Joe Budden's new album "No Love Lost" is projected to sell 25-30k copies in its first week.

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
158 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #81
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 TheMindOf said:
n*ggas acting like sales just started slumping this year. In 2008 it was hard to sell too. Jimmy just a better/more appealing overall artist than Budden. Thus he's been more successful.

And what the fu*k is the point of that list? It's just other artist who are washed up like Budden and flopped on indies too.

So what? because they flopped worse that makes this a "moral victory" for Budden?

And don't act like its just Macklemore selling on an Indie. What about

- Childish Gambino
- Mac Miller
- Raekwon

All doing their thing commercially on Indies.. So don't try to act like it's impossible to be successful on an independent.

Budden just isn't an appealing rapper to the album buying public

[pic - click to view]

Pome was released in 2006.. 7 yrs ago n*ggas wasnt selling more records????.
he also had a hit song and dipset was still popular.

Big Bois Lates album sold 30,000 first week thats a fairer comparison.

Im not even a Joe budden fan but yall n*ggas are ridiculous and must not be following album sales.

Macklemore and Mac Miller are white,are the anomoly not the norm and are new artist.

As an artist gets older their sales usually decline.

And I think someone stated already that he doubled the his sales amount from his last one.
Isnt that success?

Last edited by Menelek; 02-07-2013 at 03:32 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #82
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Menelek said:
Im not even a Joe budden fan but yall n*ggas are ridiculous and must not be following album sales.

Macklemore and Mac Miller are white,are the anomoly not the norm and are new artist.

As an artist gets older their sales usually decline.

And I think someone stated already that he doubled the his sales amount from his last one.
Isnt that success?
Excuses..

Mac Miller and Macklemore were able to make hit singles and are more appealing to the album buying public. Thats why they do better.

So don't try to hinge all their success on the fact that they are white.

Cuz in that case

How come Asher Roth flopped on a major? With a Hit single?

Why Kreayshawn only sold 5k on a major? With a hit single?

Why n*ggas like Bubba Sparxx and Paul Wall aint still moving units?

And you conveniently ignored the other (non-white) indie artists I mentioned who have also had Independent success. But whatever

Maybe this is a personal success or moral pick me up for Budden, because of how poorly his last album did.. But keep it real,

If you get a 25 on a test.. Then on the next test you get a 50.. Sure you did better but you still fail, no?
 5 years ago '05        #83
pokora 
space
space
$1,168 | Props total: 5 5
 TheMindOf said:
n*ggas acting like sales just started slumping this year. In 2008 it was hard to sell too. Jimmy just a better/more appealing overall artist than Budden. Thus he's been more successful.

And what the fu*k is the point of that list? It's just other artist who are washed up like Budden and flopped on indies too.

So what? because they flopped worse that makes this a "moral victory" for Budden?

- Childish Gambino
- Mac Miller
- Raekwon

All doing their thing commercially on Indies.. So don't try to act like it's impossible to be successful on an independent.

[pic - click to view]

and u could add tyler the creator too i u want
thats mean nothing
budden still sold more than 90% of independant rap artist in the last 3 years

Raekwon did good on that ob4cl 2 project cuz the first one is a classic and emi records press way more records than e1
but lets face, the year after shaoling vs wutang did 35k on DEFJAM, this is a real flop

Some example of Flop
Currensy last album
Big Boi last album
BigKrit last album
SLaughterhouse on shady
etc..

Budden doing 30k on E1 a flop??

Last edited by pokora; 02-07-2013 at 03:45 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #84
pokora 
space
space
If you get a 25 on a test.. Then on the next test you get a 50.. Sure you did better but you still fail, no?
whats about section 80 sales vs gkmc ??
 5 years ago '04        #85
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,058 | Props total: 4809 4809
Theres physical copy for this what label is it on....? Its a good album
 5 years ago '04        #86
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
damn, i'd expect more with the reality show boost, and its a good album, been bumping it the past few days... hopefully it sells more thru word of mouth...
 02-07-2013, 04:24 AM         #87
bmanbman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Excuses..

Mac Miller and Macklemore were able to make hit singles and are more appealing to the album buying public. Thats why they do better.

So don't try to hinge all their success on the fact that they are white.

Cuz in that case

How come Asher Roth flopped on a major? With a Hit single?

Why Kreayshawn only sold 5k on a major? With a hit single?

Why n*ggas like Bubba Sparxx and Paul Wall aint still moving units?

And you conveniently ignored the other (non-white) indie artists I mentioned who have also had Independent success. But whatever

Maybe this is a personal success or moral pick me up for Budden, because of how poorly his last album did.. But keep it real,

budden 32, 10+ years in the game and managed to stay relevant enough to have a loyal (but smaller) fan base .. not too many people have had the run he's had dealing with getting dropped by a major/other bullsh*t.

How many physical copies do you think E1 distributed? What was the budget he had?

Raekwon "Shaolin vs Wu-Tang" = The album debuted at number 12 on the US Billboard 200 chart, selling 29,000 copies in its first week.

Lol @ comparing Joe Budden album sales to "Childish Gambino" "Macklemore" and "Mac Miller"

compare their fan bases.

*puts cape away*

UF4Soldier said:
Theres physical copy for this what label is it on....? Its a good album
E1 - check best buy or fye.
 5 years ago '12        #88
HiMyNameIsDope 
space
space
$123 | Props total: 45 45
Nobody wants to hear number talk. Will the album make Joe a good sum of money? Yes. Did it set the world on fire? No. Was it successful? Yes. Should anyone care beyond that? No.

That said, for the people crying major vs indie... don't forget Frank Ocean out of the blue decided to release his album with 2 months notice and with a 10 minute single that radio couldn't pick up, fought his record label to not even put his name on the album cover, etc. Then went out and did his thing with the majority of his first week being a DIGITAL ONLY release and clocked in at about 131,000 units. With only apparently 3,000 of these being physical sales.

It's a new world, major labels don't guarantee unit sales anymore. Stop blaming your favorite artists' record labels and skin color, and just start accepting that they fall within a niche. It's not a bad thing, it's just the truth.
 5 years ago '11        #89
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Wayne ate 75,000 of that budget, y'all know tank had to eat, lazy Lloyd had to eat, juicy got habits so no freebie there. I guess fans hate to admit when they favs flop damn y'all suck.

I know my equal fif bout to flop it is what it is, I'm still getting it, and I ain't buying 10 of them bi*ches yell™
 02-07-2013, 05:53 AM         #90
bmanbman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 box5 said:
Wayne ate 75,000 of that budget, y'all know tank had to eat, lazy Lloyd had to eat, juicy got habits so no freebie there. I guess fans hate to admit when they favs flop damn y'all suck.

I know my equal fif bout to flop it is what it is, I'm still getting it, and I ain't buying 10 of them bi*ches yell™
too bad he got the wayne verse for nothing.
 5 years ago '05        #91
pokora 
space
space
 tonystarks21 said:
hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah 30k? this dude been in the game for 10 years and this all these internet tatics for album sales. dude is on a highly rated reality show, i thought he has a huge internet fanbase that supports him. He should've done at lest 50-60k

yeah budden should've sell more on indie than his group on shady/interscope

stop playing

Last edited by pokora; 02-07-2013 at 06:27 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #92
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
 thepoeticgoblin said:
L? How?

His last album debuted with 13k on the same label and had Game on its leading single. He's doubling his retail #'s but is on the same label..

Don't see how it is an L simply because he's on LNHH which doesn't promote his album at all. Basically, in three years Joey has doubled his fan base, signed as a group act on a major, doing a lot more shows and getting the "reality"-tv check instead of giving it away for free on his YT.

I'd say he's winning by his standards.
youtube pays people if they generate a certain amount of traffic, but i concur the reality money is better
 5 years ago '04        #93
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
 ash1990 said:
U wasted your money on that garbage album

Webbie sold 30k first week with less promotion
you have been hating on this n*gga for years mayne. just leave it alone.
 5 years ago '06        #94
Lay 
space
space
$13,303 | Props total: 478 478
Much more than I expected. Its a success to me
 5 years ago '07        #95
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
30k on e1 with a late single release

joey the god
 5 years ago '09        #96
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,085 | Props total: 8876 8876
 TheMindOf said:

- Childish Gambino
- Mac Miller
- Raekwon

[pic - click to view]

Forreal it's shame that Joe budden stans ignore Raekwon Indy success
 5 years ago '07        #97
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 1054 1054
Terrible. Why didn't shady sign him?
 5 years ago '09        #98
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,085 | Props total: 8876 8876
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
you have been hating on this n*gga for years mayne. just leave it alone.
It's called trolling fool, I download his music just like u, I like Joe Budden mixtapes, Joe Budden albums are garbage imo
 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM         #99
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Budden stanleys are in full force for this one. Wayne does not do free verses, period. Dude has even said his sister would get charged for a 16. His "love" rate is 75K per verse, plus the man said himself he'll only cut you a break on price if you give him publishing points. Either way, not free. And even if we pretend Wayne did his verse for free, I doubt Kirko Bangz, Tank, Wiz Khalifa, French Montana, Juicy J, Lloyd Banks, Omarion, Fabolous and Twista all showed up for free. I also doubt T-Minus, Boi1da, and Cardiak gave him tracks for free. To me, a flop is relative to what you're trying to achieve. I never would have called Padded Room or any of the other Budden one-offs a flop, because it was clear those were not made with sales in mind, but to cater to his niche. The same way I wouldn't call the 1st Slaughterhouse LP a flop, but I'd call the 2nd one a flop, because the 2nd one clearly tried to appeal to a mainstream audience.

Facts are facts: Budden tried to cross over and it didn't work. In this day and age of the Internet, it really doesn't matter what label you put an album out on. If the people are messing with your music, they'll go get it regardless. Jim Jones doing over 400K is a prime example and it's not like people were selling wild records 6-7 years ago either, it's not like it was the mid 90s by any stretch. You mean to tell me that the average rap fan wasn't aware of She Don't Put It Down Like You? All the Budden stans were trying to put me onto that track months ago. If that song had caught on, then maybe he would have done #s. Macklemore also had a song that connected with the general public, that's why he's selling, not because he's white. Look at Asher Roth, also white, with a huge hit single on a major, no sales to show for it. I can't stand Mac Miller, but to act like he had some advantage Budden didn't is laughable, he grinded, put out his little mixtapes and when he got his moment to shine, he ran with it. Budden can't re-capture the magic and make a song that the general public enjoys, so he'll always have a niche audience. Nothing wrong with that at all and I'd never deny the man's talent. But, an album chock full of mainstream artists, with a Lil' Wayne lead single? I think it's safe to say the man's ambitions were much higher than 25-30K.
 5 years ago '04        #100
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,827 | Props total: 2287 2287

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy