Sony Patents Depressing Pre-Owned Games Blocking System

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #81
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
talking sh*t? You realize I posted this rumor last year right? Of course it's a possibility and I can definitely see it happening.
 5 years ago '07        #82
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Krypt said:
I don't see a problem with this, wanna play pre-owned game... buy a pass.

Hopefully the money goes to the publishers and not Sony
 5 years ago '04        #83
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
Couldn't you just trade the tag with the game?
 5 years ago '12        #84
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,025 | Props total: 17217 17217
 HiRolliN said:
you brought up how it was a rumor and someone now shown it was going into certified patent and now ur talking sh*t because it does. you egged it on.

its been happening in alot of other threads since your got ethered/exposed and it should of been over with that time.

you jesszman keep egging it on and thats why bx members keep attacking you and if cant see that than your fu*king blind.

you keep trying to talk slick but your just making your self look stupid.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #85
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
Idk man, if this is the future of gaming I think I'll be putting down my controller. I love capitalism but the constant nickel and diming from the gaming industry is just becoming ridiculous.

Maybe I'll find another hobby, movies or something.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #86
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
i dont see myself gaming if this is true, alot of people wil jus quit gaming, they should rather focus on the console and games and leave the extra sh*t, or the gaming industry wnt last very lng
 5 years ago '04        #87
quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,181 | Props total: 975 975
i think this will implemented in the new systems. and i hate it but, it is what it is. we have games this gen that are implementing that online pass BS and their sales were not affected. i know this is at a new extreme level but its coming.
 5 years ago '08        #88
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
welp i guess its xbox time for me
 5 years ago '06        #89
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,126 | Props total: 4714 4714
this is wack & shouldnt work PERIOD!!

I buy a game. I own a game. as simple as that
wtf

and this is when a petition needs to be started. Funny sh*t is I never bought a used game in my life. I was the dude who didnt really cater to putting other people's games in my system since NES.

but this is just wack. DLC released the same day games are released. now this.
 5 years ago '11        #90
space
space
space
 Lot17 said:
welp i guess its xbox time for me
they have the same rumor.
 02-08-2013, 08:54 AM         #91
mcfalcons15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I swear I wont buy a PS4 if this sh!t is in there. I don't even buy second hand games, but right is right, and wrong is wrong. Guess I'll be a Wii U man soon.
 5 years ago '12        #92
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,760 | Props total: 22142 22142
 Jago said:
What's your point? The article wasn't posted on Boxden and now it is. Deal with it.

It's not a rumor. Sony has filed for this patent. How is that a rumor? Don't be stupid.

You can check the patent here if you'd like -

How is it 5 months old when the patent wasn't published until the 3rd of January this year? And what exactly does this have to do with Microsoft? Making false claims and bringing up a company that's not related to the topic says that you're hurt.

It works by supplying a contactless RF tag with each copy of a game (NFC?), which can (independent of a network connection), remember if a game has been tied to a different machine or user account previously. The system checks with the tag before playing the game.

I suppose I should say that this doesn't mean PS4 will, for sure, restrict second hand games. This would not be the first time Sony registered patents in this area and then did nothing with the tech. In fact I remember a patent fueling rumours prior to PS3's launch. The decision would be a business one, not one based on technical feasibility. This system would be relatively expensive to implement vs network-DRM. Although it could have the double effect of limiting piracy - at least until pirates could hack or reproduce the 'rf tag' system.
 5 years ago '11        #93
space
space
space
 mcfalcons15 said:
I swear I wont buy a PS4 if this sh!t is in there. I don't even buy second hand games, but right is right, and wrong is wrong. Guess I'll be a Wii U man soon.
Might as well buy a box, you'll get the same no-game experience without the needless spending.
 5 years ago '04        #94
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,871 | Props total: 17385 17385
wack....Cant lie i've bought used games ...fu*k it if i can get it cheaper why not
 5 years ago '07        #95
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,899 | Props total: 1240 1240
 Hokis said:
Seriously?

If you BUY something, you OWN it. You can do whatever the fu*k you want with it. Sony would commit suicide if they ever even hinted at implementing this.

GameStop doesn't rip you off.. You don't have to sell your game to GS.. But you do bc your game collects dust and bc it's not a lot of hassle.. If not, keep the game for years and never get anything back for it.. Which would suck. If I can get 35 bucks back for a game I've already played and beat, I will never complain... And usually I can.
For real, that dude even had me thinking WTF.
 5 years ago '10        #96
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
This means the consumer has to be extra selective about the games they purchase. Furthermore, these devs better start releasing demos for everything.
 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM         #97
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont buy used games.... so it doesnt matter to me. it will definetly fu*k gamestop and all these little mom and pop places though.
 5 years ago '12        #98
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,619 | Props total: 2135 2135
 Hokis said:
Seriously?

If you BUY something, you OWN it. You can do whatever the fu*k you want with it. Sony would commit suicide if they ever even hinted at implementing this.

GameStop doesn't rip you off.. You don't have to sell your game to GS.. But you do bc your game collects dust and bc it's not a lot of hassle.. If not, keep the game for years and never get anything back for it.. Which would suck. If I can get 35 bucks back for a game I've already played and beat, I will never complain... And usually I can.
Just because you bought a PS3 doesn't mean you OWN it. When you buy a gaming console or a game that goes to said console. You are only being LICENSED the console/game. You bought a copy of the game, and the right to play said game on said system. Other than that, you have no rights. If you bought a copy second hand(meaning Sony/MS didn't license it out to you), Sony or any company for that matter has the right to deny you the ability to play it. They just haven't acted on that right up to this point. The same can be said for the movie industry.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 02-08-2013 at 10:53 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #99
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 5437 5437
 ThePainkiller said:

You post a nearly year old quote from Trenton, that has nothing to do with the patent, and then you repost the patent article. Tell me, how exactly does that make the patent article "5 months old?" Some of you try so hard to look smart and can't even do that properly.
 5 years ago '11        #100
space
space
space
Jago's defending his thread till he dies.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago