiight.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy