So now Soulja Boy stealing album covers too

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
44 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
 Trelli3Matrix said:
And note, when wayne was at his peak and called the best rapper alive and everyone was on his d!ck, he had a cover of him as a baby...didnt NAS bite that from him? Then Wayne made c4 with him a little older.... Didn't NAS copy that same idea from him for it was written? And y did aaliyah copy the verse he had on that song wit pleasure p? She copied him word for word!!!! And I'm not gonna bring up tupac snatching c murders song ride on my enemies. Free tupac and rip c murder!!

Don't even know where to start so ima let the smell linger on til it becomes unbearable
 5 years ago '09        #42
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,404 | Props total: 10523 10523
Let me explain something to you guys. Soulja boy does not make these covers. He does not see these covers (most likely) . A DJ pays an artist and the artist designs it and the DJ pays for it. The mixtape designer put soulja boy's head on the album. He doesn't design these albums, mixtape designers are the ones doing it. I'm not pro or anti soulja boy. Just educating y'all on why it looks like soulja boy is ripping covers off. It's not him, it's the designers...So yeah...Most of the time these are not even legit mixtapes but just a couple of unreleased songs being put on a mixtape to get a cheap, broke a.ss DJ a little bit of buzz for himself...Paying next to nothing for the cover.

Why do I know this? Cause I've been designing mixtapes for over 4 years. Take my word for it or call me a liar.

Last edited by ImAMonster; 02-04-2013 at 06:53 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #43
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
 Trelli3Matrix said:
What does ur last statement have to do with anything tho? U see how many n*ggas jacked him wait that crankin sh*t??? Crank dat batman? Crank dat yank? He was the biggest artist of 07 and even had animals crankin, NFL teams as well as ur grandma. There's a reason people were fans, not cuza no god damn cd cover ideas. He was a trendsetter and owned 2007. Call a spade a spade and u will see y ur comment makes no sense in this thread...ain't like he was a graphic designer stiffing n*ggas, THEN u woulda had a point.

the n*gga look lame on that cover and thats why i posted it fu*k boy

u mad cause u fell for a fad

5 years ago '04        #44
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
 ImAMonster said:
Let me explain something to you guys. Soulja boy does not make these covers. He does not see these covers (most likely) . A DJ pays an artist and the artist designs it and the DJ pays for it. The mixtape designer put soulja boy's head on the album. He doesn't design these albums, mixtape designers are the ones doing it. I'm not pro or anti soulja boy. Just educating y'all on why it looks like soulja boy is ripping covers off. It's not him, it's the designers...So yeah...Most of the time these are not even legit mixtapes but just a couple of unreleased songs being put on a mixtape to get a cheap, broke a.ss DJ a little bit of buzz for himself...Paying next to nothing for the cover.

Why do I know this? Cause I've been designing mixtapes for over 4 years. Take my word for it or call me a liar.
ok we know that

but he's the one that has to OK it.

obviously he's telling them what he wants and he's str8 biting. the designer doesnt give a fu*k.
 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM         #45
Ran$om 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trelli3Matrix said:
And note, when wayne was at his peak and called the best rapper alive and everyone was on his d!ck, he had a cover of him as a baby...didnt NAS bite that from him? Then Wayne made c4 with him a little older.... Didn't NAS copy that same idea from him for it was written? And y did aaliyah copy the verse he had on that song wit pleasure p? She copied him word for word!!!! And I'm not gonna bring up tupac snatching c murders song ride on my enemies. Free tupac and rip c murder!!
Well done trolling! if not you're gonna have a fun time on this forum, hope you like the smell of ether
 5 years ago '09        #46
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,404 | Props total: 10523 10523
 DSOM said:
ok we know that

but he's the one that has to OK it.

obviously he's telling them what he wants and he's str8 biting. the designer doesnt give a fu*k.
Actually, You're wrong. I've done work for multiple dj's and stuff. They say who to put on the cover and what they want. The DJ asks for is, but a lot of times the designer gets a lot of freedom on how to design it. The rapper does not OK the mixtape design, nor do they see it or tell them what they want on it. Honestly 90% of these mixtapes the rappers don't even know they're on the cover. I've put Gucci, Wayne, Waka, Fabo, and multiple other artists on covers. Not once did I contact them or get contacted by them, and I also know for fact that the DJ I was doing the work for had no contact with the rappers.
 02-04-2013, 07:28 PM         #47
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Soulja Boy still relevant?......
 5 years ago '09        #48
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
a picture frame on the cover is stealing nowaday? people always find a way to hate on soulja!
 5 years ago '12        #49
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
 Trelli3Matrix said:
The troll in you is real

5 years ago '07        #50
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,621 | Props total: 2469 2469
It must suck when you're such a bad artist that you have to resort to flat out stealing album/mixtape covers or copying the concept ..soulja boy is beyond wackness
 5 years ago '12        #51
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,117 | Props total: 15677 15677

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '13        #52
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
He bit that Asap Cover so hard and even tried to bite Tyler the creators style, calling himself Dre the devloper on one of his mixtapes I believe.

This guy is just annoying at this point.

Why does he stay lingering in hip-hop though? He should be irrelevant by now.
 5 years ago '04        #53
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 2407 2407
 ImAMonster said:

and the artist does not or supposed to have any input on or about the album/mixtape cover???????? is soulja boy that stupid????? dude has millions of dollars but NOOO input on cover art that he is paying for???????? gtfoh!!!!!!!!!! you sound stupid and are making excuses.
 5 years ago '06        #54
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
 KiddMischief said:
This entire thread

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #55
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
 ImAMonster said:
Actually, You're wrong. I've done work for multiple dj's and stuff. They say who to put on the cover and what they want. The DJ asks for is, but a lot of times the designer gets a lot of freedom on how to design it. The rapper does not OK the mixtape design, nor do they see it or tell them what they want on it. Honestly 90% of these mixtapes the rappers don't even know they're on the cover. I've put Gucci, Wayne, Waka, Fabo, and multiple other artists on covers. Not once did I contact them or get contacted by them, and I also know for fact that the DJ I was doing the work for had no contact with the rappers.
slow down lol
youre talking about Dj mixtapes with multiple Artist on it which are unauthorized.

These are SOULJAH BOY's personal projects. He definitely knows what the cover is gonna look like and he's Str8 up Biting other ppls sh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #56
CM Punk 112 heat pts112
space
space
$7,333 | Props total: 1386 1386
 5 years ago '11        #57
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 CosbySweater said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #58
sillyboy25 10 heat pts10
space
space
$954 | Props total: 0 0
 Tyrant Noir said:

[pic - click to view]

yo when was this ?

Last edited by sillyboy25; 02-04-2013 at 08:51 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #59
Muunsta 189 heat pts189
space
space
space
$4,726 | Props total: 1874 1874
 gandulez said:
not true because i remember a few months back he bit that gangsta boo album cover and the original artist was commenting on it thru twitter.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #60
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Flying Jesus said:
the designer almost always, does what their client tells them to do, they just make it happen.

at you guys trying to act like this is the designers fault, its happened to many times for that to be the cause.
I have tons of clients who have no idea what they want and just tell me to "make it hot" -- and 9 out of 10 times they're so clueless that I can easily either rip off someone's work or just buy a template and call it my own. Easy money.

I also have a bunch of clients who have terrible photos and I have to manipulate them onto stock photos of bodies to make something decent. I'm just not dumb enough to use an obvious/famous image like the photo of Nas holding the boombox.

@ you explaining the creative process to me. I'm good, but thanks anyway.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago