Sony Patents Depressing Pre-Owned Games Blocking System

most viewed right now
 79
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
96 comments
@games
most viewed right now
 70
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 70
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 47
 NBA KD is easily the best player in the NBA
27 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$45,905 | Props total: 21053 21053
-$ony slaves are maaaaaaaaaad.
 5 years ago '11        #22
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Jago said:
What's your point? The article wasn't posted on Boxden and now it is. Deal with it.



It's not a rumor. Sony has filed for this patent. How is that a rumor? Don't be stupid.

You can check the patent here if you'd like -



How is it 5 months old when the patent wasn't published until the 3rd of January this year? And what exactly does this have to do with Microsoft? Making false claims and bringing up a company that's not related to the topic says that you're hurt.
My point is it's year-old news that everybody already knew.
 5 years ago '04        #23
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 272 272
 e G o Maniac said:
That is the dumbest and most submissive logic ever. You mean to tell me every single thing that you've bought, used and consumed in this world was 100% new? You have no problem with this whatsoever?
I have a problem with people buying used games because its $5 cheaper and giving 100% of the money to Gamestop rather than the developers/publisher.

I also have a problem with Gamestop buying used games for consumers for $10 and putting it right back on the shelves for $30.

Developers deserve to get paid for their work and if this is going to help stop studio closures or the potential for sequels then I fully support it.
 5 years ago '07        #24
Jago 1031 heat pts1031 OP
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5453 5453
 Jesszman said:
My point is it's year-old news that everybody already knew.
Again, the patent wasn't published until the 3rd of January this year. I'm curious as to why you think "everybody" already knew about this?

That's besides the point. The topic has been created and discussion (and PR defense mode from Sony fans) will continue. I know you hate that but oh well.
 5 years ago '09        #25
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,211 | Props total: 13457 13457
 Jago said:


It's not a rumor. Sony has filed for this patent. How is that a rumor? Don't be stupid.

You can check the patent here if you'd like -
Damn n*ggas on here quick with insults

Dudes on here too

Rumor that they might go through with it
 5 years ago '04        #26
Confidance 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,776 | Props total: 144 144
Man I hate Microsoft anyway, now I'd hate Sony too
 5 years ago '12        #27
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
avatar space
space
$21,069 | Props total: 17340 17340
 Krazie said:
-$ony slaves are maaaaaaaaaad.
Aye man if that storm hits Ohio I pray y'all be safe my G
 5 years ago '11        #28
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Jago said:
Again, the patent wasn't published until the 3rd of January this year. I'm curious as to why you think "everybody" already knew about this?

That's besides the point. The topic has been created and discussion (and PR defense mode from Sony fans) will continue. I know you hate that but oh well.
PR defense mode? Son, it's a rumor that's open to discussions. If they make it so that you can't play used games, oh well, I'm slightly fine with that, so long as it's the way that Kotaku pitched it last year.
 5 years ago '07        #29
Jago 1031 heat pts1031 OP
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5453 5453
 dadon85 said:
Damn n*ggas on here quick with insults

Dudes on here too

Rumor that they might go through with it
No insult. I was telling you not to be dumb since it is a confirmed fact that they did indeed patent this technology to block used games. That's what the article and patent says.
 5 years ago '07        #30
Jago 1031 heat pts1031 OP
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5453 5453
 Jesszman said:
PR defense mode? Son, it's a rumor that's open to discussions. If they make it so that you can't play used games, oh well, I'm slightly fine with that, so long as it's the way that Kotaku pitched it last year.
The patent is not a rumor, sorry. Maybe you're confused as to what the topic of the article is.
 5 years ago '09        #31
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,211 | Props total: 13457 13457
 Jago said:
No insult. I was telling you not to be dumb since it is a confirmed fact that they did indeed patent this technology to block used games. That's what the article and patent says.
True. Just was saying that its a rumor if they're going to use it I hope they don't but could see them doing it. GameStop & piracy(which is worse)
 5 years ago '11        #32
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Jago said:
The patent is not a rumor, sorry. Maybe you're confused as to what the topic of the article is.
No, the patent isn't a rumor. The rumor is that Sony will actually implement this into the PS4.
 5 years ago '05        #33
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$45,905 | Props total: 21053 21053
 ALLEEK said:
Aye man if that storm hits Ohio I pray y'all be safe my G
We good.. Only some slight rain and snow flurries in the forecast.

Then again, we'll probably get 2 feet with that forecast.
 5 years ago '07        #34
Jago 1031 heat pts1031 OP
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5453 5453
 Jesszman said:
No, the patent isn't a rumor. The rumor is that Sony will actually implement this into the PS4.
The article doesn't mention that the patent will be implemented into Sony's next system. It confirms that there is a patent in existence and then goes on to hypothesize how the patent could be used. They don't make mention of the Playstation 4. You sound worried.


Last edited by Jago; 02-07-2013 at 06:57 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #35
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 Jago said:
The article doesn't mention that the patent will be implemented. It confirms that there is a patent in existence and then goes on to hypothesize how the patent could be used. They don't make mention of the Playstation 4. You sound worried.
well they aren't using it in the PS 3...so then if it's not the PS 4 why is this article even relevant?
 5 years ago '07        #36
Jago 1031 heat pts1031 OP
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5453 5453
 Da Ill One said:
well they aren't using it in the PS 3...so then if it's not the PS 4 why is this article even relevant?
I don't know if they are using the tech in their next system. That's not the point of the article. And the article is relevant because of the patent and how you Sony fanatics acted as if your beloved company would never wrong you in this way. It certainly seems like they are taking measures to ensure they cut into used game sales. You sound worried too.
 5 years ago '12        #37
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
This is a action to be able to sue in the future, doesn't look like they would implement anything like this. Sony was in deep in 2012, I doubt they would risk further loss.
 5 years ago '04        #38
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 Jago said:
I don't know if they are using the tech in their next system. That's not the point of the article. And the article is relevant because of the patent and how you Sony fanatics acted as if your beloved company would never wrong you in this way. It certainly seems like they are taking measures to ensure they cut into used game sales. You sound worried too.
I don't know or care either way if they do or not use this...I don't really buy used games...I do like Gamefly but if that's not an option anymore because of this then oh well i'll just buy the one or two games a year I want new so no biggie to me...

I'm just saying you keep acting like this is a given fact it will be used on a Sony gaming system...when in reality it might never get used at all... that's what I keep saying...everyone else keeps saying it's a rumor because of this fact that it might NOT ever get used...

MS has patents that allow for some fu*ked sh*t as well...

i'm far from worried i'm not a Sony fanboy...just a shareholder....

I guess I have to only comment on MS threads from now on
 5 years ago '11        #39
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Jago said:
The article doesn't mention that the patent will be implemented into Sony's next system. It confirms that there is a patent in existence and then goes on to hypothesize how the patent could be used. They don't make mention of the Playstation 4. You sound worried.
I'm not worried. Like I said, I wouldn't care if it was implemented like previously reported.
 5 years ago '04        #40
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 e G o Maniac said:
That is the dumbest and most submissive logic ever. You mean to tell me every single thing that you've bought, used and consumed in this world was 100% new? You have no problem with this whatsoever?
That's what I'm saying. Half these n*ggas on BX have a whip that they copped with 90k on the odometer, but wanna sit on a high horse about a $60 game. fu*k this sh*t, PC all the way next Gen. Pay nothing.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 91
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
85 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 80
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 78
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 51
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
53 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
53 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy