1LynguisticMind's Review Of Joe Budden's "No Love Lost" (4.7/5)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
5711 pageviews
72 comments

1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
1LynguisticMind's Review Of Joe Budden's "No Love Lost" (4.7/5)

Joe Budden No Love Lost Review

There is really no other artist who caters to his fans as much as Joseph Budden. He makes that heart felt music his fan base loves. Its no Surprise some of his die hards were apprehensive when they saw features from dudes like Lil Wayne and Wiz. The Eminem executive producer credit also had me a little skeptical….I prayed this album didn’t go hip pop. Lets let the music speak for its self.

1. Our First Again (Intro) – Good Intro, I wish this joint was a full song though, the beat goes.

2. Top Of The World – Damn Budden comes hard on the first joint. The beat is crazy, the hook as perfect, and Budden of course delivers. Great start. Its good to see Budden on his ball sh-t and yet still keep it authentic. 5/5

3. She Don’t Put It Down Like You (feat Lil Wayne) – This track is the first single. T-Minus once again does not disappoint. Beat is crazy, straight banger. With Eminem as the executive producer I was hoping he could pull some strings and get a video for this done properly. Good single, this song appeals to both s3xes. Im not a fan of Lil Waynes current rap abilities but he flows well over the beat and definitely creates that commercial appeal. 4/5

4. NBA (feat. Wiz Khalifa and French Montana) - Four songs in and its hard not to notice how well the production is. This beat is flames. Wiz is another artist im not really all about these days, but dude did his thing. French is nice too, he is no lyricist but his “heeehhhs” and adlib echo’s make the song that much more of a banger. Budden k!lls it, love the Hardin line. Of Course he takes the cake on best verse. Song is a banger. 4.5/5

5. You and I (feat Emmany) – First love song on the album. Emmany ‘s hook is flawless, I need more solo sh-t from him. I was surprised this was produced by Cardiak, didn’t really sound like him. Needless to say the beat is perfect for the song. And Budden came correct as he almost always does. 4.5/5

6. Castles – Probably my favorite song on the album. Beat is dope. Concept is dope. And Budden once against proves why he is top 5 out right now, definitely nearing that number one song spot. So far this is the stand out track. Budden is on his Mood Muzik sh-t. Baby Goat Bruhs. Classic Track 5/5

7. All In My Head (feat Royce Da 5’9”)– One of the best joints on A Loose Quarter. And one of the best on No Love Lost. Hooks is nice, Budden is Nice, and Royce is nice. Great Track. 5/5

8. Skeletons (feat Joel Ortiz and Crooked I) – Another great track. Love the keys on this beat. Three of the most elite rappers rapping about real sh-t, what more can a fan ask for? This chick singing is great too, I wonder why she wasn’t credited. Budden IMO had the best verse. 5/5

9. Ghetto Burbs (feat Emmany)
– Great song. These two can do no wrong together. Joe is on some Nas sh-t with this picture painting. The beat is loud as fu-k too, hits hard in the whip. 5/5

10. Last Day (feat Juicy J and Lloyd Banks) – Coldest song on the album. Hardest song of the year. God damn this sh-t is beast mode. You got the two baby GOATS once again together on the same track image God damn this beat! Juicy J held his own among the two lyricists. Don’t know who got who on this, sh-t to much heat for a white boy to comprehend. image 5/5

11. Role Play (interlude) – Good lord this sh-t had me dying. “Puff Daddy in this pus-y, take that take that” “Damn you trying to make me Big Sean in this pus-y, Oh Gawwd”

12. Switch Positions (Feat Omarion) – Smooth, smooth s3x song. Keys were excellent on this joint. Was kind of surprised by this feature. sh-t worked out great though. 4.5/5

13. Tell Em Something (feat SLV) – Favorite female related song on the track. This beat is orgasmic. Hook is catchy as sh-t. I know a lot of dudes can relate to this track me being one of them. Classic Track. 5/5

14. Runaway – Wasn’t sure about the beat on first on this one, but after a few listens this is sh-t comes together perfectly. Joe is on his personal sh-t here. And IMO he is one of the few rappers who can do this rap/rock stlye beats. Another un credited singer though? Love the Guitar solo too. 4.5/5

15. My Time – This is song is vintage Joe. Mood Muzik type sh-t. Joes on his better me now sh-t on this. It is definitely bittersweet to see him evolve into a new, better chapter of his life (no homo). This dudes life is like a saga and his personal and authentic lyrics make his appeal that much stronger. “the bottom is gone, but the ceiling is too” 5/5

16. No Love Lost – Perfect way to close out this album. This beat is excellent. The Guitar through out the beat is flawless. sh-t almost made ya boy tear up like a virgin during that first time penetraion. The Gawd spits the real on this. 5/5

All in all this is probably Buddens most COMPLETE album/project to date. The flow of the album is perfect. There is not one weak song on this album. He should have included “Off To The Races” on this though, that’s one of his top 5 songs EVER IMO. With the right marketing I do not see how this dude could fail. He has the talent and now diversity. His biggest draw to me is his relatability. This dude isn’t screaming about cars and clothes 24/7 like these lesser artists. Joe Budden should be the face of hip hop. He has the talent a lot of these prominent acts lack. I think a lot more people would understand hip hop better if they heard an album or too from him. Great album, cant wait for the next one.

4.7/5

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 02-03-2013 at 05:47 AM..

72 comments for "1LynguisticMind's Review Of Joe Budden's "No Love Lost" (4.7/5)"

5 years ago '09        #2
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
but ur a stan..............album sucked 2.5/5
 5 years ago '07        #3
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
 JewsusChrist said:
but ur a stan..............album sucked 2.5/5

and your a hater
 5 years ago '12        #4
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259

Good lord

Album was on par with SH: WTOH

Last edited by DoMieD; 02-01-2013 at 10:35 PM..
 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM         #5
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Review is laughable so I'll ignore it. The album is decent. Not great by any stretch but decent. I had Last Day on repeat and I never do that for Joe Budden. Track is hard as fu*k...
 5 years ago '07        #6
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Budden stan here. Mediocre Joey album. Loose quarter>>>>
it is his most cohesive album to date

let it resonate people

i listened to this sh*t 6 times its glorious
 5 years ago '12        #7
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,461 | Props total: 12827 12827
Damn buddy rated that sh*t like it was The 7 Day Theory....fu*k outta here with all them fives....and imma stan of dude
 02-01-2013, 10:40 PM         #8
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sorry son but Loose Quarter had better singles overall and conveyed a better story line.
 02-01-2013, 10:41 PM         #9
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This n*gga stanning

When was the last time you gave an album 4.5+

General reviews say this was trash. Wouldn't download.
 5 years ago '07        #10
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 5487 5487
that Runaway guitar solo made me tear up
 5 years ago '12        #11
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 1LynguisticMind said:
it is his most cohesive album to date

let it resonate people

i listened to this sh*t 6 times its glorious
You need to shape up your listening skills broski
 5 years ago '11        #12
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 1224 1224
I'd give it a 3.8/5, might move up to a 4.

Budden did a great job on this album and def made up for ALQ (which was ok) but it would be lucky to crack his top 5 projects.

MM2
MM3
MM4
Escape Route
No Love Lost

Ima need a MM5 at some point.
 5 years ago '12        #13
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,461 | Props total: 12827 12827
Alq>nll
 5 years ago '11        #14
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,306 | Props total: 20031 20031

dude just lost all the credibility he had
 5 years ago '09        #15
59fifty 
space
space
$22,721 | Props total: 10166 10166
My time ,runaway ,u n I ,NBA,ghetto burbs was all garbage

The rest was str8....I don't like royce on all in my head tho

And the remix at the end is irrelevant, like Wayne version better
 5 years ago '07        #16
space
space
 Pos said:
that Runaway guitar solo made me tear up
 5 years ago '12        #17
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,741 | Props total: 610 610
Damn this thread backfired
 5 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 TheMob said:
This n*gga stanning

Nas Album
 5 years ago '11        #19
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,820 | Props total: 1224 1224
 TheMob said:
This n*gga stanning

So you're in here because???
 5 years ago '07        #20
space
space
 Heat in 5 said:
Who in the fu*k cares about this random coke addicted white boys rating?
you did enough to come in here

all my reviews get hot topiced bro, mean while you get banned every two months

i know you still mad you the bastard son of crunchy black, it wont get better Elijah, what a shame it is your mom had second thoughts about that abortion.

suicide, commit it
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy