Edge sources: Next-gen Xbox games 'will require online connection'

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
8562 pageviews
167 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Edge sources: Next-gen Xbox games 'will require online connection'

Next-gen Xbox games will require an internet connection in order to function and block second-hand use, according to a new Edge report.

Microsoft will move to make Xbox Live an "integral" rather than "optional" feature of the next Xbox, with retail games made available for download, the next-gen expose in Edge's latest issue claims.
Physical boxed titles will remain on sale in shops via 50GB Blu-ray discs, but "activation codes" will require verification online, the report adds.

Once verified, sources claim discs will have "no function beyond the initial users - effectively eliminating the second-hand games market as it's currently known.

Edge's information is said to come form "sources with first-hand experience of Microsoft's next generation console."

"Given its experience with 70 million-plus 360 console stats, Microsoft has accumulated enough user data to make the decision to go online-only with its successive hardware one that adds up," the Edge report states.

"Microsoft's hand has been guided by the PC gaming landscape, and viewed through a particular lens it makes sense, even if unbelievers will take some convincing."

It adds: "Ultimately, Microsoft has asked itself a simple question: who wants to play games on a next-generation Xbox and yet doesn't have access to the internet? The answer: not enough to make a considerable difference."

[pic - click to view]

Source

167 comments for "Edge sources: Next-gen Xbox games 'will require online connection'"

5 years ago '06        #2
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Playstation wins if they don't follow this garbage route.
 5 years ago '04        #3
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,644 | Props total: 13030 13030
I think we should boycott next next gen
 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM         #4
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Worst thing they can do. No one is going to want to deal with losing their progress in a game when they lose their connection. Sucks on PC and it'll suck on the consoles.
 5 years ago '04        #5
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
I'll give up gaming if this happens.
 5 years ago '11        #6
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
So xbl would be mandatory?
 5 years ago '04        #7
quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 974 974
So i would have to pay for a console then a mandatory xbox live subscription? or would i just need to be connected? mandatory xbox live would be retarded.

5 years ago '06        #8
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,403 | Props total: 961 961
nothing is true till microsoft does smh sick of these rumor threads everyday
 5 years ago '12        #9
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,939 | Props total: 16884 16884
I love laughing at all the bullsh*t rumors and the wack speculation that follows after

Thread ain't even been up that long and one n*ggas calling for a boycott, one just declared Sony a 'winner'(Sony would love to think the way you do btw), and another one just quit gaming....

All over a rumor article regarding consoles that we don't even know really exist and/or have seen....We don't have a name for the consoles....haven't seen em...don't know their prices....we known nothing about them at all........and n*ggas are making lifestyle changes

Ain't this the same rumor that came out last year for the supposed Orbis sh*t when they said Sony was going to try and k!ll the used game/second hand market. A year later and its still hilarious
 5 years ago '12        #10
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,666 | Props total: 21993 21993
 chevyrida6 said:
nothing is true till microsoft does smh sick of these rumor threads everyday

But all of the rumours have been true so far.
 5 years ago '12        #11
space
space
 ThePainkiller said:

But all of the rumours have been true so far.
Word? Show me some rumors that Sony and Microsoft have come out and said were true

Y'all really can't be this stupid. This same rumor was spread last March about the Playstation 4

They even had this same exact rumor damn near a month ago about the Playstation 4

true, that last part will raise many an eyebrow. The report notes that new Orbis games would ship either on a Blu-ray disc or as a PSN download, and if you buy the disc, it must be locked to a single PSN account, enabling you to play the game, save the whole game to your HDD, or label it as "downloaded" in your account history (making it free to download at a later date if needed).

Then, if you trade that disc in, the customer buying the used game will be restricted in some way. Kotaku says "it's believed used games will be limited to a trial mode or some other form of content restriction, with consumers having to pay a fee to unlock/register the full game."

Additionally, playing a game will require being online - similar to many PC games today, you'll need to have a PSN account and be online to get started.
Please don't fall for these magazines/blogs trying to get traffic to their wack a.ss sites by posting bullsh*t

Dio you should know better than that. Shouldn't even support this bad journalism by spreading it

PS4 and the Nextbox will not do anything like that. The console industry ain't there yet

Last edited by OldBusiness; 02-06-2013 at 08:09 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #12
space
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
I love laughing at all the bullsh*t rumors and the wack speculation that follows after

Thread ain't even been up that long and one n*ggas calling for a boycott, one just declared Sony a 'winner'(Sony would love to think the way you do btw), and another one just quit gaming....

All over a rumor article regarding consoles that we don't even know really exist and/or have seen....We don't have a name for the consoles....haven't seen em...don't know their prices....we known nothing about them at all........and n*ggas are making lifestyle changes

Ain't this the same rumor that came out last year for the supposed Orbis sh*t when they said Sony was going to try and k!ll the used game/second hand market. A year later and its still hilarious
We're talking about the same exact company that charges people to use subscription services they're already paying for. Also the same company that charges you to use INTERNET EXPLORER. Anything's possible with MS.
 5 years ago '12        #13
space
space
 Jesszman said:
We're talking about the same exact company that charges people to use subscription services they're already paying for. Also the same company that charges you to use INTERNET EXPLORER. Anything's possible with MS.
Read my other post that completely destroys this rumor, don't skip it on purpose to post bullsh*t.

This same rumor came out about the PS4 last year...then again last month

So if its true neither of them are playing used games...and the PS4 also won't play PS3 games

Sony is also the same company that 'gives you games' then as soon as your paid subscription runs out they 'take them back'. "Anythings possible with Sony"

I can't wait for official word on the consoles to finally drop just so dumb a.ss posts and threads stop getting made on the daily
 5 years ago '11        #14
space
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Read my other post that completely destroys this rumor, don't skip it on purpose to post bullsh*t.

This same rumor came out about the PS4 last year...then again last month

So if its true neither of them are playing used games...and the PS4 also won't play PS3 games

Sony is also the same company that 'gives you games' then as soon as your paid subscription runs out they 'take them back'. "Anythings possible with Sony"

I can't wait for official word on the consoles to finally drop just so dumb a.ss posts and threads stop getting made on the daily
What do you expect from a subscription service? They're not just going to give you 12 free games

And I saw your post. All it does it make it seem more likely that Sony will do the same thing in some way.
 5 years ago '12        #15
space
space
 Jesszman said:
What do you expect from a subscription service? They're not just going to give you 12 free games

And I saw your post. All it does it make it seem more likely that Sony will do the same thing in some way.
anything is possible with MS & Sony

It doesn't make it seem like Sony will do anything remotely like it

THESE ARE JUST RUMORS....Son a n*gga from Edge, CNET, Gamespot, IGN or who the fu*k ever could put up a rumor about the PS4 coming with fur on the console controllers and you n*ggas would speculate for 10 pages even though you know in your heart of hearts its 100% Grade A bullsh*t

Just wait until the 20th or whenever the fu*k its gonna happen
 5 years ago '11        #16
space
space
space
Right, anything's possible from the company that charges for online or the company that launched with a $600 console.
 5 years ago '08        #17
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,518 | Props total: 104 104
i doubt this is true. i'm sure they learned from the failure that is diablo 3.
 5 years ago '12        #18
space
space
I also have to remember that you Jesszman are a young n*gga...and don't really know sh*t about the past

But the PS3 also had to f!ght off these SAME exact rumors

The Sony Playstation 3 will still be able to run pre-owned, rented and borrowed software. Responding to the latest rumors, Sony has denied that a new Digital Rights Management system, which would not allow gamers to play previously used games on their console, will be employed in the PS3.

Sony Computer Entertainment’s UK PR Manager Jennie Kong stated,

“I would like to clarify that [the Playstation 3 locking out used game discs] is false speculation and that Playstation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any Playstation 3 console.”

Reports suggested that Sony had planned to use the new technology in an effort to combat video game piracy. The reports arose after a patent for a disc technology surfaced with Sony President, Ken Kutaragi, listed as an inventor.

If the new system had been adopted, Playstation 3 software would have only been accessible to the first machine it was run by. Once an authentication code was read, it would have become unplayable on all other consoles.

The news comes as a huge relief to gamers who feared the end of trading games and multiplayer sessions with friends.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Pointless rumors by wack sites looking to drive traffic to their URLs

Last edited by OldBusiness; 02-06-2013 at 08:55 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #19
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,781 | Props total: 17140 17140
automatic L
 5 years ago '12        #20
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,666 | Props total: 21993 21993
 ALLEEK said:
Word? Show me some rumors that Sony and Microsoft have come out and said were true

Y'all really can't be this stupid. This same rumor was spread last March about the Playstation 4

They even had this same exact rumor damn near a month ago about the Playstation 4

Please don't fall for these magazines/blogs trying to get traffic to their wack a.ss sites by posting bullsh*t

Dio you should know better than that. Shouldn't even support this bad journalism by spreading it

PS4 and the Nextbox will not do anything like that. The console industry ain't there yet
Are you fu*king stupid? When I refer to rumours I am talking about the leaked specs, etc, etc. Damn learn to read outside of the box.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy