Deron Williams’ new $15.8 million Manhattan penthouse (Pics)

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
125 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
9816 pageviews
150 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Deron Williams’ new $15.8 million Manhattan penthouse (Pics)

After signing a five-year, $98.8 million contract to run the point as the franchise player of the Brooklyn Nets this summer, it became clear that Deron Williams was going to be sticking around New York for a little while. All that was left was for the 28-year-old triggerman to find a place that his family could call home for the long term; as you might expect in the world of New York real estate, putting down roots can come at a pretty steep price.

The damage in this case, according to Jennifer Gould Kiel of the New York Post: a cool $15.8 million, which is a little more than a million less than he's making this year. (Then again, the spot was initially listed at $16.9 million, so really, this is a total bargain.)

So what's $15.8 million buy these days? According to the Post, 6,800 square feet of penthouse livin' — in a pad once checked out by Diddy, so you know it's cool — just across the Brooklyn Bridge in Tribeca, which sounds pretty cozy:

The six-bedroom, 4 1/2-bathroom residence in the Merchant’s House condo conversion, a building that dates back to 1905, also features a sprawling 3,000 square feet of outdoor space.

The unit includes a modern great room with 17-foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows and a skylight. Other highlights include sliding glass doors that open onto a Zen-like Japanese garden and a floating staircase. The “restaurant-grade” stainless-steel kitchen comes with a commercial range and dishwasher plus two industrial refrigerators, and there’s also an “oversized climate-controlled wine room.” And if Williams feels like driving back and forth from Barclays Center, the residence comes with two garage spaces.

And if he doesn't, his new place is like a 20-minute ride away from Barclays on the Q. Easy peasy!

[pic - click to view]

The purchase of the giant penthouse — which includes a "little bridge crossing a lily pond," just like every Manhattan residence — likely ensures that Williams, his wife and their two children, who have been renting a place in SoHo, won't live in Brooklyn at any point during his playing days with the Nets. Right now, no Nets actually reside in Brooklyn; most have chosen to live either in Manhattan or in New Jersey to be closer to the Nets' East Rutherford, N.J., practice facility. This bums out some Brooklyn fans, but it seems pretty reasonable.

I just hope Williams knows what he's getting into — 6,800 square feet is a lot of space, after all. After a couple of years, he could find himself just another one of the many unfortunate New Yorkers suffering from having houses that are way too big, which is just such a big burden to bear. Then again, bearing big burdens is what a franchise player's paid to do.

This, of course, brings us to our biggest question: What does Mikhail Prokhorov give as a housewarming gift? My guess: Diamond-studded kitchen knives. What good's a restaurant-grade kitchen if you can't chop in luxury? Feel free to leave your ProkhoGift suggestions in the comments.

More looks at the new digs:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://sports.yahoo.com/b .. 0579--nba.html

[pic - click to view]

image that's an L for $15M

150 comments for "Deron Williams’ new $15.8 million Manhattan penthouse (Pics)"

02-01-2013, 10:59 PM         #2
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God that looks like trash for 15 mill
 02-01-2013, 11:04 PM         #3
NETS05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:

After signing a five-year, $98.8 million contract to run the point as the franchise player of the Brooklyn Nets this summer, it became clear that Deron Williams was going to be sticking around New York for a little while. All that was left was for the 28-year-old triggerman to find a place that his family could call home for the long term; as you might expect in the world of New York real estate, putting down roots can come at a pretty steep price.

The damage in this case, according to Jennifer Gould Kiel of the New York Post: a cool $15.8 million, which is a little more than a million less than he's making this year. (Then again, the spot was initially listed at $16.9 million, so really, this is a total bargain.)

So what's $15.8 million buy these days? According to the Post, 6,800 square feet of penthouse livin' — in a pad once checked out by Diddy, so you know it's cool — just across the Brooklyn Bridge in Tribeca, which sounds pretty cozy:

The six-bedroom, 4 1/2-bathroom residence in the Merchant’s House condo conversion, a building that dates back to 1905, also features a sprawling 3,000 square feet of outdoor space.

The unit includes a modern great room with 17-foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows and a skylight. Other highlights include sliding glass doors that open onto a Zen-like Japanese garden and a floating staircase. The “restaurant-grade” stainless-steel kitchen comes with a commercial range and dishwasher plus two industrial refrigerators, and there’s also an “oversized climate-controlled wine room.” And if Williams feels like driving back and forth from Barclays Center, the residence comes with two garage spaces.

And if he doesn't, his new place is like a 20-minute ride away from Barclays on the Q. Easy peasy!

[pic - click to view]

The purchase of the giant penthouse — which includes a "little bridge crossing a lily pond," just like every Manhattan residence — likely ensures that Williams, his wife and their two children, who have been renting a place in SoHo, won't live in Brooklyn at any point during his playing days with the Nets. Right now, no Nets actually reside in Brooklyn; most have chosen to live either in Manhattan or in New Jersey to be closer to the Nets' East Rutherford, N.J., practice facility. This bums out some Brooklyn fans, but it seems pretty reasonable.

I just hope Williams knows what he's getting into — 6,800 square feet is a lot of space, after all. After a couple of years, he could find himself just another one of the many unfortunate New Yorkers suffering from having houses that are way too big, which is just such a big burden to bear. Then again, bearing big burdens is what a franchise player's paid to do.

This, of course, brings us to our biggest question: What does Mikhail Prokhorov give as a housewarming gift? My guess: Diamond-studded kitchen knives. What good's a restaurant-grade kitchen if you can't chop in luxury? Feel free to leave your ProkhoGift suggestions in the comments.

More looks at the new digs:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

that's an L for $15M

do you even know where the house is? it's in a prime location.

Last edited by NETS05; 02-01-2013 at 11:06 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #4
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
 NETS05 said:
do you even know where the house is?
considering i put the location in the title, i'd imagine so
 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM         #5
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bammas in here talking about Manhattan real estate

Don't get to comfy Deron, I'm counting down the days until your a.ss gets traded
 02-01-2013, 11:08 PM         #6
NETS05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:
considering i put the location in the title, i'd imagine so
good so you should know it's not a 15 million L
 5 years ago '07        #7
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
sh*t, it's a more expensive pad than mine.

Nets...won?
 5 years ago '10        #8
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,373 | Props total: 9643 9643
Nice place but it ain't $15.8 million dollar nice

Should have got a place in Jersey somewhere
 02-01-2013, 11:10 PM         #9
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jiraiya said:
sh*t, it's a more expensive pad than mine.

Nets...won?
According to Dee it's still
 02-01-2013, 11:11 PM         #10
NETS05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
According to Dee it's still
he should know better when 90% of Detroit is in foreclosure.
 02-01-2013, 11:11 PM         #11
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blkboipurp said:
Nice place but it ain't $15.8 million dollar nice

Should have got a place in Jersey somewhere
This

I'm not gonna lie, if I made as much as he has, I'd have a Corcoran property in Manhattan.
 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM         #12
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NETS05 said:
 02-01-2013, 11:13 PM         #13
NETS05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
This

I'm not gonna lie, if I made as much as he has, I'd have a Corcoran property in Manhattan.

02-01-2013, 11:16 PM         #14
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NETS05 said:

For 60Mil, my bi*ch Leighton better come with the property ready to give top on demand
 5 years ago '08        #15
space
space
no way i'd buy a house if I were an active NBA player. if i did, it'd probably be some regular sh*t like the house shaq just bought

Last edited by Dee Grande; 02-01-2013 at 11:20 PM..
 02-01-2013, 11:20 PM         #16
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's a good investment given the market. Using your name to add value to a property and flip it when you're ready to go is a great idea. He bought it for 15, if he won a chip he could sell it for 20-25 in few years.
 5 years ago '08        #17
space
space
 NETS05 said:
i've read this (false statement) about three times, and i'm still trying to figure out what it has to do with this thread. or with me, for that matter. are you just mad?
 5 years ago '11        #18
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,295 | Props total: 20009 20009
15 million for that bullsh*t

meanwhile curtis jackson's house in CT is going for 10 mill
 5 years ago '10        #19
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,373 | Props total: 9643 9643
 Dee Grande said:
i've read this (false statement) about three times, and i'm still trying to figure out what it has to do with this thread. or with me, for that matter. are you just mad?
He doesn't want you talking about his player
 5 years ago '07        #20
timdog 924 heat pts924
space
space
$30,499 | Props total: 15039 15039
the location pricey but for 15 mill d will could have copped a better spot
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago