most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Da Ill One said:
This patent could be implemented if they did it like this...

if I bought GTA V on the PS 3 that game would be locked to my system...now if I wanted to sell it to my friend, then my friend could call Sony and give them my unique Console Number ID or something (nothing that gives up privacy), and Sony could remove the game from my system on their end and open it up on my friends end...but this way whatever my friend pays for the game goes straight to the pub/dev...same thing with buying a used game from a store...when you trade a game in to Gamestop/BB or wherever you have to give them your unique number (Or they don't take the trade) then whoever buys the game for whatever price can activate on their system upon purchase by calling Sony... yeah it would be a HUGE hassle but it's possible workaround to still play Used games but make sure the PUb/Dev get's the money they deserve for it
Seriously?

If you BUY something, you OWN it. You can do whatever the fu*k you want with it. Sony would commit suicide if they ever even hinted at implementing this.

GameStop doesn't rip you off.. You don't have to sell your game to GS.. But you do bc your game collects dust and bc it's not a lot of hassle.. If not, keep the game for years and never get anything back for it.. Which would suck. If I can get 35 bucks back for a game I've already played and beat, I will never complain... And usually I can.

Last edited by DoMieD; 02-07-2013 at 10:43 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #62
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Hokis said:
Seriously?

If you BUY something, you OWN it. You can do whatever the fu*k you want with it. Sony would commit suicide if they ever even hinted at implementing this.

GameStop doesn't rip you off.. You don't have to sell your game to GS.. But you do bc your game collects dust and bc it's not a lot of hassle.. If not, keep the game for years and never get anything back for it.. Which would suck. If I can get 35 bucks back for a game I've already played and beat, I will never complain... And usually I can.
 5 years ago '12        #63
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,982 | Props total: 17087 17087
 5 years ago '06        #64
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,747 | Props total: 1187 1187
I'm all for it as long as they lower game prices as a result.
1. Games shouldnt all be one price, different prices for different games
2. Should be 29.99-49.99
3. Digital games should never be the same price as their physical counterpart
 5 years ago '05        #65
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
how is this official i never even heard of the source but if that were to be true they should atleaste sell preowned games but make you buy a unlock code for cheap like 15$ or somthing But if they were to do it like the way this article reads (which i highly doubt the source) then im gettin the new xbox and not looking back
 5 years ago '05        #66
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
Not to mention the fact that this news is old as hell there was a response to this

Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4 made headlines this week when it was announced that the company would be dropping its name and calling its new console "Orbis."
There was also news that Sony would be blocking used games on the new system by requiring users to link them up to a PSN account preventing others from replaying what was originally purchased by someone else.
However, according to well-known industry analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Securities, the possibility of the company doing away with used gaming is highly unlikely.
Pachter says this is "just a re-hash" of an old rumor that stated that PlayStation 3 would block sales of used games following a patent application. It is also loosely based on the rumor about the new Xbox eliminating used gaming.
He also stated that the "consumer backlash" from blocking secondhand games would be massive and would hurt the company as a whole.
However, he did admit that if used games were blocked, game developers such as EA and Activision would benefit the most since their titles are constantly being traded in and resold due to new a yearly renewal of titles such as Madden Football and NHL Hockey.
Follow us
The backlash is something companies such as Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft would want to avoid since all three of them would have to simultaneously agree to go through with the process.
It would also cause GameStop, who is the largest video game retailer in the country to not carry the new console. This would hurt Sony's business considerably if Microsoft and Nintendo did not follow along with them.
However, the rumor of disks being eliminated completely and games being downloaded exclusively online would support this theory.
The new XBox console is rumored to be limiting the purchase of games to its online store. This would make sense for developers who could cut costs by eliminating the production costs of physical games.

Read more at
 5 years ago '04        #67
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
 SuppaSlick said:
I'm all for it as long as they lower game prices as a result.
1. Games shouldnt all be one price, different prices for different games
2. Should be 29.99-49.99
3. Digital games should never be the same price as their physical counterpart
Agreed. If they're taking this route, the cost of games better fu*kin decrease.

This is fu*kin suicide, PC Gaming about to really take off now.
 5 years ago '07        #68
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 5437 5437
 Trizz187 said:
how is this official i never even heard of the source but if that were to be true they should atleaste sell preowned games but make you buy a unlock code for cheap like 15$ or somthing But if they were to do it like the way this article reads (which i highly doubt the source) then im gettin the new xbox and not looking back
So because you live under a rock and have never heard of Gizmodo, that means it's "not official?"?

Well have you heard of:

GameSpot? -

Digital Trends? -

Yahoo? -

Computer And Video Games? -

EGM? -

or IGN? -

And how exactly is an article that was only circulated last month, and yet to be posted on Boxden, "old as hell?" Stop getting so defensive over a patent. You fanatics are ridiculous.
 5 years ago '05        #69
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,255 | Props total: 2428 2428
 Jago said:
So because you live under a rock and have never heard of Gizmodo, that means it's "not official?"?

Well have you heard of:

GameSpot? -

Digital Trends? -

Yahoo? -

Computer And Video Games? -

EGM? -

or IGN? -

And how exactly is an article that was only circulated last month, and yet to be posted on Boxden, "old as hell?" Stop getting so defensive over a patent. You fanatics are ridiculous.
blocking used games is just gonna result in companies selling game keys for a less price.

if this is true it will turn into what pc has been doing for over a decade, way before any console company every jumped into it.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 02-08-2013 at 12:07 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #70
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
this effects all three companies if the wanna play hard ball. if one of those companies wants to sale the game keys at the same price at what steam does then all them would have to follow or be left in the dust.
 5 years ago '05        #71
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,879 | Props total: 20900 20900
 Trizz187 said:
You doubt the source of a fu*king filed patent?

And then point out a source of Michael Pachter as fact?

You are too dumb for words.
 5 years ago '11        #72
space
space
space
today's been a gold mine for threads.
 5 years ago '05        #73
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
thing is for those who like to sell there games for trade in credit will no longer be able to do it.
 5 years ago '05        #74
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,879 | Props total: 20900 20900
 HiRolliN said:
thing is for those who like to sell there games for trade in credit will no longer be able to do it.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #75
space
space
space
Unless this is what Kotaku had talked about last year.
 5 years ago '05        #76
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
im just trying to make a normal conversation and yall are trying to derail it when jesszman already got ethered/exposed.
 5 years ago '11        #77
space
space
space
Wha does this have to do with me??
 5 years ago '05        #78
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
i take my L gracefully... im in denial

5 years ago '05        #79
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Wha does this have to do with me??
you brought up how it was a rumor and someone now shown it was going into certified patent and now ur talking sh*t because it does. you egged it on.

its been happening in alot of other threads since your got ethered/exposed and it should of been over with that time.

you jesszman keep egging it on and thats why bx members keep attacking you and if cant see that than your fu*king blind.

you keep trying to talk slick but your just making your self look stupid.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 02-08-2013 at 12:58 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #80
MATIX 
space
space
$7,987 | Props total: 68 68
better believe ill stop playing games
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago